Charges your position

>charges your position
what's the correct move here?

Attached: darpadog2.webm (640x900, 2.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk
youtu.be/7eZ4MwgViQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shoot it in the dick

50 cal ez
for even ez'er emp
B)

depends, what are its armor specs

a net. curious whats the use of those arms

Punching you while you're down.

Move around it and go for a piggy-back ride.

Literally jog away from it. It moves at the same speed as a Walmart handicap cart.

Attached: laughter.jpg (517x768, 197K)

Just fucking shoot it?

It's made of a complex series of sensitive motors and computer parts, all of which it needs in order to function.

You start shooting it, you're going to hit things that it needs to be able to work, and it's going to go down, just like a person.

that is some of the worst cgi I have ever seen

>cgi

Attached: 1564674114366.png (705x705, 212K)

Dig a ditch around my house

and if theres any sort of hydraulic actuators in there then leg shots would be ideal to disable movement.

Attached: samsupress.png (768x1024, 838K)

that's because it's real

the future is now, old man

Ecm Jammer?
If that fails, aim for any hydraulic lines.

The combat version would obviously be armored

Attached: 1457656334331.png (1440x1512, 974K)

liberal use of hand grenades in a defensive fashion
then fix bayonets

Stanag 4569 level 2-3

Nothing, it doesn't look armed.

What do you mean?
The arms are used for balance and keeping momentum. When you run you pump your arms to keep yourself balanced and moving forward.
If it didn't have arms it would be easier to knock over.

Attached: 1542250236271.jpg (515x1000, 86K)

I'd like to see you add 10 lbs to that thing without it slowing down or being unable to function

push it over with a hockey stick.

shoot what looks like the GPS receiver on its head

>the scary part is that what we can make now is already more nimble/threatening than the original Terminator

>start hoarding AP/Incendiary rounds boys and dust off those elephant gun relics >.>

Inb4 triggering it's residual memories of all the abuses he and his ancestors took from the bearded boston dynamics guy and starts to rip you limb by limb.

>Some Canadian beating the shit out of a robit with a hockey stick.
I don't know why but picturing this, makes me laugh.

>what's the correct move here?
Behave like a vegetable, and it'll run right by you.

there are other ways to balance a moving robot. humans have arms that help in that regard, but i just dont see why its useful on a robot

Where is your god now?

Attached: darpagdog3.webm (600x600, 1.6M)

Spray it with Lofentanil-DMSO gel and kave that kill the engineers that work on getting my dead bits out of its gears.

Well, I assume the robot's going to be doing human tasks. Picking up boxes, moving them, transporting gear, etc. Probably supposed to do simple tasks a human could do like that.
I'd imagine if bipedal robots ever make it to the battle field they're going to be transporting guns and ammo before anything else.

Hopefully I'm making sense. A tracked robot would make more sense honestly, but I assume it's supposed to be more humanoid to be appealing?

Attached: 1544686870628.png (1320x1200, 1.66M)

youre making sense, dont worry. theres just a lot of concern towards making bipedal robots, in that it's inefficient.

>heh, nothing personel meatbag

Attached: darpagdog3.webm (600x600, 1.58M)

>you have angered the murder-droid

I don't see the reasoning for making them for war. Work? Sure, yeah, I can have it deliver packages or work in my wagie cage for free.

I feel like a tracked thing that has a big M249 slapped on it with a gunner's shield and a little bit to ride on would be a lot easier? Could have a guy hidden behind it while it moved forward. Something that detects when he's grabbing or just shuts it off if it's forcibly moved.
Otherwise you'd have something to make it automatically fire.

Anyway I agree that bipedal robots are a bit silly.

dropkick it, probably hasn't learned to get off of its back yet. Then I resort to groundfighting or peeing on it's motherboard

Attached: you now remember that one thing you did in high school.webm (1280x720, 424K)

Canadian Hockey Player vs Robit, who will win?

Attached: Hockey.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

Probably pocket sand it’s eyes/sensors.

I'd be more scared of a 20 ton robotic tank rolling up and immediately deletes several hundred 7 to 12 years of hardass trained professionals with its perfect robotic aiming.

it exists. it's basically a real world prototype of pic related for my beloved grayon eaters. has a .50bmg rotary cannon on it on the last vid i saw of it, maybe a year ago

Attached: legion-rapier-weapons-battery.jpg (801x682, 93K)

I will be the first in history to double leg a robot

net gun desu

Imagine being the retard who breaks his leg trying to force a robots legs down.
Might as well stick a big stick inside a tank thread, same principle as a bicycle after all amiright?

kill it with fire

Came here to post this.

Attached: jill sandwich.png (432x471, 457K)

Digits demand this gif

Attached: canadians_are_assholes_to_robots.jpg (125x69, 2K)

Eh, nevermind. I'm a fucking idiot.

Bolas to the legs

I keep my arms down at my sides when I run

Give the little guy a hug

Xm193 mag dump from a 20 inch barrel.

Why waste such expensive ammo on a shitty aluminum/steel sheet pos? Just aim for the joints with high velocity AP or heavy caliber pistol rounds. Despite the armor, steel plate wont protect servos, hydraulics, and electric motors from high impact shock.

Would a cut 12 gauge shell do the job?

.50 API-T

Nothing personal kid

Attached: S-Mine.jpg (1800x3200, 1.22M)

>Might as well stick a big stick inside a tank thread
Literally been done before, totally fucked the Soviets

>sh..s..shoot the knees!
>mechs will never be viable!
Kek

>tfw you'll live long enough to see videos of niggers sucker punching androids in the streets

Attached: 1449343401540.jpg (528x712, 281K)

>stop motion in real life

this is some surreal shit

Spark gap generator

Headpats.

Set up the cardboard cutouts and ready the maser.

>EMP
>easy

Also small robots and electronics are immune to EMPs.

Mechs as replacements for tanks will never be viable, but robits would make great replacements for fleshy meatbag grunts

a 4" wide neo magnet.

Hard sexual bullying

Attached: Boston_Dynamics.webm (854x480, 1.29M)

>what is a prototype of a prototype

Based

my garden hose

shoot the giant power pack

>armored
and thus even slower? see

fuck its wife

Attached: I WANNA SMASH THE ROBOT BUT IN ANOTHER WAY.jpg (1400x1050, 155K)

>tfw you didn't program it to get back up

Attached: 1514989990156.gif (1280x720, 1.77M)

nets are most effective against robots because the gears and parts get jammed up. pantyhose/nets are specifically banned from battlebots bc it ruins the balance

These webms get posted on robot only forums, and it's only making them angrier.

Bolas.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk
The thing can literally jump up in to the air with one leg. 10 pounds won't do shit.

>Might as well stick a big stick inside a tank thread
*sakkijärven polka plays softly in the distance*

Attached: 1554737751224.jpg (2048x1536, 687K)

i'm going to laugh so hard the day that robot gets back up beats the shit out whoever is pushing it over with that stick

Attached: 1562880385400.png (478x380, 194K)

Modern resurgence of anti-material rifles

Isn't that the mass shooter from Dayton and El Paso?

that dork faced guy needs a big dog robot to beat the shit out of him until hes a bloody pulverized lump of dead meat

Yeah. He just keeps getting away with it!

I'm gonna fap to this.

How is Boston Dynamics able to get funding when none of their military contracts manage to stick?

Who's willing to buy these things, Disney in prep for a refurbished Pirates of the Caribbean ride?

Attached: 8rfv3ina4u531.jpg (4251x2392, 3.77M)

no they aren't

Depends if boston dynamics ever weaponizes one of these

Attached: zamboni-625x352.jpg (625x352, 42K)

They're already resurged, dude.
youtu.be/7eZ4MwgViQI
The nature of modern insurgency means a lot of lightly armored vehicles running around cities, giving anti material rifles a pretty useful niche.

The DoD can afford to just throw money at whatever they want, dude. When you have literally trillions of dollars at your fingertips a few million for some robot R&D is nothing.

Mechs won't be viable, autonomous robots doing menial bullshit and replacing humans will be. There's quite a bit difference between a 60-ton walking tank versus a several hundred pound - 1 ton smaller walking platform or human adjacent.

Even though right now they have nothing really out on the field, they keep showing better designed robots that keep blowing people away. Throw money at that until they event some thing you like that is useful.

40mm HE

this cant happen, r-right?

Attached: yes (2).jpg (488x364, 92K)

Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Does it accept surrender?

>If true
>then false
But like, in a way that it would observe and then interpret.

Hit it with some .45-70 +P, the only government I trust

Attached: 1345943601163.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

Befriend it..? Seems like a good companion (that can be weaponized)

two things:

1) holding stuff

2) helping the robot stand up if it falls over

there are videos out there which show the robot doing both of these things