What is the process for buying a gun online and shipping to an FFL? Do I go to the FFL first and let them know...

What is the process for buying a gun online and shipping to an FFL? Do I go to the FFL first and let them know, then order online and ship to them?

Attached: 1542665275332.png (1920x1080, 60K)

How did you get here?

Follow the directions. Either pick an FFL from their list, or enter the info for one of your choice.
Yes, you have to let the FFL know to expect a shipment. Sometimes they have a form to fill out first.

Misread question. Order first, then notify.

1. Order
2. Select FFL to ship to
3. Contact FFL to expect shipment
4. ?????
5. Profit

Ok. Thanks.

Confirm with FFL first. Sometimes their transfer fees can be outrageous since they’re not making anything on the gun sale.

This is pretty important. You dont want to ship a gun to a place only for them to slap you with a $100 transfer fee because they are douchebags. Call the store you want to pick up from first and ask for their policy on transfers and to doublecheck their address. If it all checks out inform them you will be shipping them something and then complete the order.

If you know the store well and its policies then you can just order and notify but dont do it with a store you dont know well.

Their fee is $15. Its on the website. I'll stop by after work and let them know to expect a shipment. Thanks

Attached: FNS_9C_Rotators1074x850_0.png (1074x850, 948K)

Made this mistake once and ended up paying $70 transfer on my first gun. Call up multiple ffls and gun stores and get prices. Usually in home ffls are cheaper. Then choose one and ask them to send their copy of their license to the seller and tell the seller that you want to ship to that FFL and provide them a copy of his driver's license as some ffls want that before transfer.

>Their fee is $15
I'm jealous as fuck

That is cheap

It depends on the kind of gun shop, but almost everywhere you can buy a gun online will let you select the FFL after you pay.

If it's a home-based FFL, there's a small chance they will be out of town or their info is out of date wherever you found it. You should be in touch before placing an order, or else be prepared to change the FFL you selected when buying the gun.

In any case, pay for your order and then make sure that the seller has a copy of the destination FFL's license. That's all that matters, really. Different online stores make the process seem harder by making you select from a list, but the truth is that those lists aren't always updated and your FFL might not even be on it, but as long as you get them a copy of the license, they can figure it out after that.

People like you are a detriment to this board.

Hey guys, totally random but how is davidson defense for a complete upper? Figured this thread would be derailed so I'd try and ask a dumb question before she goes

So you feared the thread would get detailed, so you try to detail it? Ever thought to look in qtddtot?

Yeah pretty much. I'm kinda retarded

My lgs is $10 on any order, that can be 1 gun or 100 and it's a flat $10
I've never ordered online so I didn't know that was a great deal

Holy spoon feeding. Let OP google the shit. Can you teach me how to wipe my ass too?

>mfw my FFL charges $0.00 transfer fee
>their stock is cheaper than my other LGS's
>staffed by young gun enthusiasts

Attached: 1505454997858.jpg (452x463, 75K)

What shop

depends on where you're buying from and how big your FFL is
if both your seller and ffl are pretty big, they probably have FFL information already stored
if neither of them are big, and if you've never used your ffl (especially if it's just a guy working out of his house) you should probably check to see if he offers this service first
otherwise you just buy gun, ask your ffl to send the seller info, then the seller ships it to your ffl
if you're confused about anything you can also just ask, every party involved generally speaking wants your business

Ah, I remember my first online gat purchase. Everything about owning a gun for the first time is so intimidating

Likewise; my FFL charges $50 for the first gun, then $30 for additional ones - and he's pretty good for the area.

The main problem is that California charges a $25 flat fee to do a background check, which in other states would go straight to the FFL and make everyone happy.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-05-11-12-59.png (720x1280, 184K)

I usually call beforehand and see what their transfer fee is

Its not my first gat, just my first time buying online/through a gun store.

I have an AR and mosin, but both were bought from friends.