How long until a bored billionaire decides that the world is lacking in honest-to-god reproduction of old guns and...

how long until a bored billionaire decides that the world is lacking in honest-to-god reproduction of old guns and starts producing them?

Attached: 1564356007328.png (915x864, 674K)

What qualifies as an old gun op?

Musket

Never going to happen. There are far easier ways of making and growing wealth than to take an enormous risk of huge amounts of capital to start production from the ground up to hope there's enough demand to eventually turn a profit.

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

Yes

Never

When it becomes profitable to do so.

>spend a fortune on tooling for complicated old largely obsolete firearms with the potential for giant liability lawsuits which only a niche market would buy

um, ok

this

Define obsolete

What do you want to see remade?

I'm not OP btw. I'd like to see a C96, maybe some other iconic or historically significant guns. Not necessarily in their original caliber

The C96 is kind of stupidly complex, maybe if you simplified the FCG and action, and also made a better magazine. With investment casting you could cut costs further.

One problem though, you're still putting in a lot of money to make a completely obsolete pistol, how are you going to compete with a market where you can find a mixed parts C96 refurb with a relined barrel for half of what your pistol will retail for?
Mauser tried to make a repro series of Luger pistols in the 1970s, going by your mindset, and found that it was completely unprofitable and they had wasted millions and millions on tooling up to compete with a surplus market that undercut them basically every step of the way.

What you want to do is really difficult to get off the ground, at the most you can have a small outfit which makes these special guns on order, like how SMG Guns make FG42 repros, they're expensive, but they're also high quality and you sign up on a waiting list to have yours made. They have the advantage that there is just nowhere else where you can get anything like an FG42, unlike with Luger pistols and Mauser pistols.

Attached: 7e75a388550887de675fdb0c8e56b932.jpg (1200x717, 121K)

I guess what OP meant with "bored billionaire" is that the guy wouldn't give a shit about turning much of a profit.
For a normal business I think reproductions of old service rifles in .22lr could work. Like what Norinco did with their Mauser 98 lookalike

Attached: Norinco-TU-KKW-comparison.jpg (3214x1000, 1.27M)

Soon as LINK hits $1000

Eh.. the only way I can see that happening is if someone wanted to burn off a huge block of cash instead of giving it to shitty ass offspring and for some reason donating it all to charity wasn't an option. So it's not going to happen ever. Many millionaires are frugal to the extreme. Dude standing next to you wearing sweats and picking up discounted groceries could be a doctor.

Most billionaires seem to hate weapons (except for the ones that their security carries)

Billionaires have better things to do than appease red necks.

people already make repro muskets

>bored bilionaire

when he is gonna run out of his money, but wait... he ain't gonna produce shit then, innit?

Billionaires like to have the guys protecting them armed and everyone else disarmed.

Most billionaires are too busy fucking small children.

De Lisle carbine in 22lr that takes 10/22 mags would be awesome, but no billionaire would be interested in that or any other reproduction of old guns.

About the same time trickle down economics took effect

based and abs-oyvey-lutely redpilled