Is normal for there to be a small dent in the primer when I put a round in the chamber of an AR-15...

Is normal for there to be a small dent in the primer when I put a round in the chamber of an AR-15? What can I do to fix this issue?

Attached: 20190806_101935.jpg (3024x2452, 2.39M)

Take apart your bcg and check for damage or broken parts.

noguns

Yes it is normal. To fix it, fire the round or close the bolt gently on the next round.

Ok retard

normal

I’d just clean the bolt a fair bit to ensure it’s not getting the firing pin stuck forward. Dropping the bolt will do this but it shouldn’t be enough to fire off a round

You should never ride the bolt forward on a semi-automatic.

This is not normal, and the only actual answer so far has been ridiculed.

Normal.
Always chamber a round when pointed in a safe direction.

this

And don't chamber the same round over and over.

>This is not normal,
confirmed, never handled an AR

There is nothing wrong with taking apart the BCG to inspect it. This may be normal for an AR but it helps in understanding your weapon better.

I usually take apart my BCG for cleaning and maintenance.

god I hope school starts soon

...literally every AR in existance does this when you chamber a round. It has a floated firing pin which moves forward when the BCG slams home. As long as your firing pin isn't completely stuck completely forward and firing rounds when you close the bolt it is completely normal and expected to find small marks on the primer of a chambered round.

It is normal and it happens with a lot of other type of guns too.

>literally every AR in existance does this
weird, how come mine doesn't

My AR's have always done this. The only ones that haven't are pistol caliber blow-back designs.

Normal. My AR, and every single rifle i was issued does this.

ok kid. you're an expert

lol'd

Attached: BEgRs7D.jpg (1500x1125, 255K)

>m&p sport
Shut up, faggot. We're talking about AR's

This is fucking normal. From personal experience, M16A2 did this. M4 did this. M4A1 did this. Colt AR15A4 did this. KAC SR15E3IWS Mod 0 did this. DDM4A1 did this. Brownells retro receivers do this. M193, M855, M855A1 and commercial ammo. Its fucking normal.

I wouldn't be calling anyone a kid while posting a M&P Sport.
>Padded sling on an AR15
Have some fucking standards.

>my beat to shit issued weapon does this, so it's normal on a properly maintained weapon
lmfao welfare queens are hilarious

Yes.

You realize this is MORE likely with a new buffer spring due to the higher tension, right? A beat to shit rifle would actually dent the primer less than a well maintained one. Feel free to kill yourself anytime.

Everybody here that has more trigger time than borrowing dad's M&P is laughing at you right now.

>sport

lol'd again

you should list more, wiki has a zillion makes and models you can copypasta

It is a floating firing pin, when the bolt is released it lightly taps the primer. It is especially noticeable when the same round is chambered multiple times. As long as there is no excessive carbon buildup around the pin making it stuck in the bolt face you are fine. The military issued a statement about this years ago when soldiers would keep chambering the same round, they just recommended that the top rounds in mags be rotated every once in a while. There is nothing to fix
Nogun fag

retard

are you going to fail to identify it as well?
kek

Kill yourself.

Attached: rifles_that_produce_dents_in_primers.jpg (1274x1844, 924K)

cool google pics. I like the verts, always identifies homos

Say what you will about preferences, the fact of the matter is that almost any self loading firearm with a free floating firing pins produce small indents on the cartridge's primer. AR15s are not the only weapon that feature this. Have fun with your one gun.

k
have fun with your malf AR

Attached: belt.jpg (1536x2048, 899K)

Me too, that way your faggot ass will be gone.

d'aww you must be one of the kids that can't identify a rifle. it's ok, someday you'll grow up and stop being a nogunz. maybe

That nasty, stained couch...

>the M&P owner is here to lecture us

LMFAO

are you going to be the 4th to fail to identify it?

This is completely normal for guns with free floating fire pins.

Attached: 1516356263487.jpg (650x600, 40K)

KYS no guns

Sticky firing pin
Your the one who needs a bcg cleaning

this. /thread

If you are chambering a round in an AR anywhere except at a range or during an emergency, you are wrong.

Your firing pin in an AR-15 is free floating. When you chamber a round the firing pin hits the primer from the bolt moving forward. It’s not enough to ignite a round though

>usually... probably...
This assumes the round's primer is seated correctly and the firing pin and bolt carrier are intact and machined correctly.

there's so many nogunz and dolts with broken guns in this thread it's hilarious

Such is life with a free-float firing pin.
It'll hit the primer lightly and leave a tiny dent when the bolt drops hard. There's no danger.
I think you'd find this on most semi autos. If you eject any cartridge at random while firing, you'll see a dent from when the bolt slammed forward.

it floats? holy shit that's why I have to tie down my ARs so they don't get away

uh, dude? I think your rear sight is backwards

Lol yeah