/BRG/

/BRG/
Battle Rifle General
21st century design edition.

Post and discuss the manliest of firearms for the faggiest weapons forum on the internet.
Accepted entries
Garands
M14
FN/MAS 49
Hakim
AR-10
FAL
G3/PTR/C308
RFB
MDR

How does it feel owning a 50-60 year old design when the KEL-TEC RFB is a 21st century gun, with a 26.25" OAL and lightweight design. How do FALfags even cope?

Attached: IMG_20190719_223023342.jpg (3288x2025, 2.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/821644438?fbclid=IwAR3VcZxwAKgN7HdsurPl1esfwgudn6ZLKUEll3hU0AJ7DxJ5x-ROQ69ix0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Old thread

I'd like to petition for old BM-59s and conversions to be added, but not that cheap JRA garbage that they had to pull.

BM-59 is almost exactly the same as an m1 garand. Also what's wrong with the JRAs? I thought about getting one but I've been buying too much milsurp lately

Attached: IMG_20190714_223354680.jpg (1968x3734, 2.35M)

Not exactly- changes to the OP rod and bolt face really do make them diff guns. The JRA BMs have bad reciever casting and the OP rods jump the track - it's so bad the advertising JRA paid for said wait until they have a product improved Gen II.

howdy

Attached: 3650a.jpg (2000x703, 390K)

sup, unwealthy homosexuals

Attached: 66785203_332227177719127_664812846671986688_n.jpg (2048x891, 277K)

I want to get a Springfield M1A Socom rifle

Attached: fun.png (1200x306, 219K)

Are they reliable?

So I had a very, very bad idea that would probably result in either an abomination or the peak of asthetics. Wood handguard and a collapsing stock on a PTR. Also how heavy are those things anyway? I imagine much lighter than standard stocks but how much so?

Looking for a rail for my L1A1; anyone have any experience with either the VLTOR or DSA M-LOK offerings?

What if I fake it till I make it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-233251.png (1500x720, 881K)

Is that a fucking PSG1 clone???

>Psg1, what made up bullshit gun is that!?
Has these weird steel bar like things welded to both sides of receiver. Can't put my collapsible stock on it cause those bars block the grooves. Debating if I should grind them off with cutting wheel.

That's miraculous. I've been looking at Hk G3's to build one for my dying dad and gift it to him. He's always wanted a Psg or an old production Python.

Everyday without a Bren 2 BR is suffering, I wish I could afford it :(

Attached: 6268361A-DE7E-48BB-8E05-2312DA5B6149.png (583x482, 119K)

Aw. It's actually just an okay hack job. The shell deflector was welded in wrong place and too far back. Was also built on one of the older St Albans century stainless steel cast G3 receivers. The original owner added the enforcement bars. So it's solid and doesn't flex. Original euro barrel. Original owner only put few rounds in it cause it kept jamming. They heard the new c308 were having issues and he thought since it looked like those and said century, must be same thing so got it super cheap.... Trigger pack wasn't seater properly which was why it jammed.

Is the RFB actually a viable option, or just a fun space blaster?

>no SR25

FIGHT ME

Attached: 619e8854bab2fda3769c78fd1fd68613.jpg (1800x1000, 162K)

How does this actually shoot when you're at 500m or +?

Is it easy to stay on target? Does the recoil feel different than say a FAL or AR10?

I am in Alaska currently, and want to buy a long gun. Currently all I have is a .458 Socom AR and 10mm Glawk

PROBABLY TO MAKE THE RECEIVER STURDIER? JUST A THOT?

IF YOU WANT IT AS A SNIPER, I WOULD KEEP THE SUPPORTS IN.

Attached: 1561688768089.jpg (1280x857, 230K)

My father has one of these, I've never shot it though

It exists but as you can plainly see with your own fucking eyeballs, it’s not a clone of a PSG1

Thanks for baking. Also I think it's thread #30

The only BR that has any claim to being more manly than the FAL is the Garand. But that's long action.
Are you actually going to be doming ruminants at 500y? I figured it was 100y shots in dense conifer forests like here in ME.

Attached: dayattheoffice.jpg (720x960, 99K)

OP here. Mines been 100 percent reliable with my suppressor on. I've never shot it unsuppressed so I can't tell you about that. I get around 2moa with Monarch steel case from Academy, and usually 1moa with high quality ammo like Hornady or Federal. Recoil is fairly soft, but again I've only used it suppressed. All the negative stuff online seems to be from people that don't realize you have to set the gas system for what you're shooting. Fudds and spergs can't handle anything more complex than a safety and a charging handle.

yeah because those are fucking gay just like you

wrong pic sorry

Attached: spread.jpg (960x720, 107K)

HK Mp5a5 22?

Plan on adding to it? I've been wanting the wood grip, german optic and lower to start off, but they're stupid expensive.

More like an MSG90 clone.

Based OP and image
>tfw no glamor shots of my bullpup yet

I figured as much, thankfully I'm not retarded. Well not entirely at least.

I'd probably only do the wood grip and a Psg1 or msg90 lower and trigger pack if I could ever find one. Out of price range for a bit. Medical and funeral from son. :/

This though. Bought mine used and it still eats M80 like it's nothing. Only problems are with a sticky Keltec mag follower.

Its a 1 MOA gun. It took a long time and a lot of money to get there.

I am heavily debating getting an RDB or to save up some more and get an RFB. I like the functional design of the RDB more, and have heard a few rumors of kek tek scaling it up to .308, but I have no idea when or if that'll ever happen. Anybody have a clue as to what's going on over there?
Either way, it's gonna be a while before I have the cash to blow for any of these options.

>agent orange
>that old band?

list is missing the best battle rifle

Attached: scar lmt.jpg (1915x1293, 889K)

>I like the functional design of the RDB more, and have heard a few rumors of kek tek scaling it up to .308, but I have no idea when or if that'll ever happen.

Same here. An RDB Hunter in .308 would be badass.

Leaf here, want to build an M1 Garand from a receiver and parts kit, never built anything before... what am I in for?

A WHOLE LOTTA FUKKEN FUN

The PTRs are already not that heavy, I would mostly dread shooting one with anything but a fixed stock as the ergonomics are already not good. That said, I would go with black furniture for peak aesthetic.

Attached: C0FD106A-7E22-4E92-A7AB-101523F9946E.jpg (1000x341, 76K)

RIP in peace

>Best battle Rifle
>2x the price is should be for an unreliable piece of memeware
Bren 2 BR will blow it out of the water and Dab on SOCOM larpers everywhere.

KEL-TEC has said they are gonna make a wood RDB. Never happened. A 32" barrel RFB. Never happened. A 6.5 Grendel RDB. Never happened. .300 AAC RDB. Never happened. Drop in caliber conversions for both rifles. Never happened. KEL-TEC only makes guns when they have the money on hand, George kelgren says he will never go into debt to make anything, and I don't blame him after he's been fucked over like he's been. Look him up. Anyway you just gotta appreciate what KEL-TEC has right now, and not hold your breath for what they have promised

Meat masher stock isn't that bad.... Just expect a bruised and ugly shoulder that looks like had a meat masher to it after you shoot 100 rounds

The RDB ejection system sucks ass. It drops hot brass onto your plate carrier, pants and feet as well as if you get shit up into it the bolt can be blocked from cycling backwards.

The RFB nonchalantly slides brass out in front of you and doesn't suffer from the issue above. It's also real fucking NATO absolutely superior. You can grab them for $1200-$1400 depending on how good of a deal you can find.

>leave manufacturer barcode sticker in gun.

ok safequeens

Oh, fuck. Sorry, broseph. Condolences.

Morning boys

Attached: PSX_20190720_021546.jpg (3024x3780, 3.65M)

>coniferous forests
The thing you have to know about Alaska, is that if you're not on a mountain, you're in a swamp. It might be a frozen swamp, but a swamp nonetheless. As you go further north, the permafrost starts, and the trees end. I love Alaska.

>Bren 2 BR
Probably not coming to us peasantry/civilian hands for a few years.
Setting aside all Gucci-fag versus poor-fag name calling; How is the SCAR-17? What are some necessary upgrades, or is the gun G2G in its stock configuration?

Attached: Chelsea_1.jpg (3159x3024, 2.61M)

A lot more could and should be on that list.

SIG AMT
SAN 751
B&T APC-308
FN FNAR
FN SCAR
Robinson Armament XCR-M
DRF Paratus
Holloway HAC-7
K&M M17S308
IWI Galil Ace-52
Beretta BM59 (not the reprods)

Attached: EADA47BB-B048-4BD4-981E-EA475F1A9FC5.jpg (1921x1280, 591K)

Hey /brg/, I finally got my Garand back from the gunsmith with a new criterion barrel. The old shot out Winchester barrel hangs in the gun room, and now she is accurate as hell. Stays on a 6 inch plate at 200 yards and I can get rounds touching groups at 75 yards. I'm taking her to a 1000 yard range tomorrow. Thanks to the niggers who told me to stop being a fag and just rebarrel it.

Attached: shit barrel.jpg (730x1174, 467K)

DRD Paratus*

Definitely need the Geissele trigger to replace the stock one. Also people do replace the grip but I dont have any problem with it. Other than that its pretty much good to go with the rest of it stock.

Attached: 53819530_282987909287247_5958401171893780480_n.jpg (480x640, 91K)

How does /brg/ view AKs in 308 and 54r?

so a PSL?

Attached: Pumpkin Spice Latte.jpg (2048x1536, 509K)

Stay in your space.

The Robinson Armament XCR-M looks a little interesting to me. Anyone have experience with it?
Thanks for the input! I also see a lot of SCAR owners replace the butt stock as well. Would you say that's necessary too?

Attached: Chelsea_2.jpg (3314x3024, 3.43M)

More like a vepr in both

What if I have other battle rifles to go with them?

Putting a dress on a man doesn't make you a woman

Lipstick and pigs and all that

Attached: bt8sJ.jpg (998x275, 139K)

Honestly thats a matter of preference. I personally love the stock butt stock. It does grind my gears when I see SCAR owners put the ACR stock and get the Kinetic development rail extension on their SCAR.

>can never own a BR in this shit awful country
>forced to use bolt actions

Why couldn't I be american

Attached: 1547378198286.png (750x750, 38K)

It looks like an *attempted* MSG-90 build

But the standard GI barrel hurts my brain

The struts are for receiver reinforcement and accurization

Honestly, the SVT-40 looks more aesthetic to me. Too bad they're north of $1,000 now wherever you look. I can't justify spending over a grand on a communist garbage rod.
Good to know. I would lean towards keeping the stock butt stock if I decide to get a SCAR. But I'm going to hold out for a bit to see if the CZ Bren 2 BR ever becomes a thing. It could become vaporware for all we know. Only time will tell.

Attached: Chelsea_3.jpg (3892x2563, 3.7M)

The XCR is basically a modernized FNC. Almost identical internals and the upper and lower even break open the same way as the FNC. Bolt face is basically the same. But it’s more ergonomic, has a fantastic stock, adjustable gas system, quick change barrel, monolithic upper, and side charging handle. They’re a little heavy, 2 MOA accurate, but they’re butter smooth and very reliable once broken in. They do have a break in schedule.

They’d be more popular if the owner wasn’t such a cunt. Their customer service SUCKED 6-7 years ago but is decent now.

i think this is done, got a can in jail now and everything.

Attached: Garden.jpg (2160x3840, 3.43M)

>can never own a BR in this shit awful country
>forced to use bolt actions

>> Why couldn't I be american

There's an immigration process. Come to Appalachia, we'll need you.

>Has no optics or upgrades of any kind
user I.

Attached: IMG_20190523_224042.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

I wish we had an XCR thread around here to btfo all these antiquated battle rifle milsurp fags and SCAR richfags

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-114903_Brave.jpg (1080x1920, 586K)

Buy one and post it then user.

I have an xcr in .223 and 7.62x39. 9nly because Canada has messed up laws and this is less restricted then an ar :(
Pretty good gun

>7.62x39 XCR
One of my dream guns

Attached: 1563499405727.jpg (570x500, 42K)

why do you like it over an AR?

In 7.62x39 its better than every AR rehash out there AND easy barrel swap to 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8spc, 243win, and other FACTORY barrels and bolts. As another user said here, it's as close to the FNC we amerimutts are gonna get at a reasonable price and much more refined and modular. You canacucks need to appreciate what you choose to comply to; if anything, leafs are forced to have more class without AR and AK faggotry polluting their gun markets

>muh PSA/ LWC AR is all you need
>FNC is just a western AK. Get a Polytech
MIC cock slurping, milsurp fag boomers will be the first to hang. Both designs are antiquated af and FNCs, Daewoos, Sig 550s, ACRs, SCARs, and XCRs among other AR-18 descendants are leagues better with dozens of micro-improvements in ergonomics, reliability, and modularity that sum up to no contest machines better than ARs and AKs, which only have widespread iconology and cost going for them at this point which only appeals to Marxist poorfags and drug dealing AIDS niggers.

Attached: 1563549862733.png (544x572, 224K)

Cozy

Attached: 20190608_103635.jpg (4032x1442, 3.93M)

>rfb
Why though? They're a bitch to get the gas settings right for each individual brand of cartridge and the forward ejection gets annoying if you aren't constantly dipping the barrel down. I can't wait to get an MDR and a reason to use non FAL mags
t. I have one

Setting gas is super easy if you have 5 rounds to burn. If you're constantly switching ammo, write down the differences. I don't though, I hand load.
1.2 MOA is the best I can do, and I'm fine with that.
The forward ejection doesn't bother me at all, why would you want to constantly tip all the brass out? It comes out eventually as you shoot.
It's compact, easily ambi, manageable weight, good balance, decent accuracy, and just generally a good rifle.

I'm looking into replacing the charging handle and the grip. changing handle is too short with optics on, the grip has a goofy nipple on it that is annoying.
Other than that I'm happy with everything.
might get a suppressor at some point in the future after I dig myself out of the financial hole I put myself in buying the fucking thing.

AR 15s are COMBAT rifles. That airsoft shit up top doesn't count as anything.

In 308?
Gotta make it over there some winter. I'd like to drive the northern pass through Canadia but gas is so much more than just going down to NY and across to Detoilet.
Some day I'll do Denali.
Did you rebarrel it to a good caliber?
Is there a storage compartment?

I hope you're patient and willing to hand fit...

Well I COULD put it on my CC but probably shouldn't
gunbroker.com/item/821644438?fbclid=IwAR3VcZxwAKgN7HdsurPl1esfwgudn6ZLKUEll3hU0AJ7DxJ5x-ROQ69ix0k

>Did you rebarrel it to a good caliber?
The only good Garand caliber, .30-06

nice, what stock is that?

Spuhr.

ok weeb calm down

Be nice

I got maybe 700-800 bucks to put myself into a battle rifle. I was thinking Century FAL (imbel receiver) or a MAS 49(56). Taking other suggestions too, just anything but the G3 platform

200 more gets you a basic bitch DSA. 150 more to upgrade odds and ends to taste. Mostly just the rail if you want optics. It'll be easier to resell than a Century if you decide to do something so silly as sell a firearm. Plus it has a warrenty.

Attached: 96fe5ec09d493b95685eebf529869762.jpg (750x501, 58K)

You're right and honestly maybe I should just save even more for a fancy FAL like an l1a1 build or something

I can't, sorry

Attached: 1563093486051.jpg (640x631, 36K)

Opinions on the Tavor 7? I've really wanted a bullpup 308 for a while now. Considering this, an RFB or a MDR.

Truly want to go full boomer and convert an M14 to a bullpup with a kit but that's out of budget and unrealistic.

Attached: tavor 7 vb.jpg (660x334, 36K)

Can get pricy to build if you have to buy $500 in tools. Much of it is standard shop stuff like a nice vice and hand tools but if you don't have it, you gotta buy it. Plus the odds and ends like gauge pins for headspacing.
Inch pattern will cost more too.

Have money set aside for one. If they're not available by december, I'm getting an MDR. I'm sick of waiting.

Have an RFB too, got it because I have a FAL and I don't need to re-invest in mags. It's nice.

Not a fan of the Tavor 556. Had trouble shooting it accurately w irons/red dot due to how short it is. Doesn't take much movement to get it off target. I could just be biased as an ARfag.

(USER WAS SHOAH'D FOR THIS POST)

You can run it stock no problem.
First and cheapest upgrade I'd recommend is a grip change.
Geissele trigger would be next.
I think all of the rail upgrades are a waste, and I wouldn't recommend them.
The factory rear sight is 10/10.

>triggered by a sticker
larper detected