Ima try something stupid

So I whacked a .22LR round with a hammer and blew myself up. I just had ringing in my ears for a few hours and a bit of shrapnel in my hand and lost a bit of blood, but nothing too bad. Now I want to do this with a bunch of other bullets to see the effects. I'm about to do a 7mm Remington Magnum and I'll report the results in a few minutes. But here's my question

>what will happen if I whack a .50 BMG with a hammer?

Thanks Jow Forums. And btw I get kicks out of doing incredibly stupid stuff like this. It's the only entertainment a neet like me has.

Attached: 50-BMG-Tracer-P1.jpg (600x600, 26K)

So I whacked a .22LR round with a hammer
For why?

My mom's friends kid but a 45 or 9mm in a vice then hit it with a hammer. Now his left eye doesn't really work.

Livestream it

I wondered what would happen and if the bullet would actually fire or if it would just blow up. It just blew up.

Would you say it's a critical eyeball?

Attached: WHYDYOUDOIT.png (1538x988, 488K)

Sorry, already did it. I put on gloves and a jacket, plus shooting glasses and a thick balaclava. Darn my ears are ringing bad. No visible damage except for where it slightly penetrated the glove but DANG it hurts!

This is why mentally ill people shouldn't own firearms.
I really hope you're a child because if you did this as an adult it shows massive ignorance to how ammo works and physics in general

Attached: Kq4WIJ5.jpg (2500x2500, 866K)

>easiest board to troll.
.22lr has less powder than most firecrackers. It going off outside a barrel makes a tiny pop and barely shoots the brass off. 9mm will have a ruptured case and send some shrapnel out. Anything larger and you'll find yourself in the 2019 Darwin awards.

So much this. About to comment on this myself. .22lr being hit with a hammer will be a bit loud, but "shrapnel and ringing for hours" yeah bullshit. What alot of regards don't know is that without a barrel even a .50bmg won't kill you if you hit it with a hammer.

Dude, fragments literally got in my hand and my ears were ringing for about two hours. It didn't help that I was kneeling down with my face close when i whacked it

Can confirm
Back before the Californians invaded, kids in my neighborhood would take .22s and toss them onto the asphalt to make them detonate. Takes some practice to get the angle right, but if done correctly it sounded just like firecrackers going off

>poidh

Tape a marble to it. Used to do that with shot shells. Take the shot out and tape a one inch marble to the primer. Toss it into the air and it'll make a big pop when it lands.

>/no spoilers on k/leave the shot in or fill them with glass. Throw a fistful of them over a mob. Watch as their ankles are all lacerated./no spoilers on k/

are you a dumbass
anyway, .22 LR is easy to pop that way because the impact sensitive primer is around the outside at the base and is designed to be crushed to be activated
centerfire carts are harder, because the impact sensitive primer is located in the center of the base, and is designed to be hit with a needle to be crushed and fire
anyway you should wear hearing protection, good job on the eye protection
I recommend a welder's mask for throat protection too

You're the dumbass here falling for the obvious b8, even if you told him that the .22lr wont do shiiiiet even if his face was an inch from the .22, he'll say next that it was actually in his mouth when it detonated and you'll keep believing him.

That marble trick sounds perfect for disposing of some shitty unreliable ammo and pissing off the neighbors at the same time. Thanks!

eh? I just called him a dumbass, I didn't doubt the veracity of his claims, and then I gave him some sensible advice on how to avoid further harm while continuing to be a dumbass, which is the greatest expression of what it means to be a human

Me and my brother smashed a bunch of 22s like that as kids, somehow we were smart enough to pry them apart with pliers before smashing them though, didn't do much, but they were loud as fuck, louder than a 22 rifle by a good bit.

Friend of a friend had a scar across his eyebrow, fucking up the hair and making it very obvious. One day over drinks I asked him about it and he sheepishly told me he and his sibling (as children, around 10 years old) were thwacking .22 rounds with a hammer and that was one of the results.

If not bait, congrats OP you have the cognitive ability of a child. Hopefully your "kicks" result in your own death before you do something that injures someone else. Pic not related

Attached: PATRICK.png (487x861, 907K)

based

To be fair, with some extremely bad luck the dude could've gotten fucked by a bit of shrapnel from the popping .22. Not very likely though. The ears ringing for hours bit is obvious bullshit though, unless OP did his little experiment in a fucking broom closet

>what will happen if I whack a .50 BMG with a hammer?
>pic related

Attached: 1494112538854.jpg (1024x1325, 229K)

Not in a closet, in a small garage. Significantly bigger haha. But seriously man, my ears were ringing for about two hours after this.

Children don't race mix, therefore that makes them based, which makes me based

Based and gorepilled. I'll be sure to wear gloves and bring a mop!