400$ wasr

got a wasr for 400 the other day shes mint other than a hairline crack in the rear of the receiver. The russian solution is to drill the rivet out and mig over it. I dont have a drill press so im going to chisel off the rivet and mig it over. any other ideas on how i can fix this?

Attached: 20190719_082429.jpg (4032x1960, 1.93M)

Go to a hobby store
Buy some clay in different colors
Mush it around until it’s the same color as the gun
Smush it in the crack
Take it to a gun show and get the fuck rid of it

post a pic of the inside of the receiver, looking towards the buttstock.

Weld that fucker

>buying a WASR

Attached: 20190719_084914.jpg (4032x1960, 1.58M)

Shes in really good condition other than this rivet. even has the optics rail on her too.

Attached: 20190719_085245.jpg (245x504, 12K)

I mean, I guess see if you can get someone to weld it.

user it looks pretty bad. No doubt it can be welded if done properly, but a crack like that (especially on the rear trunion) may indicate poor heat treatment of the receiver as a whole

Oh jeez, I'm a 28 year old boomer and can't imagine paying $400 for an AK with a cracked receiver
>t. $400 WASR, $375 Draco and $500 AES-10B

Attached: 1540963488897.jpg (595x451, 56K)

He's right. Could've paid $200 more for one that doesn't have a huge red flag on it

Yeah because that's totally unheard of on WASRs

Op if you insist on keeping this gun instead of getting rid of it, which is probably recommended, be sure to replace the recoil spring with something a bit stiffer. Shitty heat treat combined with battering from the bolt and maybe overstressed rivets may have done it

Attached: 20190406_040600.jpg (456x361, 78K)

Personally, I'd look into ordering a new receiver that's pre bent, and heat treated, popping the parts off that, and rebuilding it. You're already in the hole for the same as a parts kit.

That might be workable, but he likely doesn't have the tools at home to fit a barrel on a receiver, so he needs to find that.

Weld it or leave it alone. Rear of the receiver isnt really important.

>stronger recoil spring
Aaand enjoy cracking the front rivet instead.
user just get a new AK, you goofed.

I have no experience in it, but assuming he can get the trunnions fitted right, headspace shouldn't shift much at all, so I see no reason for him to remove the barrel from the front trunnion between receivers.

>buying century trash
Sell it for 500 to one of the retards that believe wasrs are good guns.

AK's suck. Why do u have to pay $1000+ to get a 4 moa gun that's not a cheap piece of garbage

Get fucked Zoomers, I paid exactly $125 for mine. So glad I got to grow up and buy funs after the AWB expired but before the King Nigger gun scare. Didn't even have to be 18 to buy funs or ammo back then.

don't damage the receiver with a chisel...

>rear of the receiver isn't really important

It takes all the force of the bcg...how do you think it got cracked in the first place?

>buy a WASR- /akg/
Should have bought a PSAK OP

t. brainlet

Weld it and send it until it breaks again. Every other answer is cowardice

Attached: p3ofw6p8sbk21.jpg (1200x615, 81K)

Nah. The right answer is to throw it in the trash.

I asked for these pics, but it doesn't look like the rifle is full retard overgassed, the rear trunnion looks good, I wonder why it cracked.

There is no front rivet

>no front rivet
Never seen an AK huh? There are six front rivets. Seven if want to include the feed rail one.

I meant to say trunnion but there are several front rivets.

Post your wasr bitch

US Import laws.

>imagine thinking a piece of Forged,ordnance grade steel will wear from spring pressure

you could put a 100x power spring in and nothing would happen besides it not working obviously, wolf makes a 15% extra power spring, and a guy on boomerfiles makes a 20%

>She's mint other than
So basically what you're saying is it's not mint.

>it's mint condition other than this small list of things that are fucked to shit

Shut the fuck up retard.

Thats not how ak's work dipshit. You have to press out the barrel to rivet the front trunnion in

I definitely wouldn't be taking a chisel to an already cracked receiver. The stresses of doing that may make it way worse. Way I see it you have two options, depending on how handy you are

>I have good welding skills and can rivet like a chad
Go to a friend's house who has a drill press and do it right.

>I'm kinda shit at welding and don't have the proper tools to rivet an AK
Send pics to JBI armory and get a quote to have a professional do it. He can also run hardness tests on it. As other anons have said, if a fucking WASR cracks, the whole receiver may be improperly heat treated.

Attached: IMG_20190511_194814.jpg (2000x1500, 1.73M)

>no front rivet
>meant to say no front trunnion
.... you're doubling down on the stoopid aren't you?

what if you just weld that area over

These.

Oof.

Probably best to have a builder rebuild it with another receiver.

You're replying to the wrong guy ya gummy worm

>beating the trunnion down with more force has no negative impact on headspacing of the AK
Why are you trying to make this argument?

>Buying a used wasr
What year is it OP? should be the first 2 of the serial #

Last 2

>hairline crack
>pic related
Choose one.

Just weld over the crack and rivet and reshape with a file. No need to destroy a perfectly good gun over a small crack. Use mig or tig but don't use stick. It'll be easier that way. Just a few little tacks over the crack.

Should have bought a PSAK

Drill out the end of the crack to keep it from spreading, even if it is welded

>perfectly good gun
>cracked reciever
He'd be better off buying a new reciever than performing some bubba welding job a piece of sheet metal that probably wasn't heat treated correctly.

Unless the rear trunnion is wobbling then it's not really an issue. If the rear of your bolt carrier looks splayed out or smashed, then get a stronger recoil spring.

Also If you plan on putting the rivet back on, you'll need a press, unless you were planning on using a rigged car jack or something. But if you do you could hand drill a new trunnion hole and put a different type of rear trunnion on to secure it on metal that's not cracked.

Attached: AMD65_01.jpg (328x246, 13K)

>I have no experience in this
>that's not how ak's work
Gee, who the fuck would have thunk it?

kek just buy a real ak. you can buy them in the us, right? i mean everything else would clearly be an infringement on your 2A rights, right?

>Unless the rear trunnion is wobbling then it's not really an issue.
Kek, like blowing a head gasket and saying if you don't see coolant in the engine oil you're good to go.

it will continue to spread the crack no matter what you do.

This hurts deeper than you realize

Attached: DA822DCE-A62D-4210-AA4B-137625C19F57.jpg (750x665, 345K)

>im going to chisel off the rivet
time to buy a dremel if you don't already own a rotary tool.

This.

>Buy a gun that has a crack in on one of the most important parts of the gun
Nigga, a crack on the handguard or stock is no big deal, hell, a crack on the safely lever or even gas tube could easily be replaced by just buying a new part. You bought a gun that's broken on the most fundamental level, literally spent $400 on a fucking paperweight assuming your not so retarded you'd actually try shooting that shit.

Drill out the rivet, weld and blend, then re-rivet; alternately, tear it all the way down and rebuild on a new receiver. It either cracked because the carrier was slamming the rear (significantly overpassed or undersprung), or because some dingus pounded a stock into the receiver that was too wide (or maybe a combo of the two, but I’d wager the latter based on the pic you posted). Post pics of carrier and rear trunnion. You can probably shoot it as is for a while, but no sense in doing that as it is a fairly easy fix

You have a mig welder but not a drill press?