Is PSA Really That Bad?

I've noticed a lot of people shame those with PSA builds. Is this just richfag flexing or is there any inherent objective issues with them?

Attached: PSAPNG.png (350x172, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One of my psa uppers in the past came with a defect where I could not push the front pivot pin through to attach the lower. Had to send it back

Yes they are. Stop being a cheap cunt and buy a scar, poorfag

Most based gun company in the world trying to beat the chance of gun laws by producing so many rifles that banning them would be pointless.

How hard of a time did they give you sending it back? Is their customer service at least good?

>Is this just richfag flexing
Not even. It's buyers remorse from some poorfags who took out loans to pretend to be richfags. A majority of it is done by one single poster; not all, but a majority. He can't wrap his mind around the idea that a rifle that costs 1/8th as much is functionally nearly identical.
>or is there any inherent objective issues with them?+
If you get one with a fixed front sight, there is a chance it will be canted. That's about it.

Now, they aren't super high quality. You can definitely do better. But they're plenty reliable and accurate enough to make hits all the way to the end of 5.56's effective range.

PSA doesn't "make" most of the parts for the guns they sell. I'm not even sure what they do make, if anything. However, they tend to pick good parts and they tend to put them together well... That said, I have had happen to me, although changing the pivot pin actually solved the issue for me. Of the dozen or so uppers and lowers I've bought, I never had to send one back. I've also never gotten one that was unreliable. People who know about guns don't trash talk PSA. You'll only hear it from a select few gear snobs who rarely post outside of /arg/.

Did you hear that in the /arg/ discord? It wouldn't surprise me.

>Did you hear that in the /arg/ discord?
No, I just watched one guy use the same two pictures of someone loading a .300blk into a 5.56 to try to prove PSAs are bad. Over, and over, and over again. Strangely enough he was unwilling to prove an LMT would survive the same retardation applied to it.

People overspend because they think that the gear makes the shooter and spend money they can't afford to so they can "purchase" the title or reputation. PSA's are great rifles for the money and will do their job reliably and accurately. Is a gucci'd out rifle better? Yes, but not by any large margins, you get diminishing returns pretty quick on that stuff.

PSA’s quality control is non-existent.

That’s consistent with their stated philosophy of “shit out as many ARs for as many people as possible so they’re impossible to ban”, but you really ought to spend more for a gun your life may depend on- or use the same budget to buy a different kind of gun that you CAN rely on 100% like a Mossberg shotgun, police trade in pistol or SKS.

I personally had a PSA for my first gun. Roll pins walked and the FSP was canted.

Attached: D67F68A2-9F9E-4C2B-81AA-94450F7640DA.jpg (877x793, 114K)

I've owned 2 psa rifles with no issues after about 1k rounds. Liked them much better than m&p and ruger 556.

>roll pins walked
lol

love the "ur lyfe may depend on it!!!" arguement. classic Jow Forums fantasy scenario

It's not a fantasy but he's still wrong. Spending more won't get you a guarantee of a better gun. DDs, Colts, LMTs, they fail too. So go put some rounds through your rifle and you'll know if it works or not.

>I've noticed a lot of people shame those with PSA builds. Is this just richfag flexing or is there any inherent objective issues with them?
I dunno, I own 3 of them and they're all fine. I'm surprised no one also mentions Bear Creek Arsenal in the same sentence, as they're often cheaper than PSA, at least for complete uppers. Both good enough to shoot bullets at high velocity into paper.

I bought an 8.5" mlok free float upper with a lower parts kit.

quickly fired 280 rounds through it the first outing, without a single malfunction. It wasn't overgassed either.

Money well spent.

Short answer: no

> Is this just richfag flexing
Yea, for the most part. PSA is fine, their business goals are based, and some of their stuff is really great. In particular their premium line of 1 MOA rifles is nearly impossible to beat value wise if you want a sporting MSR for hunting or plinking.
>is there any inherent objective issues with them?
Eh, not really, but depends on what that line means to you. PSA doesn't offer a rifle to fill every niche, and while their QC has increased massively from when they started it still isn't anywhere near the best in the business so there are still very valid reasons to buy elsewhere depending on your needs. There isn't any reason to distrust a well proven PSA build, but personally if im going into things from the start looking for a defensive firearm then I'd probably lean towards a brand with a better QC reputation that has a well regarded general reputation in professional circles. If i can get even a 25-33% reduction in the likelihood of having to personally troubleshoot or send back a life saving tool(having to go without it in the mean time) then that's worth a good chunk of change to me, not to mention the damage having to do that a couple times can do to your trust in a tool. When human psychology, extremely high potential stakes, and preference come into the mix what's the most "logical" choice isn't necessarily the most prudent choice for everybody.

The PSA premium line is pretty good.
CHF CL FN barrels.

Not him, but I rma'd an upper from then that had a canted fsb and they pretty much just asked for a picture and description of the problem. They paid shipping both ways. Fixed it, but oddly didn't include any sort of document when returning it to me, just the rma form I sent in, crumpled into a ball. Weird, but whatever. Took like 2 weeks.

yes it is.

>Spending more won't get you a guarantee of a better gun.
Yes it absolutely will you fucking copefag. There’s a reason you don’t see CAG dudes rolling with PSAs or Rugers.

What do you even own guns for nigger?

Imagine being so angry that a cheaper product with a lifetime warranty is as good as your product with a limited warranty

First thing I bought from them was one of the kits where all you need is a stripped lower. Gas block set screws were not tightened on the assembled upper and oddly the Magpul trigger guard didn't have any holes in it for the pins. Second rifle kit was fine. I have bought tons of ammo and mags from them with no issues.

>Yes it absolutely
Wrong.
>copefag
I don't own a single PSA, I'm not coping with anything.
>There’s a reason you don’t see CAG dudes rolling with PSAs or Rugers.
Because they'd have to convince someone to buy them, over a Colt the military has already bought and paid for. Which ain't happening. An LMT NZ Reference rifle costs how much again? And yet they had to go and replace every single firing pin in them, because their QC failed. It can happen to any company, regardless of pricetag or what /arg/ says. The only way to know if your rifle is good isn't to look at the rollmark, but to shoot it.
That's not quite fair. That's actually quite common not just with ARs. Military issued guns and gear see much more abuse. Lifetime warranties would be suicidal. It simply isn't possible for major military suppliers to offer warranties like that. Now whether that affects your choice as a civilian or not is up to you. Something with a lifetime no questions asked warranty is rather nice, but understand they're only able to offer such a thing because they don't forsee you really using it hard.

Nothing is wrong with PSA, most people hate on them pretty much solely for being "cheap".

It is ironically a poor person mentality that dislikes things for being lower priced.

I've put 4000 rounds through mine and never had an issue but I like my friend's aero more

I have 2 AR's and 2 AK's. Work very well for the price. They are not as well made as my higher end rifles but I have bought 4 rifles for the price of an LWRC IC-A5.

One of the poor fag interns at my office wanted an AR15. He got one on PSA for $400.00 He is just as happy with it as I am with mine. If they succeed then banning AR15's will be impossible. What is not to like.

A guy was at the range shooting his AR build. He was nervous to tell me abput it.
It was a collection of parts including bear creek parts, aero, spikes tactical. It shot 1 moa. We agreed that as long as the parts matched basic military specs. Then its good enough.
If you use the right parts, and competent enough to assemble it. Then it will be fine. Unless its a sig sauer.

I bought a lower from them solely due to this.

Thats the entire point of psa. Its to give the average man a AR he can shoot and defend himself with.
The argument has morphed into the average PSA needing to survive a real life battle.
Guess what? When you fucking die. Your gun is still operational. So in all likely hood, you can just pick up some dead guys rifle and keep going. This retarded fantasy where you can only have the rifle you bought in battle.
Well, fucking kill a guy and take his shit.
Its worked for the vietcong, taliban and so on. We have all seen them using m4s they stripped off dead soldiers.

Don’t take /arg/ seriously, its bad comedy and 95% of the time filled with people larping as being rich the same way a ghetto person tries to flex how much money they don’t really have with gold chains and custom wheel rims on their car. PSA is for the most part fine, flukes do happen but they can be resolved pretty easily and quickly. Besides, their entire purpose as of late is to have everyone in the country own an AR-15, and they are making a ridiculous amount of them. Are they a super top tier brand? No. Will they be able to perform what 99% of people will experience well? Very much so. The only genuine issue that one can make with PSA and not be a dumbass in the same sentence is their QC, which has gotten much better but again still has the occasional fluke. Aside from that there is literally no reason to hate on them so much, especially since PSA wants everyone and their grandma to have an affordable and reliable AR-15.

Is there anything I should look out for on the pistol upper kits? They’re $279 and at that price I really can’t loose if it fires.

It took them over 5months and a few calls to ship an ‘instock’ upper

Truth.

In addition to "rich"fag LARPers, commies also hate PSA because they make right wing meme lowers. Granted, they're usually more or less cringeworthy, but the fact that it pisses off commies gets PSA a pass in my book.

yes,

Attached: 1554562766451.jpg (1440x1289, 255K)

My all PSA build has about 1000 rounds with no issues except shitty mags not feeding properly. It's just richfags coping because they spent 3 times what I did for a roll mark.

to be fair i wouldn't want to be associated with sarg'n either

No. Watch the Robski video on the PSA Freedom Carbine. Unless you get a rifle with bad QC they're reliable shooters. I believe the one gun range in Vegas uses PSA bolt carriers in their full fun lowers and they report they hold up comparably to other top brands.

It's bad PR for them.
≥"american ASSAULT WEAPON manufacturer makes WHITE SUPREMACIST AR-15, same weapon as LAS VEGAS terrorist"

>be me
>buy upper and rifle kit “on sale”
>1 week later combined items on sale for $120 less
>mfw

The answer is yes and sorta. It's mostly just shitting on the poors for lols but also PSA, like other budget brands, uses the end user as their final quality control. If it's broke you can send it back to them and they'll replace it for free. It's cheaper for them to do this than to make sure every gun works to begin with, because most people never realize they're broken.

If you know what you're doing and are willing go through the due diligence to make sure you didn't get a lemon, and to get the problem fixed if you did, there's nothing wrong with a vetted PSA build. It make take some substantial leg work but you can get something reliable out of them. It's not like their design, fabrication, or material selection is unsafe or objectively inferior to other low tier and mid tier manufacturer's, it's just that they're one of those companies where you can't purchase a gun off the shelf and have 100% confidence in it. They're not duty grade by any definition. They're a hobby or sporting grade product. The problem is that most of the people who buy PSA parts don't have any idea what they fuck they're doing and won't accept any data outside of their cherry-picked anecdotes. This extends to all lo-tier AR manufacturer's, not just PSA. PSA is probably one of the better poor-fag options.

I live next to one of their stores in SC and a good deal of the parts in my shit-tier project guns I tinker with are from PSA. They work just fine in that application, but I don't use their parts in the rifles I actually give a shit about. However I buy a good amount of chink parts too and PSA is far FAR higher quality than even that garbage.

TL;DR - PSA cheap with sloppy tolerances but OK. If you don't mind stacking the tolerances in your favor and dealing with product returns, they're a serviceable brand for anything but fighting.

buy premium high quality rifle then buy an affordable psa as a backup

Meh they're fine. The controversy is from people screaming THEY'RE JUST AS GOOD. They're serviceable, but not exceptional.

11 k on mine, majority steel case. Psa premium line. 15$ Amazon gasblock with utg handgaurd. Zero malfunctions.

Also 3k through a radical firearms 10.5 upper, one failure with Tula so far. Yes it’s overgassed but fun as hell.
Op, just buy one. The people who flex with expensive guns are the same fags who get new sports cars only to drive them 10 miles to work everyday. If it doesn’t work just return it and get another.

Exactly, if you don't have at least 4k in your 2 moa range gun youre a welfare faggot who doesn't belong here.

>Something with a lifetime no questions asked warranty is rather nice, but understand they're only able to offer such a thing because they don't forsee you really using it hard.
There was a thread a couple weeks ago about psa rifles reaching stupid high round counts being rented out at full auto ranges. They last just as long as rifles that are used by the military and sold to civilians for 5x the price

Smart institutional buyers source from the lowest bidder who can meet the spec.

why wouldn't you recommend them for fighting?

The fact that that faggot took credit for a Jow Forums meme just irks me.

personally ive never had an issue with my PSA ar15. and desu you can buy 2 for the price of a nicer ar15 which for bug out sounds pretty good to me. i wouldnt compare it to the quality of something clearly better tho. because it's pretty basic.

They aren't just as good but the lower quality is not going to make a difference for the ametuers on Jow Forums.

Sometimes. Sometimes they don't. Again, I'm not on the anti-PSA side here. Just there's want to say the reason big military suppliers don't offer the same kind of warranties as civilian ones do doesn't necessarily have anything to do with quality-just that things in military service can't really be expected to have an infinite lifespan, whereas the average civilian gun or piece of gear will be used significantly less roughly and less frequently.

Basically, the warranty offered isn't a sign of quality in and of itself. No one in their right mind thinks a vortex red dot is tougher than an Aimpoint. But the Aimpoint is the one with a more limited warranty.

No. They back what they sell, which means that if you aren't dumb enough to test shit before the next boogaloo then you will end with a good product.

Honestly they have treated me better than some gucci companies. Atleast PSA doesn't have a 4 week turn around on warranty like trijiconmen.

>and the FSP was canted.
Someone on arfcom posted a picture of his dissipator upper with a canted FSP, and now /arg/ thinks that ALL PSA uppers have canted front sights, not understanding WHY the FSP would be canted on a faux dissipator upper.

I've seen more fucky aimpoints than vortex.

MIC's use does not mean it's anywhere near best.

I've owned and built a lot of budget ARs. I help people with their builds. My favorite build has a psa upper on it, that came with an MI rail and an FN barrel. I bought it on some retarded cheap sale back when everyone thought pencil barrels were gay. It remains my best shooter. Can I speak about overall QC? Probably not. But I'm much more willing to first think that aside from buying the absolute lowest tier of parts and getting failures, it's probably people not knowing how to set their rifles up.

>the company didn't make a public statement that all jews should be gassed
>BETTER BOYCOTT THEM!!!!
Some of you people are dumb as fuck.

They're the worst goddamn company in the world for not doing another run of the snek lower.

Yup, 100 rounds in on my $300 300 blackout and no problems.

That is the whole purpose of PSA, they are not in this to just make money.

All in all that sounds easy as fuck.

Truly based

>They aren't just as good
In what ways are they not as good?

I have two of them. Never had a malfunction with either of them and i shoot tighter groups than my friend with a full BCM build.

>There’s a reason you don’t see CAG dudes rolling with PSAs or Rugers.
Yeah, it's called graft.

5k+ w 0 issues so far

PSA stuff is excellent for the price, they do occasionally have spotty QA but excellent customer service

PSA in a nutshell, occasionally you get something fucky, but they're always willing to fix it.

>PSA doesn't "make" most of the parts for the guns they sell

That is literally completely false, they make everything in house and part of how they keep prices low is their vertical integration. Source: akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356808 they evenbought a forge to make the psaks properly.

PSA is based, they aren't the highest quality but they're gtg and incredible value. You can get an ar10 from them for

No, they don't make everything in house. They make some things in house. They are however increasing the number of things they make in house regularly. They used to buy receivers from Aero. They make their own now for example.
>they evenbought a forge to make the psaks properly.
They bought an entire company.

You nigger, mine was a middy and I know it was fucking canted because I installed a free float handguard that goes around the FSP and hand guard cap, and the cap contacted the handguard on one side. Now that I think about it the whole barrel assembly may have been canted.

Wait, PSA makes right wing meme lowers? Holy shit, why did nobody tell me about this? Can you give me some examples while I go get my credit cards?

Attached: Dire_Yeet.png (493x493, 190K)

currently they're running a Deplorables-15 lower.

Attached: deplorables.jpg (1200x672, 70K)

I forgot that enemy combatants have a magic anti-poorfag aura that causes any gun that costs less than $1000 to dissolve when gunplay ensues.

Memetic occultism to help an Egyptian chaos god defeat the forces of Moloch was fine, but the BOARD OF PEACE and Kekistan shit always reeked of reddit.

But Ben Shapiro said BCM is the best.

How are the new generation PSAKs? Not gonna lie, I kind of want the purple one.

I'm building an AR now, boys!

Attached: buildthewall-10.jpg (2550x1200, 182K)

Biggest qualms with PSA:
>batch QC testing
The massive volume of guns PSA shits out means it's not really possible to check every major component they manufacture. More shit slips through the cracks than with higher quality manufacturers
>nitrided barrel treatment
Objectively inferior to chrome alloys for metal components which require hardness and are expected to have to deal with higher temperatures. Granted, if you don't mag dump it's unlikely to have any impact, but nitrided treatments are vulnerable to acute heat events. The nitriding process is a treatment rather than a coating and loses its effectiveness at higher temperatures so use your brain on that one to imagine what happens.

>Objectively inferior to chrome alloys for metal components which require hardness and are expected to have to deal with higher temperatures
With cheaper ones you are not going to get a quality chrome lining. Nitride is a good middle ground between stainless and chrome lined, offering good wear resistance like chrome lining, yet superior accuracy like a stainless barrel. Fact is you don't have a machinegun. Even if you do have a full-auto lower, it's a machinegun only in the legal sense. ARs are not designed for volume of fire and do not handle it well. So don't be a retard and expect to put 500 rounds downrange as fast as you can pull the trigger, and you'll never know the difference between chrome and nitride. Except that the nitride will be far more accurate.statement there

There needs to be some kind of limit or penalty to making shit threads, you fuckers for whatever reason get tricked into either complaining or defending this kind of thread, for literally no reason. I don't know what the answer is, but this is a problem with Jow Forums

It's called having a sense of humor and enjoying fun, I can understand this is alien to you.

>taking an anonymous internet bulletin board seriously
How's momma's basement?

Not him. That guys is tarded as fuck. Builds PSA’s on the reg, says they work. Then all of a sudden says you can’t fight with them. It’s the same bullet you fuckin retard. (Him, not you). Imagine going into combat and firing all seven of your mags and not having an enemy rifle to show for all that work. Imagine firing 1,000 rounds and not being able to scavenge a new bolt carrier. Some people are just fucking stupid that way.

>Imagine going into combat and firing all seven of your mags and not having an enemy rifle to show for all that work. Imagine firing 1,000 rounds and not being able to scavenge a new bolt carrier.
t. neverserve talking out of his ass

What’s wrong with my statement bro? Why don’t you correct me on where I am wrong? Weird you didn’t do that when you said I am talking out of my ass.

i mean it works so far for me

I didn't know you are a Delta operator user

bought a few PSA STANAG magazines for like $7 a pop that ended up working fine. Compare that to most stores like gander or cabelas that are selling the same thing for like $30 or more. I feel like that's the overarching theme. They sell cheap stuff, but cheap complex parts like uppers, lowers, barrels etc. usually end up like shit.

This. Go premium and get an FN barrel. The barrel is the only thing the high end builds have over everything else. BF Vegas uses PSA premium uppers and they are on par with DD and Colt.

>yes it will
>all those recalls of "good pricey guns"

You anons are doing your part right?

I get people too buy the $270 blems kits, holiday deals, whatever. Then I take them to buy their first lower, $40 locally. Then I put it all together for them, for free. It takes 15 minutes, and thats another rifle in another household.

Do you part.

GF3 passed Rob Ski’s torture test, only issue I can think of is something with the firing pin, but it can be fixed pretty easily.

Reliability wise. But FN does NOT have the same accuracy as Colt or Daniel Defense.
ARFCOM did a bore scope on each. FN barrels are not a smooth inside. DD and Colt are more accurate.

t. wanted to be a Hot pocket but not over 18

MFW Seal teams absolutely roll with Rugers

Attached: FF9FE780-8266-4F3F-8C3D-D9F4EB40D972.jpg (1024x696, 212K)