Is Bushido still a thing in the JSDF or did it die with WWII?

Is Bushido still a thing in the JSDF or did it die with WWII?

Attached: Alt-Japans-Cute-Army.jpg (727x545, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s07ozRK6mt8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not in any meaningful capacity.

They became americanized...that's all you need to know...

Attached: Salute_Sinking_Carrier.jpg (1600x1097, 430K)

Bushido is lame these days, just bugs arguing over who pays the bill and killing themselves over a bad grade.

What happened to dedicating your life to taking revenge upon a person who dishonored you? Can you japs at least try to be cool after Hollywood hypes you up with all those badass movies?

Attached: 1559163390017.jpg (1161x1280, 245K)

Let's hope it did. That medieval bullshit has no place in a 20th century fighting force, much less a 21st century one.

>did it die with WWII?
Mostly. A bunch of them realized how fucking stupid it was for experienced commanding officers, turret commanders and pilot squadron leaders to keep killing themselves.

Bushido was a gentry thing, normies didn't follow it.

>honor, courage, duty, loyalty to your dying breath
"Bushido is lame these days"

Fuck this timeline.

Hopefully it did. It was never real to begin with. The hagakure and Bushido books are dramatic romantic distortions of the samurai class. The samurai acted, unsurprisingly, like soldiers and did alot of thuggish drunken bullshit that they later retconned as defenses of honor.

>loyalty to your dying breath
Yeah, gotta love killing yourself just because some chucklefuck who happens to outrank you tells you to. Good stuff

Attached: Toyotomi-Hideyoshi-cover.jpg (1200x630, 109K)

Hey fuck you, BUSHIDO STRONG

take you and your corrupted jewish ethos out of here!

Attached: 0dfd8d7a39084b33a6f5570842c1abdb6775bce9.jpg (300x300, 82K)

Look at that image you posted and tell me that the Japanese armed forces are anywhere near the level they were around WWII.

they may not be great at practical tactics or armed with the very latest weapons; but the have comparatively large numbers of solid, well-maintained platforms. they're better off than many competitors, despite muh pacfism.

That's not that surprising, considering how close they are to North Korea, and how often they squabble with China over various islands. I was mostly memeing.

> The samurai acted, unsurprisingly, like soldiers and did alot of thuggish drunken bullshit that they later retconned as defenses of honor.

That's exactly how Knights acted as well.

Of course. Except England didn't pick up the myth of chivalry during WW2 and use it to justify to themselves a bunch of war crimes and aggressive land grabs

Is this image real? Is life really just one big meme?

>Of course. Except England didn't pick up the myth of chivalry during WW2 and use it to justify to themselves a bunch of war crimes and aggressive land grabs

NPCism at it's finest...

It's real, it was part of some PR campaign to try to recruit more ZOG mercenaries.

Attached: v8tlJpk.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

Its just the Japanese equivalent of fighting a volcano demon with an officers sword. It only doesn't seem as stupid as anime gunships because you live among it.

They just did it beforehand and tried to do it after!

>NPCism at it's finest...
Feelings before facts at it's most blatant.
How about getting off your lazy ass and mounting an intellectual argument against my point instead of responding like a bot.

The British age of imperialism. Wasn't based on chivalry. It was based on pure Anglo greed and retarded island people arrogance.
It wasn't "chivalry" per se. It's just Anglos being Anglos. Something they seem permanently afflicted with.

The last man on earth who actually acted like a samurai wasn't even Japanese. Let's hope his loli apprentice carries on the way.

Attached: light rail avenger.gif (624x335, 2.06M)

It didn't die after WW2, it lived long into the early 2000s, with salary-men regularly dying for their company. Before the end of WW2 you had a whole generation of soldiers, these men went into the workforce and brought military discipline. In someways companies and schools are still run like armies.

But it's changing with this current generation, for better or worse. I would say Confucian principles and communal obligation are something inherent in Japanese culture, though again Americanization now more than ever is changing it.

Would a Japanese soldier die for Japan, probably most soldiers of any country would I guess. Would they throw away their life for no reason just to save themselves the embarrassment of surrendering, I don't think they would be as willing as they would be in WW2, but on the other hand, if their commanding officer said so, most would be too scared to object.

No, they did it in the 18th - 20th century when they conquered a 1/3 of the world. But I'm sure they were really cool about their imperialism and everyone was equal and no one died in their wars, right?
Fuck off.

Chivalry only applied to other men of the same or higher rank, and it was romanticized in the Victorian era. In the same way, the Bushido code came around in the 17th century after Japan's war period ended and samurai were basically turned into glorified bureaucrats and longed for the days when they had a real purpose.

Like you wouldn't go into battle with /best-girl/ painted on the side of your attack helicopter if it was allowed

Attached: Misato_Katsuragi_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34K)

>fokkin mullet

tfw no qt pilotfu

Attached: 1561152877561.jpg (710x750, 61K)

>misato
>best girl.
>anyone from evangelion being best anything and not a total wreck of a person.
Yeah no.

The concept of bushido had already been bastardized before WWII. What part of bushido involves sticking babies on bayonets or gang raping women? Bushido was lost a long time ago, just like medieval chivalry.

>fuck jews, I'll do what my jewish puppet commander tells me to do

Attached: 1554231376056.webm (1024x768, 1.58M)

All the Japs that believed in it died. Only the cowards survived the war

These pilots are total fags and highly narcissistic. Any equivalent would be like putting a fucking simpsons caricature of yourself on your tank. Fuck weebs

She may have been a wreck, but she kept it together when shit hit the fan.

No fag, the Fourth Anti-Tank Helicopter Squad has a four fictional sisters as their mascot. The girl is just cosplaying as one of the sisters for promotion. The JSDF doesn't just let you paint a portrait of yourself on their 11 million dollar helicopters.

>four fictional sisters as their mascot.
The fuck even is this, and why?
I dont even really understand mascots, but mascots are usually some dangerous animal or natural catastrophe. Four hoes?

IDK man, several WW2 British units in North Africa had a rat as their mascot, I dont think theres any real bar for entry for what can be a mascot.

Rats are sneaky and brings disease. That's admirable. 4 sisters just chatter about bullshit and pull each other's hair.

Am i saying a rat is superior to human females? You're godamn right i am.

The Four Hoes of The Thottpocalypse

Supposedly they represent the four aspects of the Fourth Anti-Tank Heli squad, or maybe because they are the 4th squad. Also none of the pilots are actually female.

Japanese mascots tend to be more fun and playful. It's a machine designed to kill, you don't need to mountain lion on it to make it seem more dangerous. To each their own, I always thought it was super gay to have a buff animal wearing sunglasses with a cigar as your logo like in a lot of the US military, it seemed like you were over compensating. Not that I would really want an anime character as my logo either.

Also Japan loves mascots, every city has one, its mostly used to sell merch.

>It's a machine designed to kill, you don't need to mountain lion on it to make it seem more dangerous.
You're missing out on the joy of hyper masculinity. Everybody knows it's retarded. It's like 80s action movies it so over the top it's fun.

Don't forget he also had the guys entire extended family executed and buried underneath a chapel he marked "Tomb of the Traitors"

>Rats are sneaky and brings disease
So do women

Yeh but that's are less annoying about it

kek

Loyalty isn't about the object of your loyalty, it's about the act itself.

How the HECK was bushido considered a national code of honor if it originated in the era of small family-clans feuding over patches of land and wealth?

Alright lads, what would it take for Japan to nut up and start militarizing for other than self defence reason?

Probably whatever is making them do it right now.

>No, they did it in the 18th - 20th century when they conquered a 1/3 of the world. But I'm sure they were really cool about their imperialism and everyone was equal and no one died in their wars, right?
>Fuck off.
This is true. English colonial hypocrisy was immense. HOWEVER, everywhere England colonised it left better off than when it found it, and it was by far the least bad of the colonial nations.

Question, why do the largest most brutal imperialistic colonialist nations Russia and Turkey get a by for some reason?
t. Not A Bong

Attached: the truth.png (756x2480, 2.78M)

Bushido itself was a meme coined by Inazo Nitobe because he was butthurt being said there’s no chivalry in Japan.

Nuh uh what about Mari?

Shes a nothing created to sell figures. Even shitty harem shows with rosters of one-note characters have at least one thing distinguishing them. Name one defining personality trait of Mari.

Why? Do you know HOW many US pilots painted naked / almost naked women on their planes in WW2 / Korea/ Vietnam?

A reason for it.
Japan has tons of softpower, a security treaty with the most powerful military in the world, and its neighbors China, Russia, and Korea(s) aren't going to stoked about Japan flexing its military muscles. Japan does have one of the top 10 world's military its extremely modern and well equipped even if their commanders would rather have a North Korean missile fly over its territory rather than to knock it out once it enters their airspace.

Bushido in the XX. century was a meme pushed by the military junta to convince dumb peasants that it's okay commit war crimes and do suicidal shit.

Taisho Democracy master race.

Attached: LeonardGSiffleet.jpg (1186x1754, 438K)

>JSDF did a goofy recruiting stunt
>this is indicative of its culture and capabilities

I fucking hate Jow Forums

Bushido isn't a thing in the JSDF anymore, but the branches' attitude to their predecessors shows a striking contrast. The JGSDF despises the IJA while the JMSDF loves the IJN.

Ok weeb

I think the IJN was just a tad bit less savage.

>people shouldn't be willing to die for anything except Israel

Attached: evil.jpg (1600x900, 547K)

You'd have a point if it weren't mirrored all over japan and so emblematic of nip youth culture. It's not a fluke, its a sign of an increasing trend.

I don't think you realize how stupid the concept is

>ZOG mercenaries

>JGSDF

I think you might be one of those retards that seems to be about so much these days

This is an intrinsically insectiod-slave belief. Men possess their own internal ethics and critical thinking skills and are capable of judging whether a leader or worthy of loyalty or not. Bugs blindly follow their programming and call it virtue.

Attached: merchantspurdo.png (600x563, 191K)

Bushido was more a set of Ideals rather than the truth. Many samurai would try to follow it but often failed.

However, keep in mind that Bushido is more about Loyalty than anything else. If your lord said go kill this baby a Samurai would be compelled to make with the baby killing.

dude...have you seen all those J-Pop/J-Rock tools flashing all those JEWlluminati-Satanic symbolism? That alone tells you everything. Japan is just as infested with the network of secret societies and pedo-blackmail as we are.

But then we have the opposite extreme the atomized-slave belief...(((Americanization)))

This is what happens to your mind on Jow Forums

>everything bad is Jow Forums
It's /x/ you reddit transplant

>AZ
I believe it, the sun literally fries our brains here

Very true his name was Tom Cruise

Worst possible choice.

People see the map and assume the brits were the worst due to the "literally 1/3rd the planet" aspect, but the excesses of, say, Belgium occured in a corner of Africa that to this day many people probably couldnt name. On the other hand, its VERY easy to name brit colonies. Even French ones. As for the Turks, idk there's a kind of separation between modern Turkey and the Ottoman Empire. real or imagined.

It's simply been re-branded as Moe

What da fuck did you just fucking say about me, you rittre baka? I have you know I graduated top of my crass in kamikaze warfare, and I’ve been invorved in numerous raids on pearr harbor, wake isrand and da Phirripines and I have over 300 confirmed kirrs. I am trained in goriya warfare and I’m da top bonzai charger in da entire IJA. You are noting to me but just anoder target. I wirr wipe you da fuck out with precishion the rikes of which hayve never been seen before on dis Earth, mark my fucking words. You tink you can get away with saying dat shit to me over da radio? Tink again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of kampeitai across Nihon and your radio frequency is being traced right now so you beder prepare for da storm, gaijin. The storm tat wipes out tda pathetic rittre thing you cah your rife. You’re fucking dead, baka. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kire you in over seven hundred ways, and dat’s just with my katana. Not only am I extensivery trained in most honorabru sword combat, but I have access to the entire arsenar of the Imperiar Japanese navar infantry and I wirr use it to its furr extent to wipe your miserabu assh off da face of da continent, you rittre shit. If only you could have known what dishonobru retribution your rittre “crever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have herd your fucking tongue. But you coodn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you buddadamn baka. I will shid fury arr over you and you wirr drown in id. You’re fucking dead, baka.

Why doesn't Japan have a foreign legion like France?

Attached: humanhelpers.jpg (450x162, 17K)

As far as I can tell, it's just fine to put that shit on tools of war as long as the pilots can kill effectively with it.

IMHO, every vehicle should have at least one racist caricature on it.

Attached: american-ww11-usaaf-b24-liberator-nose-art-artwork-dorty-treek-CBB91M.jpg (1297x830, 280K)

Whats racist about this?

portraying people as they are, and not idealized, is racist.... to these SJW commie pieces of shit.

vocaroo.com/i/s07ozRK6mt8E

10/10

Attached: Wobbie Grin.png (698x570, 271K)

nice

Attached: 1512878057694.png (1750x1750, 894K)

Based

>Bushido
>WWII
Not since the nigger Meiji put peasants in power

Attached: Saigo_Takamori.jpg (1024x1323, 373K)

Anyone can do that symbolism stuff.

Gone, because of . We made a chimera that soiled the aspect of a 1800 y/o culture. Maybe one of the reasons why the Middle East is so vehemently against us. Fact, IF Bushido was still around in any meaningful capacity, you would have never had anime or the current culture their today.

The sickass war tourism the Japs indulged in during WW2 has no resemblance to bushido. They co-opted the term. Nothing more.

>one of the reasons why the Middle East is so vehemently against us
The Middle East is against us because Arabs are inbred goatfuckers and Islam is bad code.