Duplex Ammo

Do you guys think that it might be possible to create your own duplex ammo for a bolt rifle?

I have just been toying with a worse case scenario where I were to be restricted to a bolt action only and I think that duplex ammo might be useful in this scenario.

Attached: duplexammo.jpg (1000x200, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifling#Bullet_spin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah. Also, do you guys think we can create phased plasma rifles in 40 watt range

Thanks for nothing cancerous faggot. Casting duplex ammo is a reasonable question. I can't wait for you kids to go back to school.

literally how do they do this without igniting the primer

The primer has no compound in it and thse are normally done with all components and not a complete round.

>complying
lol what a faggot

Great thread you dumb faggot.

I don't know what I was expecting for a forum full of retards who only larp about owning or understanding anything of value about firearms.

First thought would be a sabot shot cup that you can stack bullets into and load as one piece.

that picture above is a real 30-06 round from the US program in the 50's to test duplex ammo. Somehow they were getting that to work.

Accuracy is not of huge concern because these were planned to be used for urban usage.

I know. It was a suggestion to ease the diy angle. A 3d printed rifle round with pockets for smaller slugs and seams made to split evenly would be easy enough to hand load. Looks like they just stuffed the first slug down into the powder and stacked the rest. Might just be three separate pressings.

The sabot idea may end up being the best. I just dont want to damage any rifling while using them hm.

What about butting two bullets against eachother?

and having them meet in the neck of the case?

Except duplex ammo has been proven to be shit you inbred retard. Go read a book or something before you make more retarded threads, faggot.

>"has been proven to be shit"
>citation needed

Sure, kid. The program for the US Army lasted over a decade and duplex ammo has its use cases. Next time you open your month consider taking the dick out before trying to spout your retarded opinion faggot.

Attached: brainlet12.png (1000x432, 165K)

If it was useful it would be in use.

If is not in use because we have semi-automatic weapons. If we were still restricted to bolt action weapons then I can almost promise you that duplex ammo would be in use in close quarters engagements.

The program only got canceled because we decided to go to 5.56 which makes duplex not feasible. With a .30 caliber rifle it is very practical. I just need ot know how to do it diy.

Do it diy.

the program literally concluded with "this ammo sucks and we shouldn't have wasted so much time and resources researching it." The only reason they kept trying to make it work was because the autismos at the top thought it was cool.

>citation needed

Ok, I'll bite.

Unless you want to make a telescopic ammunition (which I do not recommend for multiple technical reasons) you need to make a long neck wildcat cartridge to fit two or three separate bullets along it simply to ensure that none of your bullets keyhole in the chamber at any situation. Get it?

You need to make the tail sections of said bullets hard, so that none of the tailing bullets will never squib the forward bullet and try to go through it while still in the barrel. Can you design that to be sure and foolproof?

Thirdly, can you make it so that those two or three bullets never separate from themselves while in the barrel? You do not Want the forward bullet at first going faster and then getting hit by tailing bullets while in the barrel.
You Do Not want that to happen.

Ok?

I wonder if there is some sort of low temperature solder which would work to allow the ammo to get down the barrel before melting and separating after leaving the barrel.

>low temperature solder
The round with traditional ammunition is scorching hot after being squeezed through rifling and being forced to rotate during one third of a meter of barrel up to 300 000 rpm around axial vector.

Just compute it. 930 meters per second, 1/7 twist rate

>For example, an M4 Carbine with a twist rate of 1 in 7 inches (177.8 mm) and a muzzle velocity of 3,050 feet per second (930 m/s) will give the bullet a spin of 930 m/s / 0.1778 m = 5.2 kHz (314,000 rpm).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifling#Bullet_spin

Forget "low melting alloys" already. You are dealing with mechanics happening way faster you can even imagine.

Getting back to this
Read it again.

Yes I did read it and I am sure that would work however it is far outside of my current abilities.

I might try reversing two bullets and putting them back to back in the neck.

>lasted over a decade
>lasted