Ok so how about this. You can own any fun you like, any hand gun, any rifle, any machine gun M2 .50, whatever

Ok so how about this. You can own any fun you like, any hand gun, any rifle, any machine gun M2 .50, whatever.
But, your gun has to be chipped with some kind of RFID so that the local police, and only the local police, not the feds can locate at any time. Also they can remotely de-activate it at any time if it's being used for a criminal purpose or going on a shooting spree.
In the event of a foregin invasion, the local police are required by law to delete their database and send a signal that deactivates the anti-tamper devices on the chip, meaning the funs can be used for the purpose of resisting a foreign aggressor.

This is literally the perfect solution, if the technology allows, and I'm pretty sure it does. The only reason to be against this is if you plan to use your funs for criminality.

Attached: 1550510418130.jpg (1920x1920, 262K)

>so that the local police, and only the local police, not the feds

>tfw local police are mpdc
feelsbadman

What about an attack from a foreign power? Their first move would be to hack this database and "de-activate" all guns, preventing the citizenry from any resistance. Terrible idea.

Yes, and?

>You can have freedom but that freedom is in the hands of another small group of people and can arbitrarily be turned on and off at will

You don't read very well, do you? Besides, before a foreign aggressor could invade the US they'd have to get pst the US navy, so there might be some warning.
I think you're just a criminal looking to use his funs for criminality.

the purpose of the 2nd amendment is to shoot police officers (et al). It wouldn't be very useful if the police officers could turn all guns off.

Furthermore, kill yourself

>Just trust the local police, it's the perfect idea

Except it's not. I can obviously tell that you've never lived out in the backwoods because I would much rather trust the feds with my guns than the local cops. There nothing more than thugs that have the budget for matching cars. That being said I wouldn't trust the feds as far as I can throw them, either.

That's pretty much what happens with any kind of police action. It's not arbitrary though, just like police can't arbitrarily arrest you.
Go be a criminal scum somewhere else.

The only problem being that what is and is not criminal is completely arbitrary, and subject to the whims of those in power.

>I want to be a criminal and this will stop me
Good.

How the fuck are they going to be able to detect "criminality", whatever the fuck that actually is, in real time for 400 million guns?

You don't think they could hack this database remotely or do it covertly? Terrible and vulnerable idea. I'd rather trust myself and my guns the way they are. Thanks.

i bet that was rodney kings thoughts aswell

Fuck off faggot, maybe you want it in the ass but good upstanding people are insulted by your suggestion that disagreeing with you means we must be criminals, also fourth and second amendment at the very least prohibit that shit, privacy and SHALL. Also the tech had been tested and is shit, like the Hillary hole, they just go off for no reason.

Attached: 1540953815975.png (1118x1004, 906K)

>I think that the police are always right and the government has never done any wrong whatsoever. There's no reason you should ever have to disagree with them.

Ignorance is bliss, and you're a walking orgasm.

I read perfectly well. You don't think your ideas out very well. An invading force would hack this database before the invasion. There would be no time to "delete" your database. Dumbass.

It doesn't matter. If the anti tamper part is switched off, then the chip can just be removed. Probably the first time the US navy loses a major sea battle.
You're making the most retarded counter points.

>I want to be a criminal
How about fuck off criminal scum?

When you give the government full control of your ability to defend yourself, you're nothing more than a slave.

If the chip can just be removed, they wouldn't criminals just remove it right away? Your counterpoints are extra potato levels of retardary.

Oh how naive you are.

Yes, sometimes a government will create or enforce laws that go against the constitution or basic human rights. In this case, violence is fully and historically justified. How about you fuck off, bootlicker?

You have the right to not practice your rights, not to remove others rights, THAT would be criminal.

Attached: 1541012501869.jpg (400x400, 112K)

>This is literally the perfect solution, if the technology allows, and I'm pretty sure it does. The only reason to be against this is if you plan to use your funs for criminality.
>I don't trust the government to no fuck me over in times of need
Look at the literal confiscations during Katrina, you think that if chaos happened in a city they wouldn't automatically start deactivating your guns? And then guess what? You're up shit creek without a paddle, because dequan and jose still have their "low-tech" pistols.
>I don't trust that the government's database is secure enough to resist penetration by foreign governments
You do know that we are severely behind in terms of cyberwarfare, right? The number of US government systems that have been illicitly accessed by standalone hacking groups, not to mention foreign government's cybersec teams, is fucking frightening.
>I don't the government in general
Do you have any idea how fucking corrupt some police departments are? I'm not going to give Sgt Dick the opportunity to rush my shit and deactivate my guns because he's jealous that his wife liked my picture on instagram.
Fuck off appeaser.

>I still can't read

At that point I'd just build some guns in my garage.
Fuck off.

Attached: 1565023210631.jpg (274x309, 31K)

>In the event of a foregin invasion, the local police are required by law to delete their database and send a signal that deactivates the anti-tamper devices on the chip, meaning the funs can be used for the purpose of resisting a foreign aggressor.

Local police are way more likely to be corrupt and/or totally fuck your rights by holding you without cause (sometimes just straight up "losing" people in jails or even supply sheds), and are more likely to brutalize you or seek revenge on you for outing them commiting crimes. It's the local PD who get caught torturing people or holding them without charges for weeks (see Chicago).

My current city is not that big and has paid out $8 million in police brutality suits in the past few years. We deserved to lose most of them.

t. federal and then local official for the last decade.

This is retarded. The existence of prisons doesn't remove from people the right to free movement, unless they commit criminal acts. Neither would this, you would have MORE rights than you do now in terms of what you could possess.

To be honest all I see in this thread are criminals, paranoid schizos and foreign agents alarmed that this would eliminate one of their favoured wedge issues for harming the US.

You don't think a country would be smart enough to disable them before they invaded through a cyber attack? Holy shit, when is summer going to be over?

This just sounds like installing Windows 10 to a gun.

>The only reason to be against this is if you plan to use your funs for criminality.

Nonsense.
Even if we assume that the police are 100% above-board there are major concerns:
1) I have no faith that the system cannot be hacked by bad actors
2) I have no faith that the system is reliable either. The last thing I want in a firearm which my life may depend on is another potential point of failure.

In which case you sue them for fucking 7 figure payouts, which is what everyone else who's not a cuck does when they're brutalised or abused by the police.

I think you're very stupid and you can't read. Given any aggressor has to get past the US navy, and currently nobody can do that, then you could give the disarm signal the first time the USN loses a major battle. If it doesn't work for any reason, then there's time to figure out why and fix the problem.

Kind of hard to sue them if you're dead, you fucking moron.

Local police can't even double check an address right before doing a no knock raid, shooting a dog, and hurling flashbangs into a crib.

I don't exactly trust them more than the Feds. At least becoming FBI is somewhat difficult. The police will hire actual retards if they have the right relatives.

No, suck my cock.

I have no faith that you can read and comprehend.

That's fine, your opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Why the fuck would they be dumb enough to wait until their invasion to deactivate the guns? I would do it before I even officially declared war.

You just yourself pointed out that payouts occur frequently, proving people have a recourse to police corruption or brutality.

>The only reason to be against this is if you plan to use your funs for criminality.
or for boogaloo
or if you don't want your guns grabbed when new laws come in

Unless they are going to bring my ass back from the dead when my family wins the suit, no, I don't have a recourse if they kill me.

Nancy, I thought you were too good for the chan.

Attached: 1542583886305.gif (229x263, 784K)

It may take them some time to get past the USN. Retard.

This is dumb and this is why you retards will end up losing your guns. Under this proposal you'd have MORE rights, MORE access to firearms, and it would keep the soccer moms happy AND it would deter mass shooters.
It's literally perfect, but because you're paranoid schizos, outright criminals who fantasize about brutalizing your neighbors or foreign agents you're against it.

Congratulations. I just got back from 6 hours on Jow Forums and Jow Forums and this still might be the dumbest shit I've read today.

Why specifically would you trust feds over local police?

>It may take them some time to get past the USN. Retard.

You do realize if these are REMOTE chips you wouldn't have to be in the country to deactivate them. You could do it REMOTELY.

> it would deter mass shooters.

The Dayton shooter killed 20 people in under 1 minute, how long do you think it would take for the police to do the following?

>receive report about shooting and location
>pinpoint which guns are in the area
>pinpoint which of these guns are the shooters
>disable them

I guarantee you it would take longer than a minute.

Fuck you OP you big, taint licking, cum gargling, shit smearing, prancing, dancing, lala homo man.

Becoming an FBI or ATF agent is quite competitive and generally goes to people who already have solid records in local law enforcement or people with elite degrees and solid accomplishments.

Being a local cop often just means you can pass a basic civil service test and not drop out of non standardized academies.

Fed unions are FAR weaker than some of the state ones too, meaning people get shit canned. I know here we have cops who are repeat fucking fellons who get canned and without fail the state forces towns to rehire them a year and a half later with backpay. Feds also have more oversight.

In backwoods towns or ghettos, the police operate basically as a gang. They even get caught doing protection racketeering and running drugs (East Cleavland for example) or running torture dungeons (Chicago for example).

Fuck that.

You misspelled LESS.

Attached: 98917d5b3fbfcfb7469629778e2a9837d395666e25393d2bcf2bd4abca177289.gif (280x160, 3.11M)

>Under this proposal you'd have MORE rights, MORE access to firearms, and it would keep the soccer moms happy AND it would deter mass shooters.
until the rights that were just "given" are almost immediately taken away again and we're left with less than we started with

>It's literally perfect
>introducing another point of failure in a tool that you entrust your life to
Also, unless you were a massive drooling smoothbrain retard, you'd know that RFID only works within 3-4 feet of a receiver. What you're talking about is likely an RF transceiver, which would require batteries. What happens when the batteries fail? does my gun stop working? is it user-serviceable, or do I have to take my gun to a fucking FFL everytime the batteries stop working?

>Still not able to read and comprehend
>This one time it would have been ineffective, so lets toss out the whole idea because of That One Time
Christ, you're retarded.

>if the technology allows, and I'm pretty sure it does.
It does not, but you wouldn't know that because you're a big dumdum with no understanding of how firearms actually function.

>until the rights that were just "given" are almost immediately taken away again and we're left with less than we started with
Again with this dumb argument. Do you have less rights because prisons and a legal system exist?

30-40 feet actually, depending on the size of the equipment and the chip. Put receivers on everything, lamp posts, etc.
It's definitely doable.

In the time I've lived in bumblefuck (about 10 years), I've seen the following from our local police.

>Evidence locker was broken into, all drugs and most of the guns "stolen". No signs of forced entry, the cameras happened to be off that night, and nobody was ever caught.
>Friend I was talking to who is a cop in a different town says that when something like this happens they have to conduct an investigation of the department that has to be done by a different department. Our town has refused any offers to let another department do any sort of investigation.
>Five automatic rifles have been "stolen" out of patrol cars in the past two years.
>Most officers make less than 50k per year, but they all own 4 bedroom homes and brand new pickups.

The feds may be corrupt pricks, but at least they aren't so brazenly open about it.

Orwell was warning not suggesting.

Attached: 1539957564754.jpg (552x690, 41K)

Thats not how it can ever work.

How would this "chip" work and by what mechanism could disable a gun from firing?
Full technical details please or is this just believing in the tooth fairy.

This one time when I was 15 a buddy came over to my place so we could smoke some pot.

We were walking around stoned as all hell when a couple of redguards walked past us and asked if we had a cigarette.

This retard says, "Nahhh but we got weed".

Well we're walking down the common area of neighborhood when they approach us again, and ask to buy some weed off my friend. As we're talking a cop car begins driving down the bike path from about about 500 feet away, so we start walking in the opposite direction. My buddy drops his weed and I drop mine.

As we're walking the cop car rolls up slowly, the officer rolls down her window and says to one of the guys, "I was about to arrest you all until I recognized those nigger blue jeans", and drives off.

A couple minutes later these guys rob us, and tell us if we ever "sell in their neighborhood again" that they would call the cops.

That's just my little anecdote.

Not the user you're arguing with, but do you understand what would be involved with retrofitting 400+ million firearms with your RFID device? Do you understand the myriad of mechanisms that are used firearm designs? Have you ever even disassembled a firearm before? They are purely mechanical devices, there is plug-and-play functionality with them.

>Do you have less rights because prisons and a legal system exist?
yes. I can't carry an ice cream cone in my back pocket in New York because it's "illegal"

>Put receivers on everything, lamp posts, etc.
>It's definitely doable.
1 - what if I'm in the backwoods with my 10mm and get attacked by a bear, not a receiver in sight, does my firearm work, or is it locked?
2 - what if the power goes out to the whole city and stays out for 4-5 days, like during the 2013 derecho. no receivers are functioning, do all the firearms work or are they all locked?
3 - RFID can't actually deactivate a gun - you'd need some kind of electrical mechanism to trigger a solenoid and lock the sear/striker. If the battery goes out, does my firearm work or is it locked?
3a - If my firearm stays locked when the battery's dead, is the system user-serviceable? Can I replace the battery myself, or do I have to have someone else do it?
4 - What exactly prevents someone from just prying the fucking thing out of their gun and removing the disconnect/sear lock/striker block?

>1) I have no faith that the system cannot be hacked by bad actors
>2) I have no faith that the system is reliable either. The last thing I want in a firearm which my life may depend on is another potential point of failure.

/thread

*is no plug-and-play functionality

Ok so how about you tongue my asshole

A strip of magnesium inside the workings and a small igniter shouldn't take up too much space.

So your idea is to turn every gun into bomb that can be set off remotely? Are you serious? Are you really this retarded?

>Still not able to read and comprehend

How fucking stupid are you? Do you think China is just going to say "Hey America, we're going to go to war with you soon, you better delete those lists of RFID guns before we start!"? There's not going to be any clear warning before whatever enemy nation bricks all of the guns, they're going to do that before they let us know what they're up to.

>This one time it would have been ineffective, so lets toss out the whole idea because of That One Time

You called it the perfect solution earlier. You said it would deter mass shootings. It obviously would have done neither here.

Based, I bet he says you can't read.

But.. But... READING COMPREHENSION, RETARD. BTFO!

>A strip of magnesium inside the workings and a small igniter shouldn't take up too much space.
based retard

Attached: 55-979-wendy-4-1467835942.jpg (800x627, 46K)

>A strip of magnesium inside the workings and a small igniter shouldn't take up too much space.
>Either the gun continues to function normally and smells funny, fires unexpectedly, or fucking explodes

>they can remotely de-activate it at any time
>literally the perfect solution
lol no

also
>a modification that literally anyone with a pair of tin snips and basic knowledge of how to field strip their gun can remove

This is sooo fucking retarded. This is now a chicks with guns thread.

Attached: 1542235820491.jpg (720x717, 49K)

I am now holding a gun point blank to the temple of that skank of a tooth fairy.Now what?

Based mudshark

Op idea is a governments wet dream. They allow the illusion of freedom that they can take away at the stroke a key.

An RFID rigged M2? That's easy as shit to fix, gimme ten

Completely ignores the purpose of 2A.

>You can own any fun you like, any hand gun, any rifle, any machine gun M2 .50, whatever.
Correct
>But
No

Attached: unknown-6.png (258x195, 90K)

Most stupid thing i've read all day

Attached: 1562205014900.jpg (500x500, 16K)

The patriots of the colonies were criminals

Though personal protection is still permitted in this solution, the potential for a violent reaction by the general population in a reaction to unacceptable state action is lost.

how about the scorpions that fire 7.62 neo uses in the matrix

nuke

How about you blow it out your ass, for every centimeter you give they take a mile. And between you and me I am not very fond of my firearms being remotely “turned off” on a whim, and neither should anyone with a brain, and that’s not even mentioning hacks and leaks into such a database which happen all the time.
You’re either le master ruseman or a genuine retard, and after the past few days I honestly can’t tell anymore.

Attached: B5A23ED7-95B4-4831-8353-52C07C298E6B.jpg (558x744, 55K)

One day you will grow up and realize how bad things really are.

Those Chicago PD Blacksites make my butt tight >:[.

I'd rather the US turn into another Tokugawa Shogunate, minus the isolation policy. Guns are legal, disrespect and insurrection isn't. They even turned against their own aristocratic members for abusing their power. But they let people express how they wished if it was constructive.

Because what's going to keep an abusive authority figure from shutting down anything they want without probable cause? Just like the vaguely worded Red Flag laws.