Couldn't HK sell these things in the US if they wanted? Pretty sure that the defunct Enfield longer holds the rights...

Couldn't HK sell these things in the US if they wanted? Pretty sure that the defunct Enfield longer holds the rights. Would HK not be the owner of the design?
>German law prohibits the export/sale of service rifles to civilians
Only applies to German service weapons. Since the L85 is for the Bongs, they have the power, no?

My point is, is that I fucking want one go throw A1 furniture on and LARP as a potato remover.

Attached: DFw2JVlWsAAwRFu.jpg (1200x642, 110K)

Brit MOD owns the design. They aren't in the habit of arming civilians.

How can those faggots completely outsource the redesign of their garbage domestic service rifles to the Krauts, and still claim ownership? SAD.

I thought those rifles were shit?

>How can those faggots completely outsource the redesign of their garbage domestic service rifles to the Krauts
H&K only got the job because they were owned by BAE, a bong company. They didn't really outsource anything.

HK are vassals of BAE

shit is ours

Attached: 2d96ad2cb6e.jpg (500x375, 72K)

I was unaware of their ownership under BAE. Interesting fact, thanks!

Sell what? Guns that are currently in service? Impossible. Or did you mean, build new guns to sell them in the US? HK doesn't have the tooling for it, they only made a few parts. Everything has been sold a long time ago. SO they would have to create a new production line, in the US, considering the receiver is stamped steel, it's going to cost a lot in tooling that won't be able to be repurposed for anything else, and they'll end up selling a rifle that no one wants for $5000 a pop.

Not a good idea.

HK was owned by BAE at the time of the need to refit the A1. So it was owned by a British company and they had the relevant expertise to fix the problems with the A1. A lack of expertise in weapons manufacturing during the design and manufacture was the main reason for problems.

Appreciate you, Anons

>Buy AR180
>Buy airshit L85
>Have receiver shell fabricated if you cant do it youreself (Its a box with a magwell, no milling required)
>???
>Profit
Prototypes were literally chopped up AR18s, so you wouldn't even be far off the real thing. Regardless, that's the closest you're getting; aside from the 1-2 L85s that are on the register.

Attached: 1702200743WM.jpg (3024x1076, 208K)

It truly is an ugly piece of shit. I love it so much.

I think there are a couple straight-pull "Cadet" rifles floating around. God knows what kind of premium they command.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a bullpup WK-180.
They're already working on 7.62x39 models that take AK mags.

Attached: Kodiak AR-180 in 762x39.png (1312x759, 1.38M)

Nobody owns the design. It's from the '80s, patents in the US are 20 years.

Hopefully not too large otherwise you'd suffer a near lethal amount of buyer's remorse purchasing one of those heaps of shit.

HK wouldn't sell you anything like that because they don't want commoners to touch their shit. It's only for bearded T1 High Speed Low Drag Operators on Instagram. And you ain't one of 'em.

Attached: make-again-great-operator-operating-operationally-you-may-enjoy-this-1409204.png (500x828, 124K)

Probably but the Brits are anti-gun as fuck and if they found out their supplier was selling their service weapons (the firearms officers have g36 too) would probably get political

They don't even sell the 433 here, what makes you think they'd bring the l85 here

The mockup you posted is a Stoner 63 conversion.

they are.
the nu versions are supposed to be better but I don't know why you'd bother.

HK doesn't sell anything here anyway why start now.

dumb grabber zach

What? MoD sells off shit all the time. UK might actually have some of the laxest surplus laws in the world in this regard. With enough licensing bullshit (easily achievable if you have never been a knob, cursed by evil spirits, and were born into an upper middle class family) you can own a fully functional tank, but you only need a category H driving license to drive a tank with a deactivated turret and you don't even need to do that with the MoD. The only legislation that got in the way was that you needed to be able to mount a tax disc to the vehicle, which is pretty hard to do, but fortunately tax discs are abolished now.

When Forgotten Weapons did the Arctic Warfare Rifle videos Ian said the old L115's were chopped up and dumped in the North sea to prevent them ending up in general circulation

I shot them in the Air Cadets and heard they were the trash A1's that weren't worth converting to A2. So if they sell them I'm not surprised the SA80 still has a bad rep.

I once did a 10 round grouping with a particular l98 and had 12 stoppages by the time I got them all off.

>didn't outsource because they financially owned the krauts who did the work in germany.

Yeah, so we don't outsource to china when we build stuff for american companies?

Who would buy that flaming trash heap?

I'd even buy an INSAS for shiggles. The price point would have to reflect the quality, though.

I strongly suspect that manufacturers that have big contracts with western governments all have an unwritten policies to not sell cool things to peasants.