1911 thread

1911 thread
convince me not to get a delta elite edition

Attached: colt delta_elites 1911.jpg (1000x720, 312K)

I was literally holding one today asking myself the same thing

it wasn't made for 10mm auto and will wear out fast

thats only the gen 1

>10milimeme
kek

10mm TRP is a thing. So is a 10mm Dan Wesson. The only advantage the Colt would have is that you can call it a "real 1911."

you should buy a delta elite

this. It will retain value though which I might recommend cause 10mm might go in vogue again in the near future.

not even a "real 1911", that only counts for .45 and maybe .38 super, I feel less guilt for having a 9mm or 10mm 1911 if its not a colt

10mm is expensive, yo.

fuddy
five

Attached: k_friday2.jpg (3000x2000, 373K)

Cause this thing is a thing

Attached: 1006.jpg (278x181, 6K)

> getting a 10mm that isn't a glock 20
user i...

Even worse, OP isn't even considering a P220 in 10mm. That gun is the bees knees in 10mm; among the beesest of the kneesest!

Bullshit. I've got several thousand rounds through mine. ( Not a gen 1) including 1500+ rounds of +p+ handloads I hunt with.

Jesus Christ the depth of field in this picture is awful

But are they available??

Looks like I’m drunk

I know next to nothing about 1911's. Which is considered "better" or more reliable: a series 70 or a 1991? Or whatever the government model is which I think is just a series 70.

Series 70 is far better. Series 80s are good, and have a disconnect which is a good idea. The 1991 series was garbage, lots of quality control problems.

But they are still making 1991's. Without looking at the QA problems when they first came out, if one were to buy a new production would the 1991's design be better?

Here is some more info. The newer production ones are likely ok, but you should do more research first to be sure it's what you want.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/retro-gun-review-colt-1991a1-series-80-in-45-acp/amp/

God runs 10mm

God runs from 10mm

Series 80 sucks in trigger compared to a stoned series 70. The firing pin block creates inconsistencies in trigger pull. If you have a functioning grip safety it's just another part to malfunction that has almost no support. Most 1911's/doublestacks and 2011's are series 70.

No- it doesn't. Even stock (and we measured this carefully at our gunsmithing shop) the Series 80 gear adds about 4 ounces to the average trigger. The normal variation in trigger [pulls on 70's or 80's is greater than that. And- newsflash- the Series 80 guns simple worked a hell of a lot more reliably than the 70's. The strike breakers and supervisors who built those guns did a great job.

There's a lot of confusion over what '1991' actually means. In 1991 they released the series 80s with a shitty parkarized finish, a plastic trigger, plastic sights and apparently shitty QC (which colt was known for at the time)

Sometime around the 2000s they re-released the Series 80 Government model with a blued finish, anodized aluminum trigger and rosewood grips which is why people liked them in the first place. For some reason websites still have these guns listed as the "1991" series, but they aren't really that.

I bought a brand new series 80 for $750 for my birthday. I fucking love it. Smoothest action and best slide to frame fit I've ever seen on a bone stock GI 1911. The more I shoot it the smoother it gets and the better the trigger is. It can shoot bugholes if I'm up to it too. Great gun.

Is it worth the extra $300 over an RIA or Springfield Defender? probably not, but I wanted a blue bone stock 1911 with no beavertails, ugly novak sights or front cocking serrations and I got it.

From what I understand, Colt still makes great 1911s, albeit a little bit overpriced.

Attached: IMG_9885.jpg (4032x3024, 2.38M)

>these guns listed as the "1991" series, but they aren't really that.
Colt is probably the cause of that confusion. The one you have there is officially according to Colt listed as model o1991

I also have that exact model. Not one complaint. It was my first 1911, and I'll never get rid of it

Same gun but .38 Super

Attached: 2BA7C3FF-28B8-4BC0-8CBF-1C4D635F4BD5.jpg (2592x1936, 1.33M)

It's one of the most popular pistol calibers right now. Errybody is making a 10mm even Les Bare. It's the round of choice for bear country backpackers.

When was the last time you saw one for sale? 2005?

>Colt still makes great 1911s, albeit a little bit overpriced.
That has always been Colt's DNA. Going back to the Patterson and Walker. The best Smith & Wesson .357 ever made was nowhere near in price or quality to the Python.

No Wilson mags?

t. wristlet

40 bucks for an extra round? I might pop for a couple someday.

An extra round and flawless functionality.

Anyone know anything about the o1911c? It's supposed to be like a hybrid between the series 70 and 80. Lower ejection port, etc like a series 80 but without the firing pin block. I was looking hard at an o1991 but now I'm seeing these.

Internets a thing. (you're actually on it right now)

bullshit.

how are the sig series 1911s and how are the smith and wesson E series 1911s?

Trying to decide between the two

Attached: 1525672805773.jpg (707x671, 234K)

But Gen 1 is the only one worth collecting.

Attached: 1497197958104.png (446x456, 262K)

First of all, the feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. It's not going to have any feeding problems. The slide's been replaced with a reinforced version. And it meshes perfectly with the frame. The frame itself has been iron-welded and scraped down multiple times for maximum precision. The front strap part of the frame has been checkered to make it dig into the hand. That prevents any slipping. The sight system's original, too. It's a 3-dot type. It's got an enlarged front sight, giving it superior target sighting capability. The regular hammer's been replaced with a ring hammer. That enhances the cocking control and increases the hammer-down speed. They also reworked the grip safety to accommodate the ring hammer. Looks like they eliminated it altogether. This is a tool for pros. The thumb safety and the slide stop are extended to allow for more precise handling. The base of the trigger guard is whittled down, so you can use a high grip. And the trigger itself is a long type for easy finger access. The trigger pull is about 3.5 pounds. That's about a pound and a half lighter than normal. The magazine well has been widened to make it easier to put in a new magazine. The magazine catch button has been cut down low to make it harder to hit by accident. The mainspring housing has been changed to a flat type to increase grip. And it's even been fitted with stepping so that it doesn't slip from the recoil when firing. On top of that, they added cocking serrations to the front part of the slide. That lets you load and eject cartridges faster in an emergency. Whoever did this is a professional. No question - this thing could shoot a one-hole at 25 yards in a machine rest.

Attached: 1911custom.jpg (600x450, 95K)

>convince me not to get a delta elite
no. get one. fag.

10mm>everything else
it is not the most powerful. it is not the most conducive to capacity

but it is hands down the best pistol caliber ever created, and will be until firearms technology is revolutionized as a whole.

now get bent, homo.

not by any meaningful amount. besides, you get what you pay for.

just get a ruger. jeez

Instead of replacing the grip safety with a beaver tail (I don't like that look) will grinding the hammer down slightly hurt the function of the gun in any way?

Attached: orig.jpg (1024x690, 91K)

I'd just buy the short hammer. Looks much better.

It's the only caliber that can kill a God!

get a 10mm dw

Attached: dw (2).jpg (2415x1811, 1.2M)

>10mm
>not the most powerful
?

Wait for the Hi-Point 10mm Super Yeet Cannon.
Just wait it shall be glorious

Only cheap shit 1911's like old rock islands needed those expensy ass mags to bandaid their shitty build/spring issues.

Not even the gen 1. The preproduction guns had extremely minor issues and everything past that point is people not keeping up with the recoil springs

You can find them for sale pretty often, but the magazines completely negate the appeal of the gun. And the 1076 is better

is this normal behavior for a 1911?

>drop it like a retard
>somehow just dropping it from waist high manages to shift the rear sights like an inch
>bang on it like a motherfucker. no give
>undo the retention screw on the rear sights
>bang on it again
>starts to move after furious banging. finally get it back into place
>redo the screw without locktight. can't move it again

how the hell did the sights move after a short drop when furiously banging on it didnt budge it at all?

Ive seen a delta elite for $6500, no idea of the actual value

Thoughts on the ruger sr1911?

Attached: BEARCHRIST.jpg (620x349, 90K)

The force generated by the weight/height was greater than you banging on it

Attached: ace 1.jpg (630x466, 67K)

Yes, but your mom pulls the plug on your internet in the basement at 9 o'clock on a school night. 9:30 otherwise.