Federal Syntech

On my preferred range it is only allowed to shoot nontox ammo, Total full metal jacket plus nontox primers.
Now the Federal Syntech is the cheapest that fits it that criteria, is it any good?
What are other alternatives? (Going to other range is not one of them.)

Attached: xreer.png (1358x577, 1.03M)

Huh? The inside of the ammo is still lead.

The synthetic jacket is only a cost savings thing.

Speer Lawman? It’s TMJ with non tox primers afaik and quite affordable.

The inside of the bullet will always be lead, but it is encapsulated with polymer coating so to prevent that lead particles may tear off the bullet when being shot.
Standard FMJ have the bottom of the bullet open like in this picture.

Attached: 23.jpg (275x183, 4K)

>Huh? The inside of the ammo is still lead.
>The synthetic jacket is only a cost savings thing.

The full jacket prevents evaporating lead when firing the projectile. Lead + hot gasses = airborne lead.

The full jacket can obviously also be copper and it would work the same.

>the inside of the bullet will always be lead
Unless it's steel core or solid copper.
>but it is encapsulated with polymer coating so to prevent that lead particles may tear off the bullet when being shot.
It's still going to spray lead everywhere as soon as it hits something substantial.

Also, you can get copper jacketed TMJ.

Syntech is fantastic especially if you’re shooting competitions and don’t reload your own ammo. 150gr 9mm has been my go to for a while. Soft primers and good recoil impulse.

Yes but for standard pistol training ammo with steel core or copper solids are rather rare, arent they?

On the pistol range the bullet will go in the backstop, not sure what they use on mine sinceI never was there but the air ventilation system will be enough to prevent lead fumes or particles to fly back 25m to the shooting line.

I've shot Sellier and Bellot TFMJ nontox, and it is nice- easy to clean up afterwards, and I haven't had any failures. I've also shot Federal Ballisticlean, and it hasn't been a problem. Also, and a bit more expensive is ICC lead free frangible bullet (compressed copper tin powder). Again, no problems, reliable, easy to clean afterwards.

RUAG makes Syntox, but I've never shot it.

I've never seen steel core.
Copper or alloy solids are easily found. The aren't as common as lead core, but I wouldn't call them rare.

Soviet surplus can have steel core, mild steel that is, nothing armor piercing.

Sellier and Bellot has excellent quality ammo, especially in .45AUTO.

paint the tips of your regular ammo red

Get a .45 boy. What are you going to do when some big city negro jumps you? 9mm will just would the buck but a 45 will knock him over

Why hasn't another metal supplanted lead, a toxin, as the primary bullet material?

Lead is cheap, dense, and easy to cast/swage.
It's also not that toxic as long as you don't inhale or ingest it.

That isn't a total full metal jacket, the jacket is polymer

Wow legit the polymee jacket doesnt shred on its way out of the barrel, like on lands and grooves?

Wow these bastards are getting cheap.

Nontox .45AUTO uses small pistol primers.
Now tell me big boy, how gay is that.

>nontox ammo
>lead
you're retarded

All common nontox designated ammo has lead inside the bullet.

then it's not nontox

It is tho.

Attached: server.jpg (600x600, 29K)

lead is toxic tho

That is something we all know, but it if no lead is exposed to the shooter, this ammo will be nontoxic for him.

There is also ZINC TFMJ nontox, for nearly 3x the price if that helps your autism.

Attached: zinc.jpg (600x600, 29K)

Not him but its likely a branding thing that makes range owners and users feel like they're safer. I really don't understand why the conniption with the lead bullets being surrounded by copper is toxic but if I swap it out for TMJ or Synthetic Jacket stuff its non-toxic, obviously the copper isn't the toxic part.

Another part could be the primers, the primers could be made of a non-toxic contact explosive instead of lead styphnate. DESU most of your lead exposure is likely through picking up your brass as the insides are covered in residual lead from this explosive.

This is the same retarded shit that fudds often do at ranges regardless if its actually safer or not.

Except if the primers are still made with lead, then it doesn't really matter. Lead exposure doesn't come from the bullet itself.

Yes sure that is the cheapest and easiest part, of course the primers dont have lead, mercury, bor or anything of that matter...

well not really, lead is used because its cheap, if they're using another, equally reactive metal thats gonna add cost.

Common and cheap FMJ range ammo for 10USD a box has exposed lead on the underside of the bullet, whereas TFMJ are covered on all sides. That is more expensive to manufacture therefore you wont find it on regular ammo.

Yea but what is the actual exposure there? The bullet flies out and hits the target, whether its a TMJ, synthetic or regular FMJ that lead is still gonna splash off the back stop. I would still bet that the primers are different.

Sure however TFMJ bullets are more expensive relatively to FMJ.

That is what I pay for reloading primers
Nontox small pistol primers RWS 4066 = 0,41ct
Regular small pistol primer RWS = 0,33ct

that sounds like a LOT especially coming from target ammo that is like 16-30cpr

Of course the primers are different aswell, however if you have exposed lead on the underside of the bullet it is likely that in the process of shooting it out of your barrel lead particles may seperate or even evaporate seperate from the bullet and you notice that in higher lead concentration in the air at the shooting stand.

yeah

Is it an AI spamming these threads of

>IMAGE WITH WHITE BACKGROUND
>RANDOM QUESTION

???