PACOM: China Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile Tests a Signal to US, World

>Admiral warns Chinese military could overtake U.S. military in next decade

>China recently conducted the first test of a new anti-ship ballistic missile, firing a salvo of six missiles into the South China Sea in a threatening message to the United States, the commander of the Indo-Pacific Command said Thursday.

>China's anti-ship ballistic missile tests in the sea "signify that the age-old contest for control of the seas has entered a new era; the nuclear powered aircraft carrier battle group is no longer the dominant military force at sea."

>"China has apparently assembled a system of systems, anti-ship ballistic missiles plus the collection of satellite, radar and aircraft sensors needed to target them, to pose a threat to the carrier that it may not be able to defeat."

freebeacon.com/national-security/pacom-china-anti-ship-ballistic-missile-tests-a-signal-to-us-world/

Attached: 232622vy5gqqmyqg6qzz55.jpg (2000x1033, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldview.stratfor.com/article/geopolitics-united-states-part-1-inevitable-empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If we don't have dominion of the seas then soccer mom's wont be able to buy overprice washing machines from Korea.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (400x400, 28K)

As much as you think that is a joke it is vital national security that we ensure shipping lanes remain open.

Nah, I've had it with free trade.

>"signify that the age-old contest for control of the seas has entered a new era; the nuclear powered aircraft carrier battle group is no longer the dominant military force at sea."

Which is exactly why the Chinese are trying to build as many aircraft carriers as they can.

Attached: 1517899003706.jpg (1199x831, 133K)

That's for the Post American era.

Why is nobody building ships that fire ASBMs? Italy proved you can slap ballistic missiles on a cruiser or destroyer.

The Type 055 will be armed with ASBMs.

Attached: 055 AShBM.jpg (746x900, 99K)

Because ASBM's are huge and have shit accuracy.

Yup. Active guidance while your sensors are encased in a plasma sheath is a real bitch.

Because like Russia’s Shipwreck missiles, any OTH missile that has to go fast and/or high over extremely long ranges needs to be massive, and won’t fit in a standard VLS cell.

Dont know how you can equate constant aggressive military posturing JUST outside a nations territorial waters against any country who does not let American corporations rape their assholes freely with national security and ensuring shipping lanes remain open as if there is anything preventing them from doing so.

From US navy ships ramming Soviet vessels in the black sea during the cold war to constant fuckery in the Persian gulf shooting down passenger jets and drones its pretty clear who the aggressors are in all these incidents.

But shit whatever way you want to rationalise it is fine

Italy designed a cruiser to carry fucking Polaris missiles

So what you're saying is America should build giant nuclear battlecruisers like the Kirov to carry ASBMs

Because I'm hearing "build giant nuclear battlecruisers"

>Testing missile shooting in opposite direction of USA 10.000 miles away
>"in a threatening message to the United States"

Why do american "journalists" keep doing this?

Attached: communicating through plasma sheath.jpg (640x617, 69K)

All people who can defend themselves are a threat to the US.

>America designs a new missile system specifically designed to counter Chinese carriers
>Tests it off the East Coast
>wtf why does china care it's not even the same ocean
The system is the threat, moron, not where it's fired

Since when do the Chinese complain about tests far away from them?

Buddy, at least change up your shilling OP format from time to time so it isn't obvious it's you.

>anyone who can meaningfully challenge american dominance of the seas is a threat to a foreign policy system predicated on american dominance of the seas
America is in the position formerly occupied by the British. Anything that risks making trillions of dollars worth of navy obsolete is a serious threat to American foreign policy.

Let me guess Chang, you think the South China Sea belongs to China right?

When you can feed your population you can start to worry about expansion and your "ancestral territorial waters".

Also, none of this would be a problem if China would have stopped ramming ships and building bases on Islands in order to pretend that those international waters are theirs.

Guess again because I'm not Chinese

1: Those aren't their waters exclusively.
2: US ships were rammed by Soviets in the Black Sea.

Didn't the Chinese spend a whole month crying because a simple French frigate defiantly sailed through the Taiwan strait? They got whiny enough that they childishly uninvited France from a PLA's anniversary celebrations.

Everything is a signal to these guys. How else are they supposed to test their missiles?

Recently the Canadians sailed a Halifax through the strait. Which is really funny, because Canada has less naval might than the US Coast Guard.

Sure thing.

>"look boss I told them I wasn't a chink! I fooled them"

Attached: asiankek.jpg (236x260, 20K)

No it wont.

I mean, if you're the British Navy in 1900 and the French come up with some whizzbang new ideas to make battleships obsolete, it's a pretty worrying trend. Whether or not it's "aimed" at the British, you've just created a massive threat to British dominance and leveled the playing field considerably. Britain responded with the Dreadnought and the battlecruisers.

The exact thing is happening today except
Britain => America
France => China
Torpedo boats => AShBM
Dreadnought => I can't wait to find out

No one doubts that the Chinese have a paralysing inferiority complex. It's the reason why their media constantly makes such cringy announcements of power and challenges to the west.

The only question is, why is the west starting to care this much?

>Why is nobody building ships that fire ASBMs?

because they are a chicom meme

See, this would be threatening if we hadn't just installed new laser based anti-missile defenses.

>this entire post

Projecting much yankee doodle?

Because they're SAM bait.

Photo is Nork misiles.

>your reading comprehension
I'm not even from the western hemisphere, let alone burgerland.

No, they are Chinese DF-15s from a brigade test from 2017, where they fired more than 70 of them.

Attached: DF-15 MARV saturation attack.jpg (1920x1440, 202K)

>70 of them
but the mutts told me they have only had 50!!!

McAfee has like a solid $25 worth of food, how luxurious

I don't see any pictures of you showing off your $25 worth of food

Your mom charges that much for 2 hours and it seemed a better deal to me.

if we don't have the dominion of the seas then millions of illegals won't have jobs cleaning shit and giving births to their kids so they can replace us and turn states blue faster.

You faggots should read A.T. Mahan, then Rules of the Game, then Sun Tsu, then The Prince.

Whether it is objectively true or not, it is a subjective given that the nation with the most dominant navy is the most dominant nation. The reason for this is twofold; power projection, which any brainlet can comprehend, and, more importantly, the fact that a dirt simple navy takes a minimum of a decade to build, another decade to train, and a third decade to refine... and that's just to play the game. If you want to win, that takes a century. The US is notable because it did it in 40 years, but they used the Not Get Attacked Ever cheat code in WWII, thereby shaving off 60 years. They were the only country with a functioning navy + 0 debt in 1945.

And about this "carriers are obsolete" meme. As someone pointed out, China is hell-bent on building them, to which some cock mongler replied that that was for after the war with the US, to which any man with half a brain would have to wonder about the logic of that.

Second, but more importantly, China has come up with a groundbreaking iterative model (not innovative, mind you) of permanent aircraft carriers, AKA the Spratley Islands. This fits the chink mindset. They aren't colonizers by nature. They do not project power, they condense it. Their iterative model only works for Taipei, Tokyo, and Washington, and only so long as women and faggots and coloreds are making the strategic decisions.

And, finally, I dare you midwits to try and read this: worldview.stratfor.com/article/geopolitics-united-states-part-1-inevitable-empire

Attached: Screenshot_20190216-005820~3.png (580x519, 393K)

>why is the west starting to care this much?
Because China has genuine visions for the SCS and other areas in the pacific. People would rather deal with a US dominated pacific than the uncertainty of a Chinese dominated pacific

based and 维尼熊pilled

>All people who can defend themselves are a threat to the US.

Well China is clearly no threat to anyone except their own civilian population