What's the difference between a $500 gun and a $2500 gun in a gunfight?

What's the difference between a $500 gun and a $2500 gun in a gunfight?

Attached: operators.jpg (960x639, 109K)

Reliability, accuracy. Possibly accessories.
Although a 500 dollar gun beats the shit out of no gun

You must be 18 to post here.

Depends on the variables of the gunfight. Distance, duration, etc.

$2000

The only thing it changes is how much money your family will inherit after said firefight.

In what way?

The former is being fired by a subhuman who can only afford miserable saturday night specials, and the latter a respectable gentleman of high repute who is protecting himself from the criminal predations of the former.

What if the $2500 gun is just ten hi-points taped together with the triggers all crudely linked?

>accuraccy
not necessarily. you're more likely to have QC issues that fuck with accuracy in less expensive guns, but if the gun is made properly it will shoot as well as any other in its category.
>reliability
generally yes, but again, not necessarily. I have a $400 gun that is more reliable than way more expensive ones.
>accessories
no. you can put accessories on anything.

I feel that was a legit question. in reality, there's almost never a reason to spend more than $1000 on a gun.

10 guns > 1 gun

Ehhhh you're like 25% right. If we take ARs as a sample, no Delton, sport II or DB15 is going to be anywhere near as accurate, durable or reliable as say a DD, KAC or an LWRC. In a 10 minute engagement, there might not be a difference but on a few month deployment, there would be a huge, glaring difference. Also
>muh all guns are the same for accuracy
Wrong. Ruger and smith use cheap ass barrel blanks that do not group well.
>muh $400 x is just as good as y
Wrong again. Money does not always equal quality but you get what you pay for in tools and firearms.
>accessories
Again,if you're having to throw more money at your base rifle so that it can take a light or a VFG then you're retarded and you should have gotten a rail system from the jump.

You'd be getting more bang for your buck than someone who riced their G19 up to $2500.

For you? Nothing. For someone who will potentially fire hundreds of thousands of rounds through their rifle during their career, often with supressors and do so in inhospitable parts of the world, its all the difference in the world.

>all of this smith hate

I bet you own a glock too, faggot.

>$2500 gun
what are you, a poorfag?

Attached: 56289334_2183309201790746_2803835046595990918_n.jpg (1080x810, 252K)

>paying $250 for a highpoint, ten times
what the fuck is wrong with you?
Go to their warehouse and get a bulk discount ffs

How much would it cost to buy enough hi-points to fill the average bath tub? I want to bathe in hi-points.

What's special about that gun besides the mags with a Democrat on them?

Probably nothing. I recall that Colt charges the government something like $650 per M4, so it’s not like they’re some kind of ultra high-end rifle or anything. The only reason that full autos are expensive for civilians is the legal restrictions on them - otherwise they’d be the same price as any other entry-level rifle. And Colt QC is nothing special. Honestly, the $600 AR you bought at Academy isn’t an appreciably worse rifle in any meaningful way.

A $500 dollar gun will be either a pistol, or a fly by night AR-15 that malfunctions multiple times over the course of a magazine. Like when that boomer killed 2 cops and fought it out with them with a cheapo rifle and couldn't finish a mag without double feeds, or when that guy with the budget dpms and no plates tried to shoot up a court house for some reason.
A $2,500 gun can include a lot of things. For a soldier, it's usually an $800 rifle with an optic, a PEQ-15, a flashlight and backup iron sights. Now, with discounts applied, it's probably not too much for the rifle a soldier carries, but for us, altogether, that rifle probably cost...

FN M4 $800
PEQ15 ~$1,500
Surefire Scout M600 ~$270
pressure switch ~$140
L3 EoTech XPS3-0 and G33 magnifier $1,200
All together ~$3,910
Depends what you're doing with it.
It's built out of parts that aren't defective.

All things considered, if you HAVE to potentially bet your life on it working, I'd spend the extra money to get shit that's squared away.

I've never heard of a PSA problem that wasn't immediately spotted and fixed by sending it back to them. A PSA that has been certified as not a lemon is every bit as reliable as a DD, BCM, LMT, or whatever other brand you want to name.

Those are airsofters

Well that's cool and all, but I'm not the guy arguing that you should buy a DD. Honestly, I think they're below the threshold they should be at for the price the want as far as quality goes. I just think you should build whatever AR you build for anything other than a rangetoy out of reputable parts and everything will be hunky dory. Just don't use the Sharps Relia-Bolt, because the tapered lugs ironically take away support from the part of the bolt that's supposed to push the carrier back from the barrel extension. Radian and LWRC lowers with refined ambi controls are still fucking god tier, though and carbine length systems are the big fuckit.

My sbr is on a blem psa lower.

Attached: Blats.png (2384x1104, 3.63M)

Based on what?

Not him, but the radios aren't mil issue, and there's a guy with an AK in the gunner's window.

Yeah, but inside every airsofter lies the heart of the ancient warrior. They may not serve, they may not deploy, but they face challenges the vast majority of other people won't and they deserve your respect.

I don't have an AR in my collection, despite having several other rifles of various types, so I'll take your word on that.

>big fuckit

Is that good or bad?

Is bad. Get ANY other gas tube length and it won't suck that much. Carbine is just awful.

>ITT people who think price = quality in the firearms industy
im laffin

Attached: MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg (636x703, 73K)

didn't even matter, because the police were too afraid to continue the firefight

Because some of those things would be negligible depending on the value of those variables. In a short (time-wise)gunfight between a BCM build and a pre-built Ruger at a 20 yards isn't going to present the benefits of having a superior AR if the lowest common denominator is still relatively reliable and accurate. But, once you begin increasing either or both variables, the better aspects of the $2.5k rifle begin to actually present themselves in an empirical way. With a longer fight, statistically your chances for a malfunction increases. With a greater distance fight, greater accuracy is becomes more pertinent.

Would still rather have a $2.5k AR don't get me wrong

To a degree it does but there are definitely diminishing returns in some areas and absolute money traps in others.

as someone who was born a richfag i was always fascinated by the coping mechanisms of poorfags

Okay, hello richfag. Don’t be mean to poorfags, they’re alright

User training

living and dying, all my AKs are preban

It's really annoying being surrounded by people who always have to justify their purchases and display their meager means in material possessions. They become delusional as they start to believe the bullshit arguments they make up to support their views.
>X is best because Y uses them!
when it's really
>X is the best I could socially/financially afford!

Why don't they just get real guns then?

A lot of people really don’t understand that luck charms cereal really is better than malt-o-meal marshmallow mateys.

>4 tone color scheme
Please for the love of God pick a color.

Imagine being such a faggot, you were born with wealth, but you waste it in useless shit. Go post your Gucci rifle in /arg/

ide rather arm 5 guys with 500$ guns then 1 with a 2500$ gun.

Maximum fucking cope.

This.

Are you more willing to trust your life to a $500 gun or a $6,500 gun? Fucking stupid question.

Attached: 015389BF-EFC9-451C-B285-FAC708931FDA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

I spent too much on my rifle but can't run a mile, the post.

Hey its you. The guy who's posted his MR762 like 3 times, first with no optic, then with the wrong optic, then with an okay optic; but still tries to posture like hes "le flexing richfag XD" and not just another poor who took out a loan. Still zero signs of use I see, have you even shot it yet after like 4 months?

>Difference between a $500 and $2500 gat
Well the $2500 probably has an optic that will lay into the dude trying to use irons
Shit thread for poorfags

The difference between a $500 nike, and $5 thrift sneaker is who pockets the profits.

All you need is a crowbar to sneak up on someone with a $3000 gun and then you can just loot his gun, ammo and armor. Might even get a gold drop from it if you're lucky.

Based

Hello, layman here. My first question is if you actually buy your gun in any branch of the armed forces. Second is that I assume the most palpable difference is usability over time. An expensive rifle is made with marginally better materials, but could be designed and tested better than a cheap one. If you are shooting a rifle a lot, it expands and contracts and expands again and again. And internally it's trying to explode when you shoot. This shortens the life of the rifle to a lesser degree if the parts are all fitting together and not damaging one another, even on the microscopic level. So it is also compounded if you are bumping it around and hitting the floor etc. Eventually it must preform worse, even if you can't even tell right?

In other words I don't think it really even matters unless we are wealthy insurgents or something.

Attached: 305px-Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-n.jpg (305x224, 32K)

What was that you fucking nigger?

Attached: 67C90579-1388-46E8-9800-24B8231C8275.jpg (750x1334, 576K)

>Hello, layman here. My first question is if you actually buy your gun in any branch of the armed forces. Second is that I assume the most palpable difference is usability over time. An expensive rifle is made with marginally better materials, but could be designed and tested better than a cheap one. If you are shooting a rifle a lot, it expands and contracts and expands again and again. And internally it's trying to explode when you shoot. This shortens the life of the rifle to a lesser degree if the parts are all fitting together and not damaging one another, even on the microscopic level. So it is also compounded if you are bumping it around and hitting the floor etc. Eventually it must preform worse, even if you can't even tell right?

Is this pasta? Surely you grasp the nuanced concept that some cost increases are for component or material changes (that may or may not matter on a commercially sold rifle), some are a result of different manufacturing techniques (cut rifling instead of button rifling, for example) and some are just marketing.
Personally, I use a heavy-barreled (not necessary for me), massively overgassed (also not necessary for me) LMT that, had I not got it for about half off, would not have been worth the money.
I also have a muh service rifle clone that I got for around the same price as what the USG pays for a rifle, and it runs flawlessly, even in adverse conditions.
Speaking of that, no we are not expected to buy our own rifles inna military.

Yeah it’s me, the guy who pisses in your toilet while you’re at work and doesn’t flush. I just thought most combat optics were universal in terms of application. Like you’ve always known everything there is to know about everything firearm related.
>pissing on someone for a learning experience as a way to cope with never owning a quality firearm
S E E T H I N G A N D R E N T F R E E

I understand. What I said was that the increase in *performance* was marginal because the measurable increase is what? Nothing close to even 5% is it? It doesn't "shoot better" or something like that to a comparable rifle of the same platform. So what I meant is that beyond relatively major design differences the main measurable increase is in the area of combat performance over time and durability. Which are more important by comparison.

It's experience that makes the difference at the end of the day. You might have a DD decked out with PEQ15, eotech, and suppressor, but if you can't keep your head on straight when shit gets real, it won't make difference what you're using.

Attached: 1563237923219.jpg (750x582, 50K)

I'd say you have the gist of it. Most of the expensive stuff designed for military service (I'm purposefully excluding boutique guns) that costs MORE than an FN service rifle clone will have an advantage over a poverty blaster in the areas of:
Accuracy that won't matter for you, because even lame ARs are usually 2 MOA guns.
Durability because SOCOM is very rough on their gear. This is actually worth the expense IMO but realistically you probably won't actually break a decent-tier AR.
Reliability in adverse conditions and when firing full auto and suppressed. Which you won't do.

Shit like overgassing and heavy barrels (LMT, DD, and H&K all do both) actually make the guns LESS pleasant to shoot at the range, and won't likely make a reliability/durability difference for you.

underrated

This
Also why doomer fags will never make it

>A $500 dollar gun will be either a pistol, or a fly by night AR-15 that malfunctions multiple times over the course of a magazine.
Maybe 5 years ago.The PSA fn uppers are good to go. I’ve heard of people getting lemons from PSA, but they seem to have refined their QC in the past few years.

The difference is the /arg/ tripfag with the $2500 gun never takes it out of the safe and the $500 PSA poorfag has practiced and gone through tens of thousands of rounds. My money is on the PSA fag.

LOL

JUST
AS
GOOD

Or any industry, if reliability is your metric. A Toyota is more reliable than a Lamborghini.

How come everyone assumes the more you spend on your gat the less you shoot and train?

>I spent $3k on a gun and I need to justify my purchase to random autists on the internet I will never meet

Attached: the cope.png (1500x600, 86K)

Attached: 1537023879932.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

I dont even have 3k worth of guns much less a gun worth 3k though

I need that mag.

between my $2500 Les Baer ar 15 and my $900 colt 6920, I trust the Colt 100% more.

>Poorfag cope thread

I wouldn't use Les Baer AR15s to compare against other brands like Colt or FN.

Because nobody here trains as much as they should if they took this shit as seriously as they say on a philipine flipbook message board.

You people run your mouth more than you run your gun.

Fucking retard.

It's not the expense, necessarily, it's the posturing that usually comes from spending $x to peacock to everyone else that you have kit and, by extension, must be proficient with it
I hang with people who put large expenditures into gear/guns and still train, but a majority don't and mine is a niche community. Most of the time people are fishing for IG likes or are Botkin and only shoot fast at stationary targets

larp

Why? I have about 50K in firearms. Spending $2500 on a Les Baer is nothing.

>you're right but maybe not. let me tell you why
>all unsubstantiated bullshit

Faggot cope harder

>What's the difference between a $500 gun and a $2500 gun in a gunfight?
The person pulling the trigger makes the difference, not the firearm. You can give a total idiot the best firearm in the world, and he would still do worse than an experienced user with an over the counter garbage tier firearm.

Wrong, actually. I've had more problems after fixing my Carcano than my PSA M4. I have shot ~530 rounds, the latest mag being a fundtion test after putting a cheapo MLOK FSP cutout rail on it. I've had 1 malfunction with steel ammo. I read reviews and watched videos about PSA's running steal and wanted to see for myself, so I tried it. It runs sensationally with any brass I've used (Federal, PPU, and Winchester). I've found that federal M855A1's run good enough for home defense as the houses around me are positioned behind 6-7 ealls, 2 being double thick in any direction I'd be shooting for home defense. But Winchester I've noticed is good enough for range time. I use PPU for cheap ammo when ai'm going out with friends and havn't tested its accuracy against the other 2 brands I've used. I've had it since Feburary and have had no issues.

Stop pushing your gucci shit just because you spent $2500 on a rifle when PSA and Anderson have come out with good qualityrifles that make it pointless to buy a gucci rifle except for extreme long range competition.

Attached: GheT1x1.jpg (1106x962, 333K)

>A $500 dollar gun will be either a pistol, or a fly by night AR-15 that malfunctions multiple times over the course of a magazine.
It's not 2012 anymore boomer

>Thread full of just as good posters and cope posters.
The red pill is the difference between a good $500 rifle and a good $2500 rifle is working on your own weapons vs paying someone else to work on them for you. The difference between a bad $500 rifle and a bad $2500 rifle is not putting any work or thought into it and balling out onto custom cerakoted m-lok furniture with titanium nitride coated bolt and not actually putting any work into it.
The black pill is a shovel in the hands of a good enough gunsmith can and will out shoot you.

Attached: 54.jpg (800x533, 165K)

COPE.jpg

They go down to $50 each after you hit triple digits so you tell me.

>no chest
im laffin

Op, if you shoot someone with a expensove gun they get more deader.

lol, morning fags.

You mean your stepdad bought you an AR so you'd forgive your whore mother for cheating on your dad.

You're not a warrior, you wouldn't understand.

Post guns, biceps or literally kill yourself.

Attached: FC3BFE2E-8F9B-4367-BFAF-DF1DFBFA4686.jpg (750x1334, 727K)

Okay poorfag.

Because it fits. /arg/ guccifags literally roll their guns in mud to hide the fact that they've never been used. There are a lot of people who spend so much on guns so they can say they own them and get buttpats for posting pictures of them that they don't buy enough ammo to train with, or worse they buy a ton of ammo and never fire it because a big closet full of bullets is more aesthetic and they need it for the boogaloo.

if your life depended on it, why would you not put in the extra 2000