Russia Launches Production Of Su-57 Stealth Fighter Jet

>A new report from TASS News shows that Sukhoi Aircraft Company, part of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation, has started series production of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets and will soon be delivering these planes to the country's Aerospace Force.
Remember when Jow Forums fell for fake news and said Su-57 was cancelled? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Attached: 1561955556089.jpg (1024x468, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uacrussia.ru/en/aircraft/lineup/military/su-57/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fighter_generations
hindustantimes.com/india-news/india-rethinks-buying-us-drones/story-lrXANhzediWzKLd6j9bsqJ.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

radar cross section of a small car

76 total aircraft over many years isn't anything.

>radar cross section of a small car
I'll need some reference (other than your ass)
enough to defend their country.

Defend Moscow you mean. Sure as fuck not enough for most of the country.

I remember when the Su-57 was an unfinished 4.5 generation fighter in a 5th generation era that would never be fielded in appreciable numbers.
Hey, looks like nothing changed.

I'll believe it when I see it. Notice how Russia is always just on the verge of fielding the greatest super weapon ever made? Also notice how they never quite get there? China does it too... I think it's called "magical thinking".

my source - my ass

Attached: 1529918250858.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

You mean the same planes they promised over a decade ago? And keep pushing back every time they totally are going to start production for real?

>China does it too
china has surpassed the US in aircraft superiority.
their fighters achieve mach 3 with a cruise of mach 2.
all stealth.
radars that outrange US radars.
AA missiles that outrange US missiles.
sorry but china has crossed the threshold and is unparalleled. within 3 years they will have rail cannons on their fighters with computers that can reliably hit targets 25 miles away without them being able to detect the projectile

>No quantum fighters with quantum radar with quantum engines and quantum pilots

You are a failure as a Chinese shill

Sure they will. They'll be right next to the laser rifles in the armory, right?

>76 of a subpar fighter 20 years too late, with zero (0) export customers
Watching Russia's defense "industry" collapse in on itself is kino

im only sharing what's there right now. the quantum fighters will be in the air in 10 years but im talking about now.
nice cope
you joke but laser rifles are already in every major unit

Impressive.

With this most recent achievement, fate has in a single stroke, marked the decline of the west and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Chinese dragon, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of western powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. With the blessings of Chinese quantum direct-current electricity, quantum aircraft carriers and quantum enhanced railguns will be the instruments with which China affirms its noble stewardship of 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world a different option; an humanist alternative to the depredations of Western leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

Attached: 1562986083499.png (1073x386, 338K)

Once they have a complete fleet of 5G, America will unveil the new 6g fleet update or massive production. Even eurocucks are finishing 6G prototypes.

Stupid broken russians

tbf i think the whole "generational" thing is a bit of a joke. it's not like it's a hard metric anyone is going off of.

its not a joke those are parameters. much like setting a bar of what can your airplane do.

china has a 5 gen airplane design but they lack the engine expertise, so its a 4.5 with shitty engines. (guess hacking doesnt teach you metalurgy).

I guess technolgy is getting boring by now.

post the objective parameters that everyone agrees on.
i'll wait.

Attached: 1536847326227.jpg (800x576, 63K)

>you joke but laser rifles are already in every major unit
I don't believe you. How many confirmed kills do these laser rifles have, pray tell?

How many?

America shoving their dick up on Russian ass so deep is the best parameter of what airplanes are to be feared and what not.

Cia niggers got Russian 4g fighter jet down in Turkey and Syria using manpads. Little green men did the same... to a fucking drone in Iran.

At the end of the day is like measuring your dick around by how girls treat you rather than actually taking a ruler to compare it.

we can just use the ones that America uses because they are the ones who are actually raising that bar up.

Not him but.... Laser sights technically

post the ones america uses.
yeah ik but that isnt the point. when other countries start declaring they're doing generational stuff and you blindly parrot it you should probably know how they're defining that and if it's got any basis in anything but trying to look powerful

Weiner smothered in peanut butter

Attached: ok.png (689x746, 607K)

How do I get my wife to belch more openly

>america uses an unsourced png to define their aircraft generations
wow. amazing. you get that out of an airplane article?

The term "5th gen" was invented by an American company.

right. and what exactly is the metric that defines it?
and if euros are claiming to build 6th gen, who defined that?
the only thing i'm getting at is the fast and loose style for the generation is pretty much just marketing.

by this logic, americans define the generations. which doesn't make sense because what if someone doesn't ever develop stealth fighters but proceeds to develop in every other area? if you have the exact same plane with the stealth emphasis removed is it still 4th or 4.5th gen?
who decides that?

Attached: Su-57 wall.jpg (1500x1009, 1.23M)

Internationally, stealth and sensor fusion seem to be the generally agreed upon requirements for a 5th gen aircraft. Pretty much every country agrees, at least most of Asia and Europe does.

America coined the phrase but it's free to evolve, it really hasn't changed though.

its from a website for an australian aviation museum

honestly? you may just be an unsavable fuckin retard... lmao

it's defined by the players in the game who raise the bar first. if someone else comes along and decides to not follow that rule of logic then it doesn't change the definition that was already spread forth and matched.

its the reason that its the only one that matters, because we are the only ones to set forth the definition and bring an airframe that can meet that definition to IOC

you can childishly attack the .png i linked from a musuem, something which will be miles more credible than anything you can find written in a news article thanks to the state of modern journalism. but until you can actually sit down and give a nice comprehensive description of the generations as seen by any country that is not following America's logic, you can just take a seat and continue sitting under the wing of the glorious bald eagle and continue to suckle on America's teat like the good little boy you are.

It's still canceled.

>everyone agrees
you can count the countries that have a skin in this game on 1 hand.
>coined the phrase
Lockheed Martin literally made it up to apply it to the f22 and other major fighter designers disagreed then. but it stuck and people like you just act like it's just an agreed upon thing by everyone.
russia doesn't go by it.
china doesn't.
it's marketing and loose categorizations.

here's the wonderful journey of retardation we've gone down
>its not a joke those are parameters. much like setting a bar of what can your airplane do.
>we can just use the ones that America uses
>picture.png obviously just saying loosely what each gen has been so far
>America coined the phrase but it's free to evolve

my only point is there aren't any actual metrics to go by when lumping fighters into generations and different places and organizations have defined each generation a little differently.
whoever wanted to act like this was codified needs to be slapped.

>russia doesn't go by it.
uacrussia.ru/en/aircraft/lineup/military/su-57/

Go be a retarded faggot somewhere else.

wikipedia would have been just as credible as your museum.png.
and wikipedia acknowledges that there's a lack of consensus and the general rules for each generation are generally agreed upon with some debates about the later gens.

>something which will be miles more credible than anything you can find written in a news article
you're the retard making the claim that it has hard parameters.
you're literally just making shit up and now trying to quickly back up the shit you said with some google searches.
finally. and most importantly
>that spacing

Attached: 1539785528590.jpg (404x521, 179K)

>soon
So, 2040?

Wasn't this news 2 months old? The first production plane was already taking shape by then.

you misunderstand. im saying russia doesn't go by the american definition of these systems, and why would they? they're far less focused on stealth due to being poor and slavs.
them using the "generation" nomenclature doesn't mean they conform to the "american" (doesnt exist btw) measurements of each generation. American btw = lockheed martin. Lockheed made it up in the US.
Find me the metrics russia uses to define it's generations of fighters if you're going to say they abide by the same ones the US uses.

You're the one making the claim anyone is doing anything but naming anything based off of a formal system.

yet here you are, still not putting forth any bit of information forward but still shouting as loud as possible that america is wrong.

>wikipedia would have been just as credible as your museum.png.
and wikipedia acknowledges that there's a lack of consensus and the general rules for each generation are generally agreed upon with some debates about the later gens.
did you even check the source for that... it's eurofighter world, a magazine type publication that is literally made by the eurofighter consortium

>another childish attack but this time on spacing
i diagnose you with a small penis or a large clit, nothing can be done to save you and the best course of action would be to kill yourself

Attached: 1495003344996.jpg (421x421, 62K)

Nigger, I posted a link to the manufacturer of the SU-57 referring to it as 5th generation. If you have some other source that the Russians use a completely different descriptor than share it. If not, fuck off.

Chengdu has also used "5th gen" in their marketing material for the J-20

5TH gen must be at least be able to:
supercruise
operate in rain
do a cobra

The F-35 is definitely a 4 gen by this rigorous set of universally agreed upon parameters.

The qualifications of assmad vatniks aren't relevant, the qualifications of air forces and fighter manufacturers are. Stop throwing a shitfit and post those sources.

>the source
there are multiple sources. Did you even look at the page?
im not going to continue this beyond this post and you can feel like you won all day because im not going to argue over your bullshit you pulled out of your ass and refuse to step off of
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fighter_generations
multiple summaries
multiple sources
multiple differences

now then just to be clear
>its not a joke those are parameters. much like setting a bar of what can your airplane do.
>china has a 5 gen airplane design but they lack the engine expertise, so its a 4.5 with shitty engines
here you blatantly claim there are parameters and "its not a joke". this is right before you follow up with an aussie aviation museum as your source of apparently established parameters on fighter jet gens.
yeah because something like that wouldn't be found on a military website or hell, wikipedia
wikipedia isn't the end all; be all, but it helps to at least check it before you go full retard.

and you've now shifted to
>russia uses the same system because they called a plane a 5th gen
>only one source is on wikipedia that runs contrary to the parameters you say exist.
parameters that can only be found in australian air museums, it seems.
i have a 5th gen rc plane i'd like to show you sometime

Attached: 1544144316499.jpg (301x299, 20K)

>lasers guns that can’t physically exist with current battery technology
k

America tends to define the generations because they’re the ones developing the aircraft that other countries try to emulate.

europe is literally developing a "6th gen" fighter right now. that is of course, if you ask them.

Batellies ale not issue, lound-eye. Miclofusion technology is in evely Chinese home.

>The qualifications of assmad vatniks aren't relevant
source

you admit that the F-35 does not meet those criteria. Got it. Of course you can call it """5G""" and what not. This is a free country ;)

The US has been running 6th gen dev programs since before the F-35 hit IOC. I suspect they’ll be the first to have a flyable airframe by a wide margin, especially the Navy’s F/A-XX.

You're coming off as a sour retard.

Lockheed Martin, an American company, coined the term "5th gen" in order to better market the massive leap in capability afforded by the F-22's stealth, sensors, and supercruise.
Since then, multiple other international corporations have used the term "5th gen" for the same reason, to better market its abilities.

Now Lockheed Martin has built another VLO fighter aircraft that has the most advanced engine, radar, sensor fusion, and pilot workflow ever put in a fighter aircraft, but lacks supercruise. Despite this single deficiency, it's generally accepted, internationally by the militaries operating them, that the rest of its capabilities warrant the use of the term "5th gen" to describe the aircraft as it still represents a massive leap over previous generation aircraft and, additionally, supercruise provides the smallest leap in capability compared to legacy aircraft of all the requirements of the original 5th gen definition.
>Make new fighter
>it can do 4 really cool things
>call it an X fighter
>Everyone starts calling their new fighters X fighters because its a great marketing term
>Make another new fighter
>It can only do 3 of the 4 things but it does all 3 even better than the fist X fighter
>"ITS NOT AN X FIGHTER!!!!!"
Arguing over whether the F-35 is a 5th gen is pedantic.

Reminder that Su-57 can defeat stealth planes.

Attached: 1538001531047.png (938x1994, 114K)

i love how the source of every single one of those things is a news article. so pray tell my anonymous friend, are they only good in your eyes when they back up what you say and complete bunk when they may back up someone else's claims?

That must be why the Chinese are buying so many Su-57s.

so what if the US's criteria for 6th gen is different from europe?
does europe have to suddenly downgrade it to 5th gen?

are you an idiot? someone (you?) claimed there were hard parameters
there are no official sources of parameters that define fighter generations
and you want to go "hurr durr all your sources saying people disagree aren't official"
well golly gosh maybe because there are zero official parties that define what the generations are?

Attached: noshit.gif (480x192, 889K)

They actually kinda are. Russian needs funding AND production capacity for Su-57s. If the Chinese orders them, there will be no factory left for Russian air force. Instead, they ordered a bunch of Su-35s to provide funding and keep the industry going.
China is the best ally in the world

>only 76
Oh now I'm laughin

>Instead, they ordered a bunch of Su-35s to provide funding and keep the industry going.
>China is the best ally in the world
Because they're being forced to. China does not want those Su-35s to fly them but rather to reverse engineer, specifically the powerplant. Russia itself is a decade or more behind the US in terms of engine development, and China even further behind Russia. the only way they are going to catch up is if they reverse engineer. Look at the tiny purchase numbers as proof of this, every piece of military hardware china buys is not to use but to reverse engineer.

>being this ignorant
They have bought those before and got all the reverse engineering they needed. This batch is just for friendship's sake.

But vatnicks told me that the Su-57 was just a prototype and that its poor RCS and engines would be sorted out before production.

Someone make sense of all this for me please! I can feel my head spinning!

Attached: 1530908431676.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

>20 airframes by 2025
>series production

oof

>$50 a plane
>only producing 76
>going to take a full decade
This is why people don’t take Russia seriously

$50 million, excuse me

Inb4 Turkey

No China has them labeled as 4th gen using their domestic scheme and it's not even marketed for international export, Pajeet

>it's not even marketed for international export
Yes and despite that they're willing to acknowledge that the aircraft meets the international definition of 5th gen.

Attached: DwXxwU1X0AAVIup.jpg (1706x960, 275K)

At the end of the day, fighter generations are just semantics, but they’re generally agreed upon among the aerospace industry as a whole. Usually, the aircraft that provides the technological leap necessary to get people to see it as a separate generation ends up defining said generation.

I dunno, I think 50 million rubles works out to around $50 these days.

>Better
can the F-35 defeat the F-22 1 on 1?
No. A SU-30 MKI can kill it until proven otherwise.
So fuck off

I’m pretty sure there’s been at least a few cases of F-35s bagging Raptors at Red Flag. The sensor integration and ability to use EOTS for targeting give it a bit of an edge in some scenarios. The F-22 will always be the better pure fighter, but that doesn’t mean it’s invincible to the F-35.

>finishing 6G prototypes
What the fuck, both the UK and EU 5G+DronePal (6G, lol) aircraft aren't even in R&D since the government military panels still haven't released the design parameters to meet.

F-35s are much more likely to win against Raptors
>smaller frontal RCS
>better data links
>newer radar
>EOTS for passive weapon guidance.
What the fuck does an Su-30 have to do with anything

I wouldn’t say they’re much more likely to win, but they definitely have a number of advantages that can counter the F-22’s superior flight performance.

5G will give everyone cancer there won't be any 6G silly boy

Nice source you have there bro

>No S-ducks
>No Radar blockers
>No RAM
>Underbelly not flat
>Rivets
>Old engines, with no visible RCS reduction or thermal management
>Big IRST bubble increasing frontal RCS
>Metal framed canopy

Ya hate to see it happen.

>all dem memes
none of that shit matters.

>Also notice how they never quite get there?

Attached: implessive3.png (1400x5552, 946K)

>none of that shit matters.
Yes we know stealth doesn't matter to the Russians. They will forever build and fly their 4++++++++++++++++++ generation aircraft.

>SU-23 is now 4G
I can't believe the Gripen and SuperBugs are 5.5G fighters

The only true 5th generation fighter is the MiG-41 laser armed space fighter.

Nothing compared to Trump flying his 8G Interdimensional Hyperspace Plane

All this slav/chink posturing reminds me of the old days. I guess it's back. What's old is new, eh.

I'm personally looking forward to the return of Cold War era arms procurement funding.

>That must be why the Chinese are buying so many Su-57s.

Or...because they can't make their own planes and its all they can do even though its sht...its the only option open to them because they can't buy rafs, typhoons, f16s, f35s, grifs etc?

remember when the russians had a plane so trash that even the poo in loos quit the program?

nigger, it doesn't matter because of L-band radar.

>remember when the russians had a plane so trash that even the poo in loos quit the program?
Indians quit the program because Russians refused to a technology transfer. Indians want to build a plane in India and want someone to give them all the means to build one. US hasn't gotten further with them either.
Indians also say that US drones are total shit.

hindustantimes.com/india-news/india-rethinks-buying-us-drones/story-lrXANhzediWzKLd6j9bsqJ.html

>biggest country by land mass
>76 planes

Attached: 1557383832663.png (745x726, 389K)

>China thinks
IMPLESSIVE

>poos calling anything shit
lol'd

Would it not be fair considering the Indians were bank rolling the program? Same reason the Italians seperated the M-346 from the Yak-130 because the Russians were unable to pay for their share.

>China is the best ally in the world
you know, except for when relations between the two were trashed in the 70s because chinks got too big for their britches

China's not actually buying Su-57s user.

>Achieve Mach 3
Nice chink propaganda Mr Chang

>what is tundra

US geography is on easy mode and you mutts pretend that it's your fake democracy