I’m really enjoying this walk with you, user

>I’m really enjoying this walk with you, user
>by any chance do you have an IFAK on you?

The chances of you getting into a gunfight in the US is drastically lower than the likelyhood of being or witnessing a vehicular accident where a medkit can be the the difference between life or death. Even that, if you plan on having a firearm for defensive use, there is a chance you can get shot, a family member being hit by a stray round or an accident happening at the range. Everyone here owns a gun (lol), that’s easily $400 including ammo in some cases. A Stop The Bleed course is F-R-E-E and a TCCC approved tourniquet like a SOFTT-W or Gen 7 CAT costs $25. A pack of either Quick Clot Combat Gauze or Celox Rapid is about $40. That’s a small price to pay for something that can easily save a life and learning how to use this shit is easy as fuck.

How shitty would it be to catch a round and bleed to death when EMS was only 15 minutes away since you never bothered to get medical training? This is 2019, you shouldn’t die of something easily preventable, find a local Stop The Bleed course nearby and get some confidence in treating life threatening injuries.

Attached: 9DD90A55-AF68-4107-B019-41A10F86CA16.png (859x1159, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcontrol.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EDC fags ran out of shit to buy so now they all feel the need to have IFAKs on them all at times because they fucking masturbate to scenarios where they save the day.

>imagine being this scared

a first truck is one thing but come the fuck on. do you carry bandaids too? you probably work in an office ffs. what's going to happen - karen from accounting snaps and throws a paper airplane at you?

I'll carry a TQ, or have one in pack, all vehicles, or very close by. I don't carry quick clot, or combat gauze, etc.

>link to Stop The Bleed’s website
bleedingcontrol.org/

This thread isn’t about discussing how to prep med gear or what to buy. Start off by going to a Stop The Bleed course first.

Caleb Causey from Lone Star Medics and Kerry Davis from Dark Angel Medical are both well recognized trainers for med classes and have good content online.

The most important component in a medkit is knowledge and training.

Attached: 068A6F10-F515-4806-A724-3387E5EB6883.jpg (1080x720, 140K)

>who the fuck are you
>why am I outside
>whats going on

Attached: 1526238731647.jpg (900x900, 121K)

But can i carry it in a holster?

>a first truck is one thing but come the fuck on. do you carry bandaids too? you probably work in an office ffs. what's going to happen - karen from accounting snaps and throws a paper airplane at you?

Actually, I drive 25 miles to work on a highway and use very sharp knives everyday both off work and at work. Don’t tell me you actually wear a seatbelt, have health insurance or have a gun ready for self defense. Nothing bad will happen ever, right?

And yes, I do have bandaids in my IFAK, tucked all the way down, if that makes you angry

fuck you 3rd wall breaking faggot

I like his tits.

>Urge to facefuck intensifies
Anyways just don't get shot user, that's what armor is for.

>i need my entire utility belt to feel safe

Don't you want to be like Batman, user?

Even with belt I feel un prepared. Any one k ow where I can get a pocket size grappling hook, one that is made out of titanium?

Karen from accounting snaps and brings a gun to work.

>brown eyes
Disgusting

This. Karen is fucking insane. We'd be better off outsourcing accounting all together.

Attached: 1549672446537.png (394x329, 100K)

>use very sharp knives everyday both off work and at work.

OMG user, that's so dangerous. You're a badass. I bet the office ladies love you hehe.

>do I carry a band aid and an ice pack
Bruh I'm not a school nurse. Getting me to carry around a knife for utility was a hard enough sell and I barely use that as is

No, I don't. Enjoy bleeding to death.

>learn cpr
>carry a TQ
>if bleeding, hold pressure on wound
>if that doesnt work, apply TQ
>watch youtube video to learn to use TQ correctly
i just saved you $5000 on an EMT course
t. EMT

bullseye

Just keep a kit in the car or something, like a normal person

Yes you know I do cris. You know I carry quick clot, gauze, bandages and two tourniquets

Yeah I have no idea where the fuck to take a course in buttfuck nowhere'sville and the goddamn website didn't give me any information.

Fpbp......the more I think about all this shit, the more I realize that if your fighting bad men isn’t apart of your job description, other than the most basic things, it’s just an expensive hobby and not much more

Trauma bag is in my trunk and checked monthly. I can field expedient a tourniquet pretty quick. If you can learn to shoot someone, you can probably learn to help them afterward.

there's no helping a 5.56 through the hindbrain. maybe buy more keurig pods next time, kathy.

>implying I don't have an IFAK fastened to the roll bar of my miata at all times

incel

>wow he’s bleeding A LOT
>let’s keep pressure on it first!
>and wait about ~30 seconds, if he is still bleeding and dies before that, put the TQ on!
>it’s a last resort lmao
>he thinks Jow Forums constitues medical training instead of having an in person classroom interaction with other people

Thanks, anonymous “”””EMT””””, your invaluable and depth of knowledge made the world a better place! Thank you for showing us all how to pack a wound with gauze! Thanks for showing us how to do a patient sweep and good on you for reminding us to remove objects from people’s pockets beforehand if we’re going high and tight with a TQ on their leg.

Kidding; go fuck yourself. You have as much knowledge of medicine as a rookie cop does with gunfighting.
>being prepared for accidents is a hobby and only a hobby

Surely trauma can’t happen to everyday people? It’s fine to be lazy about not getting medical training, just don’t try to justify it as if it’s anything hard.
>there’s a 12 year old girl that knows how to use a tourniquet and pack wounds
>you don’t

let that sink in faggot
where do you live?

Attached: A654B661-85B0-4AB9-BC29-467F296F162E.jpg (657x467, 38K)

literally no one here will ever have to pack a wound, or do a body sweep. paramedics dont even do that you fucking retard. also, if you knew half of anything you are trying to say youd know you would never reach into anyones pockets. if you are in a situation where youre putting a tq on someone's leg (assuming you know what youre doing, as you claim) you'd have already cut off their clothing. even a trauma surgeon wont pretend to be a trauma surgeon in the field. if you do anything other than control the bleed and get them to definitive care, you are going to cause more harm than good

Yeah, haha.

Attached: 1560170930437.jpg (1357x960, 103K)

>literally no one here will ever have to pack a wound, or do a body sweep.

Fuck bro, I’m tossing my combat gauze out, care to lend me your crystal ball? Let me know whether or not I’ll ever use my gun or not. It’s annoying to carry sometimes so I would like to know, thanks.

there's two extremes to this argument and they're both stupid

You're actually not going to use that gun either. Thanks for playing.

Attached: 1561933624768.jpg (400x400, 13K)

based and Alzheimers pilled

you probably wont. but attempting medical interventions when you dont know what youre doing is irresponsible. if it's your own body, knock yourself out and let the doctor's tell you how stupid you are later. pack some strager on the street's wound, it gets infected, they lose their leg, sue you for everything youre worth..fuck it. go for it

>being this much of an actual female
>Pic related: a dyke
Nice lesbian LARP, user.

Hahaha I actually did use this to impress my current girlfriend. I don't carry a full IFAK but I do always have a RATS tourniquet and a package of celox gauze. I also have a lot of E&E stuff secreted around in special spots in my pants. I may be slightly autistic about EDC.

Attached: 20190719_211345.jpg (2560x1440, 1.37M)

Fuck you have fun finding pajeets who know GAAP

Just outsource IT that's already 90% complete anyway

>you probably wont. but attempting medical interventions when you dont know what youre doing is irresponsible. if it's your own body, knock yourself out and let the doctor's tell you how stupid you are later. pack some strager on the street's wound, it gets infected, they lose their leg, sue you for everything youre worth..fuck it. go for it
Many states, including mine (Ohio) have Good Samaritan laws that specifically insulate those supplying reasonable, well-meaning attempts at emergency first-aid from legal liability.

What is with this autist who keeps posting IFAK threads
Is it the autist who keeps one on his fucking ankle
Is he gonna burn down a cartoon network studio or something

good point. next time i come across someone with a broken leg ill just do a field amputation

Then they're tagged black and left to rot. Try again, nigger.

Note that I'm not arguing in favor of the dumb ass point that you shouldn't get training or carry decent gear. You're a fucking monkey, who says you know how to pack a wound if you've never done it before, or what to do if someone's airway is blocked, or how to give effective cpr.

I'm not *that* well trained, so all I carry in terms of dedicated medical is the standard blowout kit stuff that I know how to use: an israeli bandage, some celox and quickclot gauze, CAT TQ, NPA, decompression needle, hyfin seal pack, sam splint, 3m tape.

sometimes I think it's unfortunate that vehicular homicide is socially acceptable but an A-10

if youve never packed a wound before you most likely dont know when its even appropriate to pack a wound. youre also just asking for trouble if you think your going to save the day using a decompression needle. stop thinking youre going to be like the people you see in movies

>if youve never packed a wound before you most likely dont know when its even appropriate to pack a wound.
oh stop, you moron.
>youre also just asking for trouble if you think your going to save the day using a decompression needle.
its not that hard to identify tension pneumothorax and find the pleural cavity. it is a relatively common injury in armored gsw situations, which again, is what my kit is geared towards.
>stop thinking youre going to be like the people you see in movies
packing a wound is now hollywood? wow, they did something right for a change, I guess.

Attached: 1550811974535.gif (384x288, 790K)

Isn't it mandatory in the US to keep TQ in the car?

>what is the Good Samaritan Act, Alex?

You'd think, but not everywhere is Detroit or South L.A.

Feeling safe is a result of pure ignorance. You're never safe, but you can make yourself safer in various ways.

No, fuck off eurofag.

If its just a walk then I would have time to get back to the car where the "oh shit" kit is stored. That has multiple tourniquets, multiple Israeli bandages, a couple chest seals and various things in case of multiple casualties.

If I'm out on a hike that would imply a longer trip where I have at least a daypack which has my hiking first aid kit in it. Along with snacks, water, water filter(depending on area and length of trip), fire starters, extra knife, bandana, compass and some form of signal device like mirror and/or whistle.

For just everyday stuff around work, I have my chainsaw first aid kit ready on my desk or my "oh shit kit" in my car. I constantly think about my location to both items and how to explain their location for others to grab.
If I'm away somewhere none of my kits are practical I instead run thru situations in my head and plan out which items would make the best tourniquet from whats around me, often a belt is not the right answer. Also what I could use as a chest seal and tape it down with. How to pack a wound without the proper gauze, neck ties could work and who to start with in a triage situation.
The triage is the one that often gives me most pause cause I know I will look after my family first and then work out.

Best advice is to always be day dreaming though. Always look around and think about whats a weapon, what's a first aid item, how would you enter the room for am assult, how would you counter attack. If you have a plan, even a shitty one, youre more likely to react fast and that what matters.