Can someone please explain to me why Americans like to wear these? Are they not a bit over the top...

Can someone please explain to me why Americans like to wear these? Are they not a bit over the top? Wouldn't you be better with concealed soft body armour?

Attached: plate carrier.jpg (1022x1024, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/UKRAINE-ARMY-MORALE-PATCH-3D-PVC-BLACK-SUN-RUNE-4-/143333309839
youtu.be/fuM5upj9oOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because we grew up playing counterstrike nigga

>he doesnt trust and use level IV plates
Never going to make it lad

Because some veterans never give up their past

They are known as "professional veterans"

Cause soft armor fuck blows

but for what purpose, in case someone shoots you with a rifle?

For boogaloo shit plates might actually stop rifle rounds which soft armor will not.
For non larping applications not really.
Unless you’re a fed, live in the hood with Tyrone and his Draco, or an American high school student, plates are just for show.

What are you talking about? I've never worn those. I don't even own one. Should I be wearing them or something?

>or an American high school student
kek

Yes, get some level IV plates

Attached: _20190720_173152.jpg (649x581, 95K)

kek

Attached: chris-dorner.jpg (638x398, 40K)

Yes.

>black laser cut PC
bro even without the patches you are cringe

because the atf isn't going to kick down your door with pistols

I like them in training because of the molle configurations

Not laser cut

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-173915.png (720x1280, 254K)

>Wouldn't you be better with concealed soft body armour?
yes

I wear 3A under the plate carrier for training. Depending on the situation, you keep the plate carrier in your bag so as not to spook the locals. Softie stays on in sleep sometimes, but most times just wear it under a collared shirt when you are past the wire.

nigga lives in the hood

I’ve transcended the outdate, and vastly archaic plate/soft paradigm. It’s pretty clear the future is going to be Graphene nanolayers implemented into /fa/ tier 3D printed garments. On top of that I’ve created a custom semi invasive implant that is capable of administering clotting and anti-anxiolytics compounds while simultaneously monitoring vitals.

>Level 4
Enjoy bleeding out from the second shot/anything stronger than .223 after your plates turn to dust

Enjoy getting penetrated by the cheapest and most common brass case 5.56 on the market, steelfag.

Ive eye'd plates at gun shows over the years, but never bought them because I know i would just spend at least a few hundred dollars for something that will sit in my closet...probably never used.

What is common III+ and how does it work?

What's the best concealable lvl 3a soft armor?

Yes, but there's plenty of handgun cartridges that defeat soft armor and lower rated plates

Attached: Screenshot_20190630-233552__01.jpg (1080x1760, 273K)

I have insurance I never use. I should cancel it.

Is that the same ginger faggot that injected synthol in his balls?

wanna know how much more likely you are gonna get in a car accident or break your leg versus an outright civil war?

Its a rather have it than not kind of thing, you know? Goes with being responsible for your own safety? And not have big brother government breath down on your neck constantly? Something you Bongs and Eurocucks missed entirely.

Where can I get the black sun patch?

>Not getting level 4 steel for the best of everything

>Steel
>IV
take a guess as to why it doesn't really exist and why I know you don't own it

ebay.com/itm/UKRAINE-ARMY-MORALE-PATCH-3D-PVC-BLACK-SUN-RUNE-4-/143333309839

As a German i also like to wear it, simply because i can and its fun.

Wearing these without full armour is stupid.

People will just pop you with a pistol carbine in your vulnerable belly.

Or shrapnel rips you.

The minimalist bicycle helmets are also stupid.

I don't think you understand armor
But that's expected

Attached: 1532713161543.jpg (650x412, 64K)

i don't understand the point of wearing body armor as a civilian. i'm all for protecting yourself, but body armor is objectively retarded. if the shit hits the fan to the point where you need body armor, you're better off avoiding confrontation and bugging in.

>nigga
nigger
ftfy

Attached: 0F70D189-27B0-4797-8D37-5DA59EBFCAF6.jpg (474x355, 12K)

I use them mostly for the exercise heavy 3+ plates plus side plates, kinda like a weighted vest, and its more comfy to carry a bunch of mags on there than stuff them in your pants pockets.

4'11"?

>larp armor is stupid
>hey bro, you don't know how to armor
is dumb af

Yeah.

You try to protect yourself from a .308.

But instead you are snuffed out by some 20 gauge turkey shot.

Nice ad hom gayboy
The concept behind ballistic plate armor is to prevent immediate death and have a chance at life
Also who gets in range of turkey shot lole

OP im going to say this in the most polite way i can.

Level IIIa is fucking useless you twat.

>calling someone who is observably stupid, stupid is ad hom now
you added "gayboy", which is objectively ad hom because I'm not a homosexual
what's it like being a brainlet?

I posted ad hom because you won't debate lol
Have fun arguing with the void retard

LOL not even the guy you were originally responding to LOL

>he says on a board without IDs
Wow, really got me there

just stop

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>What is common III+
An unregulated designation with no real meaning behind it, created out of target steel rather than actual body armor. It only sells because poor people think ceramic doesn't have multihit capability, and want to pretend their inferiority has an advantage.
>how does it work?
By sending spall into your face, so you can pay for your sins with blood.

The fuck it is. The only thing that's worthless is your opinion.

Have sex, incel
:^)

>fuck your knees and back amirite

Actuarially:
Civil war in your life time. 16%
War on US soil in your life time. 51%
Based on 1776, 1812 and the last bagaloo, and you have 40 years left to make use of it.

>i don't understand the point of wearing body armor as a civilian

I don't think you do. People who carry without wearing a vest that can stop their own gun are just cabbage tier larpers.

Nice

just when you thought this thread couldn't get anymore retarded this nigga shows up

Ignores the one a day mass shootings in public places.

It's really just a heavy tactical purse for hairy men with $15 tattoos.

post your PC

JPC 2.0 M RG with DFNDR plates on order
Not taking it out for a photo, so believe me if you want. Lacking on pouches, especially an AVS panel, but that's being planned out

Edgy faggot. No one cares about your hard r.
Hurr nigger nigger nigger God forbid someone use nigga for fluff instead

Stop being 'edgy' by using retarded leftard zoomer speak, it makes you sound gay as fuck.

>nigga
>zoomer
Nigga has been around longer than you, quit being a hipster zoomer larping as a boomer.

>australians cant buy armor

Did one australians shitpost go to far?

Would you rather have no protection and die you fucking retard

Attached: 6FE24201-E016-4B5A-A76A-CB54452261F8.gif (300x451, 70K)

alternatively

you can never go too far, only new boundaries to cross

Attached: australia bruce accelerated.jpg (1000x707, 376K)

>kicks down my door
>25 pounds of RDX and ANFO send them back to hell
Please kick down my door

Fucking sad how shit tier munition can do that despite shit tier materials used in munition unlike the one for military.

You're the kind of guy who says you should shoot someone who's attacking you in the legs, aren't you.

>Gonna be a manlet and buy me some armor.
>Wears it unconcealed.
>Acts all tough.
>Gets shot in dick.

Real men don't wear armor.

that's why they're dead and sqygoys rule the world

>hey I know that gay ballsack!

3+ steel is for wearing for training so the expensive lvl4 ceramic doesnt get banged up or sweaty. ALso makes the lvl 4 feel lighter.

You then lend it to your no funs friends in an emergency because they deserve what they get.

Attached: artofwar.png (717x365, 144K)

Exactly correct.

Not trying to be a faggot; genuinely curious about two things:

1) if ceramics don't shatter and become ineffective after taking a hit, a) where does that meme come from and b) what does actually happen?

2) is spall the biggest issue with steel plates (besides weight) and if so is this "test" relevant to the discussion?

youtu.be/fuM5upj9oOI

Full disclosure: I have a ceramic on the front and a steel on the back (from the company tested). I also never wear the PC without my softie underneath. I've never taken a round so this is all academic for me. Plus, I'm about to purchase armor for my family and I would really like to move forward confidently.

I'm asking in good faith, so I'd really appreciate honest answers.

Also, niggers tongue my anus.

>if ceramics don't shatter and become ineffective after taking a hit
They do. The broken pieces still stop bullets.
>where does that meme come from
Ignorance.
>is spall the biggest issue with steel plates
One of them, and if using less than level III+, the fact that m193 will literally go straight on through the plate.

So then with ceramics it is blind luck that ballistic projectiles don't hit the fissures, or is there something that keeps the shards/fragments cohesive? I remember dragon skin way back had some nifty property for continuing kinetic distribution even after fracture, but I could be wrong...

If it is purely ignorance, there should be some easy to find test data to rectify that. My perspective, and it's purely anecdotal, is that nü-military guys (2003-current year) prefer ceramics because they operate under the notion that they just get handed new plates when they RTB, and prepper/self funded guys prefer steel because it is cheaper.

I'm still no closer to a decision, BTW, but I do appreciate the response.

We found the fat kid that thinks people kill with rifles all the time

I've seen level 4 stop multiple 7.62x51 rounds. In fact, none of the guys I witnessed get shot in a plate suffered anything more severe than a broken rib. Plates are worth their weight in gold.

Gun grabber myth

I've never actually seen anyone but cops wear a carrier in public

Why do you have to ruin it. Just play along with the rest of us as we make fun of this retarded Europoor OP

dont send him to /trash/ we dont want him you fucking faggot send him to /co/

>all this talk of steel spalling and ceramic breaking into shards
Almost every big armor company I've seen offers some kind coating that either stops spalling or keeps ceramic together post-hit

Cost is certainly a factor. Ceramic can also be vulnerable to damage if not handled properly or past expiration date, whereas steel can be treated like shit and still work. Basically, If you have coin go ceramic or poly-carbonate for the weight savings, steel if it doesn't fit your budget. Any armor is better than no armor and there is always a threat that your armor wont stop (300 win mag black tips, 50BMG, ect.).

I run around my white middle class neighborhood in mine. Keeps the basketball Americans in check.

How should Plate Carriers be worn?

Attached: GRW plate carrier.png (854x954, 604K)

Over your vitals, specifically the ones you’d be hit in if you got Mozambique drilled on.

I wore a bare PC with steel plates that weighed 14lbs each for pull-ups in my gym, in hindsight I'm laughing because no one there would have known it was for weight training either way.

The top should hit that spot between your collar bones

Steel’s “spall catchers” get shredded after a hit or two, not reliable lol
That and steel is still vulnerable to M193 anyways

I've always seen this on the internet and wondered why people don't just sandwich soft kevlar over a steel plate. It would catch most of the spall, slow incoming projectiles and possibly catch any penatrations. Is this something people already do? I know I'm retarded but someone has to have tried.

I’m pretty sure someone tried and didn’t see a benefit to it, or it would be way more prolific than what we have today.
Plus it’s just adding excessive weight on top of already have plates for the category

>because I'm not a homosexual
user I have some bad news for you...