Virgin murica engineering vs chad makeshift russian engineering

virgin murica engineering vs chad makeshift russian engineering

Attached: FB_IMG_1564911241537.jpg (711x600, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_in_space
scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-nasa-spen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As long as it works you can't argue with ivan

America is more about getting as much money as you can to do a simple job while Russia is about doing as simple of a job as you can with as little money

which one can you fire slugs one handed with and barely deflect off target? exactly, miss me with your shit logic

while mutts paying their time and money on space pen, based ivans just brought pencil to space.

Pretty much this.
>NASA spent a pile of dosh to create a pen that works in space
>Soviets just used a pencil instead

you retards think that was a good idea? bet you also think communism hasn't really been given a proper chance either.

no. communism was stupid in anyway.
based ivans just got trapped by that stupid ideology.

Except that's a myth that needs to die. The space pen cost a ton to develop, but it wasn't at NASA's request. It was a private company that produced it and tried to sell it to NASA; NASA has no clue it existed until it was done and being pitched to them. They eventually expressed some interested and bought some units. First units were like $120 each or something but after that it was like $20/pen.

Then the guy made a fuck-ton of money selling "space pens" to suckers because NASA used it.

image very related to automatic shotguns.
Did he dyed fast or instant? IDK since im not a doctor

Attached: rekt.png (1146x861, 325K)

>this myth again
So, first off, NASA did not pay to develop the space pen, rather the company who built it independently funded development and sold it to NASA. Second, pencils turned out to be pretty damn dangerous in space, due to graphite dust's tendency to cause short circuits and get in eyes. Finally, Russia ended up abandoning the pencil relatively quickly and switched to pens as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_in_space

>you retards think that was a good idea?
what are you referring to?
Pencils in space? Well yeah, it works.
Kalash firing common ammo type? Well yeah, it works.

Attached: 1473802549305.webm (1280x720, 903K)

also loose debris like pencil shavings are a huge problem in a zero g environment. that's why astronauts have to eat out of special containers and go to bathroom in basically a diaper.

>Pencils in space? Well yeah, it works.
Not really. Russia almost immediately started using grease pencils and later pens.

ok ok calm down
u r dam ool right

Checked
They beat us into space. I'm not even confident Americans really made it onto the moon since we conveniently lost all of the original footage

>torso still intact
He's fine. Probably playing basketball right now.

I think If I'm remembering correctly the pen was developed by a private company (Fisher I think it was) completely on their own with about 1 million dollars in development. After it was finished they showed it to NASA who looked at it and said it was neat and bought a couple. Before then they also just used pencils and still used them after.

Isn't the AA12 a Korean weapon? It was made by Daewoo.

AA12 looks sexy
Saida12 looks like a meth addicted AK47

That's the USAS 12. Different gun.

ventilation holes for better performance

Attached: vcarter05cos-1_250x.jpg (214x325, 14K)

Hes white so he's gotta find a workaround for not having larger nostrils.

You forgot the part where russia uses same amount of mooney as usa but steals 90% of it

Sauce? This stuff fascinated me.

A Anti-personnel mine made with 2nd pic rekt a Jow Forumsommando for looting a candy shop. Ask if you need infos about shrapnel V0 and other shit

fake news, stop perpetuating this myth. soviets used pencils once and noticed how the fucking shit went absolutely everywhere and then they switched too, dumbass.

scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-nasa-spen/

A better example would be airfields. During the Cold War and perhaps even today US airmen would link arms every morning and comb the runway picking up bolts, branches, anything that could be sucked up into the jet engines and fuck up the plane. The Russians put a grill over the jet intake which reduced the efficiency of the engine quite considerably but they decided that the time saved and engine resilience was more important.

have never seen a fucking soviet jet engine with a grill on it

The grill is over the propeller to protect it

How could they pick things up if they all had their arms locked???

calling BS on that, only thing i could find was this

Attached: file.png (1034x811, 737K)

With their mouths.
Imagine the day when OP forgets his dildo collection there or when Indian tourist group wanders to the wrong airplane street.

>russkies don't have FOD walks
Ok, I'm jealous.

No they let their airfields go to shit. Partially because russians are too drunk to walk in a straight line at any given moment.

Not if your MX, their engines need to be overhauled about 3x more often on average than their American counterparts.

Off of the top of my head, the Su-33 has an actual screen but I can’t find a picture of it. The MiG-29, has a ramp that lowers to cover the main air intake while the gear is down and is instead fed by a secondary grill intake on top of the fuselage.

Attached: BCD11B32-0048-4559-8D12-C947CE1DC0DA.jpg (700x340, 32K)

Graphite pens scatter dust and particulate everywhere in Zero G, which cause lots of fucking problems you can't afford to be dealing with all the time on a space mission.

> ruskis gimp takeoff because their runways are shit
> swedes can use any flat part of their road network as runway
Oh my god the vodkaniggers are even worse than i thought.

AA12
>one dumbass insists the AA12 will be revolutionary new infantry weapon, that a full-auto shotgun firing birdshot would be able to replace a squad automatic weapon because a 20rd drum of 12-Gauge shell full of small shot is obviously more projectiles than a linked belt of rifle cartridges (nevermind how this idea is fundamentally flawed)
>designs a weapon entirely around the idea of controllable full-auto fire with 12-Gauge, so it's a blowback shotgun firing from an open-bolt with advanced primer ignition
>dedicates his life to this dumb fucking thing
>US Armed Forces, and really any other army and security force in the rest of the world, exhibit exactly zero interest in this contraption, because what the fuck do you do with this thing
>the AA12 basically only exists in movies and games, no civilian sales because it's designed entirely around full-auto and fires from an open-bolt, would need to be redesigned closed-bolt, where all you then have is a stupid blowback shotgun

Saiga 12
>"hey, the Kalashnikov design is pretty adaptable"
>"let's use it as a base and make a gas operated shotgun that uses detachable box magazines"
>sells it as a sporting gun
>attracts some Mil/LEO interest because unlike a full-auto shotgun, a semi-auto shotgun is actually practical
>widely popular on civilian markets because gas operated shotguns that can take detachable magazines are great, also it has cool Kalashnikov pedigree

The AA-12 is about the most retarded weapon I've ever seen, while the Saiga is a pretty damn nice shotgun

this.

>insists the AA12 will be revolutionary new infantry weapon, that a full-auto shotgun firing birdshot would be able to replace a squad automatic weapon
what the fuck was the guy smoking

You need to think of it as a noguns.
>What's a really powerful gun you can fire? A shotgun
>What makes the shotgun really powerful? The pellets, why not use birdshot for more pellets?
>Now how do we make this weapon better? Fully automatic, ofcourse. Because fully automatic kills everything even faster!
>How do we make it controllable in full auto? Have the firerate be slow enough that you could outrun it with a decent trigger using a semi-auto. Brilliant!

>the grates don't even work
Holy shit, what a bunch of retards

I think with the frag rounds it could have some limited use but really its to heavy and bulky for that

the frag rounds are even more retarded, what the fuck kind of use is there for having a gun that fires 12ga sized frag rounds at full auto for 20 rounds max? Suppressing by blowing off multiple doors with a burst?

>used by Mil/LEO only in vidya

>used by elite LEO

Attached: 1519830451175894544.jpg (1080x565, 56K)

>single projectile
>slower than 7.62
>additional 1000-2000ft-lbs explosive energy
>loose penetration mass after impact because explosion
>cant penetrate AR500
Just why?

A dumb but fun way to lane clear

Would rather have a 40mm or a bunch of offensive hand grenades instead.

>reliable
Funny way to say “complete piece of shit”.
That is the USAS-12.

Don't run birdshot and weaksauce targetloads and it'll do fine.

that just means they are extra prepared for avoiding holes in the runway.

I unironically want a saiga. Any recommendations?

>use a pencil to save money
>have conductive graphite shavings floating around the cabin filled with sensitive electronics
>"based Russian efficiency!!!"

Attached: shut_up.png (395x395, 35K)

The roads are built to runway standards and if in use will be maintained as a runway. I know you are trolling but please do it better.

Kind of depends on where you are, some places are Pothole City.

Every road isn't built to runway standards, but the ones they planned to use as runways in case of war were built to runway specs. 1 plane taking of a road with pothole will destroy the road making it unusable for runway use until it is repaired.

as a no-guns it always looked really cool but as I learned more about the hobby I slowly started to realize it was fucking retarded
a very good tool for converting weight into noise

It's too late.

Maybe get something from Kalashnikov usa

Thats a fucking myth. Also graphite is conductive and you really don't want graphite dust to fuck up your very important life support electronics or worse, navigation.

>also loose debris like pencil shavings are a huge problem in a zero g environment.
Why couldn't they just use grease pencils, the type where instead of sharpening it, you unwrap a layer of paper around it?

because grease particles are even worse and trying to write anything small with grease pencisl is a giant pain in the ass

vepr 12 is better than both of them

>They beat us into space. I'm not even confident Americans really made it onto the moon since we conveniently lost all of the original footage.
Except there's that mirror they left on there which let people calculate exactly how far away the moon is with lasers, which was confirmed by the soviets.

nobody uses pencils in zero G dumbass

I mean, a full-auto shotgun is probably really fun for just informal plinking and blasting stuff on a range, which IMO is enough to justify if existing, but from a practical point of view everything it does that matters can be done just way better with a Vepr-12, USAS-12, or Benelli M4.

There's no question that a Benelli M4 can outrun the AA12. The AA12 just goes at it like an old Chauchat in terms of ROF, *chunka chunka chunka chunka*

not in a world with 1986

It's that the exact opposite though?
>You see, Sergei, to stop rocks from making engines go boom we will put cover over intakes then install extra intakes on top of plane for take off.

>Here's a broom, Dave, go sweep the runway.

>which reduced the efficiency of the engine quite considerably
It's a question of tradeoff at best.

One sign of really low intellectual capacity is when somebody, almost by instinct, attempts to recreate the wheel every time they begin drafting a concept. It’s the kind of shit a twelve year old does when you ask them to draw what they consider a “good” solution to a problem.

Attached: CEEE161E-88F7-4A14-B277-1AC7B4204DC3.jpg (858x821, 359K)

What is this move called and where can I learn it mr. super satan?

boomer myth