What's the point of big bore air rifles?

>can't shoot guns in the garage because too loud and lead dust
>look on amazon for quiet .22 air rifles and pistols
>see .357 benjamin bulldog PCP air rifle for $600
>200 FPE, but only 10 shots per fill
>after that, pump 200 times
>not semi-auto
>probably very loud like powder burners

What are the advantages? Seems like powder burners do everything better when it comes to big bores.

Attached: benjamin-bulldog-bullpup-combo-11.gif.jpg (1400x608, 213K)

Grizzly bears fear them

They're nowhere near as loud as "powder burners" you retarded faggot fuck, where do you think the noise generated by firearms comes from?

>Mechanical movement of the action
Not a problem since not semi auto
>Venting of gasses out muzzle
Not a problem since so cartridge
>Supersonic crack of the projectile
Usually not a problem, except ironically with light pellets in the high velocity .22 caliber air rifles you seem to think are so much more practical

Precision. Maybe not so much the big bores but in general airguns are more precise than firearms.
If you are interested in big bore airguns google Beaumont air rifles. Dutch firm producing civil and army air guns, which are in use on merchant ships to defend against pirates (most countries ban firearms on ships). I shot bigbore airrifles .25 (solids, not pellet) up to .72. The .72 was 2000 Joules (abt 1500 fpe). Recoil comparable to mauser, energy level comparable to M16 but impact more like the civil war minies.
Definitely capable guns and where I live firearms are heavily regulated but airguns not. But they are very expensive so I shoot firearms.
BTW the benjamin looks cool and is semi but that's about it. Precision is subpar for an airrifle. For precision and power look into RAW and FX.

They are a lot quieter than a real firearm
Much cheaper to shoot
Can shoot in places where real firearms are prohibited
Excellent for pest control in urban areas where it's either illegal or inappropriate to use a real gun.

Also, if you want a PCP then get yourself an air tank you can use to refill the gun so you don't have to pump it. There's several ways to do this. Cheapest is to buy a used SCUBA tank. You have your local dive shop refill it, then you can recharge your gun many many times before you have to have it refilled again, and it doesn't cost much to have it filled either.

>What are the advantages
none of the legal restrictions that guns may have.

You're right that they are quieter than a "powder burner", but this:
>Venting of gasses out muzzle
>Not a problem since so cartridge
...is fucking retarded. An air gun has...guess what...compressed air coming out the muzzle when you fire. It's quiter than "real gun" because the pressures are lower, but there absoloutely still is gases coming out the barrel.

>firing minie balls at pirates
Yes.

I'm not OP, but I thanks for sharing that about the Beaumonts. I want to check those out.

>>Look into FX
Can confirm, they are awesome. I also like BSA and Ataman.

Would you like to be at the receiving end? I've seen what one of these solids does to a gastank at 100 yds. Not nice.

Generally you go bigger/heavier bullets to make power (terminal effect) when you are limited by velocity for some reason (in this case its just the nature of compressed gas not having as much power as powder).

But OP is correct that even with the same velocity limitation (say 1000fps for subsonic) a powder burner will still throw a larger, heavier, bullet to 1000fps compared to a CA rifle.

Compare this bulldog or whatever in .35 CA to a .350 legend subsonic.

>265 grains
>1060 fps
>660 ME

vs

>170 grains
>~700 fps
>200 ME

Not saying its worthless, special applications (like where firearms are banned) are definitely there, but as OP originally said, Powder does everything better, small bore to large bore.

Extremely quiet.
Not legally a gun.
I'd want a crossbow for killing things quietly that are a threat or pest control generally. They do have a place though.

>many many times
I wasn't aware SCUBA tanks held that much air. How many charges do you typically get out of one?

>Powder does everything better,
Dirty powder residue, expense, and additional noise are "better"? Lol.

You're not wrong that powder firearms are more powerful, but to suggest that they are always better is absurd.

It's really hard to give a solid number because it depends on many variables--how big the tank is, how big the resevoir on your gun is, and what pressure your gun is designed to be filled to.

I have a composite tank that's a big bigger than the average SCUBA tank. How many fills I get depends on the gun. The worst offender I own is an Ataman rifle; it fills to a higher pressure than most air guns. I get about 8 fills for that rifle...at which point there's still a ton of pressure in the tank, just not enough to top up that particular gun to the pressure that it likes. I've also gota BSA with an aftermarket extra-large tank. It fills to a lower pressure but because the tank is so big it takes more air; I get about 8 fills of it too (Several hundred shots per tank). For my other guns which are more typical, maybe 15-20 fills for them?

I think he was excited about the idea of it.

In Arizona you can legally take bear and mountain lions with big bore airguns. The purpose is to flex on virgins who haven't shot a bear with a pellet gun.

>noise

I hope you seriously aren’t not using silencers in the current year user.

>dirty

Meh, CA firearms have thier own maintenance issues which are much harder to deal with than powder firearms.

>expense

Nope, you can get a more capable powder firearm for less or the same money.

The turd in OP 200 ME lol.

Listen there’s a reason why gunpowder/smokeless powder is the default, and CA is mostly a toy/curiosity and always has been.

It’s only purpose is for people who can get firearms.

I’d rather have BP than CA.

>silencer
>pay the ATF and out your name on a list
Or
>get caught and get my ass pounded in a federal prison

>I hope you seriously aren’t not using silencers in the current year user.
I own four cans. Air rifles, even big bore ones are still quieter by a large degree. And guess what? You can put a can on an airgun too, not that they need it.

>Listen there’s a reason why gunpowder/smokeless powder is the default,
Of course. It's more powerful and it's simpler. That doesn't mean that air rifles have no advantages.

>I’d rather have BP than CA.
Me too. Again, it doens't mean that CA doesn't have some advantages.

I agree that powder firearms are generally better. I'm just nitpicking your absoloute statement and saying that it's fucking stupid to say that powder firearms are better in ALL cases. Its not ALL, it's most. There is a difference, and yo're either too stupid or too bullheaded to realize it.

How loud are the constant air tank pellet guns, compared to a spring break barrel air rifle?

Depends on how powerful each gun is. That's really the determining factor. The mechanism doesn't matter, what matters is the pressure in the barrel when the pellet leaves the muzzle.

The more powerful the gun the louder they are. That's the rule. Doesn't matter if it's a spring piston or PCP. The higher-end spring guns can be more powerful (and thus louder) than the lower-powered PCPs. The larger PCPs, being substantially more powerful than spring guns, are louder too.

user. The f stands in ATF for firearms. Not airguns.

>>the ATF doesn't regulate silencers

He's talking about sliencers for powder firearms, not airguns. Work on your reading comp.

Semi related question: can you buy full auto airguns in the USA, or does the ATF still shoot your doggo?

Yes, you can. Airguns are not considered firearms so the ATF has zero jurisdiction over them. They are totally legal.

Cool, cheers for clearing that up for me