Don't forget to take your iodine tablets user. You wouldn't want to end up with no face

Don't forget to take your iodine tablets user. You wouldn't want to end up with no face.

Attached: morelike15000.jpg (750x761, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ourworldindata.org/what-is-the-safest-form-of-energy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banqiao_Dam
theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/07/chernobyl-hbo-russian-tv-remake
youtu.be/C4g3FkXUhx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>3.6
Oh how they were wrong

How much protection do iodine tablets really give you?

>your iodine pills wont stop me, silly baka

Attached: 382.jpg (680x525, 32K)

For low level exposure eg. bomb fallout or hundreds of miles downwind of a meltdown it is pretty much 100% effective at stopping long term issues. It won't do shit if you ingest any radioactive material so keep that food safe and wash your hands.

It really only protects your thyroid, the organ most susceptible to the big uptake in the sky.

>You wouldn't want to end up with no face.
That would be an improvement for many of us

Thyroid cancer is pretty fucking awful. Your entire body relies on thyroid hormones to function.

I knew a girl who was born without a thyroid, would she have significantly less degradation from radiation?
I have zero knowledge over this stuff

Attached: 1563237863454.gif (48x56, 20K)

It's crazy. At my plant, the annual dosage allotment is 1.9Rem(Roentgen). Even in an outage year, the highest dose is close to .3Rem

That series included a lot of misinformation for the sake of entertainment, like how just touching a patient with acute radiation sickness can fuck you up, but actually radiation is internalized once the irradiated clothes are disposed of and the person is washed. 80% of people with ARS survive. Great show though, will make sure to stock up on Soviet radiation gear.

Interesting. I'm a totally ignorant but what other info are wrong? (At least as a pointer so I can Google it)

The death tolls are too high and based on nothing. The nurses would not have glowing red skin from just touching the fire fighters' clothing for a couple minutes. The trial episode isn't based on anything other than knowing the 3 guys got sentenced to hard labor.

Bridge of Death was just a rumor. Also, the whole baby absorbing radiation that saved the mother was false. Just shock factors to spice up the story for television.

Iodine tablets only protect the thyroid from absorbing radioactive iodine-131.
They do not mitigate the effects of being exposed to large doses of radiation.
The operators and firefighters at Chernobyl would have died anyways, taking iodine tablets would have made no difference whatsoever.

>I knew a girl who was born without a thyroid, would she have significantly less degradation from radiation?
No, she just wouldn't have to worry about getting thyroid cancer.

Good to know, but I can also see why many of these choices were made and it's good that more people roughly know what happened at chernobyl and pripyat

>Picking up a piece of graphite from a blown up core
That's gonna get a yikes from me

>Graphite soot coated clothes arent that radioactive

Go to the basement where they are kept and tell us about it user. Post pics.

The firefighting gear was and remains turbo-radioactive mate. It's all covered in core material.

>t. can't read

No they're right, why wouldn't handling clothes covered in core graphite particles give your hands radiation burns?

They will, in a day or so, not instantaneously. Illiteracy, I tell ya hwat.

>Clothes covered in graphite from an exploded core exuding over 20,000 rötgens per hour
I dunno man. Ill do some research since I don't know a terrible amount about the effects of radiation on biomatter.

amazon.com/Atomic-Accidents-Meltdowns-Disasters-Mountains-ebook/dp/B00HVPI1IA

Free book about every nuclear accident. Has a really good chapter about Chernobyl and a good explanation of what happened to everyone that's been dosed in criticality events.

The forest that turns red from radiation instantly actually took months.
They did have animal extermination squads, but they mostly shot wild animals. In fact most people took their pets with them when they evacuated.
The 3 men they sent to open the water valves lived to the 2000s and died of non radiation related causes. Water is actually an excellent radiation barrier.

Actually I think 2/3 of them are alive and 1 died of a heart attack.

I hated that animal squad shit that they added in, like the soldier shooting the cow the old woman owned. I figured they were just going to show the old couple that still lives on their farm there with animals but they fucked it up.

It's television man, they had to up the shock value to entertain. Just like animu grills getting raped by goblins.

The liquidator that is supposedly "done" after a crack in his boot is bullshit. Just leave the area, wash thoroughly and you're good to go.

The 3 megaton thermonuclear explosion from lava reaching water is BS. The figures given for the effect of such explosion are BS.

The whole show is borderlining on fear-mongering.

meant for

What would be a more believable figure my dude

They don't even know how to estimate lives lost prematurely due to the event because everyone fucking smoked, drank and inhaled exhaust from leaded gas that was used in soviet shitbox cars thus contributed to cancer rates anyway.

Attached: smoke machine.jpg (720x739, 38K)

Yeah, you really have to watch that series with a grain of salt. Entertainment level, though? 10/10. The unfortunately fact is that most dummies who will watch it won't research past watching it and just buy into the fear mongering about nuclear power, when nuclear power is cleaner and more eco friendly than burning fossil fuels.

>implying that wasn’t the plan to begin with

Actually the creator of the manga said the goblins were an allegory for blacks and muslims

I've heard vodka has some effect against radiation, is that bullshit?

It very clearly is a "nuclear bad, communism noble but bad" message
But the mouth breathers will eat it up like shit fried rice

Not in the megaton range. The water under the corium was not pressurized so it would probably just result in a "lava falling into the ocean" situation where it fizzes and smokes a little as it boils, and even if there was a steam explosion it wouldn't reach the megaton range.

Fuck me, Varg. Now Everytime I think about it I'm just gonna think of some banker funding the show to make nuclear energy look bad.

Attached: samurai.jpg (626x344, 39K)

It's just a rumor. There are actually articles online from 1986 calling it bullshit. Vodka makes you care less about being exposed to radiation lol.

>t. STALKER
It has a marginal effect of absorbing free radicals, that's about it.

It's the exact opposite of your claim, you accoustic nagger. The iodine pills saturate your thyroids with iodine so that they won't store the radioactive iodine isotopes you ingest. They do nothing else at all.

>when nuclear power is cleaner and more eco friendly than burning fossil fuels.
It was irresponsible to make. Nuclear power is objectively the safest method of effective power generation.
>ourworldindata.org/what-is-the-safest-form-of-energy

Also when is HBO going to make a HYDRO ELECTRIC BAD tv series?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banqiao_Dam

based

Attached: ojuYKy8.jpg (533x1600, 271K)

You are now aware Chernobyl was made by kikes so that people would fear nuclear energy

Speaking of which, did S.T.A.L.K.E.R. recover from his radiation exposure yet?

>fearmongering
My biggest problem with it, despite it being entertaining. Now we have another generation terrified of nuclear power plants at a point in time when we need them the most. If they wanted to scare the shit out of everyone they would have ended on the fact that if the Red Forest catches fire all that shit is getting sent back into the atmosphere.

>citation needed

Incredibly based.

This show is nothing short of an ecological disaster. HBO just did more damage to the planet than any other energy lobby be it renewable of fossil. I'm genuinely fucking mad.

Or Bhopal
Or Rana Plaza

The show isn't borderline fearmongering. There is dramatization here and there, just enough to make it enjoyable, unlike the BBC documentary. The acting is great, the atmosphere excellent. Most of the most aggressive criticism comes from butthurt vatniks - these retards are claiming to film indigenous series and blame CIA for the tragedy
theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/07/chernobyl-hbo-russian-tv-remake

On the bright side, China is investing in Thorium reactors.

>Showing bodies absolutely destroyed by ARS and trying to get away with trying to inform that anyone who has ARS can zap you with radiation if you even touch them
How is it not fear mongering. There are so many articles online detailing the fear the show produced of nuclear energy

>The show isn't borderline fearmongering
When did I say it was? Because I didn't, its dramatized in some ways but the Soviets did over-react once the bureaucracy caught up to what was going on. The average ingrates ignorance of nuclear energy was only reinforced the hbo series. I've already talked to countless people whom never gave a shit about the topic yet now are experts in nuclear safety after watching a tv show based on an incident that happened with the worst reactor design ever put into service.

The show is great in all honesty, I just fucking hate HBO even more for making it..

Well just wait for the Russian version then Yhevgeni.

fake news, you didn't see graphite on the roof because IT'S NOT THERE. rbmk's can't blow up. stop being delusional

Except the ̶s̶o̶v̶i̶e̶t̶s̶ russians didn't cuck out on their nuclear energy research, implementation and proliferation after the worst nuclear energy disaster in human history meanwhile the west got cucked out of nuclear energy.

Soccer mom lobby's are more powerful than exploding RBMK reactors.

Attached: 1544346113977.jpg (460x521, 62K)

>didn't cuck out
You are correct, their entire government imploded and the economy collapsed in part because they fucked up so bad. Now they just sell off pieces of it to 3rd world countries to keep their oligarchy running.

The USSR was run by retards and mongrels looking for hand outs, what do you expect? Its honestly a miracle they made it so far in the first place. The sad part is Russia is still RnDing new reactors despite being more or less a dying country while the west burns money on inefficient shit like solar and wind.

>Oh fuck Afghanistan
>Oh fuck Chernobyl
>Oh fuck Estonia
>Oh fuck Berlin
Heh.

>Your entire body relies on thyroid hormones to function
>I knew a girl who was born without a thyroid

I'm confused.

The whole thing has a striking similarity to gun control imo. Why actually look into whats causing the problem of violent crime/pollution when you can just blame it on a bogeyman that you can emotionally manipulate others into banning?

The bit you forgot to take into account would be the instant conversion of fast neutrons into thermal neutrons, causing run away fission, resulting in more heat and more steam.
That would cause a high kt or low mt blast, scattering lumps of un fissioned u235 in the surrounding tens of miles. But 3mt is excessive

Same as someone having the pituitary gland removed due to a tumor, which also produces hormones you need to live. Do you think the estrogen or testosterone the trannies take are naturally produced by an organ? They are synthetic. You can live without the thyroid, pituitary gland, etc. But you'll be on hormone replacement therapy via pills and injections every single day for the rest of your life.

Synthroid.

youtu.be/C4g3FkXUhx0

Stay in Cordon, user.

Attached: community_image_1407645011.gif (592x570, 386K)

Corechan will never reveal to you the light of god

Attached: 1558165127987.jpg (1910x954, 425K)

You didn't see graphite on the ground, because it's not there user

They protect you from iodine releases. Doesn’t do much for anything else.

So something that is not covered at all by any television program or popular media is the debate over “linear no threshold” model. Essentially all of the estimates for cancer cases and indirect deaths from radiation releases are made under the auspices that any exposure to radiation definitely statistically increases your risk of cancer/death. This theory puts forward that there is no lower limit to exposure where it won’t harm you st all. This is hotly debated in medicine and subsequently environmental engineering when trying to figure out “safe” exposure limits, because there is theoretically no safe lower limit. It is argued that your body has systems for fighting cancer and damaged cells, so you would expect it to be able to tank some slight radiation (on the level of background) without difficulties, but the model used assumes the opposite. Just a little FYI while we are on the topic.

I didn’t get the fear mongering about nuclear vibe from it, a whole lot more of the
>these fucking communists are horrible
Vibe

Curious, how can you call the show great, but hate HBO for making it?

Did we watch the same show, the message is clearly "the soviet union was a fucked state willing to sacrifice huge numbers of its own people rather than admit a mistake". They explicitly state that the only reason the accident happened was because the soviet union was too cheap to build western style reactors and the culture of the soviet union was a system built on lies.

3.6 Roentgen/hour really isn't that much depending on what kind of radiation we're talking about. Easily survivable in any case.

Attached: 1562946331451.jpg (570x640, 37K)

So what you're saying is it's not great, but not terrible?

That's actually significant

Exactly. I guess I don't understand the meme.

Attached: Delusions.jpg (640x640, 61K)

The show itself is great, but all the subject matter does if fuel the public ignorance of nuclear energy and causes the average plebeian to come to conclusions that are neither relevant nor accurate. Which becomes a problem considering nuclear is the only effective method currently to tackle the problems with pollution and the increasing demand for a clean and effective power source. I will fucking REEE at the next cocksucker I meet irl who uses Chernobyl as an argument against western PWR's, much less for more modern gen IV reactors using salt, thorium etc etc.
>t.user living in a city surrounded by anti-nuclear ecofaggots

Attached: 1516765367345.jpg (412x430, 33K)

That post was a train wreck in terms of grammar and sentence structure, I am drunk and phone posting so fuck off.

Have you actually met people who think Chernobyl has an anti-nuclear message?
Because pretty much everyone I know gets that its more of a "soviet union bad" message.

>Have you actually met people who think Chernobyl has an anti-nuclear message?
Loads, again I live in ecofag shitlib land (I intend to move but that's later on) so its likely the reason. I also like talking to people and have hot opinions so I guess me being irritated is no small part my own doing.

I do love the look on their face after they get called ignorant though, they're really not used to being on the receiving end of that word.

The meme is that it was a lot fucking more than 3.6, that's just what their measuring device topped out at.

Attached: CE4A5506-F7EC-4D8A-B170-CC911BE14FC3.png (497x576, 212K)

>this series looked really interesting
>it unfortunately fell victim to the streaming service original content jew

It's good right? Worth pirating right?

yes, worth pirating

Oh, lol.
Here, have an angry egg as a gift for explaining it to me.

Attached: 1562001666114.webm (320x632, 174K)

That's why leftists hate it, cause they fairly accurately portray the USSR as an India-tier dysfunctional shithole in everything except military, since that's the only thing they spent any money on.

>everything except military, since that's the only thing they spent any money on.
It was pretty shit too, especially near the end.

Attached: 1463446195816.jpg (400x400, 24K)

sneed

thyroids are pretty important user. someone has to take care of that girl and keep her safe and healthy, do you know her number?

Was anyone else surprised at the similarities between the Chernobyl disaster, and the Challenger disaster. Both were the result of a bureaucratic disregard for safety, and safety procedures.