Stock piling ARs, is it worth it? I already have 3 Gucci ones for everyone in my immediate family...

Stock piling ARs, is it worth it? I already have 3 Gucci ones for everyone in my immediate family. Should I stock pile lowers or whole PSA rifles? Do I really want to arm all my neighbors?

Attached: 260BA773-F337-4F4D-A5C1-19F5B4269855.jpg (1080x1350, 214K)

Frik ur naybors. Survival ov the fitest

When it hits the fan, there should be plenty of firearms on the ground.

Lowers are useless without parts kits. And they in turn will be useless without the parts for the rest of the gun, which in a Democrat-induced famine will become unobtanium. Buy complete firearms and at least ten milspec mags per.

And yes, it's worth it. Buy one for every grandchild you hope to have and thoughtfully stow them at every family member/extended family member's house, along with a GI ammo box full of ammo on stripper clips. They're only going to be legal for six more years.

The only reason I can think of to buy a ton of the same rifle is if you're arming a militia. But the kinds of dudes who show up to be part of a militia probably already have their own ARs soooo

Use that money on extra ammo and mags

Such a nice paper weight when the Democrats get smart and ban ammo.
If I had money to burn, I would be milling out 80% lowers and reloading ammo.
That way, it doesnt matter what they ban.

I mean, I kinda thought of them as trade items for SHTF but realistically do you really want to be arming strangers? As for extended family, I feel like realistically how well will a cheapo AR really work 40 years from now? I guess it makes sense to have a couple around for parts but stockpiling doesn’t seem to make sense

Why lowers though? Lowers is a non load bearing part, it’s hard to imagine them breaking even in 100 years. Isn’t the upper what is most difficult to manufacture

Lowers, mags, uppers

Hoard these in this order

Rich people buy hundreds of them, just for shits and grins. Yet you're agonizing over four or five rifles.... Sad.

That's completely missing the point. Unless some serious legal fuckery were to go down, the lower is the "gun". So unless all accessories for ARs were banned for sale as well, you could still buy barrels and uppers even if sale of ARs is made illegal. Would still be ideal to have the tooling to make the whole thing though, definitely. A 3D printer too for pistol frames and magazines, they're only 200 bucks now.

Better a cheapo AR than no AR at all

>he thinks the boogaloo isn't coming for 40 years

No buy and shoot ammo

I built five identical kits about half a year before the 2016 election shenanigans for shits and giggles, mostly because I was bored and it was a fun project, but also because they're cheap as shit and further shenanigans might and may still ensue.

Gonna die if the boogaloo comes around so I guess they'll be first come first serve for whoever wants to raid my tomb.

If you Burgermutts aren't emptying the shelves faster than a "buy-none-get-two-free" deal in a Baltimore Air-Jordans, you're gonna have a bad time.

>life sustaining needs
>spare parts
>spare optics/batteries
>lots of ammunition
>ways to bury/store it safely

>"Do I really want to arm all my neighbors?"
Thought about this before. Do you live in a red state where everyone is armed or a blue state whrre there is a significant amount of people unarmed?
If the former, then youre wasting your money. If the latter then are these the people who you actually want armed?

>how well will a cheapo AR really work 40 years
Not as well if theyre on a harsh firing schedule but even then, the entry ARs from okay brands, not chinesium, will probably still work.

AR is modular so you can change out the parts.
There may not be anything original but the barrel after 40 years but that's the point of the design.

I have to ask, what 3d printer is this?

Are you that guy that posts his huge collection with the drone? The ARs with the magpul furniture?

Attached: AplLybf_d.jpg (640x418, 14K)

Creality Ender 3. Around $170 on Aliexpress at the moment. Rolls of plastic filament are around $20 for a kilogram of easy-to-print PLA and about $40 to $80 (or more) for tougher carbon fiber reinforced filaments. ABS is also common for cheap and durable parts (I think the liberator is ABS) and it's around $20 per kg.

never arm anyone who is not explicitly on the same team as you and within the same command structure.

Also never buy any prep item that you can't get working immediately if the time comes. Lowers are paperweights, because if you ever found the parts to complete one you'd find them attached to another lower already.

What you need is to figure out the maximum number of people who you could expect to be loyal to you and who you could trust not to shoot you in the back, then divide your money between taking them to the range, so they learn how to shoot, weapons, ammo, and armor which all need to be tailored to your locale with consideration primarily of the most likely and most catastrophic scenarios you will face