He still thinks plate carriers provide sufficient coverage

>he still thinks plate carriers provide sufficient coverage
LMAO, have fun dying to hand grenades, mortar rounds, and artillery.

Attached: d34a35dd.jpg (960x616, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Gz0LssslcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how do you know he didn't die from being hit somewhere else?
and how do you even know he's dead

so it's juggernaut armor or bust for you OP?

>He thinks a full coverage carrier outweighs the increased mobility and decreased weight.

You can't stop everything user.

You need to read " The Soldiers Load and the Mobility of a Nation". It might give you clarity since you're never served

just go without plates, more mobility and the fucking things won't save you in the end anyways

Yes they will don't, do that. That's literally the only part of it that matters.

it was a hand grenade
never heard of flak jackets? they're thin kevlar jackets capable of stopping shrapnel that would have been otherwise lethal
you do know that in pretty much any given modern war the majority of casualties is due to shrapnel, you do don't you?

Attached: 15200a.jpg (1200x609, 82K)

Ok if you are talking a near peer fight yes. Afghanistan I had all kinds of friends who were saved by the plates. Ak47, couple instances of 54r, and a guy from a different company I know took a 3 round blast from a rpk. Can only think of one where a piece of shrapnel from IDF will stop by his vest.

Any kind of fragments will fuck you up without the protection. Be it grenades or artillery. As said, the majority of casualties are from "shrapnel", actually fragments of course, but whatever.

>he thinks anyone ever thought this is what plate carriers are designed to do, or that anyone expects to survive an IED, Grenade, mortar, or artillery by wearing one
>thread died so OP could prove he's a fucking moron to Jow Forums

alright so even if you were wearing a full on bomb suit in combat, some high tech next gen power armor shit with AC and shoulder mounted anti-vehicle weapons, you ARE master chief and you are a badass plot armored motherfucker, if theres a human brain in your head, all of the above are going to kill or otherwise render you combat ineffective. Heat, sound, and concussive force is going to fucking shut you down, your brain is going to hard reboot itself trying to figure out what the hell just happened and it's a pretty good chance it's gonna be stuck at the boot menu for a while

Attached: 1441870226250.gif (640x480, 6K)

>t.OP ready for a combat patrol

Attached: 29894184-1E6F-430E-987B-1498102F6A35.jpg (300x406, 31K)

>he doesn't know that human skin is weak ass shit and that even a thin kevlar jacket can save you from fragments that would have otherwise btfo'd you from blood loss in the matter of minutes

lmao imagine wearing this to combat against literally any fighting force equipped with anything more than AK's

Attached: X4LLMSGNMNASPNZOGILDAG5QBU.jpg (1200x979, 243K)

I know a guy with more than 100 small mortar fragments in his body, every now and then he can pull one out of his skin because skin regeneration is surfacing them slowly

he's also the only casualty to mortars I have ever witnessed. those things are incredibly imprecise when not used by a professional military. mortars in asymmetrical warfare are a meme

had he wore a flak jacket he would only have fragments in his extremities

only ISIS wears flak jackets

Attached: YPGsyria4354.jpg (781x439, 137K)

If the crew/user is shitty, then yeah. Someone who's got time and practice can eyeball a man-portable/direct fire mortar with high accuracy. Also your mum.

flak vest additions are nice but depending on what you do they are fucking horrible to deal with, like patrolling in hot weather or when you go prone, if you are just walking 99% of the time or sitting in a truck it won't bother much but sadly most combat unit don't get to walk all the time or sit in a truck all day long

ZOG wars resulted in weapons, vehicles and armor that are totally unacceptable for combat with anything more than some goat fuckers with AKs.

I was in the Canadian army and they use an air soft tier tactical vest that is suppose to go over your fragmentation vest. You can also put plates in that vest. Trying to do anything from getting in and out of vehicles to trying to shoot in any way comfortable was a nightmare. Every time I had to wear that clunky bulky setup I hoped to god we would eventually get plate carriers

>when you go prone
no idea what you're talking about here, in fact i'd say that it's actually a pro that you're wearing a vest since it softens the impact of jumping to the ground

sounds interesting, got a picture?

???
Where the fuck are those going to show up domestically

it doesn't soften anything when you go on the ground, also the neck protection goes everywhere and especially inside your helmet so you can't aim correctly and miss most of your shots

>t. CID/NCIS

Found this pic online that is a good example

Attached: F6EC00D2-2352-420E-91EA-55E07ED63C10.jpg (900x1340, 581K)

>Guys
>GUUUYYYS
>No armor cover at all is much better than some coverage

Attached: P1EGg6U.jpg (720x706, 63K)

imagine all those actors running away from explosions on the covers of 90s action movies would wear body armor, they would probably be too slow and consumed by the flames

Coverage against fragments and shrapnel > no cover > cover against bullets.
Of course for SHTF and whatever curbstomping-of-shitskins the US is currently taking part in has different requirements, but this applies to conventional combat.

>actors running away from explosions would probably die
well yeah, because those are the bitch characters. the real characters watch the explosion

Using plate carriers is blacklisted in our battalion which are authorized at the brigade level because apparently some driver was like half vaporized by an IED a few years ago. Somehow an IOTV could have saved PV2 Snuffy according to the powers that be.

So yeah, the year is 2019 and I'm still waddling around and hanging 120mm mortars in an ACU IOTV.

sounds like whacky b-movie trash, running away from an explosion that's right after you while wearing a shirt that's torn up from fights before is a lot more realistic

>So yeah, the year is 2019 and I'm still waddling around and hanging 120mm mortars in an ACU IOTV.
If your main threat is IEDs and the occasional mortar bomb, that's the only thing that's going to protect you. A plate carrier's not going to do much good unless someone decides to try to shoot you.

mortars have a warning system that warns you when they are close enough to hurt you, just hit the ground and you're fine

Talking about the CIWS alarm or something else?

This, specifically. I've no clue how Angloshit works.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Gz0LssslcA

actually i was just talking about the whistling

Probably best. You aren't doing anything anyways, you can afford to wear more armor tubestroker

>Thinking mortars whistle

Christ, the state of neverserveds

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with jihadist mortars, but if you're hearing a whistling / train sound in the air, you're not going to be safe just by tossing yourself onto the ground. If you haven't dug in, you're going to have a very, very bad time.

the mortars i have witnessed being used by Jihadis literally all whistled, and except for this guy who lost an eye to a mortar, out of hundreds of rounds, i have never seen someone get hit. don't wanna go down to facebook talk, but at some point it becomes so routine that you just hit the ground mid sentence and finish it 2 seconds later

interestingly that hasn't been my experience with pic related
diving for cover without even going to your knees first was quite pleasant and the neck protection didn't really get in the way, though my optic was pretty high on the rifle so i didn't really need that much of a cheekweld

Attached: 15062009072.jpg (957x1276, 957K)

who said that?

>i have never seen someone get hit
How close do their mortars usually land, in your experience? Sounds like they're entirely incompetent when it comes to indirect fire.

I think it was their equipment, the ones I saw were very crudely homemade ones. Distance was everything from 2 to 50 meter or even more, I only ever saw them firing at whole areas/villages, or at least I didn't notice if they tried to hit some specific position

and for some reason I have never seen them using them at night, no idea why that was. no mortars in the dark

If I'm going to be sitting in a truck, be it driving, TC or gunning, I'll take an IOTV. If I'm going to be dismount, I'll take a plate carrier. Mobility matters more than trying to stop every threat when you're dismounted.

Do they usually maintain fire, or attempt to land multiple rounds on target simultaneously?

you must have some damn great mobility, being able to outrun shell fragments and such

again very differently, sometimes it was just two or three rounds from the same mortar, sometimes it appeared like three or more maintaining fire until CAS solved the problem

The US is not operating in areas where effective, professional, indirect fire is a common threat. Mobility is by far the greatest defense against direct fire, but indirect does not care about it.

Yeah, it's pointless. Dibs on that carrier! Do you accept PayPal?

>you do know that in pretty much any given modern war the majority of casualties is due to shrapnel, you do don't you?
You do know that this is because soldiers wear armor protecting thier vitals making gunfights less lethal, you do don't you?

You think soldiers in WW2 had plate carriers? Lmafo at you.

Being shelled isn't a threat in Afghanistan. They don't have the guns to do it. The mortars they do have are pretty much just like Five O'clock Charlie from MASH. Dismounts don't need to worry about any fragmentation because if they DO get hit by anything an IOTV isn't going to be much help anyways, and their main threat is going to be getting shot. Most units in the Army at least recognize this and their SOPs allow their personnel to choose between the two.

I!
>pada-pada-pa-pa
E!
>pada-pada-pa-pa
D!
>pada-pada-pa-pa
I!
E!
D!

I!
E!
D!

Attached: 9A3445BB-2832-4012-906B-CF19FB0E2B10.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>Modern

Modern is not synonymous to contemporary.