Would you ever buy a shockwave?

Would you ever buy a shockwave?

Attached: E4B69F42-3EA8-482D-9BF7-92E67AFB88E5.jpg (2160x944, 662K)

Other urls found in this thread:

davide-pedersoli.com/tipologia-prodotti.asp/l_en/idt_29/pistols-howdah-hunter.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NY40MWyVEKw
youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would but CA.

Already own one.
Been thinking about buying some sort of rail system for it. I want to put a light and laser on it, but keep it from having a wide profile.
also been thinking about replacing the pump with a magpul one so I can slap a foregrip on it. fucking thing is impossible to hold and fire without needing to readjust hands after each shot

no, i need a real stock. i ended up putting a stock on my pistol grip pump.

Yeah, and do this to it.

Attached: 2F9645B1-9DBF-48E1-803C-DEC119D200FE.jpg (1024x519, 218K)

whats the legality of braces on shockwaves?

Tried one, I may get one, but I'd rather get a 12GA with a larger capacity first.
I'd definitely put a ""pistol brace"" on it though.

Legal.

but how
is it just because the brace does not count towards OAL?

It's still not a stock

I was under the impression that the whole thing about them being legal was the OAL of it was a certain amount and this can't be changed or else it''s classification changes. as in, stock build, it's not a shotgun but a weapon
but if length was added it suddenly becomes an illegal shot barreled shotgun

I think you've got it backwards. If you take away length from the shockwave, that's an issue and makes it a short barreled shotgun. It's just barely long enough to not qualify with the standard grip. The brace only adds to that but isn't a stock so still doesn't make it a shotgun.

I doubt it.

>that's an issue and makes it a short barreled shotgun.
AOW.
A stock is involved in the SBS definition.

I would for the novelty

Somehow here in NJ we can get them

Yup. Due to circumstances, I ended up having to live with relatives in upstate NY for a year and a half. I wasn't going to bother with getting NY residency or a pistol permit, but my living situation meant I needed something as compact and discreet as possible as my home defender. The Shockwave, which is surprisingly NY-legal, was the obvious choice. I'm in a free state now, but I still like taking it out to the range. 20 gauge won't beat you up too badly, but #3 buck still packs plenty of punch if need be. I'm happy with it.

Attached: myshockwaveband.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

yeah i would i own the 12ga. Excellent meme experience.

I'm planning on buying one purely for playing around. I already have better guns for defense, hunting, and clays.

I went with the Rustington Tac 14. Its a 12ga so it backs some punch, but a great home defense gun IMO

Attached: tac2.jpg (720x1280, 232K)

I just put a shorter barrel on my 11-87 and worked on checking what loads are reliable/unreliable with it.

I'd rather go double barrel for the classy factor than shockwave desu.

Attached: AR_CZcoach-e1540589471561.jpg (848x364, 61K)

Came here to post this.
That is all.

I want one, but I need to find a good replacement forearm/pump grip first. The standard forearm requires you to almost lock your arm at maximum extension to keep the butt a good distance from your face if you're actually aiming down the barrel which really isn't comfortable to do, and I reject the idea that one should just look over the gun instead and sacrifice accuracy when one doesn't have to.

Fuck you, cocksucker.

When is the 930 shockwave coming out? Fuck a pump.

Rude

Attached: thumb-776030.jpg (200x400, 22K)

>brace is accessory and not stock
>ergo OAL is now measured with brace folded/removed if applicable
With the new BATFE decision regarding braces, does that mean that folding shockwaves are now a felony? Their OAL would be under the minimum without the raptor style grip, right?

Mossberg is working on the 930 version.

working man's fostech origin.

Attached: 1560735169224.jpg (500x499, 70K)

Nope. Built myself a Tac214 though. Lots of fun, good for shooting grouse and rabbits, and I can put a stock on it if I want to because Canada.

Attached: 53672323_128016488309298_7381073441169047249_n.jpg (1080x1255, 91K)

No, I want a stock not a grip for practical shotgun. That being said the 20 ga version is a more credible firearm. Were I more wealthy and had room in my safe, I would consider this though.

davide-pedersoli.com/tipologia-prodotti.asp/l_en/idt_29/pistols-howdah-hunter.html

It's got some class and plainly for lulz.

On 2nd thought deserves pics.

Attached: 35S.358-S.359.jpg (1900x756, 100K)

>20 ga version is a more credible firearm
Why do people say this?
>lighter, so you feel the recoil more
>20 is just as expensive as 12
>less ammo selection
>women can shoot 9 pellet 00 buck all day
It's seriously a bad idea. 12 gauge is perfectly comfortable to shoot with cheap weak walmart loads and with 2.75" high brass.

Attached: 76IaAYL.jpg (1512x2016, 312K)

Only if I intended to put a stock on it.

>If you take away length from the shockwave, that's an issue and makes it a short barreled shotgun
AOW, not SBS.

With the ruling that the ATF recently made about braces not counting towards OAL on AR pistols, it's quite possible that braced Shockwaves are AOWs now.

I haven't fired a shockwave, but I know 12 gauge kicks a fair bit harder and at close range 20 ga does the job. 12 gauge is only really necessary at longer range at which 20 gauge's patterning becomes too sparse. Since this is a close range firearm, 12 gauge doesn't really offer much as a 12

gauge load of buck won't make anything more dead than a 20 gauge load of buck with all the shot from either hitting the target.

I think it is OK because the brace is not folding. I think the ruling mostly affects AK pistols or AR pistols with that dumb meme folding buffer tube

Attached: D9COL81WwAA0KhS.jpg (640x800, 52K)

No.

930s are unreliable trash

I have one with a breach barrel and I use a top rail mounted flashlight to aim it

Attached: _20181113_195553.jpg (3862x1896, 1.32M)

I have considered one to do a quick and dirty form 1 sbs. I always end up going to the rabbit hole and tabling the whole thing. Something like this

>I should get a shockwave w/brace
>brace is going to be the shittest shotgun stock, what's 200 cuckbucks?
>well if I am going to get a stamp I might as well go with a shorter barrel like a serbu
>but that low capacity
This is how I talk myself into a SBS saiga , decide it's gone too far, and start over at the beginning.

>keychain shockwave
>impact muzzle
>aiming with flashlight
>duct tape grip
>clearly read ADHD self help book

Bruh u killn it

Worked well for Tarrant

>let me just shoot this meme loading in a semi auto
>dude WTF so unreliable
Never had a problem with mine

Who cares

No. I'll shoot it twice, maybe, and then shoot my more enjoyable guns instead from then on.

what's the OAL without the brace , cause if it's under 26" kiss your doggo bye bye

NEW ATF RULING

youtube.com/watch?v=NY40MWyVEKw

I'm trying to find the length of just the receiver anyone know ?

Attached: 1562683205110.png (500x478, 136K)

Tac-14 Hardwood master race

I did, against my better judgement, and it is aweful

they only make sense if you extendo

Attached: remington-sgu-cc23850c-1__52531.1518464632.jpg (1280x369, 20K)

>remshit

27.5" for the magfed

The grip itself is 5.25 inches measured parallel to the bore, and the OAL is 26.5", so the length of the reciever with the barrel mounted would be 21.25. Unless your grip/brace adapter that is considered to be a vital part of the gun and not an accessory is longer than 4.75", its illegal.

Did but not in 20gay

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-073534_Gallery.jpg (1440x2560, 2.12M)

those grips are cleary under 4.75"

you have just posted evidence of constructing and possessing a unregistered title 2 firearm

see

Attached: under26inches.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>12 gauge kicks a fair bit harder and at close range 20 ga does the job
See points:
>>lighter, so you feel the recoil more
>>women can shoot 9 pellet 00 buck all day
12g with regular ass lower recoil shells is easy as fuck to shoot. Just use the push-pull technique and you can shoot all day.

Attached: RMR_Stakeout_1__73025.1503527309.1280.1280.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

Oh, look, it's le "12 gauge doesn't have any more recoil than 20 gauge" meme, aka "I don't know how physics works", aka "I have never actually shot both 12 and 20 gauge".

Y E S
E
S

But I'm weird and I have a fetish for shorties. Like the Seburo.

I'd go with pistol grip and some accesory on the front to handle it better.

And loads and loads of anti riot.

Meanwhile I masturbate furiously with shorty shotguns.

If I get one of those magpul pumps for it, and put a rail on that pump, and then put a vertical forgrip on the pump's rail
is that illegal? I never see photos of shockwaves with vertical grips on the pump. only little hooks at the front to brace your hand on
if that is illegal, is the only way to get a good hold of one when firing to just put textured tape all over it?

The lighter a gun is, the less recoil you will feel, since the gun has less mass to push you with.

Some guys called Ian and Karl tested the shockwave against a full length shotgun with a stock. The tests were

>single target
>two targets
>3 targets

They found the stock shotgun to be more accurate and faster to use than the shockwave. It was quicker to aim, reload and pump. So I think this is pretty compelling evidence that a traditional shotgun is more useful than a shockwave.

>needing to do all that
>to find out a niche range toy meme weapon isn't as good as a real weapon

did they do a video on comparing a sling shot and an AR to see which was better at penetrating 1/4 inch steel plating?

I buy them to convert them to SBSes (E-Form1) and have it back within a month instead of waiting a year for a Form 4.

Next up is a Tac-13 or PCC, because Braces are shit (though I generally enjoy seeing the ATF get rules lawyer'd since they started that shit).

Based.

>Some guys called Ian and Karl tested the shockwave against a full length shotgun with a stock.
No they didn't. Watch the video again. They decided to prove that the Shockwave was shit by testing a completely different shotgun with a completely different grip (a traditional pistol grip), and calling it close enough. Which is kind of like proving that Five Guys has bad food by going to Burger King, eating a Whopper, and saying "This sucks. Point proven".

That video was a total embarrassment, and shows that nobody should listen to these two when it comes to anything involving modern firearms:
youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ

Not that I give a shit anymore, but thats now an AOW thanks to ATF magic ruling wand. without the buffer tube you won't meet 26 OAL.

Time for everyone to get a single point and do Ye Olde SMG push outward method with the birdshead.

Some idiots tested something shittier than a shockwave against a stocked shotgun, and determined that using the fucking sights is superior to shooting from the hip. At no point did they actually bother to try aiming the pistol grip gun.

Their video was retarded and gay.

>Which is kind of like proving that Five Guys has bad food by going to Burger King, eating a Whopper, and saying "This sucks."

No, it's like arguing that a hamburger needs a bun, with some examples from Five Guys, and a bunless hamburger enthusiast complaining they didn't use any examples from In n Out, as if that would make any difference.

perfect size for a backpack, other than that I don't see any reason for one

Can we stop with the comparisons and just make the Satanic Communist worms shoot the damn thing?

Just remember that if you do get a stamp, you can't legally bring the gun out of state without notifying the feds first. Just a heads up if you're someone who travels across state lines with your guns occasionally. That's really the main reason I don't own any NFA items despite how many I really want.

No they didn't, they tested firing a shotgun from the hip vs actually aiming. They would have got the exact same results if they used stocked shotgun and fired it from the hip instead of a PGO shotgun, because firing a shotgun from the hip is fucking stupid. Hell, point shooting in general is fucking stupid and fuck everyone who preaches it with a rusty sawzall

Tell us more about how you shoot your handguns from the hip/sideways/backwards, nigger. Their "test" was constructed to give them the results they wanted, nothing more. It's both shit science and uninteresting.

>Time for everyone to get a single point and do Ye Olde SMG push outward method with the birdshead.
No, it's time for everyone to ignore the ATF and keep doing what we were doing. There's thousands and thousands of people that have publicly displayed braced guns that achieved non-NFA firearm status via brace length. No one that's been arrested for it. That opinion is unenforcable garbage, and will only become enforceable if gun owners decide to retreat from an area we've already staked out as lawful.

Even then its kinda dumb.

>Buy PCC (Scorpion EVO/MP5/B&T/whatever
>Buy Stock
>Form 1
>Buy Silencer

You now have a gun that is as small (if not smaller) than the Memewave, and holds ~30 rounds and doesn't blow out your eardrums.

Basically this (memewave) is the weapon of the poors.

You just have to submit a 5320.20 (or letter), thats all, and silencers can cross state lines without one.

I like the birdshead, but you do you. jury nullification is and should again be a thing.

>but Mossberg doesn't intend for Shockwaves to be fired from the hip!

Attached: IMG_1139.jpg (4299x1404, 1.98M)

That's still a major annoyance when you occasionally go out of state with a couple days notice and want to bring your favorite gun.

whats the cost of buying a shockwave with a full length barrel with full choke

Sure ,if I need a shotgun like that for truck or to keep at the cabin but I've got plenty already.

A hamburger doesn’t need a bun. It’s called Salisbury Steak.

>gun owners should proudly disregard the law and put themselves at risk of being stripped of their gun rights and locked up for a decade
You first faggot. The ATF isn't going to stop enforcing the law just because more people are breaking it.

Well damn I guess you're right, they must have! Why else would they have put that thing on the end to put against your hipbone?

Attached: e83-3.jpg (540x405, 110K)

Attached: 102B2DBB-A630-4BDC-A105-D4607D89BF4F.jpg (609x720, 69K)

>gun owners should proudly disregard the law
It's not the law. It's some dipshit lawyer at the ATF slinging some bullshit that contradicts decades of their previous bullshit, and instantly manufactured tens of thousands of supposed felons.

>You first faggot.
I still have the VFG on my AR firearm that makes 26" OAL via a SBA3.

>The ATF isn't going to stop enforcing the law
They've never enforced it, it's not the law. It's a non-binding opinion.

>why do people say this?
Because they shot 20g field loads next to standard 12g defensive loads thinking that was some sort of definitive example
>I know 12 gauge kicks a fair bit harder
Low recoil defensive loads for 12g have lower energy than standard 20g defensive loads while being fired from a heavier firearm when comparing the 20g and 12g shockwaves. Basic physics mean that a properly loaded 12g shockwave can either be loaded more powerfully than the 20g while recoiling comparably, as powerfully while recoiling less, or less powerfully and recoil considerably less.
>but what about low recoil 20g
Not really a common thing, particularly when it comes to defensive loads, and the only ones im aware of have nearly identical energy to 12g low recoil defensive loads.
You're just retarded.

This reminds me of the time my brother told me rockets don't work when they reach space because they have no atmosphere to push against.

Did you inquire as to how he thought spacecraft maneuvered?

Yall niggas forgetting that the buffer gets it over 26” and isn’t an “accessory” like the brace itself

The AR receiver extension is no more a functional part of a Shockwave than a brace.

>More power with less recoil
lrn2physics
>but muh heavier 12 gauge!
If you're talking about a 20 gauge Shockwave vs. some big heavy 12 gauge with a bunch of mahogany furniture and a 24 inch barrel, maybe. But the difference in weight between a 12 and 20 gauge Shockwave isn't enough to make the recoil even close to comparable.

>lrn2physics
u 1st, but learning to read might be a better first step considering i never actually said that.
>ignoring the other 2/3rds of my post about proper load selection to achieve this
Its like you literally took a sharpie to your screen and reformed my post into a different argument so you could feel like you're winning or something.

The shockwave is conceptually flawed. There is nothing you can do with it which you couldn't do just as well or better with a stocked shotgun.

Uh, be small?

>It's some dipshit lawyer at the ATF slinging some bullshit that contradicts decades of their previous bullshit
No it doesn't. This is how anyone actually knowledgable of their previous rulings expected them to rule on this, especially on the part about folding arm braces. They don't count muzzle brakes or other accessories toward OAL unless they're permanently attached either and never have, what the fuck made you think that your "not a stock" is so special?

>it's not the law. It's a non-binding opinion.
ATF letters state how the ATF is currently enforcing the law you dipshit.

An AR buffer tube on a gun that doesn't need one is an accesory unless it's mounted in a way where you can't just unscrew it.

Yes, we all understand that there’s some 12 gauge load you can find that will recoil less than some 20 gauge load you can find. I’m sure there’s also some .45-70 load you can find that will recoil less than some .38 Special load you can find. And that there’s some Kia that will go faster than some Porsche. And that there’s some black person who’s smarter than some Jew. So? There’s a huge leap between that and “12 gauge doesn’t recoil any more than 20 gauge”, which is obviously what you were implying.

NAXALT is a meme for a reason.

>acting like 12g low recoil is some sort of unicorn ammo
>literally just making things up and saying that i was trying to imply that "12g dont recoil no moar than 20g, boi"
You're literally retarded. I was very clear about how that is only the case with identically energetic of less energetic cartridges when fired from a heavier 12g firearm, as clearly summed up WHEN I SAID "Low recoil defensive loads for 12g have lower energy than standard 20g defensive loads while being fired from a heavier firearm when comparing the 20g and 12g shockwaves.". L2read.

How?

Why would you take a registered SBR/SBS across state lines on a short trip?

How would you know it’s your favorite gun if you don’t own one because it’s annoying to do minor paperwork?

Also >implying you only own one gun or NFA item.

I could take my 14.5 pinned AR with me with a can or do a pistol build just for this if it was a big issue for me or do a integral AR upper or...

Personally I travel with a integral 10/22TD and a gemtech aurora for my carry gun just in case.

>You're literally retarded. I was very clear about how that is only the case with identically energetic of less energetic cartridges when fired from a heavier 12g firearm, as clearly summed up WHEN I SAID "Low recoil defensive loads for 12g have lower energy than standard 20g defensive loads while being fired from a heavier firearm when comparing the 20g and 12g shockwaves.". L2read.
Okay but then you literally said nothing other than that rounds with similar energy will have lower recoil when fired from a heavier gun. Well, duh - all of us already knew that. But the *entire fucking point* of a Shockwave is that it's small and light, which means that your statement, while technically correct, is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

>Personally I travel with a integral 10/22TD and a gemtech aurora for my carry gun just in case.
Your carry gun is a 10/22?

Fucking really?

That's phenomenally dumb for all kinds of reasons.

Own one, pistol brace and upgrade your front sight bead to a tritium and you are good to go.
Side saddle optional.