What does it take to become Top Gun?

What does it take to become Top Gun?
youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420

Attached: I feel the need.png (2360x1070, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmUwiVkWRDA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gun#Filming
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>That F-14 flying at the end
Interesting.

>he didn't see the leaked set pics

Attached: BGUS_1432436_009-768x1152.jpg (768x1152, 116K)

He dies and an F-14 carries him to heaven, or Omicron Persei 8, wherever.

I'm impressed. Knowing Cruise I bet alot of those scenes were filmed inside actual planes.

Top kino is back on the menu boys

That cat scene was the backseat of an F/A-18F super hornet.

Maybe this’ll make people love the superbug as much as the tomcats. The trailer looks stylish as fuck.

No CVN 65 this time. Nimitz class ships have no souls

We going to see some 22s? And is this a Man vs Drone story? I'm fine with this being Ace Combat 7: Cruise Control

Can someone explain this picture to me? Iranian Tomcat?

Confirmed kino if the Tomcat shoots down the super drone in the end.

> love the superbug as much as the tomcats
The literal definition of soulless v soul

The basic plot says its Maverick training Goose's son. Hopefully they incorporate some pilotless jets and have some scene where they get sent into combat.

That’d be kinda cool. The movie needs an antagonist, and I doubt a modern Hollywood film is gonna make the Chinese the baddies, so it could end up being Iran. It’d fit into the whole story if they reassign Maverick to combat duty, as they need the best F-14 pilot in history to go up against the last flyable Tomcats.

Plot summary mentions Gen 5s and combat drones, trailer hints at pilots being on the out. I'm guessing we get F14 vs super AI drone.

And god damn, will I be fucking rock hard.

I M A G I N E

Attached: F-14-Tomcat-Jolly-Rogers-Military-Aircraft-Wallpaper-4576.jpg (1920x1200, 426K)

You just have to believe.
youtube.com/watch?v=DmUwiVkWRDA

I am enjoying this distinct lack of F-35.

Didnt they kinda already do this meme with that one movie Stealth?

Attached: p36159_v_v8_ay.jpg (960x1440, 192K)

X=!Y
The Soul vs Soulless meme is real.

Can anyone identify this cockpit?

Also;
>Be an air force RPA pilot
>Both Top Gun 2 and the newest Ace Combat feature you as the primary antagonist

I love it

Attached: hrmm.png (1584x891, 473K)

AI controlled, not stick boy.

In all fairness, in the public's eyes, they have no idea the reaper isn't an autonomous killing machine, and they barely even knew my aircraft existed till a few weeks ago.

damn , tom cruise looks so damn old in this one compared to the last mission impossible.

I hope they bullshit some excuse to have him back on a tomcat , but i feel they will get either a super plane or some high altitude craft because he seems to be wearing a pressure suit while talking to professional hollywod bad guy Ed harris

I, for one, am delighted to see that Maverick will be passing the torch to a woman of color.

Attached: phoenix.jpg (636x358, 60K)

So , what are the chances that they spilled some yukikaze into this " not stealth" version of top gun? ( maybe a second trailer would skew the balance to a macross plus plot rather than stealth level of seriousness)

damn , not only the colors , they even had the " wings" on the name? can they be any more obvious?!

I hope all the good flying scenes aren't going to be CGI.
What's the point of an aviation movie if there is no real aviation in it?

Also, I hope this movie will have more locker room/volleyball scenes. No homo.

Attached: countdown03.jpg (600x260, 50K)

Well he's supposed to be a washed up O6 so I suppose that older would be better

whats an 06?

Pay grade

Fuck Hollywood man, sucking chink dicks because their insect population lap up any marvel capeshit.

Did you even watch, you faggot?

>all the good flying scenes

not the other user but the takeoff shots from the carrier could be real while the final movie has bs CGI flying for the dogfight scenes
I don't think they'd do that, but still...

Lol. 20 sec of flying footage and you already know that the dog fight scenes will all be real. Or that the possible Drones/F-14 will be real and flying.
Never underestimate Hollywood. Faggot.

Hollywood knows it is unrealistic for China to lose in a naval air battle.

Unlike Russia, China doesn't like to be portrayed as an aggressor in any way. Interesting stance desu. They're trying to be what America's international image was before 9/11.

too bad the minute you deal with a chinese for more than 5 minutes you already hate all of them for being a bunch of chauvinistic greedy bastards ( even more than american usually are )

welp , the first one did a lot splicing footage if you ignore the fuel pods and switching plane logos/ camerapods.

I think they managed to get the navy on board for this one again so plane choreography true, exploding parts most likely cgi , and also the tomcat , no flying tomcat other than in iran

>too bad the minute you deal with a chinese for more than 5 minutes you already hate all of them for being a bunch of chauvinistic greedy bastards
Get off the internet m8.

Main antagonist are going to be hijacked/malfunctioned drones gone rogue.

Doesn't the original studeously avoid actually naming the Rooskies? I thought it was just heavily implied by making up a MiG platform for enemy planes.
I bet the Ching Chong Bing Bongs would be diamonds to take the same approach with the inclusion of one line of dialog- "What the fuck those aren't Sukhois...who the hell sold these assholes J-11s?!"
It would give Shenyang half a film worth of product placement and allow the whole story to describe a US/Chinese confrontation while explicitly denying that China is the enemy nation.

i did, and learned that the hard way

Needed more Biel booty, but wasn't bad.

China doesn't want to be portrayed as OPFOR. It's not the Cold War anymore grandpa. They want to be BLUFOR.

Describe your negative experience. Where are you from? Have you been to China?

O-6
not 06

>while explicitly denying that China is the enemy nation.
I'm saying that the squinty jew is both literal and greedy enough to accept this single concession to absolve them of fictional responsibility.

Pretty much the only thing it could be is a U-2 or some kind of made up black project. No idea why it would be a U-2 though

>Something I didn't see is evidence of it!
>Something I did see is evidence against it!
Nigger logic right there.

my guess is that is gonna be some sort of manned version of the super drone , ala yukikaze.

because theres just no real reason to put maverick in a spyplane thats been useless since the 70s

>No homo.

Indeed, user - yes homo.

You feel the need, the need for peen.

China is too smart for Jewish tricks. They'd never allow such a film to be shown there.

Unless they have an working F-14 tucked away at Area-51 (like all the still operational F-117s people see around there lately) the only working F-14s belong to Iran

>China is too smart for Jewish tricks
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

this... I would want to see

Attached: 1308853348600.jpg (328x398, 42K)

Attached: EA15D35A-55BC-4128-BB3B-EF9E1C1FB29A.jpg (750x257, 54K)

Is

The Tomcat lacks the thrust/weight to make it there.

Attached: birbs.png (990x900, 534K)

the A maybe , the B had the engines that it was suppossed to have .
But even so its still a gen 4 plane

Yeah, the pressure suit confused me. Maybe he becomes a test pilot before being dragged back into the action. It’d explain why he was flying that F-18 at 3 meters over that dry lake bed.

no , that was leaked , he is a top gun instructor ( thats why he has that superbug with black and blue , its his adversary unit , so he will be not-viper this time around, for a while )

it's totally some bleeding edge super f14 prototype that's all analog or some bullshit so the gigadrone can't hack it.

To the Navy that is a Captain, to the rest of the branches that is a Colonel. It’s a rank below General.

the original f-14 was basically a commodore 64 with wings , not even fly-by-wire, so not much to hack into .
So , maaaaayyyybe a supertomcat prototype that just got stored away when the project got canned?

Huh, then I wonder what the suit’s for. Either way, I’m really looking forward to it. Not expecting it to be a good movie story-wise, but jets will always be fucking cool.

Or below admiral, in the case of the navy.

Likely just to get light on his face for the cameras.

Doubt it. That trailer has tons of shots of him wearing a traditional helmet and mask.

>Never underestimate Hollywood.
Alright, fair enou--
>Faggot.
How rude.

If I remember correctly, during the production of the first movie, the studio specifically contracted either Grumman or Raytheon or someone to produce a custom camera pod that fit on the centerline hardpoint of the F-14 to use for action shots.

Neat. But they also have those kinds of cameras on Learjets, right? Kinda like the ones used for filming the French Top Gun with the Mirages.

Yep, they used ground based cams, ones in Learjets, and the podded cameras for all of the aircraft scenes.

>Most of the sequences of the aircraft maneuvering over land were shot at Naval Air Station Fallon, in Nevada, using ground-mounted cameras. Air-to-air shots were filmed using a Learjet. Grumman, manufacturer of the F-14, was commissioned by Paramount Pictures to create camera pods to be placed upon the aircraft[15] that could be pointed toward either the front or rear of the aircraft providing outside shots at high altitude.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gun#Filming

It also seems like they used an acrobatic pilot flying in a biplane to get some of the air to air shots, but he ironically ended up dying in a flat spin-induced accident during the course of the filming.

His jacket in the poster is missing the Japanese and Taiwanese flags

Attached: 1563486123012.jpg (688x524, 84K)

Not in low-light and low-contrast shots. Just like the halo jump scene from the lasted MI movie.

Attached: mcj-15747r.jpg (2700x1800, 461K)

>useless since the 70s
>yet still finds use today because it's the best tool for its job even today
kill yourself

The roundel is clearly of some fake country, and the other pics show Cruise and Miles Teller (Goose's son) sneaking through a snowy warzone with blown up Abrams tanks
Basically both will be shot down, and they have to work together to steal a Tomcat and escape

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F02%2Fasdadacvv.jpg%3Fquality%3D85.jpg (1440x809, 77K)

Holy fucking shit
It's a crossover film

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Isn't that the same as the 'MiG-28' from the original?

it's almost like hollywood is in the business of making money

similar but it was a star in the original, it was just the USSR they were fighting in the first one
I'm guessing the new nation might be a post-Soviet state that America sold weapons too, but they had a regime change and are now the enemy

Attached: M01.jpg (1500x844, 270K)

He's gonna be with some clandestine organization, maybe flying a new secret spy plane

Attached: TopGun-SR72-top.jpg (1200x657, 129K)

God Damn, I love the use of old tech, mecha and weapons retrofitted for use against the newer counterparts like M3 Grease guns used in the Gulf war and the Filipino Military, M14s in Sage EBR stocks, PPSH41s used in Iraq, ect Tom Cruise's OG F14

Attached: 1212.jpg (2592x1936, 1.97M)

>tfw friend is a SNA and I'm in the process of NFO selection

Attached: 1499047466651.png (1429x787, 1.56M)

you'd love ace combat then

Attached: dmuz0lryhwr21.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

>Basically both will be shot down, and they have to work together to steal a Tomcat and escape
Based

What’s with the space helmet & metal collar? They aren’t wearing that in an F-18

He's going to gather flying data for a german scientist's drone army

Attached: 7FF0449EF7AA475DA1B2EF1A44D1DEA724BFAC72.png (1920x1090, 2.18M)

Sounds like the perfect combination of stupid and awesome to be an amazing film. I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

f-14 was shit

You go fuck yourself with a rusty chainsaw, you dirty cocksucker.

[spoiler]Bandong[/spoiler] did nothing wrong.

lol so mad

Who hurt you?

Attached: jen.webm (1920x1072, 367K)

If they wanted to do some sort of "successor" design that's similar to the F-14 but a bit more modern, they could try to portray an F-22N.

If they wanted to do some sort of "successor" design that's similar to the F-14 but a bit more modern, they could try to portray an F-22N

Attached: 873A7F78-3109-4CA4-BBD5-61FA3965CA0F.png (1061x911, 74K)

actually braindead poster

And Stealth ripped off Macross Plus.
Don't look for originality, look for the execution.

Attached: Project Supernova AVF.jpg (1779x1046, 322K)

I hope the plot is Iceman went rogue and started his own rival airforce. There will be an emotional scene were Tom has to blow him up at point blank range while they're talking on the radio during a dogfight.

Attached: 996.jpg (300x198, 13K)

Honestly, I think there's gonna be some sort of plotline where a rogue PMC has bought a bunch of old Tomcats. Seems like the most politically safe route for the movie to go down when choosing an antagonist, and there has to be some sort of explanation for the non-USN marked F-14.