Is there a lack of perception amongst the public about war?

Is there a lack of perception amongst the public about war?

Attached: 1563625459063.jpg (624x480, 54K)

They perceive what the media allows.

That’s always how it’s been tho

World of Warcraft on Xbox!
World of Warcraft on Xbox!

The fuck are you on about?
>Is there a lack of perception amongst the public about war?
Do they not know it exists? Or hear about it? See it on tv?
Stop using words to try and sound smart
That question is fucking retarded
Your like that one douche who asked Elon musk that big boy big word sentence that meant Fuck anything.
Ok online mr philosopher
If you’re trying to ask why people feel less inclined to join the military like your picture suggests, it’s because there are better opportunities outside the military. No one wants to sweep a sandlot in Afghanistan for pennies and the gi joe motherfuckers that actually do want to fight can’t, because they’re weak as shit and the only way you fight today is if you make it into special operations.
Now fuck you and fuck your gay ass wanna be smart guy sounding sentence.

reee'd me a bit

What perception?

He’s trying to use he doesn’t understand to sound smart
>lack of perception
Public’s perception would have worked but that still has nothing to do with ops pic

Attached: C12D77A4-3CBA-426A-A4C0-B4F1C0FDB296.jpg (1242x1295, 248K)

The "greatest" generation had a single curated stream of information and no meaningful concept of what they were signing up for (I remember reading that the World Wars were sold to the UK colonists as the "greatest game of all"), so whether or not they would still have signed up had they known, they factually were not able to make informed decisions. Every generation since Vietnam has been treated to combat footage and photojournalism from multiple avenues and agendas, so while the public perception of war is still pretty narrow, they have a far better understanding of whether enlisting is something they actually want than anyone in WW2 did.

Attached: [email protected] (1200x750, 301K)

Many people are far more aware of what war actually is/means now than ever, which is why there is a lack of interest in (((serving))) and joining the military is largely a financial decision for lower economic brackets.
Video games are simply fun, most COD kiddies have zero interest in actually joining the military because they well know that being a grunt is the opposite of fun.
Every high school kid makes fun of the ROTC losers

If that is the case, how does someone draw a comic like that, presupposing that video games are less worthwhile than getting hit by an IED

If anything the lack of enthusiasm is caused by increased public understanding.

Attached: 1552348849.jpg (1024x1001, 187K)

This, we haven't had a real war in over 70 years.

Probably drawn by an assblasted boomer cartoonist who thinks that their shit doesn't smell.
Trying to explain anything to a boomer is like beating your head against a wall. It's a perfect example of what successful societal programming does - they were all raised watching cable TV to show them how to interact with others and never questioning what the news told them.

But didn't they live through the Vietnam war era? Or at least the Somalia shitshow?

I don't see your point.
They were literally spoonfed what to think by the government.

No, quite the contrary.
A lot of people don't want to get involved in another geopolitical debacle in the middle east or have them or their loved ones return home maimed or in a bodybag.

Did all the anti war hippies vanish into thin air?

They were also spoonfed what to think by the government, it's just that in their case it was the Soviet government.

Attached: yuri.jpg (480x360, 19K)

The anti war movement was not the result of soviet psy-ops. They may have tried to bolster it, but Vietnam was enough of a shit show on its own to draw opposition from home

Trust me for the average grunt on the ground in Afghanistan at least it was a very real war.

We have a much smaller military that is much more highly specialized. My battalion in Afghanistan hit combat ineffective due to losses in 2010.

Also you need to realize our medical support has gotten vastly better over the years. Lots of dudes injured with us in country lived who would of died in other wars.

Attached: 1538721543907.jpg (689x568, 62K)

Same. 120 man company, 7 killed, 24 wounded in iraq ‘07. We didnt have enought people to man the trucks, and they had me (medic) either as a driver or a gunner.

Attached: 1DEE1336-5D4E-41D9-857D-09F3A049606A.jpg (462x504, 25K)

Attached: lmao.png (618x466, 259K)

We literally at one point in Helmand made a cardboard cut-out and put it in an extra post at the PB. The COG would come by and "check on it" from time to time because we didn't have enough people to fully man all the posts.

Also, you just reminded me. Our medical officer who was like an O6 in the Navy I think got a kill on the .50 at the Casualty Collection Point.

I shot a gauy changing a flat tire because i thought it was an IED and he would respond to my “move along” signals. fucking whoops

Attached: F953FE61-98E4-402A-AB27-516F37E61573.jpg (640x496, 26K)

He did not respond* to my signals

It didn't start as a soviet psyop but they were the ones who turned it into a series of violent drug orgies.

Fuck em.

We shot several locals on accident. One guy was walking back to his house and happened to be between us and a Taliban firing point when they opened up so sadly we shot him. It saved our ass though because the Taliban came into our village with ~300 fighters while the bulk of our forces were preoccupied with a push elsewhere. The Taliban was trying to win the locals over too so they asked the leaders if they could attack our patrol base and the local grey beard said "No, when you attack the Marines they kill us too" hah. Killing that local the day before saved prolly 8-9 Marines hah

Based Young Ones poster

They are to blame for the boomers. So nothing they did will ever excuse this sin.

The American public is insulated from the idea of war so that the Kikes could peddle their endless wars for Israel without consequences.

>old thing good
>new thing bad
Is there anything worse than political cartoonists?

Anime "artists"

>xbox
That's clearly a sideways N64 with a backwards sega saturn controller hooked up to it.

How many of the rest signed up for PTSD-based disability when they got back to the States?

I cannot trust an info graphic that shows a WWI Doughboy with a Garand.

Total Iraq & Afghanistan casualties < # of people killed in Chicago since 2002.

It’s “by accident,” not “on accident.” You shot several locals by accident.

>Everyone makes fun of ROTC losers.
Can confirm.
Was forced to join and stay in JROTC, because of magnet program. Out of shape, idiots playing soldier. Just imagine if airsofters were a school program. The school rifle team only shot BB guns.

think about who's been at the helm for the last hundred and change years in the US. career soldiers, the sons of career soldiers, and the sons of the institution those children instantiated. and now they've fed my generation (late millenial 1992) propaganda.

I remember being forced to read "The Greatest Generation" in 8th grade like it was some sort of sacred dogma, and we wrote all these fucking papers and did all this classwork on it. Fuck Bob Dole, fuck John McCain, and fuck Tom Brokaw. My generation is teaching our children that war sucks did now-a-days. my cohort has seen to hardship of wars hurt us and our countries. and the Zoomers are even more jaded.

Stupid fucking oil-crazed old warhawk nigger comic writer, I'm not going to war until the threat is on my doorstep. Anyone who voluntarily signs up for dangerous military duty now is signing up to die for international interests that have absolutely nothing to do with the security of America.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

This.

The main threat to the US right now is the Federal Government, I'm not going to help them.

saved, but casualties are also very high now with lifesaving medical care (but lifelong disabilities i.e. amputation)

The anti war hippies are the ones who became congressmen and are trying to disarm us so they can rule over us.

not him, but you sure are a pantload, arent you?

There's no accidents with firearms. He shot that local by negligent.

You need to take a statistics class and learn about proportions and percentages.

ZOG*

*Certian politicians and the autistic larpers trying to bring communism via riots.

The majority of the fed is nothing but lazy bureaucrats who would rather just get paid and not do stupid shit. Or people who are so disenfranchised with the system they gave up on fixing it via cutting the red tape.

Attached: 1542435048480.png (200x391, 63K)

>World of Warcraft on Xbox!
>Playing World of Warcraft on an Xbox 360.
>That SNES consoler with sega genius buttons.
>Button layouts and D-pad are reverse
>fact the greatest generation and baby boomers needed a draft while War on terror fully voluntary.
Baby boomers calls millennials lazy and pussies yet they they are the generation let feminism get popular and want us to pay for their Medicare. You haven’t hatred baby boomers until you working as a nurse.

Attached: 81D4E57C-26AD-4727-B8A3-01C1705BCE0F.jpg (634x976, 155K)

reminder that the head of the ATF wanted to de-regulate silencers because it was a waste of time and money, and it never happened because elected officials were worried about the optics and re-election.

The U.S. government isn't evil, (there are some evil people in it for sure) but it's a fucking system that fights itself by nature to where nothing gets done or is done the opposite of the right way. And the majority of that is because of elected officials wanting to keep their jobs.

The L.A. traffic issue could be resolved with a few well placed off ramps and on ramps and an increased speed limit, but no politician will sign off on it because it "looks unsafe" even though the NHSTA has pushed for 80mph speed limits in that area.

Had a bud who worked for that state as a traffic engineer because of the pay. He's now working in Maine because he literally couldn't implement any fixes because of idiots being afraid of loses votes because of optics.

All public official positions should be term limited. Career politicians were a mistake.

It's working as intended.

Attached: scooby doos.jpg (992x1024, 102K)

>fight for people to have the right to do whatever they want
>upset when they do something you don't like

Attached: 6C9BED95F23741769B19DBB322992A54.gif (400x225, 513K)

We have pretty of based right wing politicians we just dont hear much about them today because the God King is in.

Anime "art" looks much more alive than classical art, and classical art, despite looking life-like, all look like mannequins. Classical art is much less expressive than anime art, as well.

Attached: 1562334131433.jpg (310x215, 11K)

The word you are looking for is degenerate, man child.

Anime looks much more degenerate than classical art.

Glad both of these brands are dead.

Dab on the Millennial's grave

Attached: dab bird.webm (854x480, 571K)

>it looks more lively and expressive
>is aesthetically pleasing
>that means it is degenerate
You must be loads of fun at parties!

Attached: 1561841053108.jpg (521x541, 33K)

Anime is a symptom of societal decline, just like you. Grow the fuck up child.

Day of the pillow soon boomer.

Attached: anigun2.jpg (724x1024, 107K)

>hurr durr kids these days with their underwear showing

Which declining societies before the past century had anime, and how are you any more exempt from being to blame for this so-called "societal decline" than the rest of us are?

don't forget most of the time soilders end up going home due to illness and food poisioning

Anime is a symptom of societal decline in the same way that coughing is a symptom of the flu. It might seem stupid and shitty, but that's the organism trying to fight back.

Anyways, about war, I'm told that actually fighting is less traumatic and awful than a Vietnam War movie, but more than a World War Two movie, and almost all of your time will instead be split between dealing with annoying officer bullshit, hauling boxes, and playing human scarecrow.

To answer OP's question, absolutely.
Then again you can say that about most things since no one can really be informed about everything.
I work in medical and expect to have to clarify misunderstanding people get from TV. Plenty of foreign nations had to change their emergency number to 911 because that's what their people kept dialing.
You can say the solution is to educate people better, but that's a two way street the average person isn't willing to take.

>Is there a lack of perception amongst the public about war
Going to need you to rephrase that or elaborate.
Old people bitch about everything and have way too much of their understanding of reality based on fiction so uh yes I guess.

Attached: fucking newfags.jpg (600x742, 89K)

Why are tv shows dishonest about or misrepresenting of reality when anyone with a brain knows a large amount of people think "if it's on tv, it must be true?" Is it some kind of trolling on the writer's part, or just ignorance?

Time constraints, executive meddling, (((them))), plot convenience (especially on the silencer angle).

Toss all of those in a pot and add "I don't get paid enough for this" liberally.

that is still one man dead per day.

fucking what

And? That's a very low number of deaths for a serious conflict. As another user said, this is largely due to modern medical technology and medevacs. Iraq/Afghan produced more amputees than WW2 simply because getting your legs blown off in the field in 1943 meant you were probably dead.

What's the ratio of classical artwork that contains levels of emotional expression and liveliness that a mannequin or sculpture isn't capable of, versus the ratio of anime artwork that does show emotional expression and liveliness that mannequins and sculptures are incapable of?

Attached: fresh from danbooru certified.jpg (1065x1200, 985K)

Still, it's an unnecessary amount of deaths for a cause that doesn't really concern the average US citizen. Why should US citizens die in conflicts that they can't say with 100% certainty "if i die, it'll be worth it"?

Its up there with sex an religion for westerners. Literally as much as part of consciousness as the need to have a poop

kys

Chicongo is basically Africa though.

That's an insult to africa

>defeated nazis in Holland
Doubt.jpeg

Technically no cause is worth it
Since one person can say it’s worth it while another will say fuck that it’s not worth it