Why not one that does both?

why not one that does both?

Attached: Aimpoint_CompM4s_with_3X_1600x1180px_150dpi.jpg (1600x1180, 216K)

Why not have two that each do one?

They have those.
Which would you rather do a in a pinch? Fuck with your sight dial with your pants down for a half hour or just flick the magnifying sight out of the way in a fraction of a second?

Why not three that does more?

One thing that does two functions okay will never come close to competing with two things that do one single function perfectly.

Id rather twist the magnification dial from 8x down to 1x and have a more streamlined rifle with an actual ranging reticle

eye relief of a red dot is unmatched by low variable optics.

It must be nice to have never been in a situation where life or death is a matter of seconds.

nice air soft
retard poster
Magnifier has worse eye relief yes. RDS have infinite eye relief dumb ass.

This combined with the redundancy of having two optics, although I guess you could just do irons; all three would be nice tbqhbbq

If you need half an hour to figure out how to twist a sight dial, you must face life and death fucking constantly. For god's sake make sure you're careful crossing the road user.

that's what I wanted to say.

Eye relief of a red dot is unmatched. (full stop) low power variable is worse in this regard. magnifier will limit your eye relief just like a LPVO will, but you can flip it out of the way.

Upside of a LPVO: probably more magnification that red dot + magnifier.

Apologies for the confusion, I'm drunk.

>FAILPOINT
LOLOLOL

It doesn't actually take half an hour you dumb nigger but when someone is shooting at you seconds translate to minutes.

Then perhaps you shouldn't say half an hour on a Georgian throat-singing penpal network. It tends to knock your credibility for anything you say afterwards.

Yeah you're right, you do know better than every major military on the planet afterall.

These guys get it.

>"I've never used a hyperbole to get a point across."

Attached: 1525873023686.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Hyperbole is for lazy people who can't cogently and convincingly argue with fact.

Nevermind, hopefullly you do use a sight dial and have a bullet whiz through your skull while adjusting.

Which one requires fine motor control
>turning a dial
Or
>punching a tube to the side

That's charming. Hopefully you find a cancerous mass in your testicle when you shower tomorrow.

Hey buddy, this all just good fun on the internet. Kinda rude tho since I wished you a quick and painless death in a scenario which you'll never experience whereas I fondle my balls everyday in the shower.

Attached: 1530505234597.jpg (480x480, 39K)

You knew the risks

Well, user, early detection is the key to higher survival rates

Having used both rds+magnifier combos and lpvo's, the former are worse in almost every way
They're as heavy or heavier than an lpvo, have worse reticles, less magnification and flipping a magnifier over takes just as much time as turning a magnification dial

>LPVO FO' LYFE!!!

Feels good

Attached: 1563134749328.png (497x840, 837K)

This makes the RDS, LPVO and poor faggots seethe.

Attached: 71zmcSDD7DL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 70K)

I don't know what this meme is can someone explain to noguns from /ck/

Thus. Seethe peasants, thou shall naught taste luxury.

Red dot sight + magnifier vs. Adjustable magnification scope

The whole piggyback idea like you see with the stacked RMR on ACOGs deal seems like a good solution. You have a dedicated fixed magnification scope, which reduces its complexity, with a dedicated red dot on top that is in a position where you'd be using a cheek weld, which is more desirable for close distance anyways.

>mil doesnt use lpvo
retard alert

your tube is a failure/snag point, is shit to apply, and makes gun lopsided

height over bore and tiny fov

LPVOs are great but they suck with NODs. Red dot + magnifier is fan-fucking-tastic with nods.

A good lpvo is around the same price, a nice one much more expensive, and is all around better