You didn't pass selection

You didn't get that fighter pilot billet.
And you didn't pass SOF selection. So why are you bragging about being in the military?

Attached: china-j10-female-pilot.jpg (460x259, 23K)

All of the rest of the military's jobs are fucking "gimmes". Why would you tell a complete stranger about you being in the military when you have a gimme job?

Attached: Mikoyan MiG-29 pilot.jpg (634x358, 52K)

Imagine unironically wanting to be a pilot when there isnt a global conflict happening.

Because I was in the Infantry and I wasn't babied like SOF with tons of intelligence, limitless gear and funding.

Because I will have 2 retirements by the time I retire in 35 years.

Imagine unironically forgetting that bombs are still being dropped daily in Afghanistan after 17yrs

>be fighter pilot until your 30s
>get a comfy and well paid job as airline pilot

>And you didn't pass SOF selection.
But I did. It’s been pretty awesome.

Sour grapes. Now tells us how you totally could’ve, but...

I'm about to ship out to NFO training so, uh, I have a very decent chance of becoming a *sort of* pilot.

Attached: 1473057900444.jpg (3768x2400, 1008K)

ROTC fag here
Selected for pilot traning when i graduate
Jealous?

Not sure how its done now a days, but a vietnam era pilot told me he was vying for the coveted CAS propeller plane or w/e the fuck it was and he didn't get it. So what do you mean by "pilot training"? Did you get the cool fighter jet shit already reserved for yourself before training?

After i commission i will go to pilot training. I was selected as a pilot candidate based on a composite of my test scores(extremely high) and my performance during officer training.
The mission/air-frame i will get is then based on how i perform at pilot training.
Not sure what i want to fly desu, A-10, F22, F35... who knows

Hope you enjoy flying transports for the duration of your service

That, my friend, is the stuff of nightmares.

iirc aren't fighter pilots generally manlets because they need to fit in the cockpit? are you a manlet user, if not I got some bad fucking news

Yeah, there's a height range you have to fit in. I'm perfect pilot height (manlet)

Attached: dClqW.jpg (295x480, 94K)

Can't imagine its that bad honestly, you're guaranteed a cushy airline job once your out.

Because it gets me free stuff and if not respect at least this weird deference from people. Lmao, I don't even care about being in the military, from the inside there's no doubt 90% of the people here are abject retards with few better options, but in the outside world everyone has to bend over and recognize you so I get a kick out of how it makes people uncomfortable or interrupted.

Attached: 1442360444162.png (906x799, 672K)

I suppose, but it's a little deeper than that for me.
My father and all three of my uncles flew fighter aircraft in the gulf war. My grandfather flew in vietnam. I have marines and generals in my bloodline.
They might be proud to see me fly at all, but i would be ashamed if i didn't fly in a fighter jet.
Beyond that, I'm a bit if a hothead, and i think flying something big and slow would bore the piss out of me.

Attached: 8c3a40d4882122d7aa731dd0339f096f.jpg (498x768, 80K)

Let's me read salty threads bitching about muh welfare queens.

Attached: smug.jpg (733x695, 57K)

Because I am a sergeant first class in the army reserves.

Its basically the best thing ever.

>get shitloads of "free" stuff for both Jow Forums and /out/
>get free ammunition to train with on my own time
>Basically two weeks a year of service
>get to keep that sweet hk416 at home
>get paid from both the army and my everyday job during exercises

Why would I want some snowflake position in the army when I can enjoy both the perks from the army and the civilian life at the same time?

Crew chief here. The f15 and f22 can support larger pilots. The tallest I've seen was a col. who was 6'3". He had no problem in the 15 when he was a major, and then the 22 when the drawdown closed both of our 15 squadrons and made a couple dozen pilots switch over.

Transpo pilots frequently fly more in a month than the typical fighter pilot flies in a year. Plus your prospects on the outside are better.

You know damn well they're gonna make you fly reapers

Honestly I quietly disdain every man I meet who isn’t prior service, it’s like they’re a whole separate gender or something. Not a tranny but not a real man either.

Because I did a job that most people are unwilling to do, and not because you do nothing important, like a cook. I signed up with full cognizance to be infantry, a job where I put up with some of the most miserable conditions a human being can put up with, all in the face of the significant possibility of being maimed or killed. I don't brag about it, but when given the platform (like the one you're giving me) I will state my pride about it. I've experienced combat and been tested. I've developed, discovered, and confirmed the presence of a fundamental toughness within myself. So you're right, I didn't do any secret squirrel shit or fly airplanes, but I'm okay with that. I've been given experiences that I'll be able to take pride in for the rest of my life, born of the knowledge that I've confronted situations head on which most people will have to wonder about for their entire lives. I'm aware of the depths of suffering I can endure and keep carrying on, and for me, that's invaluable.

Betcha didn't pass The Underwear Olympics, fuck off

Attached: sgm-mike-vining-200-hp-basic-150-cause-unspeakable-damage-53885342.png (500x806, 186K)

Because I got to smoke towel heads, why else?

Thanks for you honestly. I wish more were like you.

Attached: E4AC4291-4095-4A3A-A1AC-C9C3A22DEC28.jpg (1000x762, 189K)

>Wanting to be the bomb truck driver against people that pose absolutely zero threat to you

I don’t brag in fact I try to hide it from everyone I could possibly meet. Only fags brag.

You sound like a faggot just based on how much you’re bragging about your test scores
You’ll make the perfect pilot

I try to temper my arrogance most of the time but the people i deal with day to day in college are troglodytes

>NFO training
I hope you end up stuck in the belly of a E-2 Hawkeye staring at a radar screen. You will never get a command even if you gut out 20 years.

>SFC
>Reserves
Not that I disagree with you, but you had to have been active duty prior service to be of that rank unless you’re the rare ancient boomer enlisted

>Beyond that, I'm a bit if a hothead,

So you're not at all cut out to be pilot, is what you're saying.

And the TDY's are better.

Enjoy going to the same 5 places every year if you are a fighter or bomber fag because they have to stand up a unit ahead of you.

AMC is where it's at if you are a 30yo boomer fag like me. Since we can carry what we need we have MX with us on every flight, and can stand up an operational unit anywhere on our own.

Fighters need to be somewhere? A 17 and 135 are coming along.

Need to do a heartwarming humanitarian mission like Puerto Rico's? Yeah you get to be on it (we flew from Savanah GA to San Juan and back every other day dropping supplies off), troop movements to the AOR? In and out in one day, whole month of tax free thankyou.

Half of the time when we work with reserves or NATO shipping their assets around we stay in hotels and collect extra per diem.

Being a (Tanker or Cargo) Heavy pilot is comfy as hell.

Sounds like the perfect gig, right?

Attached: 1551917207968.png (500x856, 191K)

Damn nigga, I ain't reading all DAT shit

how was your pcsm? i just took my tbas a couple of weeks ago and did pretty decent i guess

if it gets you benefits, then by all means mention it, but no reasonable person brags about being in the military

>implying you need to work for the government to endure hardship
enjoy your golden corral parking spot, nobody cares

I'd like to inspect her danger zone,, if you know what i mean

You cared enough to write a negative blog about the military...

Sorry you missed the war kiddo.

>one line response to literal wall of text
>blog