What does Jow Forums think of unemployed men in their 30s who take pictures of themselves pointing guns at the camera?

what does Jow Forums think of unemployed men in their 30s who take pictures of themselves pointing guns at the camera?

Attached: 1563521949690.jpg (972x1296, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACgMhstloH4
youtube.com/watch?v=wL_O9_fy9hM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha5flTRTZWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Incels. Next thread.

meh

>unemployed
>30s

Attached: spurdogoncern.jpg (852x762, 79K)

Attached: 1527085366128.png (571x618, 56K)

I think less of anyone who takes selfies regardless of their age, employment status, gender, or what objects they incorporate into the picture.

The phone toy / social media addiction problem is worse than any drug in the history of mankind, except, perhaps, religion.

Attached: 1549538903833.gif (256x199, 975K)

imagine being this mad over some thot not replying to you

you had me on board 100% until the ignorant cheap shot at Christianity

Wars fought over magic sky friends have killed more people on earth than just about everything except for a handful of diseases. Religion has also had seriously ill effects on education the world over. I don't think there's much ignorance on display here.

I can't imagine that, sorry.
I can't even imagine using the term "thot" unironically, or even caring what other people do online either.

stop posting me

Attached: 69eba5ca5fb3651385c44e622bb60f33-imagejpeg.jpg (1199x670, 89K)

>or even caring what other people do online either
you're just after going off about social media and selfies ruining society like an actual baby boomer, which is pretty fucking ironic
>inb4 WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

>eligion has also had seriously ill effects on education the world over.
Like I said: ignorant. If it wasn't for Christianity, you'd be a slave. Europe had some of the works of philosophy from the Arabs, and probably would have come to the new world using their astronomical technology, but Christianity laid the ground for natural rights and all common law in the west. There's no telling what kind of Chinese sweatshop clownworld you'd be living in right now if not for Jesus.

Attached: 1563218297362.jpg (747x1328, 273K)

Wrong it was not religion, it was law, culture and tradition.
The corner stones of civilization.

>If it wasn't for Christianity, you'd be a slave
Doubtful. I've read the bible. It seems rather supportive of slavery. It even instructs the reader how to mark his slave by driving an awl through his or her ear. It also discusses when to give your slaves severe vs. light beatings.

>but Christianity laid the ground for natural rights
no, that would be the code of Hammurabi

> you'd be living in right now if not for Jesus.
Jesus is fiction. His followers have set back education and science for hundreds of years. There was a time when Christian theists ran Europe: we called it the Dark Ages for a reason. There is no poison more insidious than teaching people to trust in dogma rather than evidence and experimentation. It teaches people to listen to what those in power tell them, rather than to trust in facts and logic; it creates sheep rather than people who will question and seek the truth. It is the ultimate tool for subjugation.

>based drakenlord poster

Attached: Attach15919_20180802_070242.jpg (926x1632, 84K)

Back off, fat boy.

Attached: gun.jpg (1008x675, 159K)

I find it very humorous that you see Christianity exclusively as a political entity. You don't have the first clue about theology or philosophy or the beautiful parts that are unstained by mankind. Once more, you have proven your ignorance. Have a nice day.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Christianity was a big step forward for science. Without the understanding of Logos that it supplied the occident would never have been driven to discover what it did. It is one of the reasons other cultures with peoples of similar capabilities did not advance as we did. There will always be sheep who just follow what they are told, that is why there are both esoteric and exoteric aspects to religion, the exoteric is for the grugs to participate in and build your society on. Perhaps hermetics is the next step after Christianity, we shall see. Probably won't get common acceptance in this cycle of civilization though unfortunately. Spaghetti monster/I fucking love science tier atheism is for crater brains who dogmatically follow the secular religion of modernity though. If this describes you, then you are just the modern version of a sheep, and one with a particularly shitty religion.

Is this the German Chris Chan?

Taking selfies is a behavior for women, children, and insecure men.

Attached: euphoric.gif (480x270, 1.28M)

>If it wasn't for Christianity, you'd be a slave.
How do you take yourself seriously after this.

>>Christianity gave me my natural rights

Just fuck my shit up already
The separation of church and state is the greatest thing next to the 1st and 2A. We will literally die because religion jews, christians and muslims primarily but all the rest too.

>tfw atheist but hate it because of the snot nosed euphoric faggots like the one in this thread

Whatever. They were a major pioneer in science in the middle ages. Christians built the first observatory not to find god, but to study the stars and movement of the planets. They kind of fucked up that whole medicine thing for a while but past that a lot of the scientific ideas we hold today came from the church. I've got a powerful respect for religion. For better or worse, it's shaped the world as it is today and is major aspect in many people's lives. Utterly dismissing it or any followers of it is just silly. I've known plenty of god fearing men that are way more clever then I am. There's just plenty of dumb asses on both sides of the fence.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. ur a faget

Ezekiel 23:20

Attached: 1528491225486.png (480x452, 222K)

Still less degenerate than women talking 200 selfies of themselves everyday.

Literally all I wank to

Just call yourself an agnostic, or do the Jordan Peterson thing where you respect the stories for the lessons they teach.
>The separation of church and state is the greatest thing next to the 1st and 2A.
I agree, even though I am religious.
>We will literally die because religion jews, christians and muslims primarily but all the rest too.
There are amazing people who are religious, and horrible people too, like all philosophies.

Someone doing what the fuck they want. Probably someone without their life together but also could be a cool guy Jon macafee type.

moin alder!
yes
youtube.com/watch?v=ACgMhstloH4
youtube.com/watch?v=wL_O9_fy9hM

Attached: 4f6ce4848147c1657b374ad11cb92827-imagejpeg.jpg (720x1280, 451K)

not that user but JBP is 100% doing the wrong thing with the BIble. his lectures would have you believe it is all metaphor and psychodrama and archetypes. I was him once, about ten years ago. High on comparative mythology, Jungian theory, and hubris. That is precisely the wrong mindset to be studying that particular text. I was wrong. He is wrong.

Other than that his arguments for free speech are commendable.

You had me then you lost me. This is a Christian board and posts such as this won’t be tolerated. Take it to /lgbt/

>only VERY high 105 IQ atheists will get this
>click here

He’s a psychologist, that’s what they do, look for patterns and analogy. I agree it isn’t the best way to read the Bible, however it is still interesting and useful.

>I find it very humorous that you see Christianity exclusively as a political entity

I don't think that at all. I'm curious how you got to that conclusion from my post.

>> the beautiful parts that are unstained by mankind
The entire thing is a fabrication of mankind. It's what is known as fiction literature.

>Christianity was a big step forward for science
burning scientists for Heresy is not a good example of being pro-science.

>>Spaghetti monster/I fucking love science tier atheism is for crater brains who dogmatically follow the secular religion of modernity though
I agree 100%.

>> If this describes you, then you are just the modern version of a sheep, and one with a particularly shitty religion.
Agreed as well. It's just a "different" religion, but it's a religion nonetheless.

I find it unreasonable that you put the importance of the ideal form of the world according to philosophy and its aspirations on the same level as its effects on the real world.

Dopey shitty little rat eyes that one has

So are you supposed to take the Bible literally or is there another way? Because the stories in the Bible are a metaphor and saying they aren’t is insulting to people’s intelligence. I don’t care if I’m called retarded I wanna know what this new way of looking at the stories is. Let’s hear it bro. Tell me how to view the story about the dude getting eaten by a whale.

Not him, but here is how I view it.
>Jesuses life and philosophy is the only way for a human being to be truly happy, regardless of who/what Jesus was.
>the Old Testament is context for Jesus’s life, involving useful fables and historical happenings.
>acts onwards consists of personal interpretations of Jesus's Philosophy and historical stories of early Christians. + mixing with the Old Testament.

>This is a Christian board
Nope. You start trying to tell me what my religion is, we gonna have a problem.

>So are you supposed to take the Bible literally or is there another way?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha5flTRTZWY

good post, echoes Job. is vs ought.

>I'm curious how you got to that conclusion from my post.
because that's the only aspect you found fault with? or rather you didn't even mention Christian philosophy, you just rejected it out of hand because it's part of the Bible.

fair point, it can be read that way, but not if you've read Aristotle, know the ontological argument, and actually follow the metaphysics from the start and see how incredibly self-fulfilling all of the New Testament actually is vis-a-vis later theological deductions that no one could have known about.

Burning scientists for heresy is mostly just propaganda invented by certain interest groups that want to destroy and discredit our history. The same goes for calling post-Roman empire collapse the "Dark Ages." They're actually some of the most interesting times in my opinion and we're probably about to enter another one. The "enlightenment" was really pretty gay in comparison.

>It's what is known as fiction literature.
Not the user you’re arguing with. I’ve always considered religion to be tribal lore from before literacy became a thing. Every major religion has a version of the 10 commandments, which is basically a primer on how to get along with each other. If you dig into the history and meaning of the various dietary proscriptions, you find that most of them evolved as a way to keep people from dying of food poisoning. And so on. It started off as survival lore. As the tribes got bigger, the lore needed to be dressed up a little because there’s always gonna be that doofus who’ll eat raw pork and get his sister pregnant just because. So, invisible sky daddy became a thing. Do the bad things, he’ll smite your ass with lightning to express his displeasure. Or send a drought to punish you for wearing polyester and wool in April. Or whatever. Once the priests figured out how much power they held, that’s when all of the bad fiction crept into religion. Everything became an abomination unto Nuggan.

Taking selfies are like smiling for photos or crying at funerals. It’s something for women and children to do.

looks faggy

*tips fedora*

Attached: FB_IMG_1556548585740.jpg (440x960, 27K)

I think I'm awesome

I think you're awesome too. Hope you have a rad day.

Attached: godspeed.jpg (474x595, 30K)

Do they not understand their vernacular is a dead giveaway?

Wrong hue

Attached: gun-photo.png (222x222, 29K)

Another

Attached: 1414600422690_wps_148_BEST_QUALITY_AVAILABLE_nU.jpg (636x382, 46K)

Any thought I have is immediately negated by this thought - why the fuck do I care what anyone does if it isn’t hurting someone?

Attached: 3D774B31-E743-4ECD-8D84-3DF57B86A472.jpg (540x540, 36K)

>The separation of church and state is the greatest thing next to the 1st and 2A
>next to the 1st
>next to
separation of church and state is a SECTION of the 1st, you redcoat nigger faggot

Lol fatty

Is that you kimsama?

That should be all the proof we need that incels shouldn’t have guns.

>but Christianity laid the ground for natural rights and all common law in the west. There's no telling what kind of Chinese sweatshop clownworld you'd be living in right now if not for Jesus
interesting perspective user, you might be right.

>Not the user you’re arguing with. I’ve always considered religion to be tribal lore from before literacy became a thing.
Yep, that's certainly where it started from. Even all the major details of Christianity can be traced back to earlier tribal lore.

>Every major religion has a version of the 10 commandments, which is basically a primer on how to get along with each other
Yep, I also agree there too.

In fact, I'm going to stop quoting because I agree with 100% of what you wrote.

>> Once the priests figured out how much power they held, that’s when all of the bad fiction crept into religion.
Yes, that's certainly one way that a lot of evil was--and still is-- done in the name of religion. But I think it goes well beyond that. Even when bad actors aren't present, the very core of religion is based on some pre-supposed dogma which is assumed to be true. For example, in Christianity one might say that everything comes from the Bible. That, in and out of itself, is abhorrent in my opnion, because it teaches the idea that something (in this case, a book written by human beings) is infalliable and people should do whatever it says. That whole idea is toxic, because there is nothing on earth which people should trust beyond all else. Even the most esteemed leaders, judges, scientists, doctors, and engineers make mistakes. The idea that we should blindly listen to what any source--be it a person, book, whatever--says without questioning it or applying rational thought and logic to it is a very bad thing to be teaching people. The goal of teaching people to get along might be a noble one, but the concept is flawed if you also teach them to shut off critical thinking at the same time. Then again, if your goal is to subjugate people and gain power then it might be the perfect thing to be pushing.

Christianity isn’t the problem. Christians are. Same for Moslems and any other believers that feel their beliefs outweigh another persons rights.
Sadly that’s almost always the case with the “true believers”.

MEDDL

>because that's the only aspect you found fault with?
My post was not an exclusive list of faults. I just mentioned one of the bigger ones which I thought was relevant to this thread.

There's a laundry list of others, but they're off topic. If you want I will be happy to list them.

>>or rather you didn't even mention Christian philosophy
Correct, because Christian Philosophy wasn't relevant to my point.

>you just rejected it out of hand because it's part of the Bible
No, I didn't mention it because I don't see how it is relevant to what we are talking about. Are you trying to say that "christian philosophy is responsible for the downfall of slavery"? Because if so, you'll have to provide some evidence to support that claim.

meddl

nah i'm good. you can't follow a conversation and backpedal when confronted with your own words.

>feel their beliefs outweigh another persons rights.
>implying you have a right to kill children and call it reproductive health care
sins are most fervently defended when they are disguised as freedoms, user. you know why this has conflation has occurred.

thanks

Attached: chuckieboy.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

Religion promoted education
Modern widespread literacy came about because Protestants believed it important that everyone (regardless of class) could read so they could read scripture.

>backpedal when confronted with your own words.
I wouldn't have to explain myself if you didn't read more into my words than what I actually wrote.

>>implying you have a right to kill children and call it reproductive health care
Call it justifiable homicide if it makes you feel better.

You've got a valid point about literacy coming from the protestant reformation. That said, I still belive that religion has done more harm to education than it has done good. The church, in various incarnations, has still burnt to death a great many learned men in the name of "heresy", and it's also attempted to ban a great amount of art and literature over the years. Even the literacy benefit is a bit twisted since its purpose was indoctrination.

>Call it justifiable homicide if it makes you feel better.
>caring more about what a thing is called than whether it is right or wrong and the reasons behind that moral argument
Like I said. You've been hoodwinked into moral and logical carelessness, and I hope you come to realize how much harm has been done to you.

what level of autism are you on?

Well, not being able to recognize speech patterns is a major sign of autism.

Congratulations. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

I figured you were the one who cared about its name, given your choice of hyperbole.

I choose to look at it objectively: which causes more harm to society? Restricting abortion or allowing it? In my opinion, restricting it causes more harm than allowing it, therefore the decision is easy: allow it. Whether or not it agrees with my personal sense of right and wrong is immaterial.

> I hope you come to realize how much harm has been done to you.
I'd say the same to you, though I mean you no ill will. Though I'm curious why you think anyone has "harmed" me; I'm rather happy to have never suffered the harm of being indoctrinated. Nobody did anything "to" me, whereas I cannot say the same for you. You are the one who clings to mythology as an adult in this day and age.

Clearly you haven’t read the Bible

>Jesus was fiction
Oops you tipped your hand. Now it’s obvious you’re fishing for (you)s. Even atheists agree Jesus existed.

There are records that a person named Jesus existed.

Anything more than that is indeed fiction.

that's exactly my point kid. exactly my point. you have been harmed by miseducation, the idea that morals do not matter -- that such a thing is outweighed by popular opinion. that's as silly as agreeing with an assault weapons ban because it is popular despite it being unconstitutional. right and wrong exist. you pretend they do not and shut your ears to me who says otherwise.

and I was like you some years ago. live and let live. then I set aside my hubris and bias against something I clearly didn't understand well enough and studied and thought. not just Christianity and Aristotle: Aristotle and Plato and Plotinus as well. I don't cling to mythology. noli me tangere. I cling to reason and the fact of an absolute morality.

isnt that like 70% of the demographic here

also this

>moving goalposts
You should take care to be more precise in your posts.

>the idea that morals do not matter
I didn't say that they didn't matter. I said that I don't consider my morals to be any more important than anyone else's. It's not for me to make decisions for you, and it's not for you to make decisions for me. And morality and the law are two very different things. There are plenty of things which are immoral but legal, as well as things which are illegal but moral. I am not sure why you are conflating the two.

>> that such a thing is outweighed by popular opinion
Where did I use the word "public opinion" even once? Your reading comprehension is abysmal.

>not just Christianity and Aristotle: Aristotle and Plato and Plotinus as well.
Good. Keep going. Don't forget the Eastern philosophers too.

>. I cling to reason and the fact of an absolute morality.
"Reason" and "absolute" cannot co-exist. You believe in your head that you are following reason and fact, when in reality you are driven by fictional literature written by human beings. There's nothing logical, and there's very little "fact" in that.

Is it not obvious that when I write "Jesus was fiction" in the context of a discussion centered on religious dogma that I am referring to the whole story of divine birth, miracles, betrayal, crucifixion, and resurrection story?

There are not enough constitutional scholars in this board you doublenigger. Have your u

>Where did I use the word "public opinion" even once?
>"I choose to look at it objectively: which causes more harm to society?"

>Good. Keep going. Don't forget the Eastern philosophers too.
Nah they're shit. Nagarjuna is a retard whose fundamental theses can be dismissed immediately because they 1) are not axiomatic and 2) are not evident nor proven and 3) conflict with each other.

Buddhism is irrelevant because anatta is false. The most interesting part about it came from the Bactrian Greeks anyway.

Gita is based but people fetishize the mythology here and don't take the correct lessons which are more clearly and usefully demonstrated in the west anyway.

Most of the rest of eastern philosophy is straight up bugman social norms written as law. Hammurabi tier.

>"Reason" and "absolute" cannot co-exist.
John 1. Jesus is the Logos. And the beginning and the end. If this revealed knowledge is not enough, it is confirmed by Aristotle and Aquinas and Plotinus. Anyway it's been nice talking to you and if you think I harbor ill will towards you think again buddy.

Attached: apufren.jpg (1387x702, 85K)

To clarify terms: beginning = first cause, or first principle. End = final cause, in the Aristotilean sense. Logos is Greek for a lot of things but frequently translated as "reason." And I forgot to mention Plato's Form of the Good in the Republic. The utmost good, the highest ideal, perfect goodness and that thing which creates from a superabundance. Sounds like a first principle doesn't it. Also sounds like an infinitely merciful God.

okay gotta go be good

>>Where did I use the word "public opinion" even once?
>>"I choose to look at it objectively: which causes more harm to society?"
I'm honestly confused, user. How on earth are you reading "public opinion" out of that?

>>John 1. Jesus is the Logos. And the beginning and the end
I find it mindboggling that you make very good points about a lot of Eastern philosophy, yet simultaneously don't immediately reject that statement as a logical contradiction.

>Sounds like a first principle doesn't it.
not really.

> Also sounds like an infinitely merciful God.
It doesn't sound anything like that, no.

>Muh darwin
Whose theories came from spirits that told him what to write. Most of your mainstream "education" is just as much of a religion. You are indoctrinated and either do not know it yet, or are more insidious and intentionally spread it for personal gain.

It's lame posturing because that is all social media is. However, I don't see what their age or employment status has to do with it lmao it's lame regardless

Darwin got a lot of stuff right, and a lot of stuff wrong. Like a lot of scientists, really. The fundamental difference between science and religion is that science knows that it does not have all the answers, and instead it focuses on a principle: that a theory does not have weight until you can test it and study evidence to see if the theory is correct or not. It's not the specific "facts" which science tells us that are important, rather it's the constant drive for *proof* and *reproduceability* which is important. Religion takes the opposite view. It supresses questioning. It eschews evidence. "It says you should believe this because someone* said so" (*or, sometimes, "because this book said so")

>Most of your mainstream "education" is just as much of a religion
I agree that a lot of mainstream education is indeed religion. Like I said, question everything. A state-sponsored education deserves just as much questioning as a Sunday school class.

>>You are indoctrinated and either do not know it yet, or are more insidious and intentionally spread it for personal gain.
Indoctrination can happen from a variety of angles, religion is just one of countless examples. Education from biased sources is a huge one. There is also nationalism, blind patriotism, consumerism....

you gotta believe user. defy Kant, take metaphysics for granted. man was made in his image. think of the repercussions of that statement. human reason is a reflection of his unfathomable absolute will.

>science knows that it does not have all the answers, and instead it focuses on a principle: that a theory does not have weight until you can test it and study evidence to see if the theory is correct or not.
You are blatantly lying, either to me or to yourself. I was brought up through the public education system. We were taught things like the big bang and evolution from a single organism. These are religious based ideas with NO science backing it up or "confirming the theory". You are also lumping the entirety of all human religions as one entity. People have been killing each other since the dawn of time. To try and blame that on religion is insane and disingenuous. I would argue that religion has helped WAY more people try and sort their life out and live as a good person with godly values than it has done harm through its extremists.

I wasn't praising the public education system, user. I was brought up in it too, and it is a religion of its own, just the way you say it is. Public education is a very different beast than true science. In fact, a lot of it is very anti-science

>>These are religious based ideas with NO science backing it up or "confirming the theory".
Agreed 100%, and they should have been taught as such. Anyone who preaches the big bang as gospel rather than teaching it as a theory and presenting evidence on both sides is doing wrong.

>>You are also lumping the entirety of all human religions as one entity.
I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I do think that they are all similar in the sense that they tend to have factually incorrect underlying dogma, but beyond that yes, they do vary.

>>To try and blame that on religion is insane and
I didn't say that religion was the *only* excuse people used to kill each other. I said it is the one which, historically, has had the highest death toll.

>>I would argue that religion has helped WAY more people try and sort their life out and live as a good person with godly values than it has done harm through its extremists.
I'm curious to see some numbers.

Do you worship Saturn or the cube or the demiurge?

Nailed it!

>The church, in various incarnations, has still burnt to death a great many learned men in the name of "heresy",
Churches didn't go around burning learned men. Which historical figure are you even referring to there?

Meant for

The islamic golden age is the only reason we have anti-biotics and modern medicine retard. Christianity also laid down he laws of the world and ALSO inspired people to get into astronomy

I never said that religion did no good. I simply said that wars fought in its name have killed more human beings than little else.

I would argue that science would have advanced far better without religion than it happened to have *despite* religion.

>>Christianity also laid down he laws of the world
Nonsense.
Christian morality is not unique, most religions agree on the same basic principles: don't murder people, don't mess with another person's stuff or his wife, and a variety of myths to explain how things that mankind doesn't currently understand, like his own creation or how natural phenomena work. Its mythology is mostly a rehash of various traditions before it. It is neither unique or exceptional.

I DO NOT POSTURE WITH DEADLY THINGS
I AM NOT INSANE
I AM THE FOUNDATION..OF THIS NATION
I FALL WITHIN A MID - HIGH TAX BRACKET

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BACK
BEFORE I CALL
IN HEAVY HELP
AND THEN YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO DO
BECAUSE I WILL MAKE THIS FUCKER LOOK LIKE THE END OF THE KNOWN WORLD IF YOU KEEP FUCKING WITH ME..I SHIT YOU NOT.

I SHIT YOU THE FUCK NOT
LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE

back to bronnen nigger