Want to buy my first gun

I want a pistol $400 or less, any recommendations?

Also, what's a good range to practice at in northern Utah?

Attached: I need a weapon.png (539x368, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/823968069
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used Glock
Ruger Security 9
Caniks
S&W M&P

M&P 2.0 9mm

How northern is northern?
weber county shooting complex is pretty nice.
there's also an outdoor place right by Willard bay.

Taurus G2c

I'm between Bountiful and Ogden.
Maybe I can check those places out.

if you just want a pistol range there's a gun store in Layton with a little indoor range. There's probably something else close to you, but I don't know about it. Allegedly there's a range at Hill, but I have no idea why since you can't bring weapons on base.

>read the sticky
>you're in Utah, just go outside

go to the gun store and actually talk to people and actually get a feel of some handguns, then start doing your research and ask questions you have.

yeet canon

go to a local gun shop, ask to see guns in your budget. thank the man behind the counter and tell him you're going to be back. go to the nearest range that does rentals and rent 3 or 4 of the guns in your budget that felt the best in your hand and bust off 50 to 100 rounds across the 3 or 4 of them. then go back and buy the gun you liked the best.

a lot of people will tell you glock or S&W, but only you will know what you want. also don't forget Walther exists.

SD9VE.
Don't know why so many people are saying Glock and M&P, those usually run like 450-550

Many people say good things about Roach-made "Canik" pistols.

and the PPS can be had for 325 - 350

Thinking about a g2c myself. Reviewed well and it's around 200 USD. Nice features too.

The PPS is also a piece of shit made by an airgun company.

High point, just go for it. If you can try to wait till the new YC9 comes out.

Ruger Wrangler for cheap cowboy larping

+1 for M&P 2.0
Absolutely love mine more than any other striker fired poly I've handled and shot.

Bountiful Lions Range, how the fuck do you not know that one?

honestly just shell out the extra 250 and get something good

Chrome AP9
gunbroker.com/item/823968069

I've learned a lot about diagnosing misfunctions from messing with simple blowback guns.

Double feeds? Bend the feed lips down so the round below the first doesn't present to high to get caught by the bolt.

Bolt doesn't close all the way? If rubbing the feedlips, bend them out. If rubbing the follower, lower the lower the catch on the magazine by filing it down.
If it the above is fixed and it won't feed on a full mag, and it's not double feeding, replace the recoil spring.

Round stripping from mag but hitting the trunion instead of going into the chamber? Polish the ramp, then if still occurs, angle the feel lips upward.

Round stripping and entering chamber but still not fully in battery? Replace the recoil spring.

Light or no primer strikes? If it's fully in battery and not getting hung up like above, replace the firing pin. If the new pin is too long and punctures the primers, file it down.

Failure to eject? Change the extractor before you change or bend the ejector. The ejector can't do it's job if the extractor grips the cartridge loosely or lets it drop.

Try an RIA 1911 then just put the money into parts to make it more the way you want it.

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1556033394103.jpg_1556033399370.jpg (3264x1632, 1.01M)

PSA ar

Oh wait, a pistol

Ruger mk4