Is there any box magazine fed lever actions out there? Is feeding a lever action from a box mag even possible?

Is there any box magazine fed lever actions out there? Is feeding a lever action from a box mag even possible?

Attached: marlin-model-336-lever-action-rifle-1234777-1.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1895
youtube.com/watch?v=5XZIfkJeSLE
forgottenweapons.com/ria-russian-winchester-1895-in-7-62x54r/
henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Krag

Yup
BLR

Nice can you get larger mags for it?

Henry's long ranger is box magazine fed. You don't normally find modern features on anachronistic guns though. are you looking for a lever action with a box mag for a specific reason?

he wants a lever-action assault weapon with high cap mags, obviously

>he doesn't know about the levernugget
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1895

I really want a P90mag fed lever action, fuck me.

Well Australia has restrictions in place making lever actions and im sure California will ban semi autos in the near future so i was wondering if anyone has developed a rifle to allow high capacity rapid fire and i see lever action as the fastest way of delivering that. I know you can get some pretty speedy bolt actions but it also takes a lot more practice and is slighter more fumbly than a lever in my eyes.

I fucking knew it

Sako VL63. Expect this one being super rare in the wild and tightly held in by collectors.
youtube.com/watch?v=5XZIfkJeSLE
I want to buy one.

I have learned that "VL" comes from "vipulukko" or "lever lock", describing the style of action in Finnish language.
63 would come from the fact that they had that design on their table already at 1963.
"Finnwolf" would come from the fact that lever action is fast enough to clear a pack of attacking wolves at point blank range.
>Godspeed, shooter

Browning BLR

kek

Savage 99
>1899

Tbh bolt actions have a comparable rate of fire under practical situations. They also feed more reliably in my experience, and it's alot easier to find a bolt rifle with detachable box magazines

Attached: 5DA2A01A-A3AE-419B-A0C1-E88A1ED5B904.jpg (540x405, 30K)

Yea i totally get that and understand there's bolt actions that allow you retain sight picture while working the action or have straight pull bolts that allow for less movements and are more reliable. This isn't for anything practical. Im only curious as it feels more comfortable for me to shoot a lever action, not physically but as in my hand is less removed from the trigger so in my mind i feel its less likey you'd be caught with your pants down, with your hand on the bolt the action open, whereas your hand on the lever with it open seems like a much better chance on closing it and making an aimed shot. This is in no way a serious discussion that has any importance im just curious and probing for information. I could be wrong on all my feeling but thats why we call them that.

Yet there are those Godly exceptions like Sako.
>a lever action rifle having less than 1 MOA in accuracy
Come on.

Yea still tube fed though so once you're dry you die. You can't compete with the reload speed of boxes unless you have those speed shooting tube loaders and that's impractical to have on your body

There would be no need for sub MOA. Im picturing or rather would like to see a lever that took the roll of an intermediate calibre rifle. Volume of fire would be preferable to making 500m shots. Like i would buy a lever action with 30rnd detachable box mags chambered in like 7.62x39, .300BLK or .223 that would be a really fun toy i think.

OP if you do go lever action, keep it classy please
Don't try to make it something it isn't.
Cowboy action matches look fun as fuck and you'd probably get your skills up much faster than just dicking around at the range.
Despite owing an AR I have the most fun in action pistol matches and skeet/trap shooting. Long range bolt gun competition looks fun too but I haven't gotten into that.

forgottenweapons.com/ria-russian-winchester-1895-in-7-62x54r/

henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/

Attached: longranger.png (1326x365, 383K)

not to be a fud but volume of fire is a meme if you don't hit what you're aiming at.
enemy at the gates not enrique on court date mmkay

>no need for sub MOA
yea right.

sometimes, they're hard to find, comparatively low capacity and expensive as shit

Yea im not a fan of tactical lever actions i think it looks distasteful. I feel like you wouldn't ruin the aesthetic of a lever action by having a longer magazine. But at the same time i dont think you should gate keep a particular hobby. Its open to anyone and whatever tastes they have. I think you can retain a vintage aspect to cowboy forearms and shooting while still keeping them up to date. Cowboy era guns see a lot of this problem. No bolt action enthusiasts got mad over the modernization of bolt actions. So i dont really see why its a problem with this particular type of firearm action.

So suppressing fire is a meme. Got it, ill go inform the armed forces of the world.

No, ive tried to find some for mine and they literally dont exist

>box mag

>dakka iz a meme
>only 1 boolit matta
Oi, lookit this git. You wanna krumpin, do ya?

What does the rifle retail for?

Are they made of metal or plastic? I wonder if you couldn't get a Smith to make one or if plastic try to have it printed.

So everyone just needs to be a sniper level marksmen with sub MOA rifles that can hit their target as it leaves cover? A reasonably accurate rifle with a higher volume of fire is much better and cheaper (for rifle and training) and faster to train soldiers on. Just look at the AK.

Someone should make a levergun that takes AR mags

>so once you're dry you die.
Kill them before you run dry, or pull out pistol and keep shooting, or seak cover and reload.

So being shot at from entrenched positions isnt a thing and neither is multiple shooters or being too far from cover than you need to suppress the aggressor? You seem to think you're invisible.

You don't seem to get sarcasm. Sooo...
When will I ever be in a position that I am being fired at from an entrenched position? Better yet, same question but against some one with a lever action, or multplie ppl with lever actions? If I believe I'm gonna get into a shootout, I'm just gonna avoid it or gtfo if possible. If I feel like I cannot avoid such thing, I would probably have a dif rifle that is not a lever action.

kek
KEK

oops, sorry. didn't realize you were in a platoon capable of supporting you and a company with artillery and air strike assets

Oh, it's a movie scene, aaa.

>with artillery and air strike assets
You don't always get those options, some times you don't even want those options.

It really depends on the situation but realistically, being able to shoot around 1.5-2 moa consistently is all you would need marksmanship wise. Suppressing fire is only useful if you're suppressing for some other purpose... Like maneuver elements or artillery/air strike. People put a really high priority on rate of fire because they're thinking from an organized militaries perspective. But unless youre an organized military, you have different (if not at times convergent) priorities

Do you have 43 other guys to out maneuver your target while you suppress it? What about your supply company? Do they have all the ammo and magazines they need to replace what you use?

>fixed box mag

>that's impractical to have on your body
not really, you just need custom pouches for them

Attached: ITALIANWW2SAMURAIMAGAZINEVEST1.jpg (300x364, 15K)

Winchester - 1895
Winchester - 88
Savage - 99
Browning - BLR
Henry - Long Tanger
Sako - Finn Wolf

holy shit i didnt think this was real i want one now

Long Ranger*

those speedloaders are dumbass 3 gun shit.
if you are actually using a limited capacity gun that loads from a tube like a pump you are constantly topping it off every chance you get. what you arent doing is fully emptying the tube then reloading it all at once.
somebody using a pump properly never lets it get empty.

>Sako Finn Wolf

If you can find a good one for a good price, probably the best on the list.

Attached: FFAB3968-E943-40E7-82AE-5736BE6E41E3.jpg (281x198, 13K)

Yeppers, the BLR is pretty much the only option that won't get you bankrupt and still put rounds accurately downrange, my old man has one in .243, 20 years old and shoots Sub MOA.

I wish someone would make a lever action that feeds from side mounted PMAGs or similar. That and a decent lever action shotgun, right now the choice is between turkshit and 1887s made by either Chiappa or Norinco.

Attached: 9422.jpg (2048x1536, 925K)

Ruger Model 96/22, it's basically identical to a 10/22 except it's lever action. It takes the same mags as the 10/22. There's also version in .17, .22WMR and .44Mag. It's pretty uncommon though, since they stopped making them in 2009.

Attached: Ruger Model 96.jpg (3771x2121, 1.43M)

The mares leg

>is there any XXX actions
>there is any actions
>is any actions
>is actions
>is plural
it's are any you fucking moron

Can I take a 30-30 or .45-70 Gov't Lever gat for boogaloo and expect to perform well in a cohesive group of other armed huwhytes?

Attached: 9WLuDbK.jpg (960x954, 80K)

They changed the mag design in the 80s. The pre 80s mags can now cost more than the fucking guns. And no, it's fudd teir no x ten do mags.

I gotchu fren

Attached: Nerf-Zombie-Strike-SlingFire-680x350.jpg (680x350, 23K)

This makes the battlefield fags mad

Seething obese larping argfags will be flooding in any moment.

Marlin says the 1895 is good for T-Rex, so you should be able to kill T-Yrone

There's pump Action rifles in .223 and .300blk that use AR-15 mags. They're really common in Australia and will shoot subMOA with the right ammo. They're just a cunt of a thing to use at any real distance.

>lever action that feeds from side mounted PMAGs or similar.

now I want one in 5.56 fed from the old steel 20 rounds. fuck.

I wanna see em

Savage 99C is magazine fed, but then you lose that kino rotary magazine

Winchester 1895. Best chamberings are 7.62x54r and 30-06
Henry long ranger. 308 or something