How will this pan out?

How will this pan out?
military.com/daily-news/2019/07/21/marine-called-commandant-fix-corps-identity-crisis-heres-his-response.html/amp

Attached: 20190721_085831.jpg (1200x850, 588K)

Didn't read but there is a hilarious thread on /gif/

The marine corps really should just be rolled into the army

>unconstitutional army should be rolled into USMC
ftfy

>U.S. Army
>unconstitutional
How retarded can a muhreen get? Clearly you were shooting for golf scores on your ASVAB

FUCKING DESTROYED

Nah kid.

Sorry the Marine Corps makes you look bad at every turn. Your only plan is to just get rid of the competition lmao.

Except a standing army IS unconstitutional. It's why they have a military reauthorization every 2-4 years. We've been in a perpetual state of emergency since WW2 to have a standing army.

This, but only if they don't go back to being an Amphibious expeditionary force. We don't need two armies with different equipment.

The Constitution is a ridiculously pie-in-the-sky piece, written by a bunch of cloud-cuckoolanders, which became hilariously outdated a mere 25 years after it was first written.

This. The Marines should return to being a light, easily transportable amphibious skirmish force. Having a "Navy's army" with different equipment is logistically inefficient.

Go fuck yourself, commie faggot. Get the fuck out of my country if you don't support the Constitution, you deleterious scumbag.

look at this Army cope

Attached: armyheels.jpg (600x400, 92K)

>The Constitution is a ridiculously pie-in-the-sky piece
alright then, hand in your guns and stfu when posting on a public forum, and while you're at why don't you just hand over all your property, and I'm going to need you to bend over and open your asshole wide enough for me to search elbow's length
okay?

Navy*.
>inb4 MUH MENS DEPARTMENT
You had me, and then you lost me. Perhaps you mistook it for the Articles Of Confederation.

Hi guys marines not in marine environments make no sense. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1551426511625.png (1230x1140, 61K)

Not him, and I love the constitution, but it doesn't say that standing armies are unconstitutional. It says that you can't keep one paid for longer than 2(?) years at a time. We've had a standing army basically since the country began

>army is unconstitutional
>Congress uses constitutional mechanisms to reauthorize it every 2-4 years

Are you retarded?

>71% of the Earth is covered in water.
The Earth is a marine environment. Prove me wrong.

Well when the Army is incapable of doing literally anything someone has to step in.

America is not supposed to have a standing army, but congress has been shitting the bed for years, what do you not understand?

>The constitution has mechanisms in it that allow you to maintain a standing army
>This is unconstitutional

>no standing army
Oh, yeah? Who's going to protect the nation, the Holy Spirit (or whatever the non-denominational Enlightenment version was)? Are the artillerymen going to train during week-end practice?

>liberty and freedom for all. Except slaves lol
Generally, promising shit you can't deliver on tends to be a bad look.

This is now a Marine Corps thread.

Attached: Marinedressblue.jpg (640x428, 40K)

Attached: USMCbeach.jpg (2000x921, 325K)

It should be turned into a COIN formation that has a swing function of amphibious assault.

Attached: afghanstateam.jpg (1980x1375, 2.07M)

Attached: marinesherman.jpg (2915x2315, 1.66M)

Why not just buy Chinese Army?

Get mogged Navy

Attached: MarineCorps.jpg (1760x1520, 415K)

Navy, AF, USMC, CG as usual. Name the last time the US Army actually protected America.

Attached: Afghanied.jpg (2048x1365, 656K)

>mfw the army took part in the largest amphibious invasion in history as well as had a major presence in the pacific theater
Kinda makes one ponder, doesn’t it.

Attached: B200D053-8AF3-4664-858F-80A07E4A0848.jpg (235x235, 9K)

>complains that Army is unconstitutional
>argues in favor of formations that are by his own standards substantively unconstitutional

The absolute state of your cognitive abilities.

Attached: SAW.jpg (1599x1066, 203K)

And they still fucked it up, as they always do. What do you expect with a branch where everyone is named SPC. Martinez Freeman-Jones

Attached: armystrong.jpg (1023x763, 112K)

Attached: 1103-Jumbo-Crayons.jpg (1710x1230, 747K)

Attached: Marinesww1.jpg (775x1024, 611K)

Commie faggot get off my board

If you understood why there isn't supposed to be an Army, you understand why the Navy, CG, and AF aren't a problem. Marines on the other hand, are always a problem for someone.

Attached: 84b6f678-39ba-4ee7-9457-669f03a2c94d.jpg (1000x1000, 47K)

Sure but just like the 82nd is never going to do a combat jump again the Marines will never hit the beaches like Iwo Jima again either. That kind of warfare simply doesn't exist.

Attached: 1990aesthetic.png (500x508, 442K)

Attached: 89906885-devil-dog-illustration-king-charles-spaniel-with-devil-hat-devil-dog-carnival-evil-devil-co (866x1300, 82K)

Attached: usmcm40.jpg (1097x1266, 354K)

Attached: USMCiraqcobras.jpg (1720x1160, 322K)

The armies presence in the pacific theatre was in areas of minimal strategic importance. For example, the army lost the Philippines, then they took Buna Gona, New Guinea, and the recapture of the Philippines. Of those, New Guinea was probably the only battle of strategic importance merely to rid the Japanese presence of the island. The Philippines invasion is actually retarded and unnecessary other than to serve the ego of Douglass MacArthur, who is probably the shittiest and egotistical General to ever serve in the US Army. The army did participate in the biggest amphibious invasion, but when it come to the Pacific, the Army really didn’t do anything of strategic importance.

Attached: pacificaesthetic.jpg (962x763, 244K)

You can't leave out General Almond, yet another shitty US Army general.There is almost too many to list.

You forgot to mention Peleliu which decimated a entire Marine division because they were to proud to ask the army for help.

>General Almond
meet General "Raisin"

The Army was on Pelelieu smoothbrain and they fucked that up too lmao.

The Army is so trash that they went combat ineffective at the Umurbrogol pocket

Attached: brainlet12.png (1000x432, 165K)

The army wasn't what it is today, it would have been like asking chair force security forces, or your local sheriffs for reinforcement.

Also Chesty Puller going straight up the middle like a 4th down running play and losing his command for the rest of the war over his WW1 tactics.

Should've killed all niggers and turkeys back then.

>What do you expect with a branch where everyone is named SPC. Martinez Freeman-Jones

That's literally the Marines.

The Army back then was better than they are today. The Army is combat ineffective at this point. The last time it was worth a damn was in Vietnam

Attached: Armywatermeleon.jpg (600x450, 43K)

Look guys, this is what the Army produces. Too stupid to realize that the Marine Corps is literally the Whitest and most Male branch in the military.

Attached: brainlet11.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Attached: USMCinftest.jpg (1000x667, 237K)

Its still hard for me to believe that but its
technically true

Cringe but redpilled.

Can we just go back to punishing and wiping out tribes and savages for fuckin with our missionaries and businessmen? Just show up, kill a bunch of shit and leave? Enough of this nation building shit

Attached: 28F9A2C9-0F97-4666-9904-824FC3569A06.jpg (827x827, 356K)

no, because the savages are in the US now

>mfw a tourist is the only one actually reading the fucking article
pretty interesting desu senpai. Though it's a bit surprising that the marines ever allowed themselves to think amphibious assaults would be irrelevant. I guess you couldn't really ask them to sit out the last 3 or so wars though.

Attached: smugposter.png (240x240, 92K)

Amphibious infantry is never going away. Read about Marine Expeditionary Units and their job.

I personally believe that they should merge with the Coast Guard.
Basically still keep their title, but upon enlisting in the Coast Guard, you'll have the choice of which side you want: Guardsman or Marine.

Attached: U.S. Marines and the Assault of Fort Fisher.jpg (1631x1067, 587K)

It's only true because the Marines outsource all their support to the Navy (and support is where most browns are). Combat arms to combat arms, the Army is whiter.

>marines literally depend on the navy ergo faggots and air force ergo more fags
Kek

ok retard

We have a navy, the coast guard shouldn't exist, and marines should be a part of the navy again desu.

Wonder how that fatty feels, everytime a chink/vatnik/whatever wants to shit on the US that his picture is used.

>combat arms to combat arms, the Army is whiter
Proof or shut the fuck up

Well the Coast Guard, in my opinion, does a lot more for the US besides posturing and power projection, something we need more of.
If we could put the Marines to good use for the US itself, then it should be done.

And I mean statistical proof.
>inb4 cherry picked images

CG does a fine job, doesn't mean in an ideal world the Navy couldn't do the same if you just changed the uniforms and paint

Attached: fatmarine.jpg (600x790, 47K)

>Infidel! You will die for insulting our holy text!
It's ink, paper and the political manifesto of a bunch of 18th century insurgents. Of course it's going to be flawed, outdated and not altogether thought through. You 'murricans need to stop pretending that it's the sacred word of God, written on a stone tablet and handed down to man from above.

>Marines finally realized the army landed on more beaches than them

and you're just a sack of water that flopped out of your mother's cunt
you need to realize no one gives a damn about what comes out of those pussy lips on your face

The Marines have been redundant since the Department of War and Department of the Navy were merged to form the DOD. They should be reduced back into primarily a security force for USN ports and ships and to provide short term power projection from ship to shore. Amphibious assaults? The Regular Army did it better on a much larger scale in Operations Overlord, Dragoon, Shingle, Avalanche, and Husky. The USMC had a tough time fighting through token resistance by starving, under supplied and outgunned Japs.

>CG does a fine job
They sure do, and I'd like to see the Marine Corps do the same in my lifetime.
After having spent some time with the Marines, I can say with complete confidence that the majority of them are foul mouthed riffraff's whose motivation and skills are being wasted.
They need to be reformed back into silent professional gentlemen, men who actually help the US and her people.
It's a pipe dream, but goddammit I want to see it happen.

>desu
Not using it right once again.
stop trying to fit in. Just look up words before you type them look at how they are used and then use them.

>[autistic screeching]
Why so upset?

I thought marines were under your Navy. They're not? What do they do? Someone redpill me on the differences please.

Attached: 1558920141267.png (20x20, 1K)

It's simpler to just keep believing what you already believe, because I'm pretty sure the answer doesn't really matter.

What a disgrace

They're under the department of the navy, and depend on them for support, but are basically a mini-service with their own seat on the JCS.

They're the best propaganda artists of the services, because they know their existence (unlike the airforce, the runner up in PR) depends on it.

The Army as a whole is a disgrace.

The army would be too bloated otherwise though

You know literally nothing about the Marine Corps.

We fall underneath the Navy for budgetting purposes and are attached to them for Marine Expeditionary Units . Outside of that the Marine Corps is a stand alone branch with organic CAS, helos, armor, etc.

Sound like fags.

Imagine being so weak you march with your sword on your shoulder.

This, I am cringing here in front of my screen

Attached: ZB.gif (492x300, 1.67M)

>doesn't know about the word filter

>The Constitution is a ridiculously pie-in-the-sky piece

Jewish neocons and Jewish Marxists say the same thing all the time whenever they want to expand the size of the government or delete more of my God given rights.

the coast guard exists as a separate entity for legal reasons so they can board foreign vessels iirc

You are correct. The Air Force is also technically unconstitutional.

Those suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect will quote the constitutional provision that allows congress the power to reauthorize the Army every two years. This is incorrect.

The truth of the matter is that Army (and by extension Air force, as it was originally the Army Air corps) has not been properly re-authorized since the early 1900s. Authorization has a specific purpose. Civilian oversight is meant to critically reexamine the need for a standing Army every two years to determine whether it should continue to exist. Today, we merely determine and how much funding to apportion to it. The existence of the Army is no longer a matter of discussion.

The fact that congressional oversight has turned into a rubber-stamp process in which we simply determine the appropriate price tag represents an unconstitutional delegation of legislative authority to the executive branch of government. Breaching the carefully balanced checks and balances of our government threatens the stability of our nation. That is why similar unlawful delegations of authority by the exeuctive/legistators is expressly prohibited by the SCOTUS in every other context ever reviewed. However, the SCOTUS has never reviewed this issue likely for fear of the ramifications. Any legal scholar worth their salt knows they must do if the matter was ever heard. So we all just shut our eyes and put fingers in our ears and pretend it's all OK. It's not.

Common sense does dictate we have an Army like the one we have today. However, we have specific legal mechanisms (i.e., constitutional amendment) to achieve that end. We haven't used them yet. Shortcuts open the door to breaches of the constitution for convenience, which is extremely dangerous. In other words, today's Army makes the U.S. significantly more vulnerable to executive overreach and/or military coup. Not good.

Nation building campaign in Detroit and Chicago when?

I bet you thought this would make you look smart

I bet you haven't had sex