First Rifle

Hey Jow Forums I've been lurking for a while and was wondering: What rifle should I get to start with. I'm thinking a .22 or something like that and I have a budget of $400

Attached: Rifle-Image.jpg (500x234, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/specSheets/21182.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From first hand experience save a bit more and get an AR. I goldielockeds guns. First a cheap 12 gauge (too big), then a .22 (too small). Do yourself a favor and lurk /arg.

Get a .22lr with an assload of ammo to practice your stance, aim, and trigger pull. Buy something bigger when you have more budget and experience

Savage B22 FV-SR

It has a heavy barrel and a threaded muzzle, and is amazingly accurate. My friend has one in 17hmr and is just a hoot to use.

They also have it in 22 as well.

Ruger 10/22. The classic learners rifle

10/22
All other answers are wrong.

Whatever you do dont buy one of those Rem 957s. I saw one on sale for 120 at my FFL and threw it in when I picked up another gun. The thing jammed like crazy and only had problems, I traded it in for like 99 bucks towards a 10/22 and it's so much more reliable.

Marlin 795, 1000 rounds of ammo, a BSA scope, and a couple spare mags. You'll have enough left over for an Appleseed course.

If you're babies. AR is the way. AK in 5.45 could also be the way.

There are numerous .22 rifles. You need to narrow it down.
Semi auto, lever, bolt? Want optics, suppressor, other goodies? Want to shoot shorts or shot shells? Target accuracy?
Rent, borrow, go to a store and handle. Watch videos. Get a rifle you want.
Never mind the larping faggots who think you should be “training” for a gunfight. A .22 is the best first rifle; it’s fun, easy, and cheap to shoot.

>Get a .22lr with an assload of ammo to practice your stance, aim, and trigger pull. Buy something bigger when you have more budget and experience
This is the best advice. For the OP, who is totally new to firearms, a .22 is perfect. Bolt, semi-auto or pump action is irrelevant. The goal is learning the basics, and a .22 is the best for this.
>A .22 is the best first rifle; it’s fun, easy, and cheap to shoot.
I have a bolt action remington 581 that I use regularly, and it is still fun to shoot. I have it dialed in for .22 shorts just because I know somewhere someone is seething about this.

You're wrong.

If you're above 5 feet tall and a male weighing at least 110 or a female weighing above 120 get a 5.56 AR15.

I think I'm going insane. I am almost 100% positive that some noguns euro or maybe an 8yr old AI. keeps doing this shit. First it was which model of GP100 to get. Like 18 threads in a few weeks. Then it was lcr vs j frame. Now it's "first rifle". He can't even wait for one to drop off the catalog before he makes another.

Buy a 10/22, and spend the rest of the money on ammunition and a simple cleaning kit.

this

In Bizarro world, but we aren't in Bizarro world now, are we? Didn't think so.

>"but we aren't in Bizarro world now, are we?"
>he hasn't been paying attention to anything that's been going on for the last 4 years

Attached: if only you knew.jpg (554x530, 35K)

Im poor

Suck me fucktard

If you think this is Bizarro, you should go to Bizzaro world.

ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/specSheets/21182.html

this was mine and it’s simply the best. get a scope, suppressor, and trigger job when you have the budget and it becomes the best gun in the lands prove me wrong

Get the integrally suppressed 10/22 takedown.

eat glass.

Attached: absolutedegenerate.jpg (750x870, 44K)

Obviously an AR

Poorfag PSA for you sir

>22lr because it's cheap n stuff
Get a real gun and a pellet gun, even cheaper, can be just as accurate, can practice at home (yes some can shoot firearms in there backyard, I do too), can be similarly powered or better if desired, but this will increase costs.

Marlin 795
Tech Sights
2x 25rnd mags
Comfy sling
Plano hard case
Cleaning kit
1k CCI Minimags
Ear plugs
Eyepro
Should put you right around $400

At some point in time get you a nice Boyd’s stock for it.

Attached: B3295A33-A21D-4D8D-8343-2542D5B98F28.jpg (5154x2004, 3.84M)

This, I have a .22 for practicing position shooting. Thing is super accurate, great trigger, throw a cheap 4-16x optic on it and a sling and you are set.

>Get a real gun and a pellet gun, even cheaper, can be just as accurate, can practice at home
I use a rueger air hawk for fun in the back yard as well. They are great for learning, and at times hunting, but overall I would suggest anyone get a .22 of some kind to really learn how a firearm works as well as good shooting habits. Not that what you are saying is wrong, but I see it differently. I would sell this air hawk in an instant.

PSA ar-15s costs $300, excluding ffl transfer fee

Attached: we got one.gif (320x180, 1.19M)

Except after 1000 rounds you've spent another $200 bucks, while with the .22 you spent 20 bucks. Considering I've shot well over 4000 rounds of .22 this year already, I'll take the extra $800 bucks to buy other guns instead of worry about what others think about the size of my wee wee

Also, any real shooter actually respects the .22lr for what it is, it's only mall ninjas and muh desert eagle fags who I've ever seen look down at a .22

It really depends what you want to do OP.

is not an idiot. A good air rifle will teach you a lot if you're willing to learn. And you can practice daily or weekly instead of whenever you get to the range. Which for most of us is more rarely than we'd like.

A .22 is a great trainer and small game getter. And really that's it. It's a ton of fun. If you want the gun to be ready for Home Defense, a .22 is less than ideal. In that case, an air rifle and a pistol caliber carbine (hipoint 9mm carbine) is worth considering.

Savage combo in .223 or 308 spend the other $150 in ammo

get a Marlin Model 60 if youre looking to save money and get a good starter

CZ 452