Fun fact: the Russian army was unable to provide socks for its troops up until 2015!

Fun fact: the Russian army was unable to provide socks for its troops up until 2015!

Attached: U47P5029T2D549049F24DT20130115175904.jpg (463x345, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-rusal-output-fire/russias-rusal-suspends-work-at-alumina-plant-after-arms-depot-fire-idUSKCN1UV1HF
twitter.com/Atlantide4world/status/1158381237662359553
youtube.com/watch?v=_G5UAdQ1Dkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fun fact: America fat and not white like Russia

Because portyanki are better

>Russia
>white

Come the fuck on

Did you try to understand why?

Attached: 1491898815576.jpg (604x451, 74K)

you're literally the niggers of Europe

How disingenuous. They didn't issue them, footwraps were historically what they always used. Thats like saying that "the Japanese were unable to provide sit-down toilets to its troops during WW2", conveniently leaving out that they've used squat toilets since before the introduction of flushing toilets.

Footwraps are great and perfectly adequate, socks are for basedboys.

>Be American
>Get shoot
>not white

Fun fact, Americans recycle Russian piss for drinking water on ISS. Russians refuse to do so.

joke's on you Ivan, I'm European
unlike you, mongol rapebaby

Attached: 1444049247726.jpg (300x319, 72K)

They're poor thats why

Cope

Jez Japan how could you fail your soldiers like that, baka.

>We have millions of foot wraps around. Should we change to socks?
>Nyet

Foot wraps teach fine motor skills and discipline. Decadent western socks bring about nothing but laziness.

>we have millions of muskets around, should we change to rifles?
>no

>we have millions of brightly colored uniforms around, should we change to green ones?
>No

>we have millions of crossbows around, should we change to muskets?
>no

>implying crossbows, footwraps, and bright uniforms aren’t peak warfare aesthetics

Many think russians are conservatives but in reality they're just cheap bastards

It's more akin to why the Browning M2 still sees use. Footwraps even have some pros over socks.

List pros

I’m actually a bit curious as to what those could be. As far as I can tell, they’re only usable to begin with in the jackboots that Soviet troops wore. Regular socks seem much more reasonable when using modern hiking boots, or especially low-cut boots.

The jackboot are the big con. Pros include being able to get more use out of them before drying or washing them. They are also very easy to dry as they unfold to single layer and easier to repair than socks. Since they are layered you can also ignore some holes.

But in general socks are the far better choice for a modern military.

Dunno, I was never in a situation where I thought socks suck

Also if you are out hiking and manage to fuck up your socks somehow you can make a diy footwrap from any big piece of cloth or a t-shirt.

They kept with footwraps because of reliance on jackboots, and the fact that a Footwrap has multiple utilities, and is easier to clean.

Footwrap:
Dirty - Rag
(clothes) Line

Clean - Footwrap
Bandage (normal & pressure dressing with a knot)
Tourniquet
Expedient Gauze
Bib
Underwear
Headwear
Mittens
Cooking Gloves
Napkin
A sock has 2 utilities:
As a Sock
And as a Stocking (storage of small items)

>this retard
Good luck using socks with jackboots.

>using your footwraps as bandages

How to get your wounds infected real fast.

Are footwraps a cold weather thing? I haven’t heard about them until today

I guess that brings up another question. Why did the Soviets and Russians use jackboots for so long when the rest of the world moved to more functional footwear? Was it just institutional inertia?

Another fun fact beside deadly submarine accidents Russian weapon depots are comically accident prone as seen today.
Let's not even talk about their history with airplanes.
reuters.com/article/us-rusal-output-fire/russias-rusal-suspends-work-at-alumina-plant-after-arms-depot-fire-idUSKCN1UV1HF

Attached: EBNk5sZXYAAlGtg.jpg (1200x675, 51K)

twitter.com/Atlantide4world/status/1158381237662359553

Video of todays depot explosion. That was a badass shockwave.

Would wearing socks help in this situation?

You can also use a sock to cool a water bottle.

Jesus Christ, that’s, what, the third one this year? I’m usually not one for conspiracies, but I’m almost convinced the CIA has to be involved at some level on this shit. Not even the Chinese have that many munitions storage accidents.

Footwraps are the only adequate choice if you wear jackboots. Socks don't serve good with rough materials jackboots are made off - you will probably have to buy a new pair of socks every 5km. Also, sock are going down in the boot if they don't have really strings to keep them high - then you have to take your boots off to pull your socks yp again and again. Also, yeas, it's warmer.

Why wear jackboots to begin with, though?

100% cope.

If how the Russians store munitions in the ships they send to Syria are anything to go by for how they store shit in warehouses, these kind of things are just waiting to happen

Attached: EAjkWTHX4AAa9vC.jpg (720x385, 76K)

Except a sock can be used for everything that a footwrap can, yet more.

Because you can always tear a sock.

Holy shit.

Ever seen the video of the Russian helo shooting at civilians during a training exercise?
youtube.com/watch?v=_G5UAdQ1Dkw

This is the truck afterwards
Fortunate they were using prac rockets I guess

Attached: s7TGZon.png (1280x960, 1.96M)

Was anyone sitting in that truck? I’d imagine they needed to replace the upholstery on the driver’s seat after that.

I used to be an autistic Jow Forums fag, but luckily Jow Forums cured me. I now know no one is actually white, and if they are, it really doesn't matter.

>use foot wrap as a tq
>somehow cant tie a sock like that

That superior slav intellect is showing

>Clean - Footwrap
>what is reading comprehension
Of course a dirty one would have to be washed and boiled before being used as a bandage.

No. Not really.
Socks on average are too small to be effective in multipurpose.

Mud. Lots of it, and deep.

They had tons of factories that produced virtually nothing else and it would have been too expensive and time-consuming to re-tool/re-train 'em all to make lace-up boots.
Also, muh traditions.

Maybe your gay little footie socks.

Easier to keep dry than the old low laced boots. Used with footcloths they can even be somewhat warm. Germany used jackboots into ww2 but had to start using laced boots because leather was become a limited good. Most of the countries that never had jackboots have drier climates.

>it can be used as a bandage
>after it's dirty from 4 days in the field and needs to be washed

yeah

tl;dr russians couldn't afford ifaks either

Those are probably not armed during transport.

I'm guessing a lot of those big explosions are due to jihadists in Russian ranks.

IMO it was a mistake to get rid of the footwraps. I also think it is a big mistake to crack down on Dedovshchina.

show me those millions of muskets and crossbows, faggot

There is nothing wrong with footwraps as long as you wrap them properly

lol look at this cope.