The M4 is rubbish, bullpups are king, and the AR platform is a shitty meme...

The M4 is rubbish, bullpups are king, and the AR platform is a shitty meme. Bow to your new Austrian overlords before you are sent to the rape dungeon.

cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-1
cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-ef88-and-m4-and-more-part-2
cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-3
cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-4
cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-5

Attached: EF88.jpg (3600x2400, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v401YR0YmXg
cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-1
cove.army.gov.au/sites/default/files/sarp_vol_1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not reading a 5 part shill report

youtu.be/v401YR0YmXg

Bullpups are king ey, try telling that to the Bongs with our shitty bullpup military rifle

>Austrian
>shills an Australian rifle and Australian websites

y tho

To be fair, bullpups aren't inherently bad, and using the worst one as an example is like saying
>all pistols are terrible, just look at the type 94!

It's Australian you retard

I think you meant 1911

An Australian copy of an Austrian rifle.

Attached: 1495400996840.jpg (576x768, 98K)

>The M4 is rubbish, bullpups are king, and the AR platform is a shitty meme
Why the fuck does everything have to be a binary choice with you retards?

The article doesn't even make that claim. It just says that the M4 isn't significantly better than the AUG apart from niche cases that pretty much only matter to special forces.

>south bongland loicenses

Yeah

Short OAL with long(er) barrel and aesthetics aside, name things a bullpup can do better than a regular design rifle.

Cqb

>opens with HK piston AR marketing that spreads the shits where it eats myth

A2+ is fine

In what way?

>bullpups are the future
Hey, I have seen this one before

What is Jow Forums's honest opinion on the AUG?

This

The 1970's want their small arms arguments back. kek

I'm astounded people still spread that bullshit myth around. It's been like, what, more than 10 years?

Are you on glue?

The m4 is alright and, most importantly, inexpensive.

So like said, short OAL?
Bullpup is literally a one trick pony.

Basically every country that adopted a bullpup has gone to a stoner deriviant

You failed at reading comprehension.

>BeSiDeS eVeRyThInG tHaT a BuLlPuP wAs DeSiGnEd To FiX, wHaT mAkEs ThEm GoOd.

You are retarded. Bullpups are better for one handed operations because god forbid your fat ass falls and breaks your hand and you need to use the weapon still. Better for CQB, mounted infantry, better for target transition (easier/quicker/smoother to transition between targets). Better balance, more AESTHETIC, and they are just as effective as a conventional rifle in every other category.

The only downside to a bullpup that I can think of is those who dont train with one would have to train how to do mag changes (Wow much scary) and that typically (not always) the bullpups have a shorter sight radius. Which in reality everyone runs some kind of optic now of days so thats nit picking.

Every way
Everyday
Takin care of business

>cove.army.gov.au/article/the-merits-m4-and-ef88-and-more-part-1
Your SAS uses M4s lmao.

Tell us what a standard rifles does better than a bull pup

name a better gun, I dare you

Attached: DT_MDR_5.56_fde.octet-stream.jpg (350x128, 9K)

Lol, pretty fucking obvious the M4 is a proven rifle. That's pretty obvious given its track record.

Try harder you fucking faggot.

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

What is the current rifle issued to Australian Special Forces units?

Oh. the M4

OK.

Bullpups are for conscript and meme armies this debate has been settled so many times already.

AR-15

why are bullpups for conscript armies
most of the issues surrounding bullpups are worse when you have less training

I saw some faggoty looking middle eastern kids wearing tapered flekcam sweatpants shooting one of those once.

Attached: IMG_20190719_113741.jpg (2592x1944, 1.52M)

ITT. Lies, since that rifle has never been exported.

It seems harder and harder to ignore the obvious advantage bullpups present. I don't own one (or any guns, I will once I'm 18 though), but bullpups just seem better than something like an AR-15 in every way that matters.

AUG

because bullpups are for troops that don't matter.

>but bullpups just seem better than something like an AR-15 in every way that matters.

So that's why every SF unit with the option ditches bull-pups for M4s - because an underage knows better!

Even our Australian SASR use M4s

Attached: Australian_SASR-Take-Aim-1024x769.jpg (1024x769, 196K)

larpers who wear multicam and use m4s
not surprised

Bullpups make a lot of sense for a military, but very little for a civilian

AUG, FAMAS (with the caveat of decent ammo and mags)

its basically the best bullpup. still has a number of weaknesses that make it shit compared to an AR though: bad trigger, ergos that suck like fixed length of pull, limited rail space, and no real aftermarket.

*gets replaced in the NZ military by an LMT M4*

You can add butt cushions to make it a longer LOP. The rest are spot on though.

And still not a single FagR-15 shill that can tell anyone one thing that a standard rifle can do better than a bullpup, makes you think.

Let me put it to you like this. Competition shooters pretty much make money of being good and fast shots, right? To them, they'd spare no expense to get the best rifle on the market, yet none of them use bullpups. If they were clearly superior then why are the people who make a living off being good shooters not using them? Simple, faster mag swaps. It doesn't matter the accuracy or size. If one option is cheaper and works quicker than it's better for service because you want to minimize reload time so less soldiers die with their pants down mid mag swap

>gets replaced in the NZ military by an LMT M4*
Nearly every nato country that used bullpups dropped them but UK and Austria.

But you can't post on 4channel if you aren't 18.

I know what I said, punk bitch.

>M203 with a foregrip
hot damn that's sexy

Attached: IMG_1224.jpg (1080x1080, 364K)

Awesome, nkt a single argument besides "Fudds use what they train on because they have always shot ARs and since they are competing they dont want to change up their habits and use what they are use to."

I guarentee that a RDB would be just as fast as a reload as a ar15 or comparable rifle. Besides you are talking at most an extra 2 seconds per reload. Thats not going to get you killed in combat when you have buddies next to you laying down fire while you reload.

Wanna try again as to what advantages a standard rifle has? Because so far I haven't heard a single one.

Speed kills

ar's and ak's are better than gen 3 garbage plastic rifles that melt and loose zero

Attached: a - Copy.png (2408x1488, 798K)

>the cove

Fuck I hate the ADF, the officers ruined it.

Notice how this brave soldiers M4 is outfitted with an L3 Technology holographic weapon sight. When it counts, L3 will be there. Remember, L3 loves you.

Ergonomics
Mag changes
Most of all, good triggers.
Go fuck yourself

without even reading the series, I already know what his cretinous contention is: that the preference for M4s expressed by australian soldiers and just about every other nation that crosstrains with the US military, is purely about the "cool" factor and association with special forces and not based on real merits.

This eye rolling canard might carry a little more weight if Solomon Birch was an infantryman with combat experience, and not a transport officer.

That’s always their stupid reasoning.

Obviously forgetting to mention that the M4 is the perfect balance of reliability, light weight, accuracy, and cost when compared to all other 5.56 rifles. And until someone decides to switch to a different caliber, it’s here to stay.

I do with the military would adopt the 300 blk to replace the mk18. You get the same effective range, but with a bigger punch that suppresses way better. And all you’ve gotta do is change the barrels.

>Austrian overlords

Attached: 1560660289458.jpg (3600x2546, 3.07M)

Australia had some experience with the M16 in Vietnam. So when they phased out the SLR for a 5.56 in the late 1970s, their first choice was to adopt the M16. But, Colt refused to sell them a manufacturing license. Colt only wanted Australia to buy the rifles directly, not build them. But Australia wanted to build their own rifles. The AUG was only their second choice. But, Steyr was a lot easier to deal with.

Attached: d7jxl1f-9b059b53-597c-4aa3-a787-681340197262.jpg (912x615, 177K)

way i heard it Australian troops kept stealing m16s so defence just said fuck it and adopted them

> their first choice was to adopt the M16. But, Colt refused to sell them a manufacturing license. Colt only wanted Australia to buy the rifles directly, not build them. But Australia wanted to build their own rifles. The AUG was only their second choice.

Factually incorrect. Read the articles.
Every argument in this thread is addressed by the damn articles.

Bullshit.
Was at Singleton when the AUG/M16A2 trial was on.
A2 beat Aug at every test. Some like 'can fit grenade launcher' it couldnt even compete (we had to wait 10yrs for DMO to build the GLA adapter while they fucked around trying to go back to fitting a tailboom on the F1grenade and reissuing grenade blanks instead).
>Singapore raped Colt by buying their old A1 tooling cheap and then selling cheap A1s all over SEA so Colt wasnt going to let Lithgow do the same with A2.
>so we got the F88 that didnt even work well enough to be issued until 1990.
Everything since then has been DMO justifying its original fucked choice.
>Same as why the Thales F90 new variant got renamed "EnhancedF88" instead
>because if it was numbered as a 'new' rifle there would have to be another competitive Trial and it would have lost again
>and now Colt isnt as controlling as in the 80s so we would have M4copies like the Kiwis

cove.army.gov.au/sites/default/files/sarp_vol_1.pdf

Read the articles.

Attached: Untitled.png (1030x823, 99K)

I'm going to assume that you were at Singleton at the time because of your IETs.

Attached: 2.png (1669x851, 218K)

The M4/Ar15 is the ford mustang of the shooting world.
It starts off as "meh". Then after tons of mods it really shines.

> 5.56
> Not patrician 7.62x39 or 7.62 REAL FUCKING NATO
Nigga whatcha doin

Attached: the correct answers.jpg (1344x1235, 201K)

> t.

Attached: 1563583619767.jpg (1048x1048, 175K)

>Loose
Unfuck yourself stupid nigger.

Wrong. Underslung/ masterkeyed accessories are more ergonomic

Attached: OWWFb6A_d.jpg (640x512, 20K)

>Same as why the Thales F90 new variant got renamed "EnhancedF88" instead
>because if it was numbered as a 'new' rifle there would have to be another competitive Trial and it would have lost again

F90 is the made for export version. EF88 is the domestic version.

Fuck off lid.

based L3

Nah, I'm good. I seen enough barrels and receivers blow up while 0311, last thing I want is my cheek pressed up against the spot that would blow up.

Some of our compeditors boast about battery life. But at the cost of some shitty dot that looks like you smeared jelly on a blurry piece of plastic, is that really worth it?

>was at singleton when augs were being tested

lol gramps how old are you

>Factually incorrect. Read the articles.
> read the articles

how fucking ironic. Because if you had actually read the article, he doesnt disprove this argument, here merely cant verify its veracity.

Champ if I was in Singo in the 80s I'm a bit past Lid.

>F90 is the made for export version. EF88 is the domestic version.
>Fuck off lid.

t. "im joining the army next year" kid

The Cove is just an open sewer where every passedover CAPT and MAJ posts their "I'm so clever, why wont DOCM promote me?" wank-pieces.
The only cunts who actually read their shit are Chink Int looking for vulnerable losers to exploit for intel.

>here merely cant verify its veracity

Can you?

You're at least 60 why is a 60yo on Jow Forums

Attached: d6c849d17e9abe5df78955b94abe1a82.jpg (940x727, 85K)

>our
fuck off back to pakistan, cunt.

Yo imagine for a second thinking any of those guns except the beretta fish were gay. The absolute state of this hell hole of a board I need to stop coming here but I can’t.

>G36
>good
*melts*

>t. MDR
Shouldn't you be shitposting on griffchan or something?

>Why the fuck does everything have to be a binary choice with you retards?
Being unable to understand grey areas is a real symptom of autism.

doesn't the AUS army make a general shift for the M4 soon?

You will die trying to reload that bullpup in a firefight. M4 speed reload master race.

>The M4 is rubbish
Than why do Australian special forces use the M4?

"I can't read."

It's not like one of the articles is entirely devoted to addressing that or anything.

Attached: Australia_army_new_assault_rifle_EF88_first_full_operational_deployment_925_001.jpg (925x559, 41K)

The trigger. Will it be good?

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

With reading the articles, you're both wrong.

He puts down the preference to the fact that the F88SA1 and SA2 were heinously overweight during GWOT while the M4 was light, combined with the fact that the F88 didn't see much development from 1999-2015 while the M4 did. He as much as says the M4 was a better rifle than the F88 to SA2, but that the EF88 is better.

It's fantastic for a miltiary rifle. Like 1kg pull, though a little long and loose.