/gq/ - gear queer

10000 IQ Setups Edition

>General guide
pastebin.com/9WAeRYA8

Previous:

Attached: megamind.jpg (731x892, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/limited-time-offer-gunfighter-belt-kit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: brapbot.png (248x350, 203K)

Are there any good passive retention 5.45 mag pouches? It seems there's only flapped and taco style pouches.

best place to get ecwcs, pcu stuff in Europe?

Which one of these knives would be better for my poorfag set up? The Hori Hori really gets me going, but it's so T H I C C.

Attached: 20190719_134437.jpg (4032x2268, 3.35M)

What level of plates do you guys run/recommend? I'm looking at Hesco plates for my civilian SHTF kit and I want input. Most of the people I've talked to so far seem to recommend level III+ like the Hesco 3810. Thoughts?

To be honest, either of them is fine. But i like the rear serrations on the barebones. If you do any sort of yachting or have to deal with ropes at all I would highly recommend that one. A wet ripe is a bitch to cut without serration, and the best is a shallow swept serration.
Your feet show evidence of barefoot living, do u?

I use a level 4 ceramic in he front and a level 3 ceramic in the rear. In my maritime set up i have 2 HMWPE level 3 plates (because a level 4 plate would be 5 inches thick and im not sure they even exist) plates in a carrier, but that carrier is slightly buoyant.

Thats with full mags and everythin else in itm that it's buoyant.

You've been gnomed!

>poorfag
>bought an overpriced nylon mini rig

Good places to buy M81 combat shirt/pants?

Does Revision make decent helmets?

I mean they made the ACH I have so you'd have surplus level quality for what it's worth.

what's a decent price for an ACH in good shape? Egay has them all around 160, is that average?

I shove a gun up my ass and shoot through my mouth for more accuracy

I bought mine from egay for like 110$ shipped. The shipping was the worst part.

Attached: helmet.jpg (1280x1076, 190K)

I have an opportunity to get a used GCS DF-LCS V2 MULTI-MISSION BACKPACK in ABU for ~$20. Good backpack, or junk?

idk, mines issued. I just bought the Viper A3 for personal use since uncle sugar gets pissed if you ding up his stuff. I'll post a pic of the labels and NSN so you can confirm what you are buying is legit and not some knockoff in the morning.

Mind you mine is a size large so the NSN will change depending on size. I didn't find any NSN's on their website (unlike some other stuff like Bose and David Clark aviation headsets) so I'd have to check fedlog which won't happen till tuesday.

Any great reasons I shouldn't buy a full Spiritus Micro-fight chest rig + LV119 plate carrier setup?

>buying overpriced hipster gear
real wars be a wolf amiriitee

btw don't forget our limited meme camo drop guyss and check my new aor vans

Really great contribution A+ for usefulness of reply and overall expertise.

Attached: 1554743509371.jpg (252x400, 20K)

thanks, now buy velocity system or something

You can find tons of "used" ones off their fanpage since all the clout chasers realized buying one doesn't make them cool and sell them off after a month with no use.

The carrier itself is whatever, a JPC1.0 is a better buy honestly.

Someone posted these in one of the old threads with no name attached to them.

What are these jeans? Who makes them?

Attached: 1563473317998.jpg (580x580, 142K)

I did, why do you want these awful jeans.

they're nigger jeans, go to your local shopping mall and find whatever store has the most niggers in it

Oh shit, oops. Sorry, I had no idea they were nigger jeans. Never seen them before

4orurpoor
Yes
I’m not a fan but you do you
This is correct: Velsys is the correct answer

Attached: B592FC17-C27E-4DB8-8C41-2C0F04E915A4.jpg (1000x640, 510K)

I mean if you're really curious yeah they're nigger jeans from H&M.

Attached: Capturesssss.png (1213x896, 2.28M)

So if I go into H&M and ask to see their Nigger Jeans, they'll know what I mean?

Attached: kit.jpg (4123x3006, 1.77M)

yes. start your car.

>brand new MOLLE II pack up for ~$40
Tempted.

only in /gq/...
they don't even post this shit ironic sexcore /fa/ threads lol

Which pack? The Assault Pack? Medium Ruck? Ruck?

Attached: fgfgfg.jpg (2073x3900, 3.3M)

Ruck.

What pattern? If OCP and an ACTUAL molle II Ruck and not one of the many many Chinese copies then that’s a deal

Unfaded UCP.

Probably not going to jump for it due to my needs being for something more conservative and less tactifool. Even a surplus flecktarn pack would probably be a better use of the $40 for me. Looks like it's fully intact and mint, though. Granted, I'm a novice at grading these things.

Attached: 81311732514310AklS.jpg (630x800, 104K)

This man knows whats up, tape is a must

It’s not a bad rucksack. You could get it and dye it if you really wanted but it really is an OK system when you have it all adjusted right. It will always creak though.

>It’s not a bad rucksack

Attached: doubt.png (492x280, 85K)

Between the ALICE, the Molle II, the MALICE/GGG5200, and the MR Mountain it’s not the best but it certainly gets the job done. Hell, I prefer it to my CFP90 if only for the back pads.
For $40, I’d take another one. You can make it a comfy ride with some adjusting and a little tape.

Attached: 628D7944-2BF8-4C1E-936E-846470934833.jpg (1969x2048, 785K)

>with a car, you can go anywhere you want

>It will always creak though
That is the least of it. Never use the quick ditch feature.

As long as you remember to undo the hip belt, the ditch works fine.

>As long as you remember to undo the part that is supposed to disengage automatically

That’s not a part of that, and you know it.

Anyone have any experience with Badlands packs? Do they honor that warranty they attest to?

me likey, what do you keep in the utility pouch?

this fag has his ear pro upside down and not “locked” in.

doesn’t anyone check these assholes out before their publicity shots?

Anyone have any pics of Ops core on UKSF forces? (I've already seen them on CTSFO, who hasn't)

>carry what my mother bought at Crest Hardware to garden with.

ok

thread is slow so im gonna ask you something, what brands do you prefer when it comes to clothing? i really like outdoor research and patagonia, mostly civilian stuff but great for range use too. would like to get my hands on some fjällräven pants tho
>inb4 ufpro pants discussion

Attached: 69.jpg (2900x1275, 142K)

also brands you dislike, for me its arcteryx, they have some great stuff but a lot of overpriced stuff imo

i'd love to get opinions on helikon

Prana: their broadfield pants are primo as are most of their climbing-centric pants
Patagonia: the only hippie brand that actually makes some baller cammies
Kuhl: most of their button-up shirts and their Revolvr jeans are nice enough. A lot of it is nothing to write home about or has some super annoying metal clamp-tag somewhere noticeable.
I’m not a fan of most “lifestyle tactical” brands. VertX, 5.11, some dead bird and even OR just kinda rubs me the wrong way. If you’re going to be a police supply brand, do that well, instead of catering to the “totally not a cop” look and the subhumans interested in wearing it.
It rides the line. Like, one guy who posts here loves t and will tout the fact that some meh-tier military outfit uses bits and pieces of it. Same with UFPro and the one slavajewikian shill

Attached: 82EF48F6-562F-4ADA-B125-FDD79D14D16E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.44M)

>and you know it
I was being unironic. Pepperidge Farms remembers the back injuries. Do you not remember the rollout of the MOLLE II pack and the original waist belt with the interface latch?

Meh

Attached: 20190719_184258.jpg (4032x3024, 2.29M)

What belt is that?

Oh, you’re talking about the female connector the used to be out from the frame. I don’t think that’s what user above is trying to buy.

Attached: 1514667808136.jpg (1314x978, 133K)

>Oh, you’re talking about
Yes.
>I don’t think
Maybe not - but it's the first thing that comes to my mind whenever that pack family is mentioned because of reasons.

My condolences

Obligatory.

Attached: 98sdf4g98sa4g96d8fg49d84.jpg (1696x1294, 1.07M)

What do the barcode and QR come out as?

just ordered some outdoor research, mountain hardware and prana zion pants will report back

safariland als, t rex, or any other holster? Has to be tlr-1 light bearing capable.

anyone know where I could find a cheaper alternative to this SPIE harness?
>just buy the real thing
I'm only planning on using it for cosplay

Attached: 1533850851870_0.jpg (270x459, 20K)

Never posted here before.
Any suggestions for gear setup/aftermarket stuff to look into as a SAW gunner?

Emissary gun belt meme or worth it?

In all honesty 5.11 produces shit that lasts, even if they are idiots who make "totally not a cop" products.

Their rush24 is my "go bag" for MX shit, as in where I carry all my extra parts and equipment that is illegal for aviation and have used for 5 deployments since 2012.

Not going to say they provide all the little shit that "operators" want, but for LEO/CIV use that shit is more than durable enough.

brazzers of course

Dude’s asking about pants; I’m still not super high on 5.11 products in general but even I still lug around a TacTec chest rig for all of my FTX or schools packing lists. I actually really like the elastic retention inside of a standard floppy pouch idea, but I’m fairly certain that’s a Vickers addition.

Attached: 0BFD7915-A33D-4B65-9C1C-2FBE1DADD2D4.jpg (715x640, 400K)

lasts better than the OCP2's we are issued. I have their taclites for deployments and they are more durable than our issue stuff in MXS.

It's bad when 87257 makes OCP2 uniforms fall apart (its non-corrosive even by commercial standards) yet those pants last longer even if they do stain.

seriously for us chairforce fucks, in durability it is taclites>ABU>OCP2. I'm not sure if that is a compliment of 5.11 or a shitstain on DoD contracts.

Tyr gunfighter (TYR-GFB110)

tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/limited-time-offer-gunfighter-belt-kit/

on the front of the chest rig? during that trip it had my phone and keys in it. I'm going to be putting a tritium lensatic compass, garmin gps,and my rite in the rain shit in there for next time.

the dangler is a ifak

Shitstain on DOD. How do you all not have the Massiff?
Dude, just go SF LMAO

Dump ifak

>trips
I’ll show you mine if you show me yours ;^)

Attached: 52115570-B0A9-4192-884F-69285133E935.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

Thank you!

This is all I need. JK I see you post that constantly and I'm trying to build one up. What are some bare minimums that you'd recommend? Chances are I'll never use.

Attached: IMG_20190720_234252231~2.jpg (2469x3456, 1.73M)

Someone’s got a cut of my IFAK rant/lecture but suffice it to say: seek training. Go through your company/job/wagiecagie to get BLS, Stop the Bleed or other AHA/Red Cross Classes.

Attached: F4138A42-3488-4F4B-9830-EAB39E8B9D24.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

You can make a very convincing mock-up out of a modified parachute harness.

A New York contractor got caught importing chinkshit for a DoD contract. It was a HUGE pile of OCP stuff. I would not be surprised if your uniforms were chinkshit marked as Berry Compliant.

my gear so far, WIP

Attached: IMG_8605.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

I, too, have purchased from the Jow Forumsommando store.
The only thing I’ve got left, I think, are the Rhodie shorts. I sold the combat top off to the guy in San Diego who originally designed the pattern tile for the run back in 2013-15.

i want to buy slavshit carriers
is this is a good or bad idea

Getting Esstac's chest rig and belt for classes I'm taking. Am I doing a good?

Attached: 26fc5f_2f2fc6332f2646ba8a56e569d8a22ca3.jpg (3669x3456, 2.21M)

And posting the belt, for visual purposes.

Attached: 26fc5f_d88a143286024b40a51c9936a2ae44ae_mv2.png (1024x749, 1.75M)

no not really

KYWI is good to go, just be sure to get a plate carrier and plates if you're actually training for something that involves you getting shot at.

get an optic for that rifle
the speed and accuracy you get is a lot
I was over 1 second faster than the guy next to me at a class in every drill because he was running irons and I was running an Eotech
I am by no means amazing with a rifle but he had such a handicap running magpul buis

alright I got a radio now what

I'm planning on it. I've been spending a lot lately so I want to give my wallet a break. I also want to get a good bit of experience shooting with irons, too. I think I'm going to get the Vortex AMG UH-1 for my optic.

get some friends with radios