Did I just buy a LARPing toy?

I live in Michigan and there are some very misleading articles and info concerning knife laws for the state.
I just bought a double edged ultratech (pic related). In the pamphlet you receive in the box, Microtech states that you should consult the AKTI website for up-to-date knife laws...
>however
This, and every other website is difficult to dissect as to whether they are actually citing law or stating opinions or "their interpretation" of a law.

In short, I have found NOTHING in the actual written Michigan laws that specifically state that it is illegal to own or -openly- carry an otf/double edged otf, or really any knife UNLESS youre carrying it concealed. The "MI state police legal update" letter of Nov 2017 also states that a knife having a mechanical opening device is irrelevant when one may be charged with illegally carrying it concealed. "Any dangerous weapon" cannot be carried concealed, and really any knife that's longer than 3in can be considered a "dangerous weapon."
The AKTI site lists a header that reads "restricted" and under it says "otf automatics."
The article goes on to say, in bold lettering, "although automatic knives are legal in MI, otf automatics are still prohibited."
>BUT
>THEY
>NEVER
>CITE
>A
>LAW
Does anyone know the answer to this? Did I just buy a $300+ toy that I can only use to jump around the house acting like John Wick?
>also knife thread because the qtddtt thread was on like page 7

Attached: 20190807_210134.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

Bro that's not a Benchmade Infidel you wasted your money

Cops will gape you for it. Won't hold up in court, but do you want to pay a jew $10k to fight a fuck fuck game charge?

Yes.

Yes you wasted your money because you'll never train with it and then get your ass beat in the street after trying to use it against a dindu. You'll do this because you'll think having an auto knife makes you John Wick, when in actuality it makes you a massive faggot

cool factor 10/10
but is it really that practical, maybe has some value for larping

As a matter of fact, the first auto of any kind I ever saw for sale in MI was a double edged infidel in late 2017. I prefer the "button/slider/whatever" on the side, not in the middle like the infidel.
I have carried a benchmade contego for about 4-5 years tho, pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-212645_Gallery.jpg (1080x1428, 1021K)

I'm not concerned with anything "holding up in court" or trying to act like Billy Badass "in the street."
I'm just pointing out that there is nothing (that I've been able to find) in the actual law that says these types of knives are illegal to openly carry. Aka, not fully concealed in a zipped up pocket, in a bag, etc.

Attached: 1565153079098m.jpg (1024x1022, 82K)

Yeah and we don't give a fuck about that, we're trying to tell you what ever the law says you're a massive faggot, faggot

Whats a better auto, benchmade infidel or microtech combat ?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stay poor trailer boy. I can just hear Garand Thumb now...
>if you've... ever been jealous of someones knife on a malaysian pottery forum... go ahead and hit that subscribe button

You're going to have to look into that specific section of the state law for a legal answer. Common sense should tell you that the cops will be trained to treat it as illegal. Depending on the officer, they probably won't make a big deal out of it unless you're already getting busted doing some serious shit.

Infidel

What the fuck is wrong with you that you'd spend $300 on a knife that doesn't even look good? I'd understand if it was some highly ornate custom shit or something, but that looks like something you would buy at a flea market.

I prefer microtech otfs. Like I said in a previous post, it's really all about the position of the fire button "thing" whatever you want to call it. I have both benchmade and microtech manual folders and they are both great.
*Microtech also makes the Dirac which has the slider on the same area as the infidel.
I find the infidel to be overpriced considering its using mostly the same materials (or even worse blade steel vs the microtechs if you have an opinion on D2 vs elmax or 204p)
I've also heard some iffy things about them too, but that's a dyor situation.
Microtechs seem to be offered in many more different variations. The infidel, from what I've seen, comes in black, olive drab, and (discontinued) silver with spear point and drop point-ish blades. Microtechs come in like 4 different blade shapes and a ton more colors/finishes

Because highly ornate custom shit costs you thousands, not hundreds. Learn about how and why knives are priced the way they are before saying shit like that.
>materials
>design
>fit and finish
>hand assembly/sharpening/inspection
>company reputation
>on and on and on
I cant stand when some retard sees my benchmades or spydercos (let alone microtechs or striders) and says "I can get a $20 knife that will cut just as well, why would you spend that kind of money hurt durrr?"
Some people just like knives more than others and are willing to pay to get unique items.
Yeah, you can buy a civic, but if you want a 6 liter v12 with a hand stitched interior, you have to buy an aston martin. Just because they're both cars doesnt mean they're equal.

Shut the fuck up you dork.

Ok ya dingus. But again, if you use that logic, every Jow Forumsommando would be sporting sd9ve's and hipoints because "why would anyone spend $600 on a new glock???"

Attached: 1563026790648.jpg (526x476, 39K)

A Chinese clone for fourth bucks

Attached: FA0CCB3E-C2CE-4708-BB62-C7B17022D21F.jpg (3650x2736, 2.24M)

I'd be careful about possible brandishing laws. I know in WA you can be arrested and charged if someone is reasonably alarmed by you open-carrying a weapon. Ex. you get in a shouting match in public and the police are called while you're open-carrying a knife.

where get?

today, I learned that Michigan is basically the UK.
What must it be like to have a concealed knife ban?
what must it be like to live in the worst state in America?
and no, California is not worse. at least you get 10/10 weather and oceans and girls to offset the horror of everything else.

this entire board is just people buying LARPing toys

Attached: 1550022015270.jpg (500x378, 31K)

Amazon or aliexpress. Chinese sellers describe them as safety knives lol

Why just not buy a Puukko instead of that meme garbage?

Attached: puukko.jpg (2536x1016, 597K)

thanks user

From my limited understanding, double edged is STILL illegal as the law considers it a 'stiletto' which we all know is the most dangerous kind of knife. At the same time, we also have rules against knives greater than 3 inches, unless it's a hunting knife 'and carried as such'...

so yeah waste of money. It's not illegal for them to sell it, but it's illegal to have it

The actual verbiage in the law is "no person shall carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, double edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon CONCEALED on or about their person..." Then it goes on to explain that carrying a knife while in your vehicle is considered concealed, intent to harm laws, etc...
It does not state anywhere that you cannot own a dagger, dirk, stilletto, double edged nonfolding stabbing instrument (which, I believe they consider otf knives to be)... It ONLY says you cant carry it concealed. For christ sake, you can openly carry a pistol with zero prerequisites aside from obtaining it legally.

My point is that, yes, they specifically name these knives as being prohibited from being carried concealed, but nothing else. Meaning technically you could OC a double edged bravehart style claymore if you wanted. My $0.02 is that there arent any knives that you cannot possess or openly carry. At least there isnt any law specifically deeming them illegal. Only the act of carrying them concealed, which, is illegal with any knife over 3in.

>why not buy this meme garbage instead of that meme garbage

(this user)
I forgot to mention that the "hunting knife" exception part of the law basically ensures that you wont catch a felony for having a bowie or skinning knife "concealed" in your backpack while hunting.
The "dangerous weapon" part exempts knives under 3 inches and/or knives with a blunt tip. Which means if you get stopped and searched and you have a butter knife in your lunchbox, it's not going to get you a felony charge.
>except maybe in bongland
>kek

>buying cuckmade

Don't know Ohio laws specifically but in Florida everything is based upon court precedent and not actual law, this is how it is in most states because of the US Civil law system. Tbh regardless to whether its illegal those knives are just Gucci shit anyway and I doubt you'd want to use it regardless. Plus it's illegal in most statrs so kind of your bad.

Fellow Michiganfag here, I have the ultratech single edge. OTF autos are perfectly legal to own and carry in your pocket, but the law gets murky with double edge knives. Forgive me for no sources, but the law that addresses double edge restrictions SPECIFICALLY names double edged fixed blade knives only. The law doesn’t name restrictions for double edge folders at all. Most people think that the cops won’t fucking care anyway since cops generally don’t care about rights, but the law says what it says.

A better car analogy would be comparing a civic to a civic with a hand stitched interior and a nice spoiler on the back to show everyone you're a cool race car driver.

I understand what you mean, but again, I havent seen any actual written laws prohibiting any kind of knife to be openly carried. I believe the ATF (or other federal law) prohibits ballistic knives, but that's not a concern of mine.

I'm going to call a few local knife shops and ask them. At least one actually has double edged otfs for sale so they should at least have an idea.

Michigan police don’t give a fuck what kind of knife you’re carrying so long as you’re not a nigger out stabbing people with it.

Except for the part where they actually can buy a $20 Mora that cuts better than your $300 larp knife.