AIr Force Security Forces

How capable are Air Force Security Forces? I am sure we will all find out in September but from what I have heard they are mall-cop tier.

Are they capable of defending a post or base or are they Africa tier, prone to mistakes?

Do they have a selection process or are they less choosy with their personnel?

Attached: Air Force Security Forces Airman in uniform poses.jpg (770x513, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/820th_Base_Defense_Group
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What will they screw up? Is it easy to make them nervous? Can you push them into doing something impulsive, LOL?

Attached: 379th ESFS female Airmen - Security Forces.jpg (1000x703, 259K)

They're an absolute joke, but they're above Africa tier. Area 51 has private security by all accounts (conspiritards who have previously tried to break the perimeter certainly haven't been met by anyone in a uniform), so idk if the Ravens will even play a part.

>Do they have a selection process or are they less choosy with their personnel?

Considering it's one of the biggest career fields, and 99% of their job consists of sitting in a car trying not to fall asleep or standing at a gate trying not to fall asleep, I'd lean towards the latter.

A group of generals was inspecting our little bumfuck firebase in Afghanistan. They were accompanied by AF security forces. They were mostly scared looking little dudes with old ass carrying handle M16's with no optics. The generals stayed overnight and our CO made the SF twerps pull security instead of us, which was pretty based. Apparently they found two of them sleeping. I wouldn't trust them at all.

>Do they have a selection process or are they less choosy with their personnel?
Not really no
Also depends on the unit and individual

>SF twerps
Also, this felt so wrong to type out but so right at the same time

What year? lmao they have optics and m4s now

>so idk if the Ravens will even play a part.
Ravens only work flyaway missions and parked aircraft security in hostile areas and occasionally airforce one

Watch out, she's gonna get you.

Attached: Senior Airman Kelly Branch, 50th Security Forces Squadron Base Defense Operations Center controller. (1100x732, 1.54M)

Not that guy, but there were still slick side colt commandos floating around in 2011.

These sassy single moms are gonna stop you, Jow Forums.

Attached: Senior Airman Sofia Espinoza, 628th Security Forces Squadron base armorer, was awarded the 2018 Juni (780x550, 124K)

Air Force Security Forces:
When you're smart enough for the Air Force, but not smart enough for the Air Force

If bitches on tinder are bragging about being in the USAFSF, then they are mall cop tier.

>If bitches on tinder are bragging about being in the USAFSF
uuuhhhh, que?

Most females in the military are cringe tier tbqh in any branch or mos
I blame the institutions for coddling them

Depends on squadron and its experience desu. My first one was squared away because we had a core cadre of NCOs who had deployed during the surge when SF was augmenting the Army a lot outside the wire, so a lot of practical experience beyond physical security and basic LE work. Hence we trained a lot for deployments and stateside LE stuff was limited to responding to serious shit like assaults on base.

Whereas my second (and last) was run by Captain Girl-Power who micromanaged everything, 1Sgt Useless who bent over for her all the time, and supervision who was all on board with the base COs "zero tolerance" shit that had us writing tickets for 21 in a 20 (which all got thrown out anyway).

I also have a good friend who was in a missile SFS and that's just 24/7 suicide watch.

But to answer your question there are pretty capable SF squadrons but they're few and far between just by the nature of the job. ANG/AFR squadrons are usually the more capable ones because ironically they have a higher deployment tempo.

This was '09 or '10. It's been a while, don't remember which side of the year it was on. I think 2010 though.

I enlisted as Air Guard SF in 2008, when I deployed to Afghanistan in 2009 I had an M4 with M68

Can someone explain the difference between Air Force Security Forces and Air Force Defenders?

That makes sense lots of optics weren't handed out
>ANG/AFR squadrons are usually the more capable ones because ironically they have a higher deployment tempo.
Unironically this because a lot of the guys there are prior service from other branches trying to live an easier military life or they are civilian LEOs with plenty of experience

There is no difference

Thanks, user.

None defender is just a cringe way they refer to themselves

This was at Luke AFB (where im stationed) im not security forces btw

Attached: 67092820_2263693127077652_4019743034303315968_n.jpg (474x640, 84K)

I dont know shit about any of this but all the women in these photos look like total goobers and it worries me they’re protecting anything

All Security Forces are not Ravens. This is how it works:
Security Forces is the LARGEST CAREER FIELD IN THE USAF. This is due in part to the late Iraq strategy of retraining leftover airmen in jobs like tech and maintenance as MPs so that they could be used interchangably with Army pogues for convoy ops, gate security, etc.

Ravens have to pass a much more stringent selection process and face a pretty demanding hand to hand exam against multiple targets (red man test). It's not badass or highspeed looking, but it definitely weeds out people who would get gassed out actually having to continuously engage somebody trying to kill them for an extended period of time. Point being, Security Forces today are no longer allowed to leave the gate downrange. Ravens are not regular security forces and play a different role altogether in most cases

There is DAGRE also

SF in general are pretty mall-cop tier. There are some units within SF that are pretty operator-tier, but it's not exactly common to hear about them.

But yeah, they have no real requirements. It's like anything else in the military, though.

>bags of potatos with handguns

completely embarrassing. I didn't know they were banned from leaving FOBs, but it makes sense now. Nobody wants foreigners to see that.

Ravens are literally just a fancy fast team. Unless youre at a hub its pretty rare to get a mission at all.
I agree though its almpst sad how few people are in good enough shape to attend the schoolhouse.
No one besides officers from the center and chiefs calls us defenders in the career field unirionically. Its a thing used by the rest of the airforce like secfo.

Depends on the Squadron, these guys go to Ranger School.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/820th_Base_Defense_Group

Attached: 1439232272205.jpg (720x720, 104K)

SF here; some of us are actually halfway decent and take every opportunity to get proper training from SWAT teams every now and again for use in all of our LEO operations; the missile field guys do more direct action stuff on average. Some SF guys are okay and do take the training seriously, do take every opportunity to be halfway decent at their job. And then you have the other half of the career field, the guys who didn't chose to be there, the guys who signed up and then hate it and will do their 4 and get out. They give no fucks about their job.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 11K)

scan my card, pleb

You’re all weenie pretend operators with a pity beret who feel empowered every time you ticket an officer when you aren’t pulling gate duty. Scan my card and then hang yourself during guardmount pleb.

I dont know why big blue and leadership is surprised the career field is trash when theyve been using it as dump for everyone. Really doesnt help how half the time youre doing the exact same thing from AB-SSgt.
Also the way the job advertises itself is the closest to straight up lying ive seen in my time. Dudes who want to be real cops end up harassing maintainers for for a few years, scanning the same 400 Ids a shift, or stuck in the missile field.

Dont get me wrong the job can be pretty sweet but that depends on a lot of luck.

>pity beret
fucking lol'd. so accurate

Most capable security force in the world, we recently underwent security training to deal with the possibility of the area 51 invasion happening.

Here's a pic from the class.

Attached: 1563731177181.jpg (1936x1936, 297K)

See you there in a couple of months, user.

and that's why groom lake has private security