With all the recent hysteria I'm seriously considering buying a drill press and milling out some 80% AR-15 lowers...

With all the recent hysteria I'm seriously considering buying a drill press and milling out some 80% AR-15 lowers myself.

I'm thinking of doing a polymer lower first since I've heard it's less time consuming to mill.

How difficult will this be for someone who has zero experience? Am I going to fuck up royally and waste my money? Any advice is welcome

Attached: black-warhog-308-6.jpg (1280x800, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hrzGHEHEbU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy 2 in case you fuck up.

>I'm thinking of doing a polymer lower first since I've heard it's less time consuming to mill.
its not if you have the proper tools its the same process.
>How difficult will this be for someone who has zero experience? Am I going to fuck up royally and waste my money? Any advice is welcome
you already fucked up royally wanting polymer
and really an aluminum or plastic 80 is under 50 bucks. you fuck it up just buy another one and chalk the first up to a learning experience.

Find the depths that you need to drill and mark them on the drill bits with tape. Then use a dremel with fast cutting router bits to finish the job. Also, a bench vice is important.

If you're building an AR10, good luck to you. I did the same thing and I love them!

youtube.com/watch?v=hrzGHEHEbU8

A classic.

What are the legalities of this? I'm considering doing the same but I really like my dog so I'm a little concerned.

Perfectly legal as long as you don't build it with the intent of selling it

Get the 5 d tactical router jig pro and a good router. Get a 10 pack of lowers, your set for life.... under a grand.

it's easy and cheap to do if you don't care about it looking like shit. it's harder and way more expensive if you want it to look like it came from the factory.

welcome to Jow Forums, newfriend

The only places that would have State Laws against this would be deep Blue states like California or Illinois. Other than that, you're okay if it's for your personal, non-transferrable use only.

Go to RightoBearArms.com
Good shit. Just search the site for deals.

Currently the only state where this is illegal is New Jersey

just buy normal lowers you fucking idiot stay away from polymer

drill press or ghost gunner?

Never saw this one, and one should watch a more detailed one to build their first, but thanks!

You're welcome, man. Anything to help a teammate out.

Ghost gunner seems neat but its 2000 dollars vs 150 bucks for a decent drill press and some extra work

Do some basic cuts in wood to get a feel. The biggest issue will be preventing the bit from walking when going.

Endmills are not drill bits, use a drill bit to plunge then end mill your way through. When using an endmill on a milling machine you take off 0.01"~0.015" per pass going at 2200 rpm using a 1/2" four flute endmill on aluminium.

When milling plastic that shit likes to melt and gum up the bit so be careful. If you find when milling aluminium that the chips are Turing colors you need more oil.

Spend more time measuring level and securing the piece than you do milling.

Op here, Thank you I have no idea what any of this means but I'll do some research based on these suggestions

>you take off 0.01"~0.015" per pass going at 2200 rpm using a 1/2" four flute endmill on aluminium
you must have a tiny shitty mill, you can take 1/2 the width of the endmill in depth and 1/4 in width