Your opinion on the use stimulants such as Amphetamines to improve combat effectiveness

It is known that during the 20th century, many militaries have made use of psychoactive substances to improve the performance of soldiers, most notably perhaps the Wehrmacht, where widespread use of Methamphetamine under name of "Pervitin".
Even though many countries have refused, or not admitted this, we can assume that amphetamine is in use in many Air Forces to this day, especially on long flights.

What does Jow Forums think about this? Should this practice be encouraged to give you that certain edge over the enemy?
What about the controlled use of mild Hallucinogens to lessen the psychological impact that the horrors of war bring with them, or perhaps Amnesia-inducing substances..
Experiences you do not remember will not cause you nightmares after all.

Attached: pervitin.jpg (367x137, 6K)

Meth no but I like medical amphetamin. Used it about 80 times in the last 5 years and went 5 times shooting with it. Its one of these chemicals I would carry for SHTF

They’re fuckin rad

obligatory gif, also
>Hallucinogens to lessen the psychological impact that the horrors of war bring
Yeah... no way that could go horribly wrong.

Attached: bervidin.gif (300x214, 2.52M)

Not a great idea for basic grunts. Great idea for spec ops glowniggers

Amphetamines in low doses, enough to perk you up for the next 8 hours, are the practical limit of efficacy.
More than that causes paranoia, hypervigilance, loss of attention span, and great anxiety.(it would be hellish in a battlefield environment)
Multi-day continual use can make soldiers totally disconnect from reality.

t.stupid man that made stupid mistakes

>methamphetamine isnt medicinal
Explain desoxyn.

>amphetamine
>hallucinogenic
Haha what

It would be Something medical personnel could carry and dispense when the need arises. In small doses.
Would make sense, modern battlefields can be very tiring

It is when you've been awake for 5+ days.

never said this, its just easier to take Amphetamin and get sleep after work is done (or get more))

The problem is, whenever I used it, is that it would send my anxiety through the roof. But hey it beats being dead even if it feels hellish.

>implying this doesnt happen when you deprive yourself of sleep regardless
>implying conscripts dont do that already

Attached: notsmokingreefer.gif (240x320, 281K)

It's worse because the sleep deprivation hallucinations are dramatically enhanced by the paranoia, anxiety, and weakening mental state from the amphetamines.

Eugeroics are safer and more effective. They eliminate the effects of sleep deprivation, rather than just masking them. Even then, it's a good idea to only use them when necessary and sleep off your entire sleep debt as soon as possible.

Didn't the Allies also use amphetamines of some sort during D-day? I remember reading that they issued "air sickness pills" to paratroopers that were really some kind of stimulant?

I was watching a PBS historical doc on Pervitin use and then the allies response use of Benzedrine and they found the Luftwaffe used it in emergency kits only when it was thought they were all high during the Blitz. The German army after seeing the side effects began to restrict the use of Pervitin. Lastly Pervitin was important for the German Kriegsmarine when they started using experimental single person subs. I guess you had to be stimed out to get in one of those things.

Another thing was Gen Montgomery personally ordered the first waves in El Alamein extreme dosages of Benzedrine. So British units were tweaked out of their minds as they took heavy casualties bum rushing Germans.
The program concluded WW2 amphetamine use caused the first modern drug epidemic.

PBS doc watching user here, a German historian on the show said when he interviewed German army vets who had taken Pervitin they said they were scared because they couldn't fall asleep. They thought they were going to die due to lack of sleep.

Issued by expressed authorization only. Yes, stims can do a lot of good but they have side effect you NEED to manage. You NEED to let the soldiers crash and recover.

Main issue is that amphetamines can become addictive. Let them use stims whenever they want and they'll use them constantly until they run out and crash hard.

>Should this practice be encouraged to give you that certain edge over the enemy?
quietly, as has always been the case
it wasn't just the nazis

The rebound from the high would greatly effect combat effectiveness as well as morale

Attached: OH_SHIT.jpg (460x642, 60K)

>also
read motherfucker

OP mentions both stimulants and hallucinogens. The gif pertains to one, the skepticism to the other.

This. It's not a wonder drug and your choices are continual use or suffer the crash at the end. Neither is conducive to combat effectiveness.

>Pervitin not even once

Attached: 1494867207840.png (1280x2090, 569K)

The initial benefit applies to all your soldiers.
The crash only affects survivors.

So the fewer survivors, the more effective it is; pairs perfectly with human-wave attacks.