My grandpa gave me a Japanese flag war trophy he took off a guy on Okinawa...

My grandpa gave me a Japanese flag war trophy he took off a guy on Okinawa. Should i give it back to the dead soldier’s family? I feel like the flag could be evil but when he handed it to me it made me feel powerful. My grandpa said it made him feel strong when he looked at it.

Attached: 3755B498-5665-4888-B03F-97C007B8980C.jpg (1015x768, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

obonsociety.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post flag

You're probabl not going to find an individual soldier's family to trace it back to. Messages like that came from townspeople or from those within a unit. It probably wasn't a personal artifact like some guy's watch or family photos, it's from a unit's encampment and a fair trophy. I say keep it without guilt.

That is because he eanred it, you didnt.

If anything giving it back will make you feel strong for not relying on a relic you didnt earn and shows you respect the dead person his history and family

www.obonsociety.org
Youre welcome.

wow you sound like an absolute faggot.

This.

>be op’s granddad
>drafted at 18 to fight in brutal war
>survive untold horrors to come home
>bring trophy of arduous victory
>60 years later faggot grandson wants to give your trophy back to enemy

Disgusting

lol you guys are just cucks the glorefy war whilst never having held a rifle nor fought a war in your entire useless lifes

Absolutely fucking not. Unless you hate your grandpa so much that you would give the trophy he fought for back to the people who tried to kill him. He won it fair and square, if the nips wanted to keep it they shouldn't have fucked with us.

I'm guessing your military service is where the brain damage came from?

Shut the fuck up boomer.

Nips did nothing wrong, US instigated the situation and played the victim.

Im thinking that was his moms whippit use

cucks and autistic, you guys are really going for it

After all the shit Japan did to servicemen during the war, you think we should give them a single fucking shred of respect? We should have made their pathetic little island into a fucking parking lot when we had the chance.

>Wants to give away war trophy that was rightfully won back to the enemy
>calls others cucks

>japs genocide Chinese
>us decides funding this would be bad
>japs chimp out
>get nuked twice
>dindu nuttin

This
You should be ashamed OP your grandfather went through hell for your country and brought back a trophy to remaind him of his sacrifices now you wanna give it back....
Kys

That's exactly why Japan was treated with respected and helped after the war, to show them the Americans were better. The Japanese military and civilian population were prepared to fight to the death because they thought an occupation would be like when their side won. When the Americans came ashore unarmed, helping cleanup debris, reestablish infrastructure, the Japanese were shocked and did not put up resistance.

Nailed it.

Based. Heed this man OP

There is no one to give it back to. Keep your grandfather's war trophy. It's more meaningful as part of your family's history then it is to anyone else.

>You should be ashamed OP your grandfather went through hell for your country
The country that now hates itself and wants to import 3rd world trash until it implodes
Oh yeah and its also the one that infringed on itself in the 1920s.
Fuck NuMerica, I want 1776 back.
War is for faggots, OP burn the flag on livestream

>That's exactly why Japan was treated with respected and helped after the war, to show them the Americans were better.

No, it was because we would rather have them on our side to use them as a gigantic aircraft carrier than have the commies do the same. We should have just let the Red Army come across and do to Tokyo what they did to Berlin.

>still has primitive and ooga booga power values for a symbol that he has no relation to
>to immature to see how giving back this symbol only brings unity and peace for all parties involved

>unity and peace for all parties involved
All parties involved are dead you retard. And peace with Japan has been a thing for 7 decades now.

>It's just a symbol, giving it back will only help bring peace

>It's just my wife, letting another man fuck her will only help our marriage.

Op is the kind of guy that would get dragged in the middle of the night

why do white people say gay ass shit like this? did the jews really clip your nuts that badly?

ask him where he keeps his skull collection and necklace made of ears

JAPS DIDNU NUTTIN JAPS WERE KANGZ AND SHIIIEEEETTTTT NEVER MASSACURED UP TO FORTEEN PEOPLES WHO WERENT JEWS SHEEEIIIIIETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFDXGHN GFFRGHFNC

Attached: Japs_didnt_do_nothing.gif (400x222, 328K)

As much as Jow Forumssmokers rant and rave about da joos, the truth is that white people are their own worst enemies.

no pussie give it to me

thats retarded.

Because of a concerted effort by Jews over hundreds if not thousands of years to divide and conquer. Nice try absolving yourself of that guilt, Moishe.

a race divided against itself can not stand

I've come to understand that your type is simply unable to shoulder any responsibility whatsoever, much like blacks blaming all their problems on wypipo.

Japs were leaving a literal trail of rape and torture across Asia and you have the nerve to say they were innocent? Go be a weaboo faggot elsewhere

As a black person who absolutely despises blacks who do this, I apologize

One day you will learn your not as cool and patriotic as you think you are by keeping it. but i cant blame you for not understanding right now.

I would ask him if he's ever considered tracking down the family and returning it. If he didn't, and it's not something he wants you to, then respect his wishes. If you do keep it, treat it with respect.

except vets voluntarily give back their bringbacks all the time, retard. There was a big event in my town where a bunch of old Pacific Theater veterans got together and tracked down the families to whom their bringbacks belonged to, a bunch of flags and even a Meiji-era sword were returned.

>enemy
it's been almost 70 years, nearly everybody responsible for Japanese aggression is dead and the country is irreversibly changed. How the fuck are they still the enemy? There are no eternal enemies, and the harsh reality of war is that there always comes a day when we're forced to look our old foes in the eye and come to terms with what fucked-up shit we've done to each other. This is something edgelords who've never done shit fail to understand.

Worth a mention, but Seabees were notorious for making fake Jap flags and then pawning them off as souvenirson GIs moving up through the Pacific islands.

Standard technique was to flip a bucket over and fill the shallow with red die or paint, then lay the flag over it. They'd usually have a guy either trace or copy Japanese characters off of captured suplies (foods, papers, etc.) to make the iconic radial messages and other names.

Awhile back, some guys tried to find a way to detect fakes by using measurements of surplus US buckets (apparently these had standard sizes) but there wasn't much luck. Best chance is to get a moonrune reader to give it once over. This can be a little tricky, because legit ones include a lot of formal pre-war Japanese in freehand that just isn't taught nowadays.

No disrespect to your grandfather buy implying he bought a fake or anything for a war story. I'm pretty good at reading these things if you want to post a picture to have an amateur confirmation of legitimacy.

Better than running around Japan, trying to return a flag advertising Philopon.

Don't apologize. Every group has its whiners, but they don't define individuals.

>he doesnt know about the rapes american servicemen did on japanese women initially

Attached: 1561529120808.jpg (180x287, 14K)

Don't be an uncle tom, nigger

>soldiers sometimes commit rape
Oh wow. How shocking. I never knew this.

you can't rape the willing
zips are aching for the BWC

wear flag as cape and fight crime.

>he earned his trophy so he feels strong
>you, giving away said trophy earned by another man, will also feel strong
I am pretty sure the flag belonged to a unit or something rather than as a personal item, and with the unit basically not existing any more, doing this can only be a net negative for all parties involved. But we live in a clown world with clown values so you do you.

If my future grandson ever tries to return my afghan finger necklace Im going to haunt him worse than any spirit attached to it would have.

Go adopt some nigger kids.

It’s alright, fren

Not being on board with blacks who look for excuses for their nigger behavior doesn't make me an uncle tom retard.

>I am pretty sure the flag belonged to a unit or something rather than as a personal item

Not OP, but it's more than likely he's talking about a personal flag, filched off a corpse or looted from a footlocker, common Jap soldier thing to own. Not an actual flag that he and his unit worked together to fight and take down.

obonsociety.org/

A lot of vets have returned them to the members of the family that is still alive. It is mostly for the children who never got to see their dad before going off to war. Lists of wellwishing from family members and all..

My take is if your grandpa wanted to reconcile some feelings of the war and wished to grant it back then do so, its good for the Japanese family that they get a memento of their fallen loved one.

If he didn't give a fuck, then fuck the nips, he won it fair and square on the battlefield. If it made him feel powerful that is him being a conquering badass. It is/was your grandpas to do with what he wanted.

This. Just because my grandson turns out to be some apologist faggot doesn't mean that I was and I'll be damned if I let that little shit give my war trophies back to the bastards I fought for it.

If they don't reciprocate with the return from Japanese soldiers the affects of Americans they killed back to their families then fuck them. Looks like a weeb project to me

Oh for sure it is weeb shit, dude married a Japanese lady, I saw some of their videos. Like I said for some people it is cathartic to return artifacts. Some people feel a release from the guilt they may hold. And for that it is good for those who harbor those feelings an option to return them and free their conscience.

But if gramps said fuck the Japs till the day he died, then fuck the Japs. Keep that shit as the trophy of his glory. I was merely suggesting the options.

I don't think anyone would want that back.

Frankly speaking, my grandmother sold my great-grandfather's RAF medals and ribbons at a flea market a couple decades back. When my dad got pissed off after hearing this, she said that they were worth about as much as a good bottle of scotch to her father and a hell of a lot less than the stories he refused to pass down to her.

Pride often has nothing to do with it. As much respect I had for my great-grandfather, and as much as I agreed with my father, my grandmother knew there was a reason why my grandfather kept those medals were kept in a cardboard box in storage. They were never once displayed or framed.

He was probably a fraud and a draft dodger.

The Jow Forumsube frowns upon this gayass thread.

Attached: quit being a nigger.png (300x402, 86K)

post more info about grandfather

Eat it. Gain it's strength.

Hell no. Frame it in a beautiful case and hand it down to your descendants. This is weregild for Pearl Harbor, and by rights is your grandfather's.

how is everyone falling for this obvious bait???

Attached: 419961fec6bf7ee15174d62790ac1c81.png (420x420, 103K)

Chinese aren't people.
as said, didn't do anything wrong.

Fuck off back to your cuddle house, Takahara-chan

based.

Pretty sweet thing

>Invade China on false pretenses then rape and torture pretty much everything vs. an oil embargo

Attached: 1510046223563.jpg (496x496, 134K)

I am all 'AMERICA FUCK YEA" as much as the next guy, but keeping it or giving it back are both just fine.

Keeping it is fine because its some thing your granddad brought back so it is special because of that.

But choosing to give it back would also be fine because despite memes its not WWII anymore, giving it back would be a nice show of respect and peace between two nations that were enemies but are now allies.

>If they don't reciprocate with the return from Japanese soldiers the affects of Americans they killed back to their families then fuck them

By "affects" I assume you mean "artifacts", next time don't be a phone nigger.But what would they give back? Those jap flags unique and special to the villages they are from , thats why that website is specifically for those flags, there really is not much of a equivalent for the US.

Actually I think your grandson just dumping off a finger necklace at their families feet is pretty fucking metal

This bait again? You posted this like 2 novembers ago

but then there wouldn't be any anime so i don't agree with you desu senpai

So? They were a Warrior culture, respect them by keeping your trophy

I cannot stress enough what a fucking faggot you are for even considering giving that flag back to those slant-eyed fucks. They wanted a war, they fucking got one, and they lost. Finders keepers is a bitch but when you start shit you pay the price. If you don't want it then find somebody in your family who does or give it to a museum here in the states, but don't you dare go give those pussies back something we rightfully took for them for starting a war in the most chickenshit cowardly way they could think of.

Wait until the inevitable conflict with China happens and see how the Japs react.

If they puss out or only offer the absolute minimal amount of support to remain "part of the gang" then keep it framed over your mantle as an honorably earned trophy from a worthy enemy.

Alternatively, if they go full-on chinkeater co-prosperity sphere mode, return it to them as a symbol of a warrior nation reborn. The whole "Rising Sun" thing makes for some pretty attractive imagery for it.

Don't listen to that user. Do this.
>Trade flag to Japanese town to have their honoru back but they have to allow you to dishonoru one member of their village for rife.

>My grandpa gave me a Japanese flag war trophy
He gave it to you not the descendants of the people who tried to kill him on behalf of their emperor heathen who claimed to be God, who tortured his fellow American soldiers in POW camps and that he conquered you vile faggot OP

>wow you sound like an absolute faggot

This, the contempt shown for his grandfather is mind blowing

This

based

Speak for yourself you fucking faggot

Attached: JPEG_20190731_203922.jpg (4000x3000, 1.44M)

god you are fat

Nigger

Literally took that picture at a bad angle, and if you wanted to insult me you would have called me a manlet you nigger

Knowing Japanese culture and eastern cultures in general, the plunder of a warrior obtained from victory in honorable battle is seen as the property of the victor. Strength and courage is respected and surrender is not, when Obama visited Japan and bowed to the Japanese prime minister the newspapers felt so embarassed for him that they refused to publish the story. Their cultures aren't cucked with faggotry like the modern day west is, even if you do find the family of the soldier that flag was taken off, they won't think highly of you as you think they will, in all likely hood they will think of you like the faggot you are. Besides, that was a fucking gift from your grandfather who endured the horrors of war, untold amounts of agony, and suffering in a terrible war. That flag is a relic to him and his memory. Are you that much of a disrespectful little faggot and a piece of shit grandson that you would tarnish the memory of a war veteran and give away his prized possession that was a thoughtful gift to you no less?

>foot meme
Back to weekendgunnit, queer.

Attached: 1562886275314.png (386x300, 111K)

We literally started the foot meme, retard.

sure why the fuck not
another vid of some chubby neet fucktrd teen handing off another one to some guy at a museum and awkwardly trying to hide his weeaboo powerlevel would be fun to see

What this guy said OP.
Also you should find an actual native Japanese speaker to talk to. Japanese glorify war and some museum might want it.

Just because you like anime and manga doesn’t make you Japanese.
>war crimes were committed by all sides in the largest and most destructive war in recorded history
Truly a shocker no one saw coming, it’s not like the Japanese were infinitely worse or anything. The worst the US did was stick some people in the middle of some random desert until 1945, pretty big far cry from the shit the Japanese were doing years before the war started.
Also this. Far too often modern pussy feel good bullshit that is rampant in the West is applied elsewhere in the world.

Ah, summer.
This is the 3rd time I've seen this photo.

I need a new jizz rag, I'll give you $5 for it.

Either keep it, or trade it to his family for a qt3.14 nip gf.

Attached: that one mondo grosso video.jpg (600x319, 51K)

The Japanese are no longer our enemies.

The irony is were posing on a Japanese imageboard.

>nips shouldn't have fucked with us
Kys brain dead

They are always our enemies.

I'm gonna ouiji your grandpa and have his ghost haunt/beat your ass for being such a fag. I wish axis had won and I still think you should keep the flag. At least I did until you came here to tell everyone how much of a bitch you are. Find a way to atone and keep it. Better make white babies to pass it on to.

This, we've had this thread before several times, albeit the last one I remember was a few months ago