French uniforms/gear/weapons thread

Bonjour! Collecting French military stuff of any period? Post pics of your goods here.

Attached: on ne passe pas.jpg (888x1280, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2eJgKHqwLaI
hikishop.com/wwii-france-c-195.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qmhkW-rDFMA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_hcz0-1p0&vl=en
richardsreproductions.com/france.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 5K)

The Mle1926 Adrian helmet. Most of my French collection aims for the kits issued to the 1940 Scandinavian expedition.

Attached: french prewar helmet m1926 adrian.jpg (1078x680, 128K)

Can someone educate this underage fucktard please, i'm not capable of doing it anymore, i'm tired of posting over and over the same thing

It's a French officer kepi all right, but I don't have a date for it.

Attached: french kepi unknown 1.jpg (642x753, 122K)

This one is rarer, I think - a sailor cap for the French Navy. The Navy was part of the same expedition.

Attached: french ww2 navy cap.jpg (768x687, 125K)

This beret is chewed up but iirc it has French text inside. I assume it is postwar. If I owned a Chasseur Alpine cap I think I'd remember it.

Attached: french beret.jpg (500x419, 33K)

I unironically think CCE is better than U.S. woodland

Attached: KIMG0386.jpg (1836x3264, 2.9M)

Has to be Airforce, right?

Attached: french sidecap.jpg (600x406, 28K)

seething

Army. May be WW2 or postwar. The French haven't been great with date tags in my experience. Or tags at all, really. In the best cases there'll be manufacturer names.

Attached: sidecap french army em undated.jpg (600x401, 53K)

I believe this type of skiing boot was invented in France the late 1920s or mid 1930s - got it on file somewhere. This pair is French - or at least I bought it from a seller in France.

Attached: french skiing boots 1.jpg (494x467, 43K)

One could argue that they might not be French Army at all, and it could be right. But the FA utilized a bewildering array of civilian mountaineering gear in 1940. I struggle hard to find any info at all beside that one Osprey book.

Just the pouch unfortunately, but it is the ANP31 model that was issued with the Mle35 kit. That mask will be mine one day too.

Attached: french ww2 gas mask mle35.jpg (1455x1016, 266K)

The FN Browning 1910/22 is one of my favorites. It was issued to Belgians, French, German and fuck know how many other armies. This holster was not easy to find.

Attached: belgian and french ww2 holster for fn browning m1922.jpg (1136x1214, 265K)

It is a bucket. No markings iirc but I think I saw a pic of a French soldier with one once. That's as far as I have gotten yet.

Attached: french collapsible bucket.jpg (557x611, 112K)

I would like to make an informed comment on this but I have never held a CCE garment. Going by the picture those black fields seem to stand out a bit more than the ones in Woodland.

Mle1935 mess kit. Very sturdy and of good quality. Maybe some of the best kit the Poilus were ever issued with.

Attached: french ww2 tin 1a.jpg (754x465, 97K)

I'd take one of these over every German, English or American mess kit that was issued during WW2 and it would be tempting to not stop there.

Attached: french ww2 tin 1b.jpg (859x613, 145K)

That's because it's a cheap repro, the real ones are of course better.
Aesthetically, I like the more horizontal pattern of it.

Came across 3 boxes of this in a gunshop, no idea what's worth, reasonable trades considered.

Attached: 20190707_172732.jpg (2080x1560, 380K)

Here is an elusive item. It is the lower pack of the Mle35 backpack, which also is pretty elusive for collectors. Looks complete but now I know there's a couple of small hooks missing at the top so it can dangle below the top pack. I'll just utilize some black wire, no problem - the day I acquire the top pack. Those bastards have been out of circulation longer than Charles Manson.

Attached: french ww2 backpack bag 1a.jpg (910x718, 224K)

This is the Second Version of their canteen; only one spout. It arrived without cork, holder, straps... I added a random leather strap just so I could display it. Now I know it hangs directly on the belt.

Again, I feel the French did better than the Germans in this type of kit. It has to be almost twice as big as the standard German one. That's quite a thing considering how warm and remote places the Wehrmacht went. On the other hand the French soldier was generally burdened with a heavier load of personal equipment than most at the time.

Attached: french ww2 canteen second model.jpg (625x648, 143K)

Frenchfag here, you’re right : belongs to a «Adjudant-chef» from the Air Force

The y-strap/belt combo the French had been using since the start of the 20th century and up to Indochina was kind of weird. The hook thing does work I have to say and it is stronger than it look. These ammo pouches were outdated when the M36 rifle and its equipment was phased in, but they were in use by some units in 1940 anyway. Not sure if the pic is good enough to tell but the leather triangle in the back is painted beige, meaning it is postwar. The other straps are unpainted, meaning they are from the mid 20s when the French stopped painting them black.

Attached: french ww2 webbing.jpg (969x769, 234K)

Perfect. Merci!

A holster for the MAB1950 pistol. Painted beige of course.

Attached: french m1950 holster.jpg (600x460, 33K)

The prewar style is a lot more appealing to my taste. For the MAB1935 pistol.

Attached: french_mab1935_holster_1.jpg (600x617, 50K)

That's not officier, either adjutant or cadet officer

Yes, air force adjutant

Post other side so i can tell you if chasseur alpin or regular

I think this the same cap. Old pic I'm afraid.

Attached: fransk beret.jpg (600x467, 31K)

Your """collection""" is an embarrassment. Post guns or GTFO.

I don't have any French equipment, I'm looking to get an Adrian helmet of some flavour and do something similar to what The Chap is and making repro clip pouches and webbing for WWII-era French equipment. I also just purchased my first French bolt action rifle, and am currently in the market for a pre-Armistice MAS 36 or MAS 36/51.

Attached: 20190718_140942.png (1156x770, 370K)

Eat shit faggot, he's actually posting good content unlike most retards on this shitty board such as yourself.

You call that good content? Just a shitty picture of a common non-gun item and some text anyone can google.

Reminder that Jow Forums is a WEAPONS board.

I was just thinking about that after reading one of Tardi's comics: Why did the French foreign legion get khaki gear while everybody else got impractical blue stuff?

Attached: 4d3b41b2592c4c2067c798bf22edc7a0.jpg (565x730, 98K)

>Jow Forums is a board devoted to weapons and military equipment.
>military equipment
What the fuck do you think is being posted?

Hilarious and original user, thanks for the quality post.

Feppobebbo

My guy I'm not a collector, just trying to parlay some ammo into some AK/FAL/MP5 mags. I don't know why you're being so hostile. Also this is interesting stuff for francophiles.

I can't say for sure in the pic but i'd say chasseur alpin Indeed.
They haven't changed a bit, look up the modern one if you have a doubt

>1940 Scandinavian expedition.
Never heard about this?

Right now you can get original WW2 helmets pretty cheap. They're probably from some 3rd world country because they had their original insignia removed but they're in pretty good shape.

Fashion junk shit that needs to go back to containment. Fashion junk he evidently cannot be assed to identify correctly either: Nobody wants to see this euro surplus store reject garbage from a time when France was irrelevant.

>bawwww why are people being mean to be on le 4chanz????

Thin skinned surplusshit retard cunt. Fuck off back to rec|c|it and take your transplants back with you.

The following garments are mysteries to me but I have a hunch they are French. The cotton fabric is thin and stiff by today's standards. No liners on anything. Half of them are probably civilian but that does not mean the French Army didn't issue them. Any info will be appreciated.

Attached: mystery 1.jpg (715x1016, 172K)

OP don't listen to this mouth breathing retard, this thread is a welcome change from wading through all of the shit in this chan.

The legion has always done its own thing. Secondly, they were still stationed in algeria at the time, so different gear (Armée d'Afrique)

Post your guns

It is an interesting though. I'll have to dig it out and check. If the thread lives until tomorrow I will post fresh pics.

How well did the Adrian stand up to other helmets of its time?

This thread is the shit in this chan.

No guns, no social skills: I thought the retard programs didn't have summers off?

Only applicable to you, surplusnigger. I'm not the one destroying this board.

French expedition in Norway to help the country defend against Germany. Pretty neat operation, lors of anecdote.

For example the B1 tanks were suspected of being sabotaged by communist workers (communists saw Germany as their allied at the time - german soviet pact and all), so it was decided they were to drive on their own to docks before shipping, the one breaking down being left on the side of the road.

Why are you even in this thread?

Good enough and dirt cheap to manufacture

You claimed he should post his guns, implying he has none, implying you have some
He is posting Jow Forums related content, you are not.
Post your guns.

what a sexy beast

Attached: mat_49.jpg (650x291, 16K)

So fucking original user, gg.

Did they produce their clothes in Africa too? I thought the sky blue uniforms were only so common because they used to buy brown colors from Germany.

>B1 tanks were suspected of being sabotaged by communist workers

fucking commies backstabbed our army during indochina and algeria wars
commies are a plague

Post guns

You got ahead of me but you are right. The Brits - who had arrived on the Norwegian coast planning to invade Norway but the Germans arrived a few hours earlier - got the help of the French and the Poles to throw a few punches at the Germans. Poles were really happy since the Germans were already occupying their country. The French were a bit more mixed about it, especially since the French Foreign Legion were about 40% Germans until 1940, but they fought well considering. Beside the FFL there were also Chasseur d'Alpine units and some light tanks.The fight went on and the Germans were in trouble for a while, but then France was attacked and the whole campaign fell apart.

Anyone here know what I would need to put togeather a French Foreign legion kit from the 1880-90's?

Reminder that surplusshits are more or less closet Clinton supporters. They have quite a lot to lose: the ability to import and to help strangle our economy with impunity, and their seditious contacts with foreigners in foreign shitholes that hate us, who are obviously conspiring to take us down. They act like CTR too, shilling for the Soros-backed capital drain operation that is Nugget Enterprises.

Another mystery.

Attached: mystery 2.jpg (809x1048, 205K)

>"goddamnit jean-philippe, cant you just design a normal gun?"
>*exhales smoke*
>"non"

Attached: pm9folding.jpg (817x349, 41K)

Imagine being so sensitive that your autism compels you to respond to every post. Makes sense: why else would you be obsessed with hoarding literally used, damaged garbage.

Post your guns user, it shouldn't be so hard. Should it?

This is the top of a set. It is exceedingly roomy for its length so I assume it is a wind shell or something.

Attached: mystery 3 top.jpg (893x1060, 240K)

>if I keep saying it maybe he will go away

You are inferior.

Its not even good shitposting is the problem. A good shit post was the white flag.

Your deflection only makes you look more desperate.
Post your guns.

Lower part.

I have been wondering if this could be the corps francs patrol set but all I have to go on is a not very good Osprey drawing. The color and fabric seems to fit.

Attached: mystery 3 bottom.jpg (1027x1095, 322K)

These are presumably riding pants - or officer pants? The only hint that they could be French is the button maker's name and that is thin.

Attached: mystery pants 1.jpg (922x1107, 268K)

>autism
Ironic.

The upper bandages are the relevant ones - they are the type and size of First Aid Dressing carried by French soldiers. Dated 1938 and 1939.

Attached: various medical.jpg (683x621, 146K)

What is the syringe?

I had a Chassepot for a while. Would like a Berthier like great-grandp but I'm a poorfag so it will wait

Attached: eul'Chassepot.jpg (3864x2192, 1.53M)

It says something in German, my guess is adrenaline injector.

There are some things I would love to see a good color closeup photo of. Like the tie used with the new shirt they introduced in... 38? Or the Pouchart gear, especially the backpack. And, oh, the windjack - or the anorak that was white on one side and khaki on the other. Even the German wendetarnjacke is easier to find good pictures of.

German injector is correct. In this case, a training syringe with a felt tip.

Are adrenaline injectors even standard issue?
I remember having a Balkan war-era croatian anti chemical warfare kit that had an adrenaline injector.

>implying that gun wasn't absolutely the bees' knees and they should have forced soldiers to continue using it

Please do not steal my Youtube comments, ya poopface.

I have a backpack made by the Lafuma company. (No picture until I locate the charger unit for my ancient camera.) They are French and only a little seems to be known from their early period. Quoting Wikipedia:

"The three Lafuma brothers - Victor, Alfred and Gabriel - founded Lafuma in 1930 producing backpacks. In 1936, the company invented the metal-frame braced backpack, which expanded the group considerably. Having produced products for both the French Army pre-World War II, and during the occupation of France by Nazi Germany for the Wehrmacht, the company resumed production post-war. In 1954 Lafuma expanded into camping furniture. ..."

My sample is of the metal frame type. One barely legible stamp is inside a circle and says Lafuma on the upper side, then 1-40 in the middle and something illegible on the lower side. On the upper leather of the pack there's the imprint 'fabrication Lafuma' and what really interests me, "AR2" inside a square. That last bit means that it was used by the Artillery Regiment 2 of the Norwegian Army. IIRC I bought this item in Norway. It is entirely possible this pack came to Norway with the 1940 expedition.

Any further information anyone can bring to light on the Lafuma company will be very welcome. The style of this backpack became standard issue in Norway from 1951 and was still in use with some minor modernisations 60 years later.

Ah well. It is quite late here. How about a nice finale?

youtube.com/watch?v=2eJgKHqwLaI

I really love the new white capes

Attached: lesurrenderuniforme.jpg (400x248, 30K)

Attached: A9371EFA-977F-455D-8116-6847C14E8144.jpg (750x429, 319K)

>no one checked his digits
>butthurt over an old joke
Sad!

Wow, thread is still alive?

My only French-used gun: an FN Browning M1910/22.

Attached: fn browning m1922.jpg (600x414, 35K)

Sort of a mystery item. My current guess is that it might belong with the mail service. Has to be French though, right?

Attached: french kepi maybe mail service.jpg (715x701, 115K)

I'm sharing a link here. Not because I can or will recommend it, but because they offer a comprehensible range of replicas of ww2 French gear. Hardly any descriptions of each item BUT they offer great phots and actual model numbers. That's more information on this topic than I have found anywhere else online so far.

hikishop.com/wwii-france-c-195.html

Damnit. Fuck 'comprehensible'. The search goes on.

I found this youtube clip. French reenactor going through a whole bunch of the infantry kit of France in 1940. It covers maybe 5-10% of all the gear used in that time and place, but it is a good start.

youtube.com/watch?v=qmhkW-rDFMA

This one is a followup to the previous one, with some common scenes, but covers the Mle 1935 gear in detail and also the MAS36 equipment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_hcz0-1p0&vl=en

Found some fresh info on this bucket and a few other items at richardsreproductions.com/france.html
Apparently it is a French Army Model 1881. And now you know.

Post guns