What does Jow Forums think about airsoft? is it a good way to train for tactical situations?

what does Jow Forums think about airsoft? is it a good way to train for tactical situations?
and i guess this also begs the question,
could VR be good for this kind of thing? especially with some of the new games ive seen like pavlov.

Attached: Resized_20190804_172948_8193.jpg (1200x1600, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjpc-6e_Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=R7owE3ipeI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: lion.jpg (576x768, 88K)

Used to do that with my buds
It's a good time if you treat it as it is
It's the larpers and wannabe milfags who make everything cringe as fuck

oh it's this thread again

Attached: f48.png (333x394, 156K)

What happened to just a long sleeve flannel, jeans, good boots and a mask? Why go full retard with shit you dont use?

Attached: E9ECC4B4-1CBB-4F1E-8642-BAEC483DF683.png (500x478, 136K)

... What?

it looks pretty practical to me user idk what you're seeing

I don't do airsoft but do paintball. I think it's good PT and helps with tactical thinking. Normies will say ur larping tho.

It's fun to larp in your gear and shoot other man children

>to train
not with the way people play it and it would only possibly be valid for extreme close quarters considering the speed of pellets.

the people who are into it are consistently cringyey as fuck. every single person irl i've ever known to do airsoft was weird and tryhardy in all the wrong areas of life.
the larping is fine, but pretending you know anything because of it is not.

they like to larp. as in the actual definition.
which would be fine except they don't care to look into doing things right so it's the equivalent of teenagers trying to copy what they heard in CoD and saving private ryan over their dad's walkie talkies.

paintball is fine. Airshit is cringe tier

It's a game.

It’s pretty fun, but basically useless for any sort of training purposes considering the ballistics of plastic bbs.

Attached: 344DD20A-3419-48C2-B877-B14F7D94EE3F.jpg (639x639, 79K)

>good way to train for tactical situations?
No, a good way to train for tactical situations is to join a reserve force.

great to get kids into guns and desensitize adults to pulling the trigger on humans

Used to do a bit of it with a few guys from my previous unit years ago. None of us did any high speed larping, but we did use it to do squeeze in extra training. It was hella fun to do.

The fellow who hosted had built a small kill house in his back yard. So we all got to work on basic motions of breaching and clearing. To bad he got promoted out and moved closer to his new unit, tearing it down and selling his house.The rest of us moved to paintball at a local spot near an old neighborhood I used to live. They shortly closed it down and put an overpass there. The closest paintball/airsoft field is like a 3 hour drive one way.

As far as consumer VR goes... HA! As a vive user, it is still a long way off. But as the tracking gets better, Im sure your everyday mouth breather can larp as well. But right now, as we speak, no.

Attached: 20190805_002349.jpg (4031x2166, 911K)

Running around as a kid shirtless shooting your friends is a top tier experience.
As an adult, oof. (I'd still do it though desu)

dammit I wanted to post that

its great fun but the fags who bitch about things like trigger discipline with a unloaded gun to 10 year olds are just pricks. I've been airsofting for almost 2 years now, and while some basic tactics, such as suppressing fire, fire and maneuver etc, work really well, so does just charging around the flank shooting from the hip. Half the time I go, I bring a rubber bayonet and foam swords and conduct banzai charges. Overall if you got a good site its fun as shit, just gotta watch for pooftahs who think its fucking Afghan.

sure you can just go in jeans, but proper gear works just as well, and it can camouflage you (if you make a effort) plate carriers and helmets are dumb as fuck tho, worn by fags who don't consider the fact a helmet just makes their head a bigger target, and that plate carriers are overpriced if you don't actually need to put a plate in it. Personally, I just use a shitty chest rig for spare mags, batteries and other shit which could be useful, and a bush hat because being a britbong its always either too hot or pissing it down when I'm playing.

>what does Jow Forums think about airsoft?
meh, it's harmless and it makes people like guns so it's fine

>is it a good way to train for tactical situations?
yes and no. Yes because if you want to "win" your match you train not to get hit and you get to experience using your senses to attack and react to being attacked which is useful. However, the big difference is that guns are very loud which changes the whole tactical dynamic. So while airsoft can provide good thought exercise, it doesn't do much for practical experience.

>could VR be good for this kind of thing?
VR is the future of combat training.

>especially with some of the new games ive seen like pavlov.
wat

Make it milsim with injure stage and mandatory hearing protection, plugs and muffs(no actives) so you have to start yelling.

>no actives
Are you a retard?

It's really just expensive larping, some of the gear is pretty nice, but most is chink shit

>First reply wasn't redirecting OP to /asp/ or /toy/ where airshit belongs
Jow Forums is truly dead at this point

It’s a money pit. Stay away and use the money you save to buy ammo. That is way better for training purposes. Go on the internet and learn tactics. Use what you learn innawoods. If your airsofting friends don’t even have guns, training with them will be pointless. If they do have guns, train with them with live rounds instead of shooting bbs that go painfully slow. Also speed softers ruin the game so it’s not even fun

Played it for a few years loved it now my shit is collecting dust

Absolutely this, I didn't put as much into it as some people do but I could have gotten into "real steel" sooner.

The vive is recognised as probably the worst option for VR at this point to be fair.

The stock rift has better controlelrs, the Rift S has better controllers, no base stations and better screen

>airshit

It's a good way to check if your gear works when you're running around all day but I wouldn't take it for more than that.

Had a lot of fun with it back in the day running around the local woods.

MOUT sites can be real fun with airsoft and *can* be used to actually train if you're with competent people who don't have their heads up their own asses thinking they are actually hot shit SF. Airsofting with my Army and marine buddies is fun. Don't waste a ton of Money on it unless you really get into it. Most of us just use our gear we already have from service and if that's the case, one rifle, one pistol some batteries n charger all together isn't all that much money, you CAN buy actual firearms for the cost of most decent airsoft guns but if you aren't looking for some gas blowback high end shit, you can get a good rifle for around 150 bucks and a pistol for the same. Really not that spendy compared to some other hobbies like computer gaming and actually gets you out and moving and working up a sweat instead of sitting inside being a lard ass all day, not to say there aren't lard asses who play airsoft though.

This is true. I'd only get a Vive used if it was really cheap just to try out VR.

The Quest/Rift S are very good entry options now a days.

A full priced Vive isn't worth it compared to the Valve Index either. The index blows it away in all categories.

You may have missed the point.

About as useful a training tool as nerf battles.
Lots of fun I'm sure but people who take it too seriously or think they are training are cringey as fuck.

I'd think milsim would be the only thing that would get you ant tactical training because milsim that gets set up by combat veterans for actually company and platoon level tactics and strategy sounds awsome. Weapons handling is mostly different because even recoiling airsoft guns have so much less than real guns. Is it valuable training? I'd say no.

But goddamn it looks fun. Maybe I'm just really forgiving of LARPers but Milsim West's games look amazing. Russian vs NATO with militias thrown in, blank firing real weapons, Chevy suburbans and military trucks moving around troops and police units, the use of scout units. It all sounds like an absolute blast. Then again it's expensive and not without its idiosyncrasies.

Attached: 1564486716350.jpg (960x640, 101K)

Love my gas blow back air soft pistol. Want a ar variant real bad, have to do secondary market though because can’t import them here last I heard.

Some dude told me about super powerful paintball guns though with pellet style paintball loads that shoot six inch groups at two hundred yards, back mounted air tank, magazine fed etc, I’m super interested in it.

It's a nice way to get physical exercise, going out and make friends.

It's not a way to learn actual military tactics.

Airsoft is entertainment. Not even remotely a real thing.

It’s a good way to get kids into firearms and practice firearm safety while avoiding the road to becoming fudds who think firearms are only for hunting.

That being said, I dislike the MilSim crowd that is in it purely for larping. What’s worse is the adults who form the SOF “tribute” teams and espouse a sense of elitism by copying load outs and kit.

I had fun as a kid. Then I did Simunitions training...

because they run round and jump, and get on the ground, and your nice pair of jeans is going to get fucked. So getting some cheap milsurp trousers that arr more resistant is not such a big deal

>nice jeans get fucked
bitch tf?

SF fanboys are a regrettable part of airsoft community. They won't behave according the rules of the game and they won't become friends to anyone.

I am a former military. Me and my pals (who are also former military) do airsoft because of reasons. Then a few days later we go to our dojo to do Aikido (that's me and two others), Judo and Jujutsu.
I've learned a lot from Judo and Jujutsu.

it served as a catalyst for my love of guns in my teen years and u unashamedly find it fun. it helped me get used to handling funs in tactical situations, rifles felt natural to maneuver when I first picked one up so there's that too.
TLDR it's fun and if you don't like it eat my nuts

As someone that's only gone airsofting once in high school:
>the "firing" systems they use are compact enough to allow for realistic-looking toys
>honor system
Dislikes
>toys are extremely lightweight
>no way to simulate recoil, muzzle flash or report
>BB reservoirs hold hundreds at a time and spray out at like 600 RPM
>potential injuries are shitty enough to warrant full masks
>honor system
So I've been toying with the idea of plastic foam-tipped spitzer rounds loaded in paper/plastic casings propelled by ____ for a while now

>mfw airsoft is the only way I’ll realistically be able to fire an as val, svu, pkm, and various other banned weapons

Attached: 82529F0B-22BC-4CED-A5DF-BEA87D2F5A80.png (385x249, 102K)

No
No

I ref at a paintball and airsoft field. Airsofters are by far more autistic, more anal and finicky, and none of them tip. I thought I wanted to get into it but it seems like none of them have any fucking fun, they're just concerned with being tactical to an illogical extreme. Like, fucking 3-gunners don't take shit as seriously as airsoft nerds. Paintball guns are heavy, stupid, and I'd kill for a fucking sling mount on them, but people who play it seem to actually fucking enjoy themselves.

Airsoft is no substitute to shooting/combat training, but it does have a few merits. First, it gets people out and depending on the style could be a good cardio training. Secondly, for people who can’t train with their full gear, airsoft is okay. The players get to use their gear and can check what works and what doesn’t (Is everything secure or does the player leave a yard sale behind him? Can the mags be grabbed easily? Do the gloves give enough dexterity to perform reloads...) even if they can’t do it on a range.

MSW looks fucking amazing m8, If I were in the states I would try to go.

It can be funny
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjpc-6e_Q0

I like airsoft because it gives me a reason to use the truck load of gear I brought back from the army

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

>It's the larpers and wannabe milfags who make everything cringe as fuck
This. It's COD irl, and you can't mute players. It's a good workout, it's mentally stimulating and it's exciting as fuck. It's not tactical training however, although there are benefits there's also enough disadvantages that it probably comes out to 0.

I want to go to one also, only been to smaller games, though I had been to a game with 300+ people and to one at a local closed down jail, along with a 70's school.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7owE3ipeI8

I enjoy airsoft alot and you can kidna use it as some weapons handling indoors, but outdoors is where it breaks down because my upgraded krytac only hits out to 200 feet, the best snipers will extend to 300 at about the max effective range meaning you can be in clear view of your enemy and not get hit.

video is my fat ass, pic is my 'kit'. I do it for fun mainly and treat it as a game. I also love target shooting and military collecting so it's another hobby that just kinda fits.

on top of that, all the gear I got is real gear, if I get a real helmet and drop plates into my vest, it would be ready to go with one of my AR's.

Attached: larpsoft gear.jpg (4032x2268, 2.78M)

now stay out

I have a gas blowback M4 with a loudener on it.

It scares the shit out of the rentals.