Kugelpanzer

So what the hell was this? The Soviets found it in Manchuria, when they captured a Japanese unit. It's was made in Germany, but there are no plans, no traces of anything and nothing like it.

Attached: Kugelpanzer.jpg (2592x1944, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgward_IV
youtu.be/LSI27oPZeWA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panjandrum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New recruit hazing device

They were either going for a mobile machinegun bunker or a giant goliath, but given the nature of a goliath that seems kind of counter productive.

The thing's just got a real "Drive it the fuck into something and blow it up" vibe about it.

Don't go down this rabbit hole user

Nigger pic related you fuckbitch

Attached: 4f98fa14882bb605826a6430ee3ffdbe.jpg (1600x1102, 454K)

Looks like a rollie pollie tank

anti tank guns would eat those things for breakfast

I honestly think it was simply a prototype to proof a concept and nothing more or at best what this user said about the mobile mg platform

It is. Closest thing I could think of to OP's pic

My dick would eat your asshole for breakfast [in minecraft]

>only one ever made
>no plans, nothing
>found by Russia
It's some weird russian fantasy thing for their museum.

A spherical shape is good to get the minimum surface area that you need to armor thus less weight, i'm surprised there weren't more of these sort of things made.

Put an MG or flamethrower sticking out the front and they seem like they'd be useful to support infantry in urban combat in WW2 where full sized tanks had their mobility limited by their size and were too vulnerable and valuable to risk a 5 man crew clearing out every soviet position.

Yeah that is odd the germans have no docs on it

Attached: Kugelpanzer oddities.jpg (3562x1906, 1.73M)

As for the fact that they don't take good care of their exhibits, yeah, plenty of vehicles in Kubinka look like absolute shit
Just look at the Sturer Emil or the Maus

>or a giant goliath, but given the nature of a goliath that seems kind of counter productive
They had those, they were literally Pz IVs without turrets and packed with explosives, so that niggerball thing has to be something else.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgward_IV

post your dick faggot, let's see if it could

>Kugelpanzer
hohum
Call me when the kegelpanzer comes out

Well now we know where the idea for this came from

Attached: A-gedlav.jpg (640x640, 184K)

Most believable theory is imo the one that it was given to either China or Japan pre or early war in order to test if such a device is any good for wire laying. Since there is only one probably not if that would be the case.

Doesn't putting a MS in a wheeled vehicle sort of defeat the point of a MS in the first place?

It's a personal vehicle for psychic operatives.
Greys were too easily killed by machine gun fire due to their atrophied physical characteristics so this machine was developed.
Ideally it allows for psychic projection while shrugging off anything short of a direct hit from a large caliber cannon and retaining impressive maneuverability and speed.
It wouldn't be much use to a regular human, but it performs well when driven by a higher life form.

According to the wiki, It acts as a subflight system for MS, Also can work underwater.

>Doesn't putting a MS in a wheeled vehicle sort of defeat the point of a MS in the first place?
Does having a bicycle defeat the purpose of walking?

>shrugging off anything short of a direct hit from a large caliber cannon
>armor is only 5mm thick
They must have used weird ayylmao metal for the armor

Could you imagone the heat buildup inside that thing?

How the fuck do you get out of that thing?

Hitler's personal escape pod that was attached to a V2 and launched out of Berlin

Attached: 1499914937918.jpg (2269x3000, 1.4M)

>suspicious brick

Attached: 1561659793698.jpg (400x400, 42K)

>doesn't putting an infantryman in an APC kinda defeat the purpose of an infantryman?

Is that your theory, or is there any source? Either way it sounds like a damn good theory, best one I've heard so far

This is a very bad joke and I'm ashamed that it made me laugh

wtf I have never seen this before

Attached: kubin8as.jpg (1296x864, 63K)

Looks plastic.

This thing gives me the AT-ST vibe

Attached: f11g.jpg (1024x791, 84K)

Its the answer by Ralf Raths, the director of the german tank museum, on the question what he would consider it to be.

What the heck. What purpose would that locomotion system even be for?

Mine resistance?

Exactly, it was supposed to be a mine clearing vehicle but as far as i know id did a piss poor job at it and never left the prototype state

well it looks cool as fuck with that turret

Something like this, as it wasn't something japan (or even china for that matter) couldn't have produced on their own its likely that the germans wanted to test something in practice with it.

youtu.be/LSI27oPZeWA

it was a tank for stealing battle queens

>what is it
it is obviously pure sex, incel

Or this perhaps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panjandrum

Crack

>So what the hell was this?

a lie

>there are no plans, no traces of anything and nothing like it.

because it's a lie

looks like an ape.

Very fitting for Hans to secretly wish he was black.

So we decided to put our infantry into apcs, found apcs limited so we made the apcs into giant infantry and then put them into a larger APC to protect them?

WTF is this? Some russian nesting doll?

Bold of you to assume

Don’t you talk shit about the fuckmothering wheel Zaku

bold of me to assume that it's possible to get out of it?

I'll eat your dick for breakfast, faggot.

It's MS warfare evolving to MS becoming more disposable as beam weapons make armor useless and maneuverability becomes key. It's also a way to protect suits from beams to an extent,as well as increasing their mobility on the cheap,so that propellant can be preserved.

I take it 'regional strategic mobility' is not in your vocabulary. It makes it easier for them to keep up with the ships, in addition to making them faster and giving them a few more weapons.

>What the hell was this?
One of several machines that would have guaranteed complete domination on the battlefield, technological breakthroughs that would have turned the tide of the entire war if only it had stretched out a few more days, their designs were so advanced that even 70 years later our minds cannot even comprehend their purpose and ridicule them, for the sheer destruction these machines would have caused is simply unimaginable

Attached: Spoodertonk.png (987x399, 931K)

>suspicious brick

Attached: 1557158336918.jpg (447x300, 12K)

imagine the smell

I always thought it was a remotely controlled rolling bomb.

Trips don't lie

> russians
> actually taking care of things, not letting them turn into heaping piles of rust
pick one

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-20 10-37-45.png (374x331, 88K)

stop posting this, thank you

how do any of those fucks see what they are shooting at

Same way the assistant gunner in a T-34 did, through a very, very small hole.

Some tanks at the time didn't even have that hole, they just loaded the guns with tracers, and the commander told them which way to aim.

Attached: 24fbbf3cbeb2aa182b91a94be14e3620.jpg (500x408, 60K)

Imagine running into one of these things on the battlefield. it gives me a star wars destroyer droid vibe. it just rolls up, tanks on coming small arms fire, and lights up the whole squad.

portable masturbatorium

neat

For real? Its obvious its a museum piece. Restoration was clearly done. Its been recently painted too. Fucking idiot

You know how long the Saturn V rocket in the Smithsonian's collection sat out back in pieces to rust itself to death? Waaaaay too fucking long. Took a private investor and a bunch of crowdfunding to get it restored and moved to Huntsville.

how does he get out without breaking the eggs?

This is no Zaku boy, NO ZAKU

Did they restore it to be a poorly designed poorly built vehicle that looks like it was just some shit Ivan made up to have something weird in the museum?
It's been painted like 3 or 4 times with a really thick shitty coat of paint, and they slapped a balkenkreuz on there more recently but didn't have it previously, Ivan can't decide what this totally real Soviet captured vehicle looked like when they got it and can't take care of if, yet those stupid russkies are trusted to take care of stuff like the Maus.

Attached: Some+sort+of++battle+machine+you+pleb+_18b50ed3af747563d674b212224733cc.jpg (400x400, 72K)

Supposedly an artillery observation vehicle that could get super close without being seen but no one actually knows if it's even German or not and all info about it is from Kubinka so good luck verifying anything. In reality it's probably some meme machine some dude's built in the back of a factory somewhere.

the theory of it being an armored device to lay wire sounds pretty good

Honestly had no idea that was a real vehicle despite having that pic for years

That you would survive to get out of it, you dense fuckhead.

Attached: 1556476649705.jpg (415x387, 9K)

the saturn was shit though. it wasnt even in service for more than 3 years.

>the saturn was shit though.
if the Saturn V was even 99% reliable, it would expect over 500 defects

on its first test run, it did not experience any defects
its one of the most reliable pieces of machinery ever made and actually did its job of going to the moon

>Maus
The thing is literally just a hull

There is nothing inside to be taken care of