Legally...

>Legally, how was the ATF allowed to completely ban the ownership of bumpstocks without any type of amnesty or registration time period without offering compensation.

I thought you were required compensation by law for your shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_Process_Clause
wboc.com/story/39988869/dover-man-arrested-for-illegal-bump-stock-attachment
masslive.com/news/boston/2018/03/tewksbury_police_make_one_of_t.html
justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/seattle-felon-arrested-cache-firearms-including-assault-weapons-and-bump-stocks
washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/04/anything-real-say-about-shootings-mr-president/?utm_term=.39e360e50d29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Thinking Trump, the GOP, or Executive Branch gives a flying fuck about you, your rights, or fair value of your property

has anyone anywhere been arrested fined or otherwise fucked with for having one?

literally who the fuck cares about laws or the ATF at this point
do the rest of us a favor and blow your brains out you retarded cunt

>I thought you were required compensation by law for your shit.

Why did you think this?
Cite the law that you belive grants this right.

Because it's not a gun

the ATF has never ever won any case regarding pistol braces bumpstocks binary triggers etc in any state

Because it was an executive order. Big difference, legally speaking.

>how was the ATF allowed to completely ban the ownership
Shoelace, belt-loop, etc.

Holy fuck you glowniggers calm down. I just wanted the legal justification for how this was even allowed to pass without being thrown out of court.

Why would that matter?

Probably because binary triggers arent illegal, bumpfire stocks are too new, and they kind of screwed themselves into a corner with braces. What else would you be referring to?

by ruling that you had a post 86 MG and were in illegal possession of one as a non FFL holder
basically there is no justice in this country if you're a gun owner

Shoelaces are classified as machineguns when niggerrigged to your rifle.

No they aren't

>Holy fuck you glowniggers calm down.

Fuck your fucking mother you illiterate fucking Mongoloid. Do your own research you lazy, stunned cunt.

Now say it with me,
"I was wrong and was intentionally spreading misinformation"

Attached: ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2004.jpg (800x1035, 49K)

You first.

Attached: ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2007.jpg (637x824, 77K)

>pass
Thats the legislative branch
>court
Judicial branch
Executive does what they want, stop being emotional

Yes, they are. The 2004 letter was vague and poorly worded. The 2007 letter from ATF Technical clarifying it made it clear that a shoelace applied to a gun in such a manner as to increase it's rate of fire constitutes manufacture of a machinegun.

Attached: ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2007.jpg (637x824, 76K)

Binary triggers and pistol braces arent illegal. So why would they?

Are you illiterate?

>Cite the law that you belive grants this right.

Fuckin hell, senpai. RTFM.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_Process_Clause

Attached: DueProcessClause.jpg (945x350, 38K)

>no you see shoelaces arent machineguns
>but looping one over your rifle turns the entire gun into one

Attached: 1552350973432.jpg (229x343, 24K)

Lol... Senpai (F A M) is replaced with Senpai (S e n p a i) by some filter now.

wboc.com/story/39988869/dover-man-arrested-for-illegal-bump-stock-attachment
masslive.com/news/boston/2018/03/tewksbury_police_make_one_of_t.html
justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/seattle-felon-arrested-cache-firearms-including-assault-weapons-and-bump-stocks

I would love, LOVE to see them try to prosecute this.

Bingo.
A device made to convert a gun to FA is a machine gun on it's own. Shoelaces were made to hold shoes on feet, ergo not they are not machine guns.
Following the ATF ruling of once a machine gun always a machine gun though a gun that has fired FA, even if it can no longer do so, is a machine gun and the use of the shoelace has resulted in the illegal manufacture of a machine gun.

Given this day and age, with our courts full to the brim of anti-gun activist judges and the general population wanting gun owners to hang, it would probably pass with flying colors.
Our legal system isnt exactly consistent or fair.

Attached: Screenshot_20180528-035647.png (1080x1920, 572K)

I mean, the only real question is if the trigger resets after each cycle. If that action is firing more than one round after the initial opening of a cycle, it is by categorical definition under the National Firearms Act, a MG and the shoelace is a device intended to create a machine gun.

It's fucking absurd, but it's the letter of the law.

>thinking this filter is recent
So funny when newfags show how new they are

All someone would have to do is make a public stink about how Sunny Jim is making full auto ARs with children's shoe strings and it would be steamrolled in an hour flat

Don't y'all just love how Drumpf is so passionate at protecting the second amendment for all Americans?

Attached: 1555610944594.gif (245x245, 158K)

They aren't ... For over 80 years the ATF has stated that the NFA/GCA law is clear and unambiguous. Now they're arguing that the law is ambiguous, in need of executive interpretation (fuck the judicial branch), that the ATF were wrong about classifying bump stocks as accessories, and that bump stocks were never legal and are currently unregulated machineguns.

Which means that the public has had access to unregulated "machineguns" for almost 10 years, and they have not caused any major public safety issues.

> bump stocks, rubber bands, wood planks and nails, etc.

The fact that so many are in circulation will not stop the ATF from trying to enforce the law as they have misinterpreted it. Law abiding citizens will be unjustly arrested and jailed, their property seized, and their rights denied.

> the ATFs silence on bump stocks in the Las Vegas incident is a little strange as well, being that this was the impetus for their "reinterpretation" of the law

Basicly all you need to shut down a pro gun Republican voter these days is to ask them why is it that with Republican control of the House, Senate, and Executive there was more gun control passed n two years than all 8 years of the Obama administration.

Like, you can hear synaptic connections dying when you ask them this.

the hell is a glow nigger?

are you actually aspergers? for fucks sake

>t.

Attached: 75048115.jpg (1146x868, 193K)

nice spacing reddit
and politicians are cowards, what else is new

Doesnt change the fact Obama tried to install a permanent AWB but was stopped by Republicans
Or that the only legislation regarding ownership passed by the white house was an executive order, which is set to expire unlike an outright ban

Attached: 2j5bgvz375u01.png (998x628, 507K)

C O P E

O

P

E

Attached: swedish_chef.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Doesn't change the fact that Republicans and Trump are supporting red flag laws.
Giving courts and law enforcement the right to take guns away from law abiding citizens without due process because a history of browsing 4channel.

No, DiFi tried to do that, it represents the only major federal push for gun control during the entire Obama Administration, and it was shut down in a Democratically controlled Senate. Republicans have you thinking they're the only way to stop gun control when that's just not true. They'll sell you out in a second when it's politically convenient.

Both parties basically the same when it comes to gun rights, however republicans are a bit better. However republicans are much better than democrats when it comes to social and economic values. Vote for the lesser of two evils, because there is no way a third party will win.

As far as I can tell it will be flipped in the courts once MACs/GOA case makes it to trial fir the takings clause if nothing else

>Republicans currently responsible for largest act of Federal gun control in 25 years.

Republicans have passed more gun control than Democrats, and Democrats have arguable loosened restrictions more than Republicans for longer than the average poster on this board has been alive I would argue.

Takings clause

you aren't just a cuck, you're fucking braindead

>when you have no arguments

Attached: 1466543713374.png (281x451, 138K)

The way it worked is that the XO "suggested" that the DOJ henceforth interpret a bump stock as a machine gun.

>but isn't that bullshit? Isn't that like telling them to interpret the sky as brown, down as up, 1+1=3?
Yes. It has no legal standing based on any change in law. It is forcing the entity to interpret fiction as fact and to make all subsequent decisions and precedent based on this completely ass-backwards idea. That way they were able to "get-around" having to actually make a legal legislative change that could have larger implications to the NFA.

A republican controlled US Government exercised a massive over reach of Federal authority to impose a gun ban, full motherfucking stop. The last administration, loosed regulations regarding carry on Federal lands.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

They're not. It's in violation of the 4th, 5th, and 14th amendments, at least.
BATFaggots can say whatever the fuck they want, doesn't make it legal in the slightest.

The largest gun control takes place in states rather than federally, where democrats have a terrible track record.

>A republican controlled US Government exercised a massive over reach of Federal authority to impose a gun ban, full motherfucking stop.
with a sunset clause that a then future republican president allowed to expire and the proceeding democrat administration tried to revive
>The last administration, loosed regulations regarding carry on Federal lands.
I could already carry in my state and I don't live on federal land
stay leddit

>with a sunset clause that a then future republican president allowed to expire and the proceeding democrat administration tried to revive

Okay, Republicans still implemented it, deflect and rationalize all you want facts are facts even if they hurt your feefees and narrative.

>I could already carry in my state and I don't live on federal land

Okay, Democrats still passed it; deflect and rationalize all you want facts are facts even if they hurt your feefees and narrative.

>stay leddit

Fucking intellectually dishonest cunt.

Does that really mean much now that Dems are trying to get rid of concealed carry?

>with a sunset clause that a then future republican president allowed to expire and the proceeding democrat administration tried to revive
You know what else they could have done instead of adding a sunset clause? Voted nay.

>Republicans do bad things
>bad
>Republicans do good thing
>still bad
But I'm the disingenuous one right?

>Democrats still passed it
Passed what? A bill that let's you carry your dur rifle to go hunt? Fuck off faggot nobody thinks some fud law is better than letting people buy sporting rifles again
50% yourself nigger

>everything I dont like is glownigger

One can argue gun control wasn't as politically divisive as it is now. Now it's a blatant gun grab from the left's favorite punching bag

>second amendment
Should be abolished just only because it's badly written.

Also, benis in bagina.

>sunset clause
FREEDUMS!

Attached: 170.png (1200x800, 454K)

Because what are you gonna do about it?

>implying that is a recent change

But what you described hasn't happened at all. The Republicans didn't do a good thing that I'm unfairly shitting on, the Republicans did a bad thing by letting and endorsing an unconstitutional ban on bump stocks WHEN THEY WERE IN COM-FUCKING-PLETE CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT!

Fucking neck yourself you tribalist, party over rights, cunt faced stunned twat.

binary triggers are in a lot of states

assault weapons ban was the democrats, wasn't it?

Why are retards defending Reagan? Faggot from Illinois did amnesty and gun control A TRUE CONSERVATIVE.

Lots of feds in this thread. Or worse bootlicker scum.

They didn't change or add a law, which would require they do that. They simply changed the definition of a machine gun so bump stocks are a machine gun. The amnesty/grandfather period ended in '86.

So the ATF "rules" that parts that can "convert" a gun into a "machine gun" are not illegal in of themselves.

yet they still do the illegal confiscation

If you read NFA you'd know that a bump stock doesn't fit the text at all but of course this is America so to get any justice you need to have been thrown in jail, appeal, appeal, appeal once more and if you have the time and money for that maybe 8 years later the supreme court will deign to take your case.

>I just wanted the legal justification for how this was even allowed to pass without being thrown out of court.
You are perfectly able to file a court case if that's what you want. And fund it for the years it will take to reach the US Supreme Court (if they will even hear it). Laws and regulations don't get tested in court until a case makes it all the way through.

Your children might get that $79.95 refund for your confiscated bump stock. Minus the (((legal fees))).

>now

one of his braindead lackeys was on TV earlier today supporting a new AWB, I expected nothing less from someone who worked under that fagola.

The second amendment is very clearly written. People just intentionally misinterpret what's written to fit their narrative.

Nope, it doesn't define what a militia is.

it doesn't need to define what a militia is in order to state that the reason for the second amendment is to keep said militia well regulated

(you)

Attached: 1554570527807.png (199x200, 11K)

Except that amendment is built on existing legislations and a general understanding of what a militia is; if you'd actually read any of the accompanying texts and documents to the US Constitution the Founders explicitly define the meaning of a militia.

>just hand the reigns to the people who outright say they want to ban your guns, they surely wouldn't do it!
fucktarded and fucktardpilled, go jump off a bridge

It wasn't an EO......it was a reclassification by the ATF.....done with the same authority they have always had.
The reason there was no amnesty is due to the Hughes Amendment......no transferrable MG's allowed to be added to the registry since '86.
The reason there is no "compensation" is that contraband has no monetary value.....

stay mad kid

Registration time? Like with AR pistols in California? You register it and they’ll come fucking take it

What's a well REGULATED militia then?

this really makes you cry doesn't it?

Compelling argument now I'm ok with my rights being stripped

nigger

They gave them to you and they can take them away

/Arg/ seems pretty sure that pistol braces are going to be illegal from now on.

B O A T
O
A
T

F I R E
I
R
E

Is that scope... installed backwards?

Source

>/arg/
>heads up their asses
Yeah checks out

>Legally
It wasn't done with a law, so it's not legal. They just updated their documentation to say they can destroy your shit and you can just deal with it

>explicitly define the meaning of a militia
Pretty much. It's anything that the States appoint officers for and train.

Legally?

Dude nothing fucking matters. They’re going to do whatever they want to do. You don’t have rights according to them. Read the whole manifesto from the ATF about bump stocks. I did. It’s literally them just stating all of the logical reasons that they shouldn’t ban them, and then saying but we’re going to do it anyway.

It was a test run for the coming AWB. They wanted to see if they could just ignore legal precedents and push it through, and they got away with it. So now they’re coming for semi autos. Consider this- legal affairs fail, THATS why we have the guns.

We live in a post civil society

Attached: 73d18205b4b3dca1a75aab7da3b7d3fb.gif (500x377, 266K)

Trump is a fucking traitor and should be hanged

washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/04/anything-real-say-about-shootings-mr-president/?utm_term=.39e360e50d29

Attached: Ag.jpg (388x384, 48K)

>being this new
Good grief senpai. Try and keep up.