"ew, why do you carry a revolver, grandpa? it's 2019"

>"ew, why do you carry a revolver, grandpa? it's 2019"
>*carries a subcompact 9mm/.380 with a 6 round mag*

Jow Forums will defend this

Attached: how yall mfs look.jpg (352x485, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiT8MxPJVmo
reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/mastodon.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Jow Forums will defend this
no I won't

Thinner, lighter (for same cost), quicker reload, usable trigger, and more than a 5 shot j frame.

Quicker reload is more down to training. It's quicker to become proficient with an automatic but people great at either won't have that large of a gap

All your other shit is on point
I'd also point out automatics have a thinner profile so they're easier to conceal, but like the reload this can also be mitigated into near irrelevance

Except it isnt because if you put a highly trained person doing both the revolver is going to be slower every single time

there is no scenario where you would reload a revolver quicker than an automatic

I didn't deny there'd be a difference just stated It'd be a negligible difference.
Plus you have to remember we're talking subcompacts here. Some of those are total cunts to load but now we're getting into which specific gun is being used Ina broad hypothetical

>Thinner, lighter
Try not being a manlet
>(for same cost),
Try not being a poor manlet
>quicker reload,
Try not being a poor, spastic manlet
>usable trigger,
Try not being a poor, spastic, weak manlet
>and more than a 5 shot j frame.
Try not being a poor, spastic, weak manlet, and learning how to form a coherent sentence

t. projecting manlet

sure, until you have to deal with multiple threats carrying automatics. That speed loader of yours sure going to fit well on your custom made LBEs. Or you can deal with loose rounds where all my shit is in magazines.

seething

>until you have to deal with multiple threats carrying automatics
I don't live in a Hollywood movie so the odds of that occurring astronomically low.

If any place has love for wheelguns surely it is here.

Arguing that a subcompact is better than a j-frame from a gunfighting standpoint makes no sense when subcompacts are terrible for gunfighting anyway. It's a close range defensive tool, not a fighting pistol.

this

The point of a subcompact 9mm is deep concealment, they can get extremely small. A revolver is bulbous and thus harder to conceal, has a horrid 10-12 lb DA trigger, and STILL has less capacity. If I was going to carry something the same size as an average revolver I could carry a g19 which blows any revolver out of the water in every way.

If you're putting yourself in a situation where you have to engage multiple targets you already fucked up by not having at least a full size pistol. Why carry a small pistol when you have to carry a fannypack full of magazines?

All autos have over revolvers is capacity. That's a huge advantage though. Doesn't mean there's no place for revolvers but it's a breddy small place.

Attached: RevolvervSemi.jpg (1077x810, 352K)

>quicker reload
>more than 5 shot
do you plan on doing self defence or getting into a shootout? Because your concealed carry isn't going to cut it

I carry two 17 round mags.

>buddy carries a full size Sig P228 Navy every day
>2 spare magazines, all loaded with 9mm JHP +P with nickel casings
>lives in a small town of under 10k where the last murder happened 10 years ago and was a cop raiding a meth lab
>constantly complains to me that it's a heavy burden to carry a gun all the time
>I literally just throw a police positive in my waistband when I think there might be danger

I fully understand that autos have a lot of advantages over revolvers, but if you're planning on getting into a protracted gunfight you'd be better off bringing a rifle

Attached: 1507678799933.jpg (900x583, 233K)

**P226, my bad

most self defence cases are over in 3 rounds or less

while no one ever said "i need less bullets", having more than 6 rounds is a nice to have rather than a necessity
i find revolver frames comfier, so i would rather use that 9 out of 10 times
advantages of semis are more pronounced for people who use their weapons more, like military or bank guards

youtube.com/watch?v=MiT8MxPJVmo

>most self defence cases are over in 3 rounds or less
>t. person who looks at raw numbers and not context

Most self defense cases only involves one side shooting, and that's why less than 3 rounds suffices.

Self defense cases that involve both sides shooting use more ammo, and the #1 determining factor in who wins is mag size and volume of fire.

You won't be reloading after you get shot with .357 anyway

>the #1 determining factor in who wins is the first to get rounds on target

Why would I? I love revolvers. Hell, if I was good at it, -- and owned one -- I'd daily a SAA clone or an 1871/1861 convo clone.

Attached: tumblr_oflbvpOF3a1u7zlaao1_400.jpg (400x471, 54K)

This. Even walking around in the nearest big city at 2 am, I don't feel outgunned with a Makarov+ spare mag. You manage to pull any type of gun on someone that deserves it before they kill you and statistically you're home free.

>you're planning on getting into a protracted gunfight you'd be better off bringing a rifle
TBQH i can't think of a single situation where i'd need a gun and wouldn't prefer it to be a compact semi auto or better. Snubbies have their niche, but the benefits medium or full sized semi autos offer don't just apply to "protracted gunfights".

>defence

Attached: 2e8b87a0-c86a-4d3b-bab5-c6a98629120e.jpg (400x307, 30K)

Did I stutter, sweetie?

Attached: 686.jpg (3715x2089, 1.02M)

Pretty much this, but with the addition of the people who regurgitate the average rounds per defensive shooting meme either lack a middle school level understanding of math or logic too.
EX.
>average number of rounds fired in a defensive shooting: 2.5
>percentage of people stopped with 1 shot to the head or torso: 50%
>assuming a sample size of 100 for sake of argument
>50% of cases were 1 shot stops and capacity was completely irrelevant, this situation is as reliable as a coin flip
>50% of cases took an average of 4 rounds to the torso and head per attacker to stop them
Personally if im going to carry a gun then id rather not carry the one with significant odds of not having enough ammo to stop two motivated attackers(multiple attacker crimes aren't exactly unheard of).

SPRAY AND PRAY WOOOOOOOOOOO

Shut up retard. If you really believe mag capacity doesn't matter why don't you carry a flintlock? You just need one shot right? In a self defense situation where the hostile actually has a gun, you definitely want as many rounds as possible. Thugs don't stand still like paper targets, they take cover and return fire. Now imagine two thugs with pistols. Your 5 shot snubby will get you killed. It's rare, but so is having to use your ccw in general.

the average engagement will be over as soon as some draws and fires, an actual gunfight where 2 sides end up talking cover and trading shots isnt"unlikely" its astronomically low
in any case, multiple armed attackers will likely get you killed regardless of weapon

to say a 6 shooter will get you killed on the account of that case is more like saying anything other than an M16 will get you killed on that occasion
in vast majority of cases, most of which are individually unlikely anyways, anything bigger than a derringer will be more than sufficient

Scenario: All of the rounds are loose.
Edge = revolver

what are you talking about i carry a p365

Can't tell if you're a nogunz or just haven't seen a revolver before.

You realize a subcompact .380 is like a third the thickness of a revolver and a bit shorter than the shortest snub noses right?

You realize revolvers have a double action pull on every shot right?

You realize .38 special is comparable to .380 while being far larger right?

Also for reference I carry a 10 shot CZ Rami which is both smaller than a revolver and better in every conceivable way except when it would be too much of a hassle to carry IWB, in those cases I carry a LCP II which is far tinier than any centerfire revolver ever made.

>If you put a highly trained person doing both the revolver is going to be slower every time
>>Highly trained
>>Revolver...slower

Tell that to Jerry and he will mock in your face

>"Ew, why do you carry a subcompact 9mm with a 6 round mag or even a .380 at all you stupid goofball buttercup nigger? It's 2019"

Also

>"ew, why do you carry a crummy pail of water, grandpa? it's 2019"
>*carries a pokemon creature*

>implying jerry's revolver times are better than the best semi auto shooter's times
Particularly on stages with more than 6 rounds.

>You realize .38 special is comparable to .380 while being far larger right?
In general that's true, but +P .38 can give you an advantage. Also 147 grain .38 bullets are available.

And the profile of a j frame and DA trigger arguably makes it better for pocket carry than a .380 pistol

YAAAAAWN. This thread again. Sage. The right gun for you is the one you are comfortable with. Caliber is irrelevant. Auto, revolver, etc, is irrelevant. The one you are comfortable with and can shoot well is the one you should carry. When I'm dictator I'm bringing back dueling. Jow Forums shit posters will have to prove their words or eat lead.

How about one where it jams

>Quicker reload is more down to training.
Literally stopped reading right there. Everything you have to say is irrelevant if you believe this.

>implying Jerry can do better with a semi-auto after all these years
Have you even seen him shoot? I know there's a single video of him failing at a competition from a hammer/striker failing but most of everything hes ever done was from a revolver

>I literally just throw a police positive in my waistband when I think there might be danger
exactly this. I don't even carry my colt every day, just a folding knife. At some point there's a tradeoff with everyday practicality. I know when I'm putting myself at risk so those are the times that I carry, other times I couldn't care less about playing Ranger Joe with some chance criminal encounter in my vicinity. Most people haven't done anything to warrant being attacked in public, carry your gun when you're traveling alone, and at night, and keep it in your nightstand. That's all most people should do imo

SPRAY AN PRAY WOOOOO

>it's 2019
you're right, im living in the near future

Attached: mateba 2006m.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

You realize tiny 380s are total ass to actually shoot right? They're perfect for people who want to sacrifice as little as possible in the way of comfort in order to carry. Actual shooters know the ergos of small DA revolvers are light years better for actually making timely hits.

Attached: 1561777661204.gif (220x124, 1.17M)

>TBQH i can't think of a single situation where i'd need a gun and wouldn't prefer it to be a compact semi auto or better.
I'd rather have an AR. It's all about compromise. My threat level is low and I like the 16oz weight of the snub and most importantly, they are easier to get ahold of in a stressful situation and they'll work no mattter how funky your grip is.

just take the AR with you

I feel the same way about my Shield. Say what you will about S&W, but it's a thin, light little gun that has never had a single problem and vanishes under my shirt.

>shield
kek

I carry pic related in a kydex pocket holster every day. I practice with it a lot. I exclusively shoot it one handed in a sort of old school 'point shooting' stance, but I painted the front sight orange so I can pick it up quickly. I can get it into action and shoot it one handed pretty decently. 3" inch groups at 7 yards with a few flyers about 6 inches away. I feel perfectly fine carrying it as I am much more likely to throw it in my pocket then get my Glock 19 IWB holster all set up. Compacts are fine. You just have to practice with them more.

Attached: IMG_0359.jpg (3061x2295, 3.19M)

what does penis taste like?

First rule of gun fights: have a gun.

380 pocket pistols don't seem THAT much smaller than a double-stack compact 9mm, but if they allow you to carry anywhere for less than $300, why not?

When in the city, I use to carry a .45; eventually downsized to 9mm not for the killing power or how great it is, but merely the fact of how many more i could hold. IF I HAD THE CHOICE before a fight, id pick the .45 just for the the fact if i hit someone with it, they are done. a 9mm needs 2-3 honestly to stop anything. Seen enough vids of police dropping 5-7 rounds of 9mm in to a perp before they actually realize they are dead. Adrenaline will keep a basketball american alive long enough to shoot 2-3 shots after taking 5-7 9mm

Attached: I just really like it.png (483x230, 30K)

But user he has two 17 round backup magazines and has been practicing his central axis relock.

Both of those are valid.
The gun just has to function, have enough power to plausibly stop or kill an assailant, and you have to feel comfortable and confident in its performance.

Everything past this is practice and personal preference, some people genuinely carry revolvers in .45 Colt, single-action ones even, and that will absolutely work as a carry weapon.

The odds that you'll even have to reload are pretty damn slim.

Probably, but it doesn't actually matter.

Probably.

How's the weather down there?

dueling and gladiatorial combat please i will vote for you

>basketball american

Kek

I carry one of these in my jacket pocket

Attached: 29299258_1_x.jpg (512x307, 17K)

I have but only as a BBQ gun. don't want to wear the blueing

Attached: S&W Custom .38 Safety Hammerless.jpg (835x588, 178K)

gibs me dat

Fuck, that's a good idea, I need to get a BBQ gun, with a BBQ holster. Stainless would be suitable if I might get grease or something on the gun.

But yeah, single-actions are faster than people give them credit for, with a two-handed grip it's really easy to make six aimed shots pretty damn quick, and generally guns like these are in calibers like .357 Magnum, .45 Colt, and .44 Magnum, all which are time proven handgun cartridges.

Attached: Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum.jpg (1440x568, 248K)

Attached: mastodon-4.jpg (750x600, 77K)

That thing looks expensive.
What is it? I mean I can tell it's based on a Ruger, but what fuckhuge caliber is it? That barrel is thick.

>The new revised and improved Mastodon, built on your Ruger Redhawk
>$2195
>6 to 8 month delivery in most cases

reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/mastodon.htm

Attached: mastodon revolver mini blue.jpg (1500x1200, 538K)

That's too expensive to risk spilling creole dressing or marinade on.

Attached: revolver general.jpg (955x538, 40K)

Pretty

What about man-naise?

what kind of subcompact only has 6 rounds of 9?

>not keeping a third spare extended mag in the glove box filled with +P fmjs in case you encounter feds