Unpopular Opinion "Le Bugout" Autists BTFO

What is it with these idiots fantasizing about bugging out WHEN SHTF BRUTHER. Is this just another Boomer fantasy, or are some of you genuinely retarded?

Some things to consider:

It's likely that you, user, are in some sort of urban, suburban, or otherwise developed area wherein you don't have easy access to farming equipment and/or arable land. Sure, build your cabin in the woods and become self-sufficient; however, the notion that even a dedicated city-dwelling autist with Eagle Scout tier knowledge and a couple of printed PDFs on homesteading can just pull food out of their ass is absurd.

inb4 "Heh, have fun dying in the city OP"

Okay, so if you're approaching this Bugout thing seriously, you would need a car stuffed full of food, supplies, ammo, etc. The harsh reality for this brand of retard is that he's gonna get stuck on the highway exiting the city with a vehicle full of vital resources that he can no longer move but needs to survive as he is now too far from home. See where this is going? Furthermore, if you want to stand any chance of making this fantasy work, you would need to preempt the SHTF by quite a bit; you must be trigger-happy with bugging out, which means 99% of the time you're gonna get spooked and bug out because you spotted Tyrone's squad staking out the neighborhood.

Look, a true SHTF scenario is not gonna be some innawoods paradise and predicating your survival on that assumption is a deadly mistake. Be prepared, perhaps attempt to cross town to a safer location, but FFS do not bugout. To be clear, I am not advocating you stay near highly-populated areas, but rather that you consider the high threat risk of exposure that comes with "bugging out."

Checkem

Attached: 1*I2YA8HxO7H56lB8OE-KtOQ.jpg (2600x1719, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ready.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well these are generally people who suffer from generalised anxiety buying pointless crap gives them a little dopamine rush and the whole 'bug out bag' meme is an excuse to sell them worthless garbage. Same with selling them overpriced silver coins..

This is what is called a truism, most people have been saying this since Katrina. The only people who actually advocate leaving home during most shtf scenarios (disregarding mass flooding or quakes where the home may become untenable) are loner videogame/anime autists who think its going to be like The Road or Mad Max, the sort of people who desperately want to live in a world where their gear can be used as a substitute for social skills.

This, bug in is the superior option if proper preparations are made

Lmao I live on a farm you want me to post pics tomorrow? Tale as old as time, OP is a faggot.

Live in the out back of Australia. Every day is shtf. I go for weeks without seeing a single person. If the shtf I'd bug out ....to the city i mean nothing will change here it would just be boring..

>inb4ing your own post
Fuck off, leftist tourist

Having not suffered a war on their own soil in 160 years, the Americans have a massive hard-on for SHTF. Because SHTF is ultimate escapist fantasy.
Only the decorations are changing: zombies, epidemic danger, natural disaster, UN invasion, nuclear exchange, alien invasion and so on. Also it keeps guns and outdoor gear sales higher.
The civil war 2 is only popular, since state sponsored actors abuse it mercilessly. What they don't know, burgers are quick to get bored.

rope yourself shill rat

Bug-in won't be an option when the cannibal hordes come to bbq your fat ass.

Attached: 1556017706728.jpg (373x545, 56K)

Bug-in Chad
>gain favors from friends and family because you're the only person with electricity and food
>invite woefully unprepared bitches to stay in your house with you
>defend your property from looting dindus

Bug-out Virgin
>uses most of his gas tank bumper-to-bumper on the interstate surrounded by boomers
>spends a couple nights in a state park eating stale MREs in his car
>Friends and family bug-in, no one even bothered to call and check on user
>gets home to find studio apartment looted by dindus

people see SHTF as a new chance at life, mostly folks who are unhappy or unsuccessful want a happening so that they can live a more simple life their 75iq brain can handle.

>not bugging in with your preps and establishing a local government and militia that takes care of its townsfolk and exterminates dindu threats
Why are bug out posters like this?

Attached: 67172258_667354803758755_8551035476927053824_n.jpg (960x720, 58K)

And people who are good at navigating modern society's social/cultural minefield benefit from it and want to preserve it. What's your point?

>establishing a local government and militia that takes care of its townsfolk
this, being a post-apocalyptic feudal lord is far cooler and more practical

It's funny how preppers think their pdf tier knowledge about (((surviving))) will help them during shtf. The only things they usually practice are being cringy fat losers, maybe shooting and wasting money on muh gear and giant piles of ammo. This board should have more (((preppers))) hate threads

That's a bit un-nuanced. Bugging out is by most standards a tool to complete a 3 day escape route to a place with better living conditions, not a way of indefinitive self sustainment.

>t. guy with an innawoods paradise cabin brimming with resources.

I agree.

they can have fun, there's millions of others going into the woods when shit goes down, it's the least safest place to be considering there's really nowhere to hide and you'll get necked in your sleep by some hillbilly or paranoid boomer in 80's fatigues

not only that but the wild animal and plant populations will be decimated in a week by rednecks with no regulations imposed on them, have fun starving

i'll take my chances in urban hell where the dindus can't aim and there's a plethora of options for walled in defense

what im saying is that wishing for a happening is childish and short-sighted.

-if you're in the city, you're gonna die

-250 bucks will buy you enough white rice, lentils and 5 gallon buckets with sealed lids to feed 1 person for a year, and you can build up that stock incrementally if you don't have the cash all at once

-if you don't know how to grow food, practice, and practice canning

-if you're planning on bugging out, create little bivouacs in your local area that you can get to, and maybe store some items in a pvc pipe there. Camp at these locations with just a backpack in the worst weather of the year and you'll know a bit of what you're doing if you actually need it

-bugging in is better tho

It doesn't have to be this faggy autistic thing. Learn new skills all the time to make yourself useful in general and to make your own life easier, and if it helps you when shit is bad, then great.

I just got back literally a few minutes ago from camping at one of my spots with my son. Rode an ATV there, spent the night, learned some new things together. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

Nobody here is gonna make it.

That's what most people think.
So its prepping and not considered hording or criminal as it was in wartime or when the government decides independence must be curtailed.
Sometimes its not what you know, but what you don't know that bites you hardest.

You need water, in an urban area that resource will be fought over.
You will also need power to move that water.
Even going a week without power or water will be difficult for any cultured and civilized individual.
Bugging out is for those who know that difficulty and seek to avoid it.

I did refugee ops inna Navy. I've seen people so desperate that they were fleeing TO Yemen. Until you see something like that you don't know what real misery is.
Fuck ever hitting the road. Unless the ground where you live is blanketed by fallout or something like that I think you are almost always better off hunkering down.
Quit eating out for a month and you will have enough extra money to buy at least a few month's worth of provisions.
I suppose none of this applies if you are a legit survivalist, but most Americans just aren't.

You should never bug out unless you know (not think, but KNOW):
1) Where you're going
2) How you're going to get there
3) What will be there when you arrive
4) Why things will be better there than wherever you are now.

The truth is that with sone exceptions (mostly having to do with unforeseeable natural disasters), if you find yourself bugging out, you already fucked up royal. Don't wait until things get unlivable. Move out of the big city or its suburbs NOW. Relocate to a 90% or higher white small town in a red state. Start learning how to hunt, fish, and garden. Learn what the edible plants common in your area are, and where to find clean water. Take a First Aid course, and go through CERT training, which is free. Don't wait - get started now.

Based republican ethnostate poster

I'm pretty sure the bug out idea is for people either being targeted by the government or some other large armed force. 99% of the time all they have to is chuck a few molotovs and it's over. You would need a vigilant perimeter defense to even stand a chance.

If you wanted to stay in your house I would empty it of all valuables , let the mad max hoard loot it and come back when they have moved on.

What's up with all the psychoanalysis of preppers I've been seeing on this board lately?
Nothing but the odd snarky comment toward them for years but suddenly in the last month or so I've seen numerous pop-sci level posts ragging on people who prepare for civil unrest.

Attached: 1562452670221.png (322x527, 155K)

Basically the US is over. The only question is will the commies get all the real estate or will the US balkanize. So whether it's glowniggers or normies needing to discuss shit Jow Forums has hashed over for years the frequency of these types of threads is gonna keep rising.

even fallout is not as bad as people think, it becomes acceptable after 48hrs or so

Psyop so people don't prep and bugout.

After a bit sure, unless your in tyvek and have a decon waiting for you at the other end you best be hunkering down until the dust settles. This is the critical period during which your provisions will be very important. The longer you can stick around the better, because you know there will be a thousand others that think the best thing to do is "run from the bomb" as soon as it hits and get caught in the dangerous initial fallout.

That's mostly true, but there are extreme examples where you would legitimately have to relocate. Funny enough, you would still have to hunker down inna basement for a few weeks prior to departing anyway.

OP is talking about suburb and city fags you illiterate hick, in SHTF you'll be fine until the local fiefdoms start taking farmers as serfs.

The cities would get flooded by niggers and the rural areas would get flooded by Mexican cartels. Your only hope is a sci-fi level underground bunker so you can actually live the next 50 years of your life in peace. Everyone else is going to get raped to death.

The earthen dwellers will rule the earth

>its another jewish demoralization thread
Yawn

Demoralization? It's called stacking em high instead of running away and starving like a faggot

You read the OP?
>Sure, build your cabin in the woods and become self-sufficient

Go fuck yourself, OP needs to shut the fuck up.

Cartels will begin to run lots of the country in the next ten years--provided there is no mass-unrest

the most chad SHTF plan is to use the chaos to murder as many people as possible for satanic blessings

Real shit

the only people more annoying than preppers is anti-preppers

they always have some pseudo-intellectual psycho analysis argument for how 'oh anyone who wants to be prepared for the worst is clearly just having an escapist fantasy'

enjoy getting nigger dick #620 while you're holed up in the superdome you fucking retards. having a means of defense, nutrition, hydration, and medical gear should be a requirement to be considered an adult in this country

This clearly isn't an anti-prepper post, faggot

Dindu nufin

>Look, a true SHTF scenario is not gonna be some innawoods paradise
No shit you stupid nigger, nobody said it would be.

>nobody said it would be
Riiiiiiight, that why people fantasize about it instead of having realistic, actionable plans for survival in their local area

This.

Adding a renewable way to generate some small level of electricity (recharge batteries for lights, keep your radios running) either a bike or some solar panels, charge controller, inverter and a few deep cycle batteries and you're set.

An SDR radio set up to monitor local radio activity so people have a harder time getting the drop on you would be good to invest in, as well.

i already have a plan. satan is aware of my altar b/c i already sacrificed some chickens on it. just need some human corpses and im going to get dark powers

fuck you Todd Howard, I'm not falling for your lies again.

Because it IS smart to get out of your cramped neighborhood in the middle of suburbia. When has it ever been a good idea?
Trying to travel on the road is equally retarded. Your goal should be to avoid civilization, full stop.

>Is this just another Boomer fantasy

Survivalist boomers back in the past were surprisingly a lot more realistic about this. The early survivalism literature (the good books) emphasized small scale communities as the best places to live in the event of some sort of larger collapse. At the time the concern was the effects of a nuclear war, but it was applicable to other issues around social decline. You lived in a community where you knew everyone and could pull together in a crisis. It was too small for major social disruptions, but was big enough to have basic facilities. The survivalist brought know how and equipment to supplement those basics.

In that context, bugging out was of limited value. You either lived in a semi-rural or small town already, or worked for part of the year in a city and kept your ears open for potential war outbreaks.

Afterwards, it was a matter of networking with other small communities.

This

OP has never had to gtfo of an area in a hurry. I've been through a half a dozen hurricanes, floods wildfires and "societal unrest". Sometimes you just gotta go and you don't get to pick when

Bug in is fine if your home is defensible, your walls are armored, and you have enough supplies and manpower to survive a months long siege.

With bug in you are basically trying to outlast the hordes and have strong enough defense that they can't break you. I don't think most people approach it this way.
> They think they are going to snipe people from their windows.
> That attackers are going to be in manageable numbers.
> That people aren't eventually going to get pissed at you and sabotage or burn down your house.

I also think people are not prepared for what this is going to do to them or their family psychologically. It's going to be bad cases of PTSD for everyone inside.

Bugging out gives you the option to avoid this adverse environment. I think people that think they are going to hike out of town and live off bugs and moss are idiots but if you have somewhere remote to bug out to then bug in, that is way preferable than bugging in, in suburbia.

As a white South African this is not so far fetched for us.

Really? ‘not enuf food’ is your biggest critique?

OP im not sure if youre aware but humans have been surviving off of hunting wildlife and foraging for thousands of years

>Relocate to a 90% or higher white small town in a red state.
Yeah this sounds great in theory but there are zero jobs. If you stay long enough you will get so broke in a retail or fast food job you wont be able to move again or afford anything except rent and food. Honestly by encouraging this I think you are one of TPTB trying to fuck over whites by economically marginalizing them.

Yeah...no. Our population has grown and is sustained by farming and not by hunting, retard. Sure, millions of Americans hunt every year and 99% of them do it for shits/conservation—not for food. Go ahead and cook up your yearly take, but even 10% of American’s population suddenly “living off the land” would wipe out our natural biomass.

“Bugging in” would be incredibly ugly and involve pillaging and killing to survive, but that’s a hell of a lot better than getting stuck on the interstate, perhaps hundreds of miles away from your home because the pumps don’t work. Sure, there is some utility in having a safe-house if it’s accessible, but most people neither have the cash nor the location to make that a reality. You’re gonna have to kill to survive.

Jow Forums continually disgusts me with these SHTF threads. All you faggots more worried about surviving than having the opportunity to go hard for days/weeks/months until your glorious death from dysentery.

Attached: 1546968504305.png (1200x800, 89K)

This

>white rice, lentils and 5 gallon buckets with sealed lids to feed 1 person for a year
Idk how the buckets with sealed lids taste, but the rest of that diet is a recipe for suicide within a month. If you’re too fucking tunnel visioned to stock a few basic seasonings, you most likely have other fatal flaws in your planning.

>So its prepping and not considered hording or criminal
Idk about your country, in the US the government actively encourages a degree of prepping. Katrina taught them that the welfare class is going to require 80% of the intervention and resources. It’s the 20/80 rule.

ready.gov/

>You need water, in an urban area that resource will be fought over.
Sucks that you don't live in WA.

This. This is why day 1 you should turn to cannablism.

Good point, allow me to expand on it.

The only way we were able to really grow our population with out depleting the land is through farming as user said. But that only got us so far. You can still farm the land until you deplete it. THE ONLY WAY WE ARE ABLE TO SUSTAIN 7 BILLION PEOPLE IS WITH FARMING + OIL DERIVED FERTILIZERS. Just stop and think about that for a second. The only reason everybody eats right now is because of a constant, massive supply of cheap oil.

If anything really disrupts the oil industry, the population will need to shrink by at least 2/3rds. Hydro, solar and nuclear will supply us with energy but not fertilizer.

>Implying that pointing out you can mass horde food on the cheap and easy is him implying that's the full stop of what you can do or what he would advise you to do.

Hey buddy, drink more water. But don't do anything else , because that's all I said, that's every thing. Just that. Fucking ESL time today.

>OP im not sure if youre aware but humans have been surviving off of hunting wildlife and foraging for thousands of years
user, I’m not sure if you’re aware, but the human population has grown to the point that the hunter-gatherer lifestyle is no longer practical.

If you weren’t such a knee-jerk, mouth breathing retard you would realize that one person requires a square mile or so of foraging territory to survive. Those hunter gatherers were nomadic for a reason.

Damn, bro, that’s some epic butthurt you got there. You triggered?

Wont be enough game or forage to sustain even a fraction of the population who think they'll try it.

West of the cascades has a large population and will be chaos and carnage if the supply chain and power grid go down for more than a week. Youre trading rain barrels for other problems.

Most people have been fooled into thinking the "shale miracle" has made peak oil irrelevant.
Theyre wrong, anyone who studies the oil industry can see a massive drop off in shale production is coming after the peak, which is probably this year or next year.

user you are replying to. Exactly, tight oil wells do not produce very long. At the end of the day it comes down to how much energy do you need to spend to get a barrel of oil out of the ground and we are very quickly approaching it taking a barrel of oil to extract a barrel of oil.

Production is going to oscillate as supply drives up prices > higher prices make more difficult to get oil profitable > more supply lowers prices > tight and low quality oil temporarily stops being profitable

We bought a nice decade here of cheap oil but the cost was prices are going to explode when it runs out instead of gradually climbing.

>West of the cascades has a large population and will be chaos and carnage if the supply chain and power grid go down for more than a week. Youre trading rain barrels for other problems.

Agreed. The west coast is 6 islands of population, completely dependent on imports of everything.

>un-nuanced
You mean vauge....?

Perhaps, but I'd argue the oil problem will unfold in the markets before it's becomes physically prohibitive. The rarely-disseminated fact is that oil MENA oil production is already at or very close to a net wash. Without some crazy innovation, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, etc. will be losing money hand-over-fist at market price. Oil is so cheap because fracking practices in America and Canada has made the two nations practically self-sufficient and now exporters of petroleum products. At this rate, the Gulf Nations will likely crumple and recede into the desert as they have lost their largest export. For Americans, it means we should expect disruptive practices--like war with Iran--by the Gulf nations in order to keep the price/barrel at or above profitable.

>Months long siege

This isn't Feudal Europe. By the time battles like that are being waged, I'll have already banded up with a local government of my choosing.

Imports that will be protected and sustained by the Chinese. Make no mistake, in the event of a US collapse they will seize the Pacific islands and keep economic hegemony over the west coast. This will be met with open arms by a left-wing urban society that would be desperate for stability the moment groceries and gas become uncertain.

>prices are going to explode when it runs out instead of gradually climbing.

So 4th gen fission will suddenly get investment. I'm fine with that, since fusion is forever 2 years away. IIRC General Fusion won't have their prototype producing net energy until 2022.

>Make no mistake, in the event of a US collapse they will seize the Pacific islands and keep economic hegemony over the west coast.

How will they do that without oil? They don't have ~11x nuclear carriers or onboard hydrocarbon synthesis like the US.

Keeping the lights on in urban centers with fusion is great, but it's not going to be a practical way to move any vehicle smaller than a train.

>trains connect cities (and mines) which use foot travel as the main internal transport, with electric vehicles for industrial cargo and the elderly

It sounds like an architect's dream layout. Coal rolling rural farmers will get butthurt about losing their easy energy, but w/e, that's a price I'm willing to pay to unite liberals and conservatives on zoning.

Aircraft carriers aren't necessary when the military is in disarray and the governor of California is welcoming Chinese troops at the port of Long Beach.

The union is not strong right now and states will protect their interests.

You can't secure a post-oil unstable America without an easy way to get tens of thousands of motorized National Guardsmen moving across the highways.

Always bug in, if you want to be self sustainable in a rural location, just live there full time.

Not sure you fucking retards have been paying attention but we’re not discussing sustaining a fucking population, we’re discussing a single person in the woods garhering enough to survive; and as mentioned, youre still retards if you think a single person cant forage for himself.

What % of the population actually knows how to hunt and whats safe to eat? I bet im one of like 3 people in this thread who does, while the rest of you retards have no idea what youre talking about

just having shelf stable food makes you more prepared than 99.9% of the brainless masses
>hurr durr you can't make it inna woods
if you're in any kind of city without food/power/water for an indefinite time you're fucked so good luck trying anything but going inna woods

shit, basic camping skills is all you really need to be better off than just about everybody

Survival of the group is survival of the individual. Every bug-in or bug-out strategy ends with contacting other likeminded communities and getting back on your feet.

You don't want to eat grubs in the Smoky Mountains National Park for the rest of your life, do you?

You don't need to put guards on every corner - only the cities and strategic infrastructure.

Stalin proved rural movements can't resist cities. Sabotage actually helps the cities by justifying their programs and amplifying their communications advantage.

Take the food. Enslave designated farmers. Let everyone else starve.

If the US collapses, the cities will take the initial hit, but they're also the (historically proven) victors in the end. In the mid-term, the countryside starves to death in isolated bands that turn on each other.

With that kind of ROE, infantry are unnecessary desu. Loft a persistent surveillance GMTI (optical or FOPEN) over any contested point and pop everything that isn't a friendly.

>republican
Get the fuck out you fucking Nazi.

he's just going to the extreme to show that you don't have to blow six figures to be ready

You don't get it in the least. Oil is used as a base material to produce the fertilizer that keeps our rate of agriculture going. It is used as a base material for parts of literally every product available. It's handy we can burn it, but our reliance on it goes so much deeper than that.

>Checkem
>not even dubs
delete your thread

Attached: bestgirlbossy.jpg (1335x2000, 215K)

The question is how long do you run a good chance of getting killed for stepping out of your front door? That is how long the siege is going to last. Because as long as you are scared to go out of your front door, you are not getting more supplies.

Yeah, I'm sure history will smile on that time the Natty Guard enslaved farmers and factory workers in 2022.

>we’re discussing a single person in the woods garhering enough to survive; and as mentioned, youre still retards if you think a single person cant forage for himself.
And you’re a fucking retard for thinking you’re the only person who’s had that idea. When the grid goes down (as a for-instance), everybody who’s ever been camping is going to head out of the cities into the woods. They’re not going to have a clue what they’re doing, but you can bet your ass they’re going to chase all of the game into the next hemisphere. And what do you suppose a few million weekend campers is going to do to the lakes, rivers, and streams? How positive are you they’re all going to practice correct fire discipline? You fuckwit, a couple of hundred thousand panicky ex-boy scouts is guaranteed to start a shitload of wild fires.

You go ahead and play out your Jeremiah Johnson larp. See how long it lasts when you’re competing for resources with 10% of the population of the nearest city. You may know how to forage in the woods, but you’ve clearly never paid attention to how big a territory you need to cover to feed yourself.

Living in my area out side...bugging OUT will be fine 4 months out of a year. These OP fantasy's are just that. fictions in their own heads.

Winters are brutal
Eating beans and rice won't keep your body up, MEAT will be well sought after and SCARCE thing given these population levels.
all The community planning shit will goto the dogs. Farmland needs FUEL. Without modern transportation methods cities DIE in DAYS.
The USA has populations of AFRICANS all throughout it and they will make normal life HELL even more so than they do at current levels.
Of course they will die off from hunger and rampant niggerdom but alot of of others will just die off as well. its not going to be pretty.

It would be an utter shit show and it would be a 180 from the life you ALL lead. Your institutionally sheltered lifestyles would be turned upside down and to wish for it would be to wish for doom.
home NONE of you have medical needs cause your fucking dead. Your feet froze.dead. Your teeth fell out because no vitamins.dead. water was bad you FUCKING DIED.

If population levels were in somewhat societal level controlled numbers like we had in the 1800's and the systems to deliver goods and services were in place we would be fine. But they aren't and a 100 to 0 STOP collapse would be the slaughter of 80 or so % of everyone.

fuck that shit

If the US collapses, the Chinese economy will follow it right down the drain. They’ll be too busy trying to quell food riots to engage in overseas adventurism.

In 2018 the United States consumed about 20.5 million barrels per day of oil and oil products.
in 2018 the United States produced 11 million barrels per day of crude oil. We are projected to see increases to 12 million in 2019 and 13 million in 2020 but then it will plateau and decline.
American crude is extremely light, which generally is good, but our oil is so light that it actually needs to be blended with a heavier crude to reach the right API for efficient cracking into gasoline and diesel. So we will never stop importing a certain amount of heavier crude. Heavy crude is also needed for more industrial applications.
The United States could theoretically survive without oil imports, but the economic consequences would be severe.
Which leads to my next point: China, Japan and Korea, as well as most of the rest of Asia and to a lesser extent Europe import the vast majority of their oil from MENA. If that oil were to stop, these countries would grind to a halt, bringing on a global economic crisis and probably a war as the Chinese scramble to secure a source of energy.
Additionally, MENA oil is some of the lowest EROI on the planet. I dont know where you are getting "its a wash" because that is pretty absurd. They have the best conventional oil fields and theyre still producing well. It is a big secret just how much real reserves the Saudis have, and its possible theyre lying and the Gwar could tap out tomorrow, but until that happens, theyre looking at less than $10 for a break even on a barrel. They have huge social programs that require they keep oil higher than that, but the actual oil itself is cheap af.

>USA falls apart
>China invades across the worlds largest ocean...to secure our cities...so that we can...buy stuff...

weird flex but ok

>Technology will save us
wew

the US military will always get its oil. It will literally be priority 1 as things start to come apart or oil becomes prohibitively expensive.