Hey, guys. My uncle on my mom’s side passed away in a car accident a while ago...

Hey, guys. My uncle on my mom’s side passed away in a car accident a while ago, and it looks like my brother and I are getting his smallish gun collection. My mom doesn’t really want them. My brother is getting more of the rifles but I’m getting most of the pistols I think. I’ll post the pictures that were sent to me, but I don’t have them yet.

Is there anything I need to look out for, are all of these shootable? My uncle and I weren’t that close, but I don’t think I plan on selling them, it seems sort of scummy.

Attached: 088B131E-C944-447D-9B74-94728BF67340.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=romanian psl
gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=svt 40&Sort=13
gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=m1 garand&Sort=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you Canadian?

I don’t know why the picture is sideways, it isn’t for me. Sorry.

Attached: 058E94DC-DDA7-4116-A72F-9B1E4B7A6590.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

No, I live in the states

Uncle had patrician taste. Sorry for your loss OP, respect those nice gats.

Keep all of those, they are choice - all of them.

you got screwed. those rifles are worth way more.

You need to get that PSL. Give your brother noogies until he hands it over.

Sorry, I should have been clear. Those are the few rifles I got. I don’t know what my brother took.

I can tell you with zero doubt, your uncle browsed this website. He had some patrician slavaboo taste. If he doesn't have an AK somewhere I'd be shocked by the way.

You have a Romanian PSL
gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=romanian psl
and an SVT-40
gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=svt 40&Sort=13
and an m1 garand
gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=m1 garand&Sort=13
The shotgun is a Remington 870, nothing special but good.
All three of those rifles are good.
Don't let your brother take all of them.

For pistols you have a sig p229, an older beretta model I don't know the exact one, a CZ52 (Czech version of the Tokarev, super cool gun!), I don't know what the pocket pistol is, and a S&W model 10. These are worth substantially less than the rifles.
Ok. In Canada the SVT-40 is worth a lot less, that's why I was asking. It's much more common there.

Good info, thanks! The rifles are mine, I’m not sure what the rest of the rifles were. I wasn’t clear in the original post but I don’t think I can edit it

>brother took the good ones

Attached: sad cat.png (540x540, 359K)

The Winchester shotgun is nice but not worth much. The PSL, M1 Garand and SVT-40 are all badass rifles and worth a fair bit if it ever came time to sell any of them. The handguns aren't worth all that much. The Baby Browning is pretty cool and the CZ52 is awesome.

Jesus christ I want to see the other rifles if these are the less cool ones he left you. Cause I mean shit dude, the SVT40 and PSL are both fairly rare nowadays, cool guns, and expensive to boot.
>inb4 your retarded brother took your uncle's CZ2008 and a stack of cheapo ARs

Ask your brother for a picture and post it here, please. Your uncle had excellent taste, I'd love to see the rest of the collection.

I know he got an AR of some kind, I could probably text him but he didn’t pick which ones he got. I think my mother just divided them up randomly. I might text him at some point and ask if he knows what he got

>remington 870
Oh yeah and I'm retarded and shit, that's clearly a Winchester not a Remington
Ahhh I see. I was just picturing him picking all the tactical looking shit and leaving you everything with wood, not knowing any better

Damn bruh your uncle was a cool dude.

ARs are gay and generally have no resale value. SVT-40s are a relatively uncommon milsurp gun from WWII that sells for $1200+

PSL is a Romanian DMR type gun, not actually a dragunov clone but looks like one. The new PSLs that were imported in this batch recently are listed at about $1800.

M1 Garand is the definitive US infantry rifle of WWII. $1000++++ on the normal market.

Basically, you have some unique, rare, and valuable rifles that were left to you. Cherish them, learn to love them, and stock up on 30-06 and 7.62x54r

Okay, I texted him. He says he is getting an Olympic AR, three .22s, a couple of older shotguns and an AK74

You got the better deal, user.

oh god he got raped, I hope the AK is an Arsenal so it's not so lopsided but jesus christ that's brutal

I have yet to hear of a woman doing a good job when distributing an estate that includes guns.

unless those shotguns are citoris or that ak is an SGL31 your brother got turbo assblast ripped off

Attached: melty.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Well shit, I’d figured he might be better off because he got more of the rifles. I don’t think he cares that much, never seen him shoot a whole lot

Nope. Like, if those are just some average .22's like Marlin 60s or 10/22s he'd need like 20 of them to be coming close to what you got dude.

The beretta might actually be one of the weird egyptian copies, a Helwan m51, just saw one at my lgs for $230

>family member passed away recently
>I guess they had some guns
>people cleaned out their house the day after
>instead of calling me about the guns they just called the cops to have them collected
>this isn't even a gay state
I'm mildly upset.

This feels like bait but if not congrats on having a retarded brother

The fact that she didn't immediately sell them/demand the local PD take and destroy them and gave them to her kids is already 99% of the struggle. That's pretty good in my book

Attached: community_image_1424331798.jpg (500x500, 42K)

If your brother is getting most of the rifles then you're getting fucked. Agree to split 50/50.

I'd keep all the guns user. If you really wanna trim off a little fat though, that browning pocket pistol can go. It's an anemic 25ACP and statistically the worst self defense caliber. That beretta 1951 looking gun appears to be an Egyptian knock off (Helwan) since from what I can see in the pic it looks to have a serial number or other markings in Arabic. Both of those guns will probably get you 200-250 bucks in a store or about 100 more in a private sale.
Or don't get rid of them. That's your choice buddy.

SVT's have gotten pretty expensive up here. Pushing $1k. Mosins too.

SKSs are still dirt cheap for now though.

those are all in great shape and some are fairly valuable. It's a nice little collection OP, it looks like he took care of them well.
Make sure you clean them and find out the correct ammunition theyre chambered for. Seeing the amount of slavshit there, know that 9x18 is not 9x19 or 9x17 (380) and 7.62x54 is not 7.62x51 (308).
All of those look very shootable and it is scummy to sell that kind of inheritance. Or, if you do sell them, Ill take the lot for $3k

you should be able to get them back. something seems illegal about other people giving police your property

the way it's written suggests that the will wasn't written with many specific inheritances

There was no will. It was mostly just family going to their mess of a trailer, taking what was of value and dividing it amongst family and burning the rest, except the guns for some reason. They're all fudds that have what they want (a deer rifle and maybe a shotgun) and didn't think to consult the one proper gun person in the family on the matter. I'm not losing sleep over it because I didn't really even know the guy or what guns he had.

In this case, OPs mom did a 9/10 job. Only better thing would be have both OP and brother pick them out, but she didn't sell them or destroy them, so she should be remembered well.

Based and leanpilled

>mfw my grandpa was murdered by his mexican gf (or wife idfk) and his 450+ firearm collection (including a fully automatic UZI) was willed to the wetback bitch, and his four kids didnt get shit.

Attached: 1528832166211.png (967x954, 554K)

so did you spend ANY time with him to ensure that you were at the forefront of his mind as the best inheritor of his firearms collection? im betting no

How does that work if the person you willed your stuff to was also the murderer?

>forefront of his mind
nigga had alzheimers
although you are probably right, however he was an abusive dickwad and my mother wouldn't let me see him.

He didnt know it. She kept food from him and starved him to death.

looks like he had good taste, he was a C&R collector.

the rifles are a lot more valuable than the handguns there if that matters to you. if you want ot be fair about dividing it up you should do half and half.

each of those handguns is worth like $250-$350 where each of those rifles is worth like $1000-$1500

the shotgun is like $250

if you ever get into the hobby of target shooting or collecting you will look back to this and realize how lucky you are, those are some fantastic rifles which are very desirable.

post closeups of the svt-40 please, it might be a $1200 rifle or it might be a $3000 rifle depending on certain attributes

I mean legally. Do they still get to keep your stuff?

oh absolutely not. we're the only people that know she killed him, but theres no way to prove it.

Your uncle had good taste. Those 3 rifles could go for $1000 a pop if you wanted