>works as both a durr rifle and a war time rifle
>has been on this earth since 1891
>was good enough for the rice farmers to use against the US military
>will likely stick around for another 100 years

Heh, nothing personnel kid

Attached: nugget.jpg (1234x524, 63K)

2008 called, get this garbage rod out of here

>costs the same amount as a Savage axis in 308
Lol go find a Mosin with an optic and a barrel that doesn't look like it saw shrapnel for $150 or less

Attached: 981498984794.jpg (1804x1010, 341K)

>Heh nothing personal kid
>Bolt sticks

Except the savage is far more accurate and overall superior. And the vietnamese mainly used ak's and sks, not mosins.

Definitely; the Mosin is the better collector's piece and conversation piece though. You can explain the date/markings on a Mosin in a way that you never really could with a Savage Axis.

But if I had to use one for another Civil War, I'd definitely pick the Savage Axis with an SWFA or Primary Arms scope over a PU Mosin.

Pussy
Also, this is Jow Forums, so you mean *personnel

>But if I had to use one for another Civil War, I'd definitely pick the Savage Axis with an SWFA or Primary Arms scope over a PU Mosin.
I bought my mosin over a savage axis because I wanted a bolt action that would have iron sights on it. The Savage Axis becomes fucking useless if the scope breaks whereas Simo Hayha used irons the whole war and got an insane K/D ratio. I could understand wanting to use the more common 308 Winchester round over the Russian 7.62x54r but the 54r is slightly more powerful and the surplus has ensured you'll be able to find more ammo for it. There will be shitloads more ammo for it once the russians mosey their way into the US with some supplies for the fighters. That's assuming you haven't stockpiled hundreds to thousands of rounds already

>once the russians mosey their way into the US with some supplies for the fighters

If the Russians really were giving supplies for the fighters, they'd give guns on top of ammo. At that point I'd much rather just have a PKM, SVD, AKM, AKMS, or AKS-74 rather than a Mosin. Why would you take a Mosin with iron sights over an AK with iron sights, or hell, even an SKS with iron sights - as a combat weapon?

>whereas Simo Hayha used irons the whole war and got an insane K/D ratio.

Simo Hayha was also fighting in the winter the whole time, and scopes in WW2 were a lot more fragile and prone to fogging up than now. Optics technology has improved a LOT since the 1930s and 1940s; ACOGs and other scopes like them can take beatings that would have completely destroyed any older optic.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mosins and own a few myself. But there's a reason why they are surplus rifles - why they were replaced.

the vietcong definitely used mosins too, what do you think their snipers carried?

Attached: 1508887134367.jpg (2000x1274, 659K)

>At that point I'd much rather just have a PKM, SVD, AKM, AKMS, or AKS-74 rather than a Mosin. Why would you take a Mosin with iron sights over an AK with iron sights, or hell, even an SKS with iron sights - as a combat weapon?
Because I want something long range with some punch. I already have an AR15 for anything not long range
>ACOGs and other scopes like them can take beatings that would have completely destroyed any older optic.
I don't have the money to buy an ACOG. I'm a poorfag that's stretching what money I have for when SHTF.

Overpriced

all it had going for it was the cheapness

So
Here's what you do user
Save your fucking money, until you have 3g or so
Spend that on quality rifle, quality optic, sling, mags and a chest rig, and a load of ammo
Become proficient with that rifle and ammunition

Or hell, spend it on investments in your life to be less of a poorfag

>Save your fucking money, until you have 3g or so
That would take forever with my wage cuck job
>Or hell, spend it on investments in your life to be less of a poorfag
I live in burgerland. We're not going to be in one piece by the end of 2020

As a Mosin owner, I must say the rifle was a great option for a cheap gun 10 years ago. I bought mine in 2010 for 75 bucks. That said, prices have ballooned and ammo is getting scarce...

However, I can say in my humble opinion that despite most variants being adequate at best, the Finnish M39 version is a fantastic rifle.

then get a better paying job retard

I you remove the cosmoline the bolt doesn’t stick.

>all it had going for it was the cheapness

Is this really what Jow Forums has become? Do we so easily forget the black magic within wartime Mosins? Have we forgotten the power within a weapon that grows when it extinguishes life? How can you so easily dismiss that which has consumed the souls of conscripts, alone and unloved far from home? That power alone makes the milsurp superior. Do you forsake the Jow Forumsube?

the rim might lock but I've got two mosins, and even my buddy's mismatched chink mosin works perfectly.. but I did help him strip and clean it. Laughed over too many beers watching him figure out how to reassemble the bolt, reminded me of being a teenager

I don't believe in magic, rabbi. I believe in science, results, and logic. All of which clearly indicate that the mosin is inferior to modern bolt actions that are not only superior but cheaper as well. If I wanted a gun with an actual body count I'd go to an evidence locker.

>3Gs taking "forever"

Attached: 1563297554063.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

>Why would you take a Mosin with iron sights over an AK with iron sights, or hell, even an SKS with iron sights - as a combat weapon?
Some people prefer to keep more than 300 yards line of sight between themselves and the people trying to kill them, before attempting to dispatch targets. In a city, 7.62x39 in a short barrel is almost ideal, in the mountains you're picking your shots.

>shit trigger
>shit inherent accuracy
>no simple way of mounting optics
>heavier than the savage

>that would take forever on my wage cuck job
How is he the cuck in that situation burger flipper?